Chapter 165 – Overprotectiveness
559 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait wait wait, please explain again. I don't think I'm quite following," Takei said.

"I'm bringing a friend over after school today," Airi once again explained. "What is there that you don't get?"

Takei scrunched his face. "A girl?"

"A boy," Airi replied.

"..." Even though no words came out of Takei's mouth, he seemed less than amused that she was bringing a boy over.

"This is worse than I thought..." Takei rubbed his temples. "I'm gonna need Akari's help with this."

Takei was a bit of an overprotective brother, for better or worse.

This was the first time Airi was bringing over a boy to the house, which meant that his vigilance should be at an all-time high.

There was a good chance that they had romantic feelings for each other, but Takei couldn't yet trust his sister to an unknown guy that he hadn't even met yet.

"Bring him over then, I'll see with my own eyes if he's worthy or not," Takei stated.

"I'm just bringing him over?! Nothing

inappropriate is gonna happen, you dumb brother!" Airi yelled, as she ran out the house.

School was starting soon, which left Takei not that much time to formulate a good plan.

"Time to ask the goddess for help."

***

"That's basically the gist of the situation, anything you don't understand?"

"I think I understand a little too well... You're a real bonafide sister lover..."

Takei explained the situation to Akari as they walked home from school.

He had expected her to side with him, but she was acting as if he was in the wrong.

"I know that you love your sister and want to protect her, but she's her own person. Airi's a young girl who's in her prime school years. You don't think she wouldn't be interested in a guy or two?" Akari gently explained to Takei, in hopes that she would be able to get through to him.

"I get it, I really do. However, I can't help but be worried," Takei sighed. "With my parents overseas, I'm the man of the house now. I gotta keep all the bad guys away from Airi in place of my dad."

Ever since his parents left to go overseas, Takei had felt the increasing pressure to be more responsible about things concerning his household and family.

There was no way he would let a bad guy get close to Airi.

"You don't need to carry this burden alone, I'll be here right by your side," Akari grasped his hand. "Let's interrogate him together."

"Mhm, okay." Takei nodded and firmly gripped Akari's hand back.

Once they got back to Takei's house, the couple did some light cleaning and preparing before the guest of honor arrived.

Approximately half an hour after they got home, the doorbell rang.

Airi obviously had a key to the house, but Takei had instructed her to ring the doorbell so him and Akari could greet her friend in a more polite manner.

"Showtime."

"Yup, let's greet them amiably."

Takei and Akari slowly turned the doorknob and opened the door to two people patiently waiting outside.

"You even roped Akari into this?!" Airi yelled, dumfounded. "Hey bro... Really?"

At this point, Airi was more exasperated and tired than anything else.

"Ahaha, am I welcome here?"

The person who was shyly asking was none other than Mahiro Yunoki, the boy that Airi brought home from school.

"Yes, you are welcome here," Takei stiffly answered. "I'm Airi's older brother, Takei Tanaka. It's a pleasure to finally meet you."

There was an aura of displeasure emanating from Takei the whole time that he was talking, which immediately put Mahiro in a frantic state.

"A-ah yeah... It's nice to meet you as well! My name is Mahiro Yunoki and I'm Airi's classmate from school."

Even with his nerves on fire, Mahiro managed to introduce himself without much problem.

"As for me, I'm Takei's soon-to-be bride. Akari Akazawa is the name!" Akari cheerfully stated.

Once introductions were done, everyone moved to the living room to sit down and chat.

Akari brought out four cups of iced tea, distributed the cups, and sat down next to Takei.

"Let's get right to the point... What are your ulterior motives with my sister?" Takei accused him.

"W-Wha... An interrogation right off the bat?! I think my brother actually lost it..." Airi complained.

Akari was just observing the situation with a gentle smile on her face, so that left Mahiro in the spotlight.

From what Airi told me, her brother is seriously overprotective with her. I can tell that from our short interactions so far, but I didn't know it was to this extent. Even his girlfriend is sitting there completely unfazed to his antics... I need to do my best and give a good answer that'll please him!

Placing his left hand over his chest, Mahiro squeezed his hand into a ball and resolutely looked at Takei.

"I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have any ulterior motives... However, I do have one motive that's stronger than all the others," Mahiro stated. "I wish to keep that beautiful smile on Airi's face and cherish her accordingly!"

"W-Wha... what are you saying..." Airi struggled to talk due to the growing embarrassment within her.

The two were slipping into their own world, reminiscent of another idiot couple.

"What do you think?" Akari whispered to Takei.

"I don't fully trust him yet, but you can't fake that level of genuineness," Takei explained. "He definitely loves and cherishes her from the bottom of his heart."

"Mhm, I agree. That boy definitely loves her," Akari nodded.

I'll question him further, but I have a good feeling about this guy.

Maybe it's time to welcome another person into the family?

Go Explode! Idiot Couple Meter: 48 -> 53%

If you didn't know already, Takei is a bit of a siscon

Serious-san: Eh?

Sugar-chan: What a surprise! (not)

12