Chapter 168 – Commentary
525 8 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey there everyone, it's your favorite student council president!

"Who? Are you that certain president who is in a battle of love and wits with their vice-president?"

No, of course not! For a mysterious and inconspicuous voice, you sure are naive and dumb.

"Look at the mirror dummy. That's the real idiot right there."

Oh, okay. Wait, that's me?!

"Bahahaha, you actually fell for it! This is unreal!"

I'm really angry right now, but we need to move on.

I, Aurora Shirogane, am the famed student council president of Shirakawa High.

"The infamous high school where the goddess goes to?"

Precisely, I'm surprised you hit it right on the mark.

"Well, I did write- hear about her from some friends of mine that go to that high school."

What was that thing about writing?

"I misspoke. I'm not sure why I said that. I'm totally not the author of this story or anything..."

Yeah, that's right... Anyhow, let's take a look at what the idiot couple is up to this morning.

"Sounds good to me."

Alright, it's the first thing in the morning. The time is barely past seven and Takei is still sleeping. Akari had already woken up, gotten dressed, and headed to his house. Now, let's observe what unfolds.

"Hee hee, you look so cute when you're sleeping," Akari giggled, as she played with Takei's hair. "Your sleeping expression is the thing that gives me enough energy to go through the day."

Oh, well isn't that nice? One of them isn't even awake yet and they're already flirting?! I haven't even had my first kiss yet, grr...

"Y'know, I'm bitter as well. We lonely people just need to suck it up."

Haaah... It's a rough life out here for us. Ah, it looks like Takei finally woke up. He definitely shouldn't have stayed up late last night, there's actual black rings around his eyes!

"Akari? Is that you?" Takei groggily asked.

Akari nodded in response. "Morning, sleepyhead. Stayed up late again?"

"Mhm, I was preparing this for you," Takei said, as he whipped out a beautiful red origami rose. "It took me a while to make since I'm hopeless at origami, but I hope you like it."

"You stayed up to make something like this for me?" Akari asked, with a twinkle in her eyes.

Takei sheepishly grinned and awkwardly scratched his head. "Ah, I wanted to see a big smile on your face first thing in the morning

Making sure not to damage the origami rose, Akari leaped into Takei's embrace and began to snuggle with him. "Takei... You... are the best boyfriend ever!" Akari yelled, in sheer happiness.

Urgh, I think I'm gonna throw up. I severely underestimated how much sugar they were going to output in the morning.

"Pfft, you should look at your face! Aurora, the only thing there is a bitter expression... bahahaha!"

What are you laughing at?! You're in the same boat as me!

"Even so, your facial reactions are golden."

Haaah... what an annoying author.

"I never said I was an author?"

Nevermind that, I just got side-tracked for a moment.

It seemed that early morning flirting was too deadly for my body.

The big thing that surprised me was how long it took Takei to make that small origami rose.

Isn't origami just folding paper in certain ways to get a specific end product?

"Take that back right now."

Eh?

"You've disgraced the entire art of origami, you idiot! Do you not understand the true beauty behind those paper folds? Paper may be something that is malleable, but it is something that breaks easily. That's why the beauty of origami should be seen as such! An art piece that is beautiful and fragile at the same time is the true essence of origami! Those artists that manage to craft such beautiful artworks out of just everyday paper, you've insulted them all! Apologize to them right away!"

Okay, okay! I'm sorry! I understand! I'm sorry for my naivety. I apologize to all origami artists out there!

"Hmph, it's fine if you understand."

Phew... Let's return back to the idiot couple now. Looks like they're in the middle of class right now. Wait, could it be? The infamous flirting during the middle of class trope?

"The teacher is busy lecturing in front with his back turned towards the class, so it's the perfect opportunity for them. Let's see it in action!"

Since they sit side-by-side, there's an occasional glance between the two!

When Takei gets bored of the lesson, he'll occasionally turn to his right and stare at Akari for fun.

On the flip side, Akari likes to take mental breaks in-between topics by gushing over how handsome Takei is.

Usually, they would never notice the other person looking at them, but today was different.

Today marks the first day that their eyes will meet!

"Yahoo! This is a joyous celebration!"

Oi, pipe down! It's about to start!

"Sorry sorry."

Unsurprisingly, Takei got bored of the lecture and turned towards Akari to stare at her.

It just so happened the teacher was about to switch topics at the same time, which resulted in Akari turning towards Takei to take her mental break.

Their eyes met and the result was...

"What is it?" Akari whispered.

"Sorry, you looked really cute today. You had me entranced," Takei whispered back.

"!" Akari nearly jumped out of her chair from the embarrassment that was a result of Takei's studness.

The familiar crimson color returned to Akari's face and made it evident that she was incredibly embarrassed.

Although, there was also a lazy smile since she really enjoyed Takei's compliment.

"Hey hey, Aurora... Are you okay? You're not looking so good right there?"

These people... are insane. They're flirting in the middle of class?! How much bolder can they get?

"A lot bolder probably, don't underestimate these two or you'll surely regret it."

Okay, I'll try to remember that. What's next?

"Let's see... flirting, more flirting, flirting during lunch, flirting while walking home, flirting while at home, flirting at dinner, and... I don't need to continue, do I?"

Ah, hey... Why is everything spinning?

"Oi, you okay?!"

Goodbye, cruel world...

"There she goes... Fainted right on the spot. Looks like we don't have a show host for the time being until she wakes up..."

Dkfkgidkwoosjdndnekwpspflf!

"She's even mumbling something incomprehensible in her sleep... Well anyways, I hope everyone enjoyed our commentary on the idiot couple so far. Let's hope our host wakes up soon so we can once again continue the commentary. Until then, stay safe and have a good day!"

Go Explode! Idiot Couple Meter: 60 -> 65%

This is a gag chapter by the way. The student council president doesn't have omnipotent powers in this story.

Serious-san: I feel like a lot of other series let the student council have too much power.

Sugar-chan: Yep, it makes no sense when they're able to influence the entire country through their influences and connections

Author-san: Anime logic, am I right?

A/N: Next two chapters are pretty cool in my opinion. Stay tuned. Hint: Future.

9