Chapter 171 – Representatives
473 7 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first month of the school year was finally over with the month now being May.

Takei thought the school year was moving a bit too fast, but there was nothing he could do to stop time from moving.

Just as he was thinking about this while walking to school with Akari, his homeroom teacher popped up from behind the entrance gate.

"Can I speak to you two real quick before class starts?"

Their homeroom teacher was a kind-hearted and gentle old man, so there was no way they could refuse him.

"Yeah, sure. You okay with this, Akari?"

"Mhm, let's go."

The both of them were led to the teachers' office where all the teachers had assigned desks and cubicles.

Once their homeroom teacher sat down at his desk, he grabbed a couple sheets of paper and distributed it to Takei and Akari.

"These are the field trip papers for our upcoming camping field trip that will happen. Since you two are the class representatives, I was hoping you could take care of handing these out so I can focus on grading."

Glancing over the documents, Takei noticed that they were all just permission slip forms with a general outline of what the camping trip would look like.

"We can handle this for you, teach. No problemo," Akari nodded.

"Ahaha, thank you very much," he replied. "Just make sure you sort everyone into groups of 6-8 people for the group activities that we'll be doing."

That sounds simple enough, nothing too hard. Hopefully there aren't any complications...

"Roger that sir. We'll do our best," Takei jokingly saluted.

After the talk concluded, it was almost time for the homeroom period to start.

By the time Takei and Akari finish walking back to the classroom, the time would be exactly the time that homeroom starts.

"Haaah... I feel like I got dragged into something complicated just because I was the class representative," Takei sighed.

"At least you'll be able to do it with me, right?" Akari asked him with big puppy eyes. "Your sweet, adorable, and cute girlfriend is looking forward to spending time with you!"

"Yes yes yes, that's true. Wait... When did you become a narcissist?"

"Just now. Teehee~"

"Don't teehee me..." Takei sighed once again.

The two finished their banter as they entered the classroom.

A majority of the students seemed to be confused as to where the teacher was, since he usually showed up early and prepared stuff on his podium.

That confusion was to be expected since two of their classmates had just come in and stood behind the podium like the teacher always did.

Since Akari's forte was public speaking, Takei decided to let her do the talking.

"Alright everyone, the teacher told us class representatives to take care of homeroom today so he could focus on grading assignments," Akari explained.

Due to her strong and persuasive tone, everyone agreed with her as if she was reciting words from god.

"He told us to hand out these permission slip forms for next week's camping field trip. We'll start distributing them out right now, so make sure you get it signed within three days."

Akari handed Takei the stack of papers and he began to distribute them out to his classmates as instructed.

When Akari mentioned a camping trip that was going to happen next week, the noise levels in the class skyrocketed.

"Ooh ooh! I can't wait to sleep out in the wilderness with everyone!"

"Let's have a confession event at the large campfire site!"

"We definitely need to sneak into the girl's sleeping lounge!"

Ignoring the last statement, Takei could understand why everyone was getting excited.

It wasn't often that an overnight weekend camping trip is able to happen, not to mention with your classmates nonetheless.

"Please make sure to form groups of 6-8 people for the group activities that are going to happen," Akari reminded everyone.

Back in middle school and his first year of high school, Takei didn't have many friends at all.

He struggled with forming groups for group projects and field trips because no one wanted to be in a group with a gloomy guy like him.

The thought of being alone didn't really depress him, it was the thought of being rejected and shunned from others.

Although, he could see why no one tried to invite him since the past him was a bit hard to approach.

Luckily for Takei, he wouldn't have to worry about being alone anymore.

"Same as usual?" Rikka asked.

"Let's do it!" Ryuto interjected.

"Fine," Eiji muttered.

"Yay~ I get to be with Akarin and Takeichi!" Helena happily cheered.

"I-I'm ready to have fun on this field trip!" Arisa stammered.

Takei's group of seven friends was more than enough to keep him content during the overnight camping trip.

Now, the only thing he hoped for was a peaceful field trip that was uneventful without any problems.

As if, right?

Go Explode! Idiot Couple Meter: 75 -> 78%

Woohoo, overnight camping trip!

Sugar-chan: Shall we go too?

Serious-san: You know we can't break the fourth wall like that

Sugar-chan: Mou... you're too serious

Serious-san: That's literally my name

9