Another first mission
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Noelle and Asta walked back up to the main hall from the beast cages. Sweaty, covered in bite marks, tired and almost floating as the smell of dinner wafted through the building. The light of the moon shone through the windows, Asta looking to his right and catching a glimpse of Noelle in the moonlight. His face blushing as he stared for a moment, Noelle noticing and turning to face him.

"What's wrong Dorksta?" She said, pinching his arm a little as she hugged it. Asta still looking up at her, the moonlight reflecting in her hair. "H-hey don't zone out Asta," she said touching his forehead. "You didn't bang your head in the cage, did you?"

"No I'm fine," Asta said, blushing as Noelle touched his head, "Your hair just looked nice."

Noelle blushed and yanked him forward toward the dining hall. "You really are an idiot; you know that Dorksta?"

"I may be an idiot, but I'm still going to be the Wizard King!" Asta said, flexing his muscles, getting Noelle to laugh.

"Now there's something you haven't said in a week. What happens to all that energy?" Still walking forward, pulling Asta behind her.

"No Idea!" he said, his pace catching up with Noelle's. "I guess I haven't been thinking about it."

Noelle stopped dead in her tracks, her hand once again going to Asta's forehead. "Are you sure you're okay? Ever since we met that's all I've heard you yell about."

"I'm fine Noelle," Asta said, blushing as she felt his face again. " I've just been thinking about other things."

Noelle took a deep breath, "Like... us?" she said, moving her hands away and looking directly at Asta, a warm smile on her face.

"Yeah!" he said, taking hold of her hands. "I'll become the wizard king, and we'll be married!" Both of them blushing at the thought of marriage.

"What if I want to get married before that?" Noelle whispered, barely loud enough for Asta to hear.

"Huh?"

"I-I said, what if I want to get married before that Asta," Noelle said, her face completely red, stopping just outside of the door to the main hall. "I-I mean not right away but! Maybe we should think about sooner."

Asta's face was red; he took a deep breath "Okay!" he said, hugging her. "We'll figure something out!"

Noelle smiled and kissed his forehead, "Let's get some dinner Dorksta." Walking through the door ahead of him, hearing the chaos of dinner time with Asta following her after a moment. Inside they were both greeted with a massive amount of food, all potato based. Everyone who wasn't distracted with eating waved at them, with Asta cheering at the site.

"Tatoes!" he cheered, running forward, and piling things onto his plate.

"Yup!" Charmy said between mouthfuls of food, "right from Hage village; The Captain wanted them."

Noelle's eyes widened, she remembered the last time the Captain ate tatoes and accepted her fate, getting her dinner and eating it. The flakiness and bitterness of the tatoes making her down far more water than she usually drank. She eyed Asta, busy stuffing his face with tatoes, the taste and texture not bothering him at all. Everyone else was attempting to enjoy their dinner. Magna submerging the food in melted butter, Luck stealing said butter, and everyone else has their methods of dealing with the tatoes. As her eyes scanned the room, she focused on Captain Yami; he was staring directly at her, grimacing as he put more tatoes in his mouth.

She shuddered and got Asta's attention, "I, think we're still in for some more punishment." she whispered, pointing at the Captain who's grimace was growing. Asta looked over, and his mood fell alongside Noelle. They both winced when they saw Finral warp Yami to the toilet emergency style. Everyone looked at them solemnly, like they were marching to a place they would return from forever damaged. Several hours later Yami returned, and with just a look, Asta and Noelle marched off to meet their punishment.

The next morning, Asta and Noelle were eating breakfast, desperately trying to not think about the horrors they faced last night as well as waiting for an assignment Yami had promised them. While they waited, Noelle helped Asta work on his writing, working through a few sheets of paper as he worked on spelling letters neatly. Eventually, Yami came in and grabbed them and Magna.

"All right you three," He said, yawning, "We've gotten a report of missing people on some roads, you three are going to go find them. Be careful; we have no idea if the Eye of the Midnight Sun is involved or not outside of some rumours. "

"We'll get them back sir!" Magna said, standing up and giving an enthusiastic salute. Running to get his broomstick with Noelle and Asta right behind him.

"It's on the Eastern roads you dumbasses!" he yelled before they could get out of earshot.

Outside, Magna was setting up his broom to travel, as he was getting ready Noelle coughed.

"We need to talk, all three of us," she said, her voice serious.

"Sure about what?" Magna said, doing a quick check to make sure his broom was in excellent condition.

"Yeah, Noelle what's up?" Asta said, looking at her.

"I was thinking about how to do this but," Noelle said sighing, "We all need to pretend Asta and I are not dating on missions."

Both of the boys stared at her, thinking for a moment as they both nodded.

"Yeah," Magna said, "Especially if it's those white eye bastards, cant give them anything to use against us."

"Sounds like a good idea Noelle!" Asta said, "but, how do we do that?"

"A-Asta we just have to not, Magna stop laughing!" Noelle said, Magna, failing to stifle his laughter. "we can't kiss or call each other darling and things like that."

"Got it!" Asta said, blushing a little before quickly planting a kiss on Noelle's cheek, with her kissing him in return.

"Let's get a move on you jerks!" Magna said, already sitting on his broom, with them nodding and climbing onto the broomstick.

They flew off to the east, Magna staying low enough so they could see the ground, Asta and Noelle both observing the roads for anything unusual. The group, unable to see anything unusual, touched down on the side of the main eastern road. Magna hopped off the broom and started looking around. The other two following his lead and looking around in different directions. Magna was running off further down the road, Noelle looking in the other direction, both of them leaving Asta in between them to search. He walked into the nearby trees, hoping something in there would help their search.

Magna was getting irritated; he was hoping to find something quick to stick it to the White Night Eye cult. Maybe find out something about their plans and get back in time to eat the pudding he had stashed away before Luck could find it. An hour passed, then two, unable to find anything he went to regroup with Noelle and Asta. Kicking some rocks along the way to vent his anger, he saw Noelle standing around the place they split up.

"Find anything Magna?" she asked, sighing in frustration.

"Nothing, and it's pissing me off," Magna said, sighing. "Any sign of Asta yet?"

"No," she said, "I just got back, but we should probably go find him. He may be an idiot sometimes, but even he wouldn't rush ahead without us."

A nearby rustling in the tree caused the pair to turn around, eventually seeing the ashen hair of their companion come out of the trees. Asta shook his head, and they moved onto a different section of the eastern roads, repeating their exploration until night started to fall. Exhausted, they all decided to do one last search for any clues, staying together as a group. Magna's frustration was spreading to his friends as they searched along the final stretch of the eastern roads.

The sound of crushed leaves caused them all to turn around, with nothing there. They all slowly grabbed their grimoires, Asta drawing one of his swords. Another crunch, this time followed by more sounds. The wind was picking up as the sounds increased, then nothing. All six pairs of eyes scanning the area, their bodies tense as they waited.

All three of them looked around, seeing nothing they slowly started walking again. Not putting away their grimoires and keeping as quiet as possible.

Asta noticed it first, a shape just overhead of them and pushed Magna and Noelle out of the way as a massive ball of slime fell on them. Picking up Asta as it rose up, and a young woman's voice spoke up.

"I finally got you, Asta~," she said, a group of white hoods appearing from thin air. Her grimoire glowing as a pillar of slime started to drag Asta back. One of her companions putting away their grimoire, seemingly the one who used the invisibility spell. Asta was lifted into the air, unable to move due to the slime around him, with his sword falling to the ground.

"Asta!" Noelle and Magna yelled, seeing him get picked up. Magna started launching a few fireballs at the slime, seeing it partially melt where he hit. "Gotta up the power then!" But before he could launch a more powerful spell, the ground started to shake under him.

"Earth magic: Disruption Quake." A male voice said, appearing out of thin air as the slime pulled Asta in. A cloaking spell deactivating as a group of four mages appeared. The shortest one was pulling Asta close and grabbing him through the slime.

"Three more~," she said, "And I finally caught you Asta~." Her sing-song voice was growing more menacing as she leaned in close. "I'm going to dissect you slowly~."

"Get away from him!" Noelle shouted, shooting off a blast of magic at the enemy group. With the woman moving her slime carrying Asta in the way of her attack.

"Hey, hey, hey~," she said, "you almost hit my precious dissection subject~."

"Noelle! Magna! I'll be fine! Just get rid of this slime!" Asta yelled, trying to turn his head to look at them.

"no, no, no~," the woman said, her hood falling and leaning in close to Asta, a syringe in her hand. "I won't let you get away ever again Asta~; you're going to be my experiment forever~." Before Asta could say anything in response, he felt a prick in his neck, and his vision blurred.

"Like hell!" Magna said, throwing a giant fireball at the group. Causing the slime to melt, and three of the mages dodging out of the way. Noelle following up with blasts of her magic while they both ran forward to help Asta.

"Aww, You freed him~," Sally said, her robe slightly burned from the blast. "Oh well, he won't be helping you anytime soon~. "

"What did you do to me?" Asta said, stumbling backwards and falling to the ground.

"I was going to sedate you silly~," she said just loud enough for Asta to hear. "It's no fun if I can't hear your screams~, but it's always worse if you escape~."

The last thing Asta heard that night was Noelle screaming his name, as he passed out.

"Asta! Asta!" Noelle said shaking his body as Magna covered them. The ground was reeling from one of the mages earth magic.

"Noelle! We can wake him up later, but we could use a barrier!" Magna shouted, bringing out his flaming bat to launch fireballs faster. Sally shooting her slime magic at the duo was forcing Noelle to get away from Asta.

"He's my experiment, so I'm not giving him back~," she said, menacingly. "gel magic: Sticky Salamander!" she shouted causing a large lizard-shaped slime to appear. "he's going back with the others~." She jumped into the salamander and leapt at Asta.

"Water Creation magic, Nest of the sea dragon!" Noelle shouted, A dome of water covering their group. Sally's slime salamander impacted on the barrier and landed on the ground. "You aren't touching him!"

"You're annoying," Sally said, her voice devoid of any amusement. Her slime was reaching out and impacting the barrier repeatedly. "hurry up and die so I can have my toy back."

"Magna!" Noelle yelled, her barrier holding from the four mages combined assault. "Can you restrain them or something?"

"I've been trying to do that!" he yelled back, throwing another volley of fireballs through the barrier. Finally impacting one of the mages and watching as flames wrapped around him. "Fire Magic, Flaming Prison Scattershot! One down!"

"Three on two, we can do this." Noelle thought, keeping her barrier strong. "Asta! Hurry up and wake up!" she yelled, "We need you right now!"

Nothing came from Asta; he was completely asleep. Noelle glared at Sally, her sadistic smile returning.

"He won't wake up for hours, or never~," she said, her salamander slowly starting to envelop the barrier. "But you won't be alive to hear his voice ever again~,"

"Magna! I have an idea!" Noelle said as the slime covered the entire barrier.

"I think I have the same idea!" he responded, the fireball in his hand growing. Noelle nodding as she dropped the barrier, then time slowed for them. Noelle channelling her magic, Magna launching a giant version of his scattershot spell all around them forcing the slime to away. Noelle looked up and saw Sally start to fall towards Asta, a manic grin on her face.

"Water Creation Magic: Roar of the Sea Dragon!" Noelle yelled, a massive serpent impacting Sally just as she was about to grab Asta. Noelle was turning and forcing the slime away as she aimed it at the two mobile mages. Her magic was flying at the two mages and sending all three of the targets flying into a heap on the ground. Sally was the only one left able to stand up; her magic seemed to act as a cushion when impacting the ground.

"so, much magic~," she said, her breathing laboured as blood dripped down her face as she stared directly at Noelle. "I'm going to drain you alive~."

Magna grimaced, "Sorry you crazy bitch, but you aren't going anywhere. Flame Rope Solid Binding Formation." He said as he wrapped his targets in binding magic.

"not, a chance," Sally gasped, a small blinking capsule falling out of her hand. "Bye~," was the last thing Magna heard from them as a portal opened beneath the defeated group. Being saved by an unseen ally.

"Damn!" Magna yelled, stomping the ground. "they got away!"

"At least we do know they're responsible for people disappearing now," Noelle said sighing and taking out her communication device.

"Now what do we do about him?" Magna said, walking over to Asta, "Hey, up and at em!" he shouted, shaking Asta's shoulders a bit.

No response.

"Hey, Asta! Wake up!" Magna said, lifting Asta up onto his shoulders. "what the hell?"

"Magna, what's wrong with Asta?" Noelle said, running over to them.

"His entire body feels like it's on fire," Magna said. "what the hell was in that stuff that crazy bitch used on him."

Noelle's body stiffened hearing that; she stood stunned for a moment before feeling Asta's forehead; it was so hot it felt like she was touching a campfire. "Magna," she said taking a deep breath to calm herself. "I'll use my communicator to report what happened, you go back and grab Finral so we can get to a doctor!"

"You sure you'll be okay on your own?" Magna said, looking around.

"I'll be fine, I still have a lot of mana, and you can't fly with someone unable to hold onto the broom," Noelle said, giving a reassuring smile. Magna was nodding and sprinting off to where his broom was when she did. Noelle looked at the communicator and activated it, another knight appearing as she explained what happened. The knight on the other end promised medical support would be available for Asta when they arrived. The communicator flicked off after that, Noelle looking around the area again, and spying the syringe that Sally injected into Asta on the ground. She picked it up, keeping it in case the doctors needed it for anything later. Asta's coughing had her rushing right back to his side.

Asta's vision was coming back, his body felt hot, and something was touching his face. His ears were ringing as Noelle's voice started to become clear. Coughing he started trying to sit up, Noelle helping him to sit up.

"Wh-what happened?" Asta coughed, "where's Magna?"

"He went back to get Finral," Noelle said, a few tears forming in her eyes as she hugged Asta. "Whatever that crazy woman put in your body is hurting you, we're going to take you to a doctor."

Asta laughed a bit, "What's with me always being in the worst shape after a mission?"

"You're too reckless. That's what!" Noelle said, laughing along with him. "How'd you know to push us out of the way?"

"Ki," Asta said, coughing again. "I felt something coming and just reacted."

Noelle nodded, "I'm just glad you're okay Dorksta." she said with a thin smile, taking a quick look around before kissing him on the forehead.

"Of course I'm going to be okay! I'm going to be the wizard king!" Asta shouted, "No weird medicine thing is going to keep me down!"

Both of them laughed, before Asta's vision blurred and he passed out again. Causing Noelle to panic for a moment until she heard Asta snoring. Taking a deep breath, she waited patiently, until she heard Magna's voice coming from overhead.

The Magic Knight Headquarters was quiet, the late evening having most of the knights not on night duty already gone. A few medics were waiting to take Asta and the syringe Noelle had grabbed. As they started to rush Asta in for treatment, Noelle began to follow them. Magna grabbed her arm to stop her before she could get too far.

"Let me go, Magna," Noelle said, pulling against him as Asta was taken down a hallway.

"So you can go and watch over their shoulders as they help him," Magna said, looking her dead in the eyes. "I get that you're worried but come on; he's been through worse."

Noelle sighed, "I know that Magna, I was there for most of them. But this feels different for some reason."

"It's love" Finral interrupted. "You held it together from what Magna told me, but now that things have calmed down you're realizing what almost happened."

"Yup," Magna said, nodding at Noelle. "Don't worry; I can swing by tomorrow to pick you guys up tomorrow if you want to stay with him tonight."

They all talked for a little more before one of the medics interrupted them. Noelle agreed to stay behind and would send a message when they were okay to come home. Magna and Finral gave her one last assurance as they went back and Noelle rushed to find Asta's room.

Asta felt two pairs of hands on him; he couldn't see very well. But he was able to hear Noelle's voice; as various spells cast on him. He started to feel better, the blurry vision fading along with any pain. His vision fully returned, he saw Noelle; a worried smile on her face as she squeezed his hand; and an older mage, smiling as her work finished.

"You got pretty lucky kid," She said, wiping her brow. "Whatever got put into you was a strong poison, if your teammates hadn't gotten you here when they did you may not have made it. We'll be keeping you overnight, but you'll be able to go back on duty tomorrow."

Asta and Noelle nodded, the weight of what happened hitting them both. Eventually, the healer left after a casting a few more spells on Asta and saying that someone would bring food for them. A few minutes passed, neither of them saying anything before Noelle had tears streaming down her face. She left her chair and grabbed Asta, embracing him as she cried. Asta gently hugged her back, tears going down his face as the reality of everything hit him like a brick. Eventually, the tears stopped, and the pair was hugging silently, Asta slowly reaching up and holding Noelle's face as gently as he could with one hand. She did the same, gripping his knight robe with her free hand as they leaned into each other for a kiss. They were embracing each other until someone coughed behind them, an orderly who brought them some dinner.

Awkwardly letting go of each other, they took the food and ate. Through the meal, both of them started to talk, laugh, trade jokes and insults with each other like they were used too doing. Their meals disappearing within minutes as they ate, the day's events making them hungrier than they had anticipated. Their meals finished they continued to laugh, Noelle looking outside of the room and closing the door before climbing into Asta's bed. It was a small bed, but they enjoyed each others company as they lay together.

Noelle kissed Asta's lips, with him kissing back, brushing some of her hair out of her face.

"I'm so glad you're okay Dorksta," Noelle said, touching her forehead to his. "I don't know what I would do without you."

"I don't know what I'd do without you Noelle," Asta said, his smile larger than normal. "I guess I meant it when I said I like you the best."

"I'd hope so," Noelle said, laughing a bit more"you have no idea how worried I was you didn't feel this way." With Asta joining her laughter, not hearing the door to their room open. A pair of eyes were seeing them kiss once again before they spoke.

"And what exactly do you two think you are doing?" Nozel Silva said, closing the door behind him. Noelle's head was turning, her eyes wide with fear only Asta could recognize as she saw her oldest brother standing there. She felt Asta's hand on hers as he stared at Nozel, his eyes narrowed.

"H-hello brother," She said, her voice quiet.

Hey, thanks for reading! I’m MagicLottie and I specialize in writing fun, upbeat queer erotica and fanfiction! If you liked what you read, why not check out my patreon where you can vote on monthly stories and get access to everything one week early! https://www.patreon.com/MagicLottie

0