[AFTER] Chapter 228 – Cat maids are just simply the best!
369 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Skyclear Complex.

An apartment complex that sits right next to a university. This meant the rent was astronomically high since it was a short walking distance to the university.

All of the apartments in this complex were in constant high demand. It was incredibly hard to get an apartment in this highly sought-after building, but it wasn't impossible.

"Home sweet home."

Takei stated ever so proudly as he entered his apartment that was located in the Skyclear Complex.

"You're really proud of this, aren't you?"

Following him from behind, Akari giggled at how childish Takei was being.

Not too long ago, Takei managed to snatch this apartment from an upperclassman that he was friends with. Since the upperclassman was graduating from college, he didn't need this apartment any more.

Due to them being friends and staying in touch, Takei managed to get this apartment before anyone else could.

"Of course I'm proud of this apartment, it's big enough for the two of us to live lavishly!"

This apartment was a four bedroom and two bathroom type of apartment, which meant they had a lot of space to work with since it was only the two of them living here. The thought of potentially having roommates never crossed Takei's mind because he knew it would impede on his time with Akari.

"Haruno and Eiji said they would be over in about half an hour, so I'll go get dinner started."

Akari reminded Takei about the small party they were planning to throw in about half an hour.

"I remember~ There's no way I could forget since we were just talking about it."

"Remember that time you forgot to take the pie out of the oven after we had an hour-long conversation about which pie was best?"

"...I stand corrected."

Since they had just finished unpacking everything not too long ago, Takei and Akari both wanted to host a small welcoming party. Unfortunately, most of their friends were either busy or not in the state, so they couldn't make it.

Haruno and Eiji both went to the same university they did, so they were luckily able to make it.

"I'll get started with washing the vegetables and cutting them up."

"Thank you very much~"

Takei opened up the music app on his phone and clicked play to a song with smooth jazz. After washing the vegetables, he then began to cut the vegetables to the rhythm of the song.

Similarly, Akari was getting all up in the rhythm of the song as well. At the tune of every beat, she was masterfully perfecting her craft to its utmost limits.

After about 25 minutes had passed, they finished cooking the dinner for the four of them to enjoy.

"Meat stew!"

A beautifully seasoned and refined meat stew was expertly portioned and placed into bowls by none other than the master chef's assistant himself, Takei Tanaka!

Now, all they had to do was wait for the guests to arrive.

"My dear princess, would you like to relax and cuddle on the couch with me?"

"If my one and only prince is asking me, then I guess I have no other choice~"

Takei hopped on the couch and Akari quickly skipped over and plopped down right next to him.

"Daily cuddle session is a go!"

Starting from the beginning of college, the idiot couple had managed to think of an idea that only idiot couples could think of.

Daily cuddle sessions were about a minimum of five minute long sessions where they do nothing but cuddle and enjoy each other's warmth. The minimum is supposed to be five minutes, but they typically did it for way longer.

"Mmm, you're so cute and fluffy today."

Takei was rubbing his cheek with Akari's and felt the familiar marshmallow-like softness that he felt everyday.

"Ehehe, your stubble is tickling me!"

Akari giggled as Takei's stubble tickled her cheek.

Although he typically did shave pretty often, Takei had completely forgotten due to studying for his midterms. He was planning to do it tonight, but cuddles came first before everything.

"I'll shave tonight, so say goodbye to it while you can."

"Yay~ I missed feeling your soft cheeks!"

As they were busy cuddling with each other, the doorbell rang quite loudly and alerted them to the arrival of the guests.

"Aww, they interrupted us at a good time," Akari pouted as she glanced at the door.

Takei chuckled and patted her back. "We can continue later."

They got up from the coach and walked over to the entrance to greet their friends who had arrived.

Opening the door revealed something neither of them had expected.

"I just loved it when the main protagonist confessed to Minami and eloped with her!"

"That moment was good, but the prince coming to stop the wedding was a way more memorable moment."

"No, no, no. The uprising arc was way better!"

Even though they had never met before, Eiji and Haruno were having a heated discussion about a weekly manga series. It seemed they met up and started talking while waiting for Takei to open the door.

"Should we interrupt their argument?"

Takei wasn't sure if he should say anything or not since the argument was getting quite heated. A battle between otakus was not something he wanted to get involved in.

"Don't worry, I have an idea!"

Akari turned around and headed towards her room. Some shuffling noises could be heard as Akari scoured her closet for the item that could stop the massacre from happening.

"Found it!"

Akari seemed to have found the thing she was looking for. Takei wanted to find out what she was doing, but his gut was telling him to wait for the surprise.

Approximately five minutes later, Akari returned.

"Nyaaa~ Neko Maid is here to save the day!"

Cat maids were a very popular cosplay that all otakus loved, so Akari decided to be the mediator for the two of them. The cosplay was from a while ago when Takei was really into cat maids, so it hadn't been used in a while.

"Oh my god, it's Neko Maid in the flesh!"

"What the f*ck?! She jumped out of the screen to meet us here! We're the chosen ones!"

As expected, Haruno and Eiji began to worship Akari in the cat maid cosplay as if she were a goddess.

These two are idiots, but Akari sure is cute.

Even Takei wasn't able to resist the charms of the cat maid cosplay. Little by little, he could feel his self-restraint slipping away until...

"Nyaaa!"

Takei grabbed Akari's cat ears and began to lovingly stroke them.

Eh? Takei's being so lovey-dovey today for some reason. It's making me melt...

Akari tried her best to hide her embarrassment from having her cat ears played with, but she secretly enjoyed it.

"Neko Maid, can I get your signature? Please?!"

"Me too! I'll do anything for your signature!"

"Ahhh, so fluffy."

Before anyone realized it, tonight's dinner had changed into a Neko Maid meet-and-greet before their very eyes.

Can I order one cat maid please?

Serious-san: What type of shipping?

Author-san: Express

Sugar-chan: She'll be here overnight~

Author-san: Woooooooooooooooo!

6