Chapter 163 – Reverse Trope
561 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The word "overboard" can mean many different things to different people, but there are some times where everyone's definition of the word is the same.

"Ahaha, I think this is a little too much..." Akari awkwardly laughed.

Inside the arcade, there was a plethora of stuffed animals and dolls that were spilling out of the bag that Takei was carrying.

He had nearly cleared out the entire claw machine while trying to get Akari a few stuffed animals.

"I'm sorry, I went a little bit overboard after the first couple ones..." Takei apologized.

The bag he was carrying ended up holding somewhere close to 25 stuffed animals, although the number wasn't accurate since there were too many to count.

"It's okay," Akari smiled. "I know you were just trying your best for me. Let's go to my house and drop these off before I make dinner."

It was starting to get a bit dark after they had spent so much time in the arcade after school, so they decided to responsibly go home and prepare dinner.

They held hands as the both of them walked side-by-side on the way home, but Takei's hands were getting a bit sweaty.

I know this is really dumb, but I'm nervous to go over to her room again... I've been over to her room a couple times, but my heart always almost explodes every time. It's not my fault that everywhere in her room smells like Akari!

Even though they've been a fully-fledged couple for a while, the both of them were still as innocent as ever.

If any of their friends saw this, they'd be saying something along the lines of, "Do the deed already!"

After the short walk home, they finally arrived at Akari house.

Unlocking the door, Akari motioned towards her room. "My parents aren't home right now so you don't have to worry about anything. I'll be cooking dinner in the kitchen, so please wait in my room patiently."

"Are you sure you don't need any help?" Takei asked. "I feel bad for making you cook everything."

Akari shook her head and gently ruffled Takei's hair. "I like cooking for you, so don't get in the way of my housewife practice."

When Akari mentioned housewife practice, Takei instantly understood what she meant. "Ah, I'll go wait patiently in your room then."

"Mm, I'll make something delicious for you!" Akari proudly stated.

With their roles decided, Takei went upstairs and sheepishly opened the door to Akari's room. "Pardon me..."

Once again entering her room, Takei was greeted with a girlish room that was filled with stuffed animals and dolls.

There was a desk with pillows as seats in the middle of her room, so he sat down on a pillow after placing the bag of stuffed animals next to her bed.

There would be a considerable amount of time until dinner would be finished, so Takei needed to find something to do in the meantime.

"Hmm... What to do? Ah..." Takei noticed something. "That's a lot of pictures of me. Can't say that I'm not happy though."

In the corner of the room, Akari had a small area that had a bunch of pictures of Takei and a collection of the things he had given to her during the duration of their relationship.

Necklaces, bracelets, toys, little insignificant things, and many more gifts of his were enshrined in this small corner.

I feel really happy to know that she has a shrine dedicated to me, but the logical side of me is questioning her sanity a bit...

After he had finished inspecting the shrine, the devil on his shoulder whispered something into his ear.

Why don't you look if she has a naughty magazines? You can get some information about what kind of things she likes. Doesn't that sound neat?

I can't, there's no way I can betray her trust towards me like that!

It's not really betraying her trust if you think about yourself as a curious boyfriend trying to please his cute girlfriend. She won't mind since you're her lover.

No way. That sounds like something a creep with no moral compass would do! I refuse to do something like that.

Even if you discover something that you could do to make her really happy?

...No...

Are you sure?

God damn it, fine! I yield!

After that short internal argument, Takei resolved himself to find some possibly hidden naughty stuff that Akari could be hiding.

The first place he chose to inspect was under the bed, which surprisingly had a single magazine hidden under there.

Takei didn't think that Akari would hide something in such an obvious spot, but he realized that she probably didn't intend to invite anyone over.

"Let's see what's in here..."

Opening the magazine, Takei's eyes went wide when he saw the contents of the magazine.

"So this is the stuff she likes... Interesting," he mumbled.

There were a lot of different things that were depicted in the magazine, but there was a single unifying theme.

With his newly gained knowledge, Takei was ready to make Akari's heart explode. "There's still some time left before she finishes cooking, so let's get it done before then."

Takei quietly left the room and began to prepare a big surprise for his beloved Akari.

Go Explode! Idiot Couple Meter: 40 -> 43%

A twist on the "girl investigates boy's room for naughty stuff" trope.

Sugar-chan: Do you have anything naughty in your room?

Serious-san: ...No.

Sugar-chan: What's up with the pause?!

14