Chapter 187 – Greeting the Guests
327 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At long last, the day of the big party has finally arrived.

Due to the efforts of everyone involved with the planning of the big extravaganza, everything was good to go on the day of the event.

All of the invites were sent out beforehand and all of the guests attending were scheduled to arrive at 5 p.m.

"Mou... you look really handsome in your dress clothes. Please try not to flirt with or seduce any girls, okay?"

"Who do you take me for, a playboy?!"

Takei had just finished getting dressed in his special attire and was asking Akari for any last minute tips or suggestions.

After intensive scrutiny, Takei had decided to go with a charcoal-gray blazer and pants. For the shirt underneath, he decided to go with a clean white collared-shirt. As for his tie, he went with a pure black tie after contemplating choosing a red one.

"Your hair looks very good if you put time and effort into styling it. You should really consider styling your hair more," Akari insisted. "Actually, I don't know about that after thinking it through thoroughly..."

"Why?" Takei asked, confused.

"My heart wouldn't be able to take it," Akari replied, completely serious.

To match with Takei, Akari was also wearing a similarly colored dress that made it look like they were two peas in a pod.

"Your heart wouldn't be able to take it?" Takei asked, dumbfounded. "My heart can barely keep itself composed after seeing you dressed up so beautifully."

"Oh you..." Akari nudged her head against Takei's chest, careful not to mess up her makeup or hair.

The reason for their special attire was because they were essentially the hosts for this event. Including Akari, the entire Tanaka family was wearing fine clothing to celebrate the grand event. All the other guests were instructed to wear casual clothes to ensure the event would stay something fun and light-hearted.

As they were in the middle of flirting, the sound of cars pulling up and engine stopping could be heard from the front of the house.

All guests were instructed to enter through the gate on the side so that they could access the venue which was the backyard of Takei's house.

"Looks like the first wave of people are here," Takei mentioned.

They quickly stopped the flirting and ended the lovey-dovey atmosphere so that they could greet the guests that were coming.

As Takei and Akari stood near the gates to welcome the guests, the first wave of guests walked in and introduced themselves.

"Long time no see, son-in-law."

"Hi, Akari! We showed up a bit early if that's okay."

Both of Akari's parents, Haruto and Yuriko, were here to celebrate the joyous occasion of the anniversary of their new partner-in-crimes.

"Eh? Dad and Mom could've arrived much later? Maybe even a few hours later?" Akari dryly said.

"Honey, I think our daughter is in her rebellious stage."

"Dear, I think you're completely right. Next thing you know, she's gonna be knocked up by her delinquent boyfriend!"

"Said delinquent boyfriend is standing right here, y'know?"

All four of them looked at each other and then bursted into laughter uncontrollably after they finished their little comedy skit.

"Your seats are going to be over there," Akari pointed to two specific seats. "Thank you for coming, it means a lot to me."

Yuriko brightly smiled at her as lightly patted Akari's back. "Of course we would come, you put a lot of effort into this."

Akari's parents went to their seats as instructed, but there was already another wave of visitors entering through the gate.

"Hello, welco-?!"

Takei was unable to finish his sentence due to him seeing the people standing in front of them.

"Hey kiddo, you look surprised. Did you really think we wouldn't show up?"

"We threw everything aside to come here!"

Takei's grandparents, Akihiko and Ayame, were standing there with excited smiles on their faces.

"I-It was far, wasn't it? Are you two okay? Old age is no joke!" Takei scolded them.

Airi and Takei's dad were the ones that worked on the invites, so Takei didn't know who they invited at all.

"Old age? Ouch. We're your grandparents, but we're not that old," Akihiko chuckled.

"I'm still a youthful maiden-in-love! Just because I have kids and grandkids doesn't mean that I'm old!" Ayame vehemently protested.

Akari giggled when she heard Ayame's reasoning. "That exactly means that you're old."

"Why you..."

"Fueh?! I-I'm showwy!" Akari tried to speak as her cheeks were being played with by Ayame.

Takei's grandparents went to go sit down next to Akari's parents.

"Where are my parents?" Takei grumbled. "They're sure taking their time..."

Even though some of the guests had already arrived, Takei's parents had yet to come out and greet them.

"Knowing your parents, they're probably waiting for everyone to come first and then plan to reveal themselves afterwards as a grand entrance," Akari hypothesized.

That's definitely what they're doing, isn't it?

Takei internally sighed due to how dramatic his parents were, but there wasn't much time to rest because the next wave of guests were here.

"I hope we're not late to the party..." Rikka said.

Another lively girl by the name of Helena was next to her. "Takeichi! Akarin! We're here!"

"H-Helena, you're being a bit loud..." Arisa chided her.

As the girls walked in, Takei noticed that there were two guys behind them as well.

"I almost cried tears of joy when I received the invitation. I thought it was my best friend's wedding," Eiji sighed.

"If it really was Takei and Akari's wedding, I think it would probably be in a more grandeur location. Maybe a royal castle?" Ryuto proposed.

I'm going to ignore what I just heard.

Takei walked up to his friends that had just entered the venue and greeted them. "Thanks for coming everyone. It really means a lot to us."

"Yeah! We worked really hard on this event, so please enjoy the food and entertainment to your heart's content!" Akari excitedly told them.

There was still a decent amount of guests yet to come, which was reasonable since it wasn't even the appointed time yet.

It would definitely take a long time for Takei and Akari to greet every guest that came through the gate, but it was definitely going to be worth it in the end.

Both of them swore to make this event a successful and fun outing, and that was exactly what they were going to do.

Supreme Idiot Couple Meter: 17 -> 22%

I was going to put more cameos, but I decided to save that for a certain later arc. Now that everyone is here, let the extravaganza finally begin!

Serious-san: Where do we sit?

Takei: It'll be over there next to the bouncy house.

Sugar-chan: Thank you~

4