SS – Kuudere
649 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, Takei. Did you see that new girl who transferred in? The ice cold beauty?" Eiji asked.

Takei shrugged and went back to doing the worksheet that they were supposed to work on. "No, I haven't seen her yet, but I don't really care."

"Aww, you're being boring..." Eiji sighed. "I really hoped that you would be interested in her."

"As if," Takei scoffed.

It was true that Takei wasn't interested in many things, which was why Eiji made it a challenge to get him interested in something, anything at the very least.

The new transfer student that they were talking about was a girl by the name of Akari Akazawa.

A beautiful golden-haired girl with a fantastic body and face, but there was just one problem.

She always spoke in monotone and her personality was very flat.

All of her responses to questions would be short and blunt, which instantly created a dead end to the conversation and forced everyone else out.

So far, no one had been able to make friends with the impeccable beauty.

Takei had no interest in a girl who thought she was above everyone else, so he paid her no attention and continued on with his everyday life.

There's a reason I don't get involved with those stuck-up popular kids. They're just too much for me to handle. I would rather avoid them entirely then try and interact with them.

As the school day progressed, nothing of importance happened so Takei was ready to go home after a long day of school.

"Are we heading home together today?" Takei asked Eiji.

"Nah, I got some stuff to take care of first. You go on ahead of me," Eiji answered.

After Eiji left to take care of his stuff, Takei also prepared to leave.

Exiting the classroom, he made it all the way to the first floor before he could hear a male's voice saying something quite interesting.

"I really like you! So, will you get out with me?" The boy confessed.

Takei quickly hid behind a pillar as he heard the boy's confession. "Oh crap. What an awkward situation..."

Peering out past the pillar, Takei realized that the girl that was being confessed to was the new girl, Akari Akazawa.

"I'm sorry, I don't like you," Akari nonchalantly said, monotonously.

You idiot! He's going to get mad now since you rejected him in such a brutal way!

Takei had heard the rumors of the aloof goddess who was always in monotone and who always spoke quite bluntly.

It seemed that Takei's guess was correct since the boy's face was turning red from anger and embarrassment.

"Oi, you bitch! Why do you think you're so much better than all of us?" He yelled. "You need to learn your place!"

The boy menacingly stood over Akari and tightly grabbed her wrist.

As seen by Akari's pained expression, the boy must've put in a lot of force into his grip.

This is getting real bad...

Takei didn't want to intervene in a serious situation like this that was sure to bring a lot of trouble, but he couldn't handle seeing a girl get hurt.

"Hey, you. I think she's getting hurt by that. Mind letting go of her?" Takei brazenly asked.

Stepping out past the pillar and now walking towards them in the courtyard, Takei threw away all pretenses and glared at the boy.

The boy glanced back at his hand grabbing Akari's wrist and her pained expression and immediately released his hand once he realized what he was doing.

"I-I'm sorry!!!" The boy yelled before he ran away.

Now that it was just Takei and Akari alone in the courtyard, he felt that it was a little bit awkward.

"Are you okay?" Takei asked.

"Yes," Akari bluntly replied, while rubbing her wrist.

"Is that so..." Takei glanced at her. "Well, I'll be on my way then."

Takei got ready to leave, but he felt the hem of his shirt being tugged.

"Wait," Akari said.

Turning around to face her, Takei was confused as to what she needed. "Hm?"

"Thank you," Akari said, albeit this time with a hint of a smile on her face.

Even though Takei could barely see it, he could tell that the edges of Akari's lips were slightly upturned.

"So, you really can smile, huh?" Takei chuckled.

Seeing such a beautiful smile from Akari inadvertently made him forget his nervousness and converse with her normally.

Since he usually saw her aloof and icy side, there was no way that Takei could've predicted that the ice goddess would've been able to smile so beautifully.

As abruptly as it had showed up, the smile abruptly disappeared and was replaced with Akari's usual expressionless face.

A fleeting smile... How poetic.

"How rude, of course I can smile," Akari responded.

"Sorry princess, didn't mean to offend you or anything," Takei said, with both hands in the air as he backed off.

Akari shook her head. "No offense taken."

"Just a heads-up though, maybe don't reject people that harshly if you don't want to get hurt," Takei suggested. "It's already hard enough being rejected, but now you're just pouring salt over the wound with how bluntly you're responding."

"..." Akari was speechless.

Takei sighed at how dense the girl was.

He now realized that she didn't have a superiority complex above everyone else, just that she didn't know better.

"That's all I want to say for now," Takei waved. "See you later, ice goddess."

"Idiot..." Akari murmured.

Takei heard her first murmur that was directed towards him and laughed in response.

However, he wasn't able to hear the rest of what she was saying.

"...Thank you for helping me..."

I love the different versions of our heroine!

Sugar-chan: Collect them all!

Serious-san: Unlimited type of deres!

16