Family Ties
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I will ask you again," Nozel said, his monotone voice managing to make the room feel cold. "What exactly do you think you're doing. Or am I correct to assume you are intentionally trying to shame our family more than you already have?"

"I... I'm not," Noelle started to say, her nerves getting the best of her as she looked away, pulling her hand away from Asta.

"She's spending time with someone who actually cares about her for once," Asta said, swinging his legs out of bed and standing to face Nozel.

"Have you nothing to say?" Nozel said, completely ignoring Asta as he stared at Noelle. Who wasn't meeting his gaze or saying anything in response to Nozels words. "First you assault your brother, then I find you in bed with a commoner. Are you so bent on disappointing our family that you would destroy what little dignity you had left?"

Asta put himself directly in front of Nozel at this point, Noelle being close to tears. "Shut your mouth," he shouted. "Noelle's going to be greater than you could ever be!"

"Unlikely," Nozel said, staring at the smaller knight in front of him. "If someone like her can only find acceptance in gutter trash like you she will never achieve anything of worth."

"You bastard," Asta growled, "You take that back or-"

"Asta, please stop," Noelle said her voice shaky, "please." She took a deep breath, "why are you here brother?"

"To demand an apology for your behaviour in Narn towards Solid." Nozel said, "You have assaulted royalty, and we are incredibly generous by not imprisoning the both of you."

"I'm not apolog-" Asta started to say before he was cut off by Noelle grabbing and squeezing his hand again.

"We understand," Noelle said quietly. "we both deeply regret our actions in Narn, and we sincerely hope you will forgive us." Asta started to speak again, but the look Noelle was giving him made him stop.

"Very well," Nozel said, turning around to leave, "The House of Silva accepts your apology, see to it that it does not happen again, or we will not be as merciful."

Noelle's grip was incredibly tight on Asta's hand, bowing as Nozel walked out of the room. When the door closed, Noelle let go of Asta's hand and sat on the bed. A few tears were hitting the floor as she put her head in her hands. Asta put an arm around her and pulled her close.

"Why." Noelle sobbed, "why can't they just let me be happy?" She grabbed onto Asta, "Every time I have a chance at being happy without them they take it away from me. I don't want to lose anything else, but it's like they know when my life starts to get better! I'll never escape them will I?"

Asta, for the first time in his life, knew exactly what to say. "Noelle!" he shouted, causing her to jump a little. "We'll make your life so happy they can't touch it! We'll work together and make them regret ever hurting you! We'll be together; we'll make it work out, we'll get married and be a better family than they ever were to you!"

Noelle was still crying, but with a smile now. Asta was doing everything he could to make Noelle smile before they went to sleep. Handstands, flips, even an attempt at singing to make her tears stop. Noelle was laughing, tears still streaming down her face as she motioned for Asta to join her on the bed. Asta did so, trying a few more horrible jokes to make her laugh.

"Thank you, Asta," she whispered into his ear as they lay down, the tears finally stopping. "I can't believe I held it together earlier."

"I can," Asta said, "You're strong, that's why you were able to save me." Getting Noelle to blush

"Don't forget Magna!" she laughed, wiping a few remaining tears from her eyes. "We probably would've been finished without him."

"You both saved me though," Asta said, laughing a bit more. "that slime is gross and hard to get out of."

"Let's not talk about the slime right now," Noelle said, both of them shuddering at the thought. With Asta wiping a few more tears from her face as they kissed again.

"I love you," they both said at the same time. Blushing and kissing each other more, laughing as they did. Noelle's anxiety was fading away for the moment as she embraced the boy she loved. Asta was smiling as he held her, her height over him making it a little awkward when facing each other. But they were both for the moment, happy as they drifted to sleep. A few doctors tried to wake them up and move Noelle out of the room but were unsuccessful as their embrace was too powerful to break without hurting them. They decided to leave the pair alone for the night, and let them be happy.

Elsewhere in the kingdom, Nozel was returning to the Silver Eagle Base. The Captain was rushing to his private quarters as he walked through the building, lower rank knights saluting him which he barely acknowledged. When he got to his room, he quickly locked the door behind him.

"She's somehow managed to become an even greater failure than before." He thought, readying himself for bed. His eyes were twitching slightly at the thought of her in bed with a gutter rat. A knot started to form in his stomach as he took a look at his desk, a picture of his family from many years ago the most prominent thing he could see. Acier Silva's smiling face greeted him as he walked over to the desk. A younger version of himself and his siblings around her, smiling and full of joy.

"She took you from us," Nozel murmured. "And now she's sleeping with common trash and sullying our name even more," his fists clenched as he sat down on his bed. "So why then, is part of me happy for her?"

Silence greeted his question, eyeing the photo of his mother. Her face so similar to Noelle's, smiling back at him. He stared for a moment, just a single moment as he swore the face of his mother looked furious. Causing Nozel to break out in a cold sweat, something making his room feel frozen and full of disappointment. He shook his head, and finally lay down in his bed to sleep.

Noelle was walking through the castle town, her knight robe proudly visible as she walked towards her destination. She heard Asta behind her, running to catch up to her. She smiled as he did, grabbing her arm and starting to run together. The happy couple was reaching the gates of Noelle's home, as they were summoned there by Nozel. The gates opened and they were lead inside. Asta's grip was keeping Noelle calm as they met with Nozel.

"Thank you both for coming." He said quietly, motioning to various servants, "everyone else, leave us alone for the moment." The room grew quiet as he spoke again. "I have something to say to you, Sister."

"y-yes brother?" Noelle said, her grip tightening on Asta's hand.

"I, am aware that our relationship as siblings is, flawed," Nozel said, "however with the progress you have made as a knight. I wish to extend an apology to you. I was wrong, all of us were."

"Brother," Noelle said, "I, accept your apology. However, as you have said, our relationship as siblings is flawed. It will take some time for me to forgive you."

Nozel nodded, "I understand, you are free to come and go as you please."

"Thank you, brother," Noelle said, Asta smiling at her as they walked out of the building. Noelle was hugging Asta as she jumped for joy. The unexpected apology was sending a lifetime of fear running away; she kissed Asta, the most intense kiss of her life as tears of joy fell down her face. Asta was spinning her around, their laughter echoing through the Noble Realm. Dancing through the streets of the kingdom, not caring who was staring at them as they reached a square. Noelle still laughing as she sat down on a nearby bench, she looked for Asta. He was on one of his knees as he took out a small box, opening it to reveal a set of rings.

And then she woke up. Quietly staring at the ceiling as she realized it was a dream. Sighing as she smiled, and looked over at Asta, still asleep and snoring. Gently she rolled over and embraced him, her hands feeling something on his leg. Curiosity getting the better of her she gently put her arm under the blanket and went for the pocket. It was something small, her hand feeling it through his clothes as she tried to guess what it was. Asta shifted a bit, and Noelle pulled her hand away, not wanting to get wake him up. She was about to close her eyes again when she heard Asta mumble something that made her cheeks flush. She gently kissed his forehead as she whispered something back to him before falling back asleep with a smile on her face.

Asta was in a daze; he looked around for a moment before seeing Noelle, her blue and white gown making his heart race. He adjusted his shirt, not used to wearing something fancy. Noelle was giggling at him for this and helping him with his shirt.

"Everyone is waiting outside," she said grabbing a bouquet of flowers. "Are you ready?"

"You bet I am, Noelle," he said, a huge smile on his face as he walked out the door with Noelle, their arms locked together. Outside they were greeted by their friends, all dressed up and applauding as they walked down. Church bells chimed as their wedding ceremony ended, and the party began. Drinks, food, everything they all enjoyed as the celebration commenced. It was the happiest moment in Asta's life as he danced with Noelle, her smile radiant and her laughter angelic. They kissed, Noelle having to lean down slightly for her groom as their friends cheered once more. Tiny hands grabbed both of them as Asta's family pulled them into a group hug both of them laughing. Yuno and him bumping fists, the younger kids grabbing Noelle's hands and spinning around, Sister Lily and the Priest crying with happiness.

He wished the day would never end. His adoptive siblings were all piling onto his back, Noelle laughing as he started doing pushups at the kid's request. Yuno was coming to congratulate them as well, hugging Noelle and grinning at Asta. The kids were climbing off as everyone knew what was about to happen. Yuno took out his grimoire, summoning a blast of wind with his spirit magic. Asta was bringing out one of his swords, cutting the spell and cancelling it out. Everyone still laughing at the rivals antics as they put their grimoires away and bumped their fists together, Noelle running over and kissing Asta's cheek. Everyone happy as she got ready to toss the bouquet, several people grouping for it everyone watched as Noelle threw it high into the sky.

And then he woke up. Feeling Noelle on his arm and looked over at her sleeping body. Her smiling face greeting him in the middle of the night. He craned his neck up to kiss his taller partner on the lips. Rolling on his side, he felt something in his pocket, something he had sworn he left at the base. He reached down and grabbed it as quietly as possible. He quietly opened it, inside were two rings. He smiled as he put it back in his pocket.

"I'll find the right time soon," he thought as he gently put an arm on Noelle before falling back asleep.

Nozel was alone outside, the dark sky drenching him with rainwater. He walked through the castle town, his destination one he had honestly hoped to never visit for an occasion like this. Different from the usual robes he wore, he was dressed in all black, as was appropriate for this event. A congregation of people were already waiting, the entire Black bull squad sans two members, what appeared to be a family of commoners, all of them stared at him as he approached. Their gazes were sending a chill up his spine, despite his face not giving any hint of emotion. The other part of the congregation was his family, his two younger siblings sitting near the back and his father near the front.

He took a seat next to his father as he gazed upon a sight that sent a chill through his spine. Noelle's lifeless body lay in one of the coffins in front of him. He didn't even know how it happened, an accident perhaps? His brain searched for an answer, with nothing coming to him. His eyes moved to the next coffin, this one was closed, but the picture next to it clued him in. Asta's beaming face was on a picture next to the coffin. Again his brain searched for the cause of his death, and nothing was coming to him.

His hands were growing cold, not from the rain but from the chill that was filling his body. The world disappeared around him, him alone sitting in a chair, the only sound being the pounding rain. Soon white fog surrounded him as he grew colder, his breath freezing in the air.

"Brother," A voice whispered from behind him, forcing Nozel out of his chair to turn around. Nothing was there.

"Why?" the voice said again. With Nozel turning in response, still seeing nothing but fog. Something touched his back, causing him to reach around with his arm and grab it. Turning to see the face of Noelle, her skin pale and translucent.

"Noelle," he whispered, before feeling a searing pain in his hand. Ice forming on his skin where he was touching Noelle.

"Why?" she repeated, again and again. Grabbing further onto his arm, it freezing and cracking as she moved towards him. He watched in horror as he fell backwards, his hand breaking off as his body was freezing solid. Water was splashing on his body as Noelle disappeared, Nozel sinking down as her voice echoed around him.

"Why?" Her voice echoed as his body started to break apart as he tried to scream. No sound leaving his mouth as something descended through the water at him, a sword in hand. It cut through the water with devastating speed, growing closer every second to Nozel's frozen body. Howling as it sliced through the water, Nozel saw and heard who it was a moment before the sword entered his chest.

"You killed her." Asta's phantom roared as Nozel felt the sword pierce his body, impaling him to the bottom of a freezing ocean.

And then he woke up. His head hit the floor as he fell out of bed. His heart racing as he looked around, taking deep breaths to calm down from the nightmare that woke him. At some point his window had blown open, letting the cold midnight air into his room. He walked over to the window and closed it. As he did something fell over behind him, making a shattering sound. Nozel turned around to see the picture frame on his desk turned over. He walked over and picked it up, feeling a sudden pain in his finger as a shard of glass pierced his skin. He winced and set the frame back up, removing the shard from his finger and summoning a servant to clean up the mess. He focused himself on his work, deciding not to try sleeping again. He started doing his paperwork to distract himself from the lack of sleep.

Noelle and Asta woke up incredibly refreshed. With Noelle being rushed outside as a doctor did one last check up on Asta. Despite the run-in with her brother the previous night, Noelle happy. Even if it was while Asta was half asleep, she knew what she heard, and it was making her blush as she waited outside.

Inside the doctor was using her magic to scan Asta, finding nothing wrong she was about to let him go.

"Word of warning next time, the walls here aren't soundproof." She said as Asta put on his knight robe. "The overnight workers heard you two laughing late into the night."

Asta blushed as she let out a laugh. "Sorry!" he shouted as the doctor left the room, waving her hand to let him know everything was all right. He ran outside to join Noelle, who was talking to Magna.

"You two aren't going to get any rest for a month," Magna said, laughing a bit. "That's the price you pay for getting a week off to date."

"It's only been a week?" Noelle said, looking around nervously. "It has to have been longer than that, right?"

"Nope, I think about nine days at most, and you're both already acting like you're married!" Magna laughed, seeing Asta walking towards them and purposefully being just loud enough for him to hear. Both of them blushing as a few people wandering overheard Magna's teasing. "I mean all Asta was missing was the rings, and you'd probably have run right to a chapel." He laughed, his friends so red people would assume they were sunburned.

"Magna!" both of them yelled, blushing and not facing each other as their friend kept laughing.

"Come on it's a superiors duty to mess with his underlings!" he boasted.

"We both outrank you," Noelle said her face still red, a few onlookers still listening in on their conversation. "And didn't all three of us agree to keep this quiet?"

"Yeah! All three of us did." Asta said, finally jumping in on the conversation. "And yeah maybe if I had ring's I would've given them to her! But I didn't have them that day!"

"that day?" Noelle thought, turning away as her blush intensified. "then that means that box was..."

Magna was grinning, "Okay okay I've had my fun," he said, starting to walk towards where he left his broom. "The captain has another mission for you two, so I'm taking you there."

Both Asta and Noelle walked behind him, their blushes both fading as they got focused on the mission.

"What are we doing?" Noelle and Asta asked, looking at Magna as he got on the broom.

"Some nutcase kidnapped a bunch of kids and is hiding out in a forest," he said, grimacing. "So we're going to go and kick his ass!"

"Let's go!" Asta shouted, climbing on the broom behind Noelle. "where is this guy anyway?"

Magna's broom was in the air before he answered, "Asta, The guy's in Hage Village."

Asta's pupils shrank, "then the kids he took..." he said, his grip on the broom tightening as Magna accelerated.

"Yeah," he said, not looking back towards Asta or Noelle. "I won't have much magic left after I get you two there, so you'll have to go rescue them!"

"Got it!" Noelle said, turning her head to look at Asta, his face full of determination. "Asta..."

"I'll be fine Noelle!" he shouted. "Let's just hurry!"

Hey, thanks for reading! I’m MagicLottie and I specialize in writing fun, upbeat queer erotica and fanfiction! If you liked what you read, why not check out my patreon where you can vote on monthly stories and get access to everything one week early! https://www.patreon.com/MagicLottie

0