The Brothers Family
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The wind was howling as Yuno flew through the skies on his broom, Klaus and Mimosa barely able to keep up with him.

"Yuno!" Klaus yelled, "You have to slow down!"

Yuno either didn't say anything or didn't say it loud enough for Klaus to hear. He scowled as he tried accelerating to match Yuno's speed, managing to get a little closer.

"Yuno! Can you hear me?" He shouted, just behind Yuno.

"Yeah I can," Yuno said quietly, not slowing down at all. "I'm not slowing down."

"Yuno please!" Mimosa said, also managing to catch up to him. "I know you're worried, but if we go this fast we'll run out of mana before we get there!"

"I'm not stopping," He said, slowing down just enough for his allies to fly next to him. "We'll be fine."

"And if you rush right into a trap?" Klaus said, pushing up his glasses.

"That won't happen, Klaus," Yuno said, staring ahead and seeing something in the distance.

"Your family will be fine Yuno," Mimosa said, "and I can heal anyone who gets hurt."

"What if they get more than just hurt Mimosa?" Yuno said, his voice level. "They're all probably scared so you will have to understand if I do not want to slow down at all."

"That won't happen," Klaus said, "We'll get there in plenty of time, but for now we need to conserve our mana."

"Fine," Yuno said, taking a deep breath. "But if anything happens to them I-"

He stopped as something swerved in front of him, making him rise to avoid crashing into them. Mimosa and Klaus both veering to the side as the broom with Asta, Noelle and Magna on it appeared in front of them.

"That way go that way!" Asta yelled, trying to give directions to Magna who was piloting the broom before rocketing towards the direction of Hage village.

Yuno, Klaus and Mimosa paused for a moment, just a single moment before they flew after them. Yuno now using his wind magic to catch up to Magna's broom.

"Asta!" he yelled, flying alongside Magna's broom. "Jump on!"

"Wait, what?" Noelle and Magna said as Asta grinned and stood up on the broom.

"See you there!" he said as he leapt and grabbed onto Yuno's broom. Noelle and Magna screaming in surprise as he did.

"Yuno! What are you doing?" Klaus yelled at him, just managing to catch up.

"Going ahead!" Yuno yelled back, waiting just long enough for Asta to get a good grip on his broom as he rocketed forwards using his wind magic.

"Asta you'd better be careful!" Noelle yelled, almost accidentally pushing Magna off leaning over him.

"You bastard," Magna said as he readjusted, "Think you'll beat us there? Hold on Noelle!" His broom was rocketing ahead of Klaus and Mimosa who tried their best to keep up. The group managed to keep Asta and Yuno in their views, following them all the way to Hage village.

Asta and Yuno landed and immediately ran into the church, looking around at destroyed chairs and broken windows. Scorch marks were everywhere, and there were a few small holes in the ceiling. Sister Lily and Father Orgi were praying at the altar as they entered the building. The boys gave a comforting smile as they looked at them until they saw the Father's arm in a sling.

"Asta, Yuno!" Lily said, running at them and pulling them both into a hug, tears falling down her face as the boys returned the hug.

"What happened?" both of them asked, "Where is everyone?"

"we have no idea," Orgi said, pulling up a chair with his free arm. "One minute everything was normal. Recca and Nash were doing their chores, Aruru and Hollo were playing in their room."

"Then some people stormed in," Lily said, looking down at the boys. 'We tried to stop them but it happened so fast, I sent that message as quickly as I could to both of you."

"They all wore black robes as well," Orgi said putting his free hand on Yuno's shoulder. "We're not sure how many there are, but be careful.

"We'll get them back!" they both said as they started to run out of the building. Some shouting from above causing the brothers to look up, seeing Noelle, Magna, Klaus and Mimosa descending in front of them.

"Asta you bastard!" Magna yelled at him and Noelle marching over to him and grabbing his collar. "I had to burn all my mana to catch up with you two!"

Noelle sighed as she put a hand to her face. "You shouldn't have jumped at the very least, what if you had missed?"

"I wouldn't miss a jump that short!" Asta laughed, "Besides you or Yuno would've caught me."

"Maybe so! but you nearly gave me a heart attack!" Noelle said, pinching Asta's cheek before sighing.

"Yuno!" Klaus shouted walking towards him. "You just agreed to slow down before leaving us behind! Why did you do that?"

"I saw Asta and knew I would have some backup if something went wrong," Yuno said, his stoic voice returning.

"But you would have more if all of us arrived at the same time," Mimosa said, looking at the damaged church. "was anyone hurt?"

"The old man's arm was hurt, but I think he's going to be okay." Both Yuno and Asta said.

"If you're sure," Mimosa said quietly, a small blush forming as she looked at Asta. "W-where are the kids anyway?"

"The forest!" Asta said, starting to run off towards it. "I know my way around in there! It's where I trained!"

"We probably shouldn't fly then," Klaus said, setting his broom near the door of the church. "The forest would make it hard to evade in the air if we were ambushed." Everyone nodded in agreement as they left, Asta naturally running ahead of them all. Noelle was letting out a small sigh at his eagerness before the group followed him with Yuno's magic.

Deep in the forest, A man paced around. His clothes and hair ragged as he stood over four children. Two of them laying on the ground with bruises on their heads, the other two cowering under him on the brink of tears.

"Shh," he whispered, leaning into the youngest child's face. "I can't have you giving away where I am now can I? If you cry, I'll have to do the same thing to your garbage friends."

"Master Salim," A figure said, walking out from behind a group of trees alongside several others. "The magic knights have arrived."

"Good, good," Salim said, motioning for the person behind him to grab the children. "I wonder what his face will look like when we let him find us? Just thinking about it makes me shiver."

Aruru and Hollo cowered under the tall men's height; a few quick cries escaped their lips as they called out for help. Before a spell washed over them, silencing them as they fell into a magically induced sleep.

Salim laughed to himself as they walked deeper into the forest, thoughts of revenge filling his mind. The men he hired were cheap, but he was confident with sheer numbers his plan would work. Seven mages alongside him would ensure no matter how powerful Yuno was; he could steal the four leaf clover grimoire. He walked them to a small clearing as the mercenaries began to lay in wait.

"Plant Magic: Binding Root Prison." One of the hired mages said, suspending the children above Salim. He smiled, looking up at the children with a manic grin.

"Revenge will never taste so sweet." Salim laughed as he began to wait for the knights to appear.

Asta was running as fast as he could towards the forest surrounding the demon skull overlooking Hage Village. He could hear something behind him. Turning his head to take a quick look he saw Yuno carrying everyone with his magic.

"Yuno you bastard! I thought we weren't flying!" Asta shouted at the group.

"We'll reach the forest faster this way," Yuno said, "Unless you want to tire yourself out shrimp."

"Is it the time for this?" Noelle, Mimosa, Magna and Klaus shouted, the brother's rivalry starting to reignite despite the situation.

"Sorry!" Asta yelled, jumping up and as everyone grabbed and pulled Asta onto Yuno's transportation spell. Noelle was lightly pinching his cheek once he was standing.

"You need to stop running ahead Dorksta!" Noelle said, sighing before letting go of him. "you said you know the forest right? so you have to direct us, and you can't run ahead if you're going to do that!"

"sorry, sorry!" Asta said rubbing his cheek with a smile, "Yuno, go left! We can reach my training ground from here!"

"And why would we go there?" Klaus said, "Our plan, which you weren't there to hear, Was to get close and have Mimosa use her magic to find where they went."

"It's hidden!" Asta said, turning towards the older knight, "No one would see us coming!"

"That's... not a bad idea Asta," Mimosa said, pulling out her grimoire. Everyone else murmuring in agreement, Yuno silently directing his magic towards the area.

"It's a great idea!" Asta said, a huge smile on his face, "Yuno, do you remember how to get there?"

"Like I could forget Shrimpsta," Yuno said, his tone having a small hint of playfulness. "Who had to carry you back every night again?"

"It wasn't every night! And don't make fun of my awesome plan!" Asta said, his voice full of energy.

"Well, it'll work great with the plan we came up with," Magna said with a small laugh. "You four are gonna go in and rescue the kids; Four Eyes and I are gonna wait and ambush anyone who tries to get away."

'Y-yes," Klaus said, trying not to snap at being called his nickname. "I didn't feel this job could be entrusted entirely to a commoner."

"You're still acting like this?" Asta, Noelle, Yuno and Mimosa all thought to themselves.

"Heh, I'll show you what the great Magna can do four-eyes!"

The yelling between Klaus and Magna continued as the other knights walked into the forest, Mimosa using her grimoire to cast a spell.

"Plant magic: Magic Flower Guidepost," She said, creating a three dimensional model of the forest and demon skull they were near. Several small dots appeared near the base of the skull as everyone examined the map.

"They aren't too far in," She said, looking at her companions. "Even walking we should reach them fairly quickly."

"Then let's move carefully," Noelle said, looking at Asta who was jogging in place at the entrance to the forest. He was giving her a big thumbs up making her blush. "Let's go rescue those kids!"

Everyone nodded in agreement as Noelle somehow managed to take command of the group. Mimosa was walking between everyone with her navigation spell, Noelle walking behind her with Yuno and Asta in front of them both. Noelle was trying to focus on the mission, but thoughts of spending time with Asta's family kept on creeping into her mind. A small blush was forming as she pictured them both playing and sharing dinner with his family, getting to know the people closest to him.

She snapped herself out of it, "There will be time to get to know them," She thought. "We just have to save them first." She tensed up, as they got closer on Mimosa's map.

Mimosa was desperately pushing thoughts away from herself. Even though she was on a mission; being next to Asta was making her heartbreak slightly. "He's happy with Noelle," she thought to try to push away her feelings. "we'll rescue the kids then go our separate ways, and then I can move on!" She focused heavily on her map, directing the group on the best path to their destination.

Yuno was trying his best to focus on the task at hand. Asta besides him was bringing back his competitive flair, despite knowing he couldn't afford to let that get the better of him. He could feel Bell hiding in his robe, the wind spirit unhappy at not being the centre of his attention. She poked her head out of his robe and started trying to get his attention. Yuno pretended not to notice, irritating her more.

"Yuno!" She whined, "pay attention to me!"

"Not now Bell," Yuno said, irritated "and if you don't quiet down, I won't use your magic ever again." With Bell flying around his head, angrily yelling at him, Yuno sighing and gently motioning for her to sit on his shoulder. Bell's mood changed as she sat on his shoulder and leaned onto his neck, not noticing Asta staring at her.

"Can we go on a date after this?" Bell said, happily. With Yuno's silence and glare being the answer she didn't want.

Asta was staring at Bell as he continued to walk. Until now he had been mostly focused on the mission, despite his recklessness. But hearing her mention a date made him start thinking about spending time with Noelle on their next day off. He was already running low on ideas, especially after they rescue the kids and help clean up the church. He shook his head a bit as they continued to walk. "We're on a mission, we have to pretend we aren't together!" he thought to himself before he felt something strange. He looked around before dashing backwards and pushing Noelle out of the way. Right as a large knife hit the ground where she was standing a moment ago.

"We're under attack!" Asta yelled, summoning the Demon Slayer sword from his grimoire and shielding himself from another knife.

"How did they sneak up on us?" Noelle yelled, grabbing her wand and grimoire.

"I have no idea!" Mimosa yelled, dispelling her magic flower guidepost and getting near Yuno who was deflecting some incoming magic with his wind. "I was paying as much attention as I could to my map!"

"They must have something concealing their mana," Yuno said, helping Mimosa maneuver around the incoming spells.

"They aren't!" Asta yelled, summoning his other sword as Noelle put up a barrier around them. "I couldn't feel their presence until the spells came!"

Yuno deflected an earth spell, lifting himself and Mimosa backwards toward Asta and Noelle. Grabbing his grimoire and preparing a spell to counter-attack before stopping his spell.

"I can't counter this!" He shouted, "if the kids are near them we can't risk a large attack."

"We need to get closer!" Mimosa yelled, taking out her grimoire and recasting her magic flower guidepost. "they haven't moved yet."

"So then we just need to get closer right?" Noelle said, readying her grimoire again. "I have an idea! Everyone gather around me!"

Further in the forest, Salim was laughing. "I knew hiring long range mages would be the right choice! Those fools can't do anything if they can't see us!" The mercenaries were launching various spells with direction from another mage. Blades, fire, earth, magic being fired with pinpoint accuracy at the group. The group continued to laugh until one of their spells was returned to them. A chunk of magical earth impacted the same mage who fired the spell.

"What the hell?" one of the mercenaries yelled, watching their companion drop to the ground unconscious before a blast of wind launched them back into a tree.

"How can they hit us from here?" one of the mercenaries shouted before a torrent wind launched them into the air.

Salim looked around, trying to tell where the attacks on his men when he saw something moving towards them slowly. A large sphere of water approaching, with four mages inside.

"Get a little higher," Yuno said, carefully aiming another blast of his magic. "I think I can see the kids!"

"I'm trying!" Noelle said, moving the sphere a little higher as Yuno readied another spell. "Asta, Mimosa. Ready for part two?"

"Yes!" they both shouted as they leapt out of the bubble, with Yuno casting his spell.

"Wind Creation magic: Heavenly wind arc," he said, creating the transport for the two, and sending them off towards the enemy group.

"Yuno, once they land get us both closer!" Noelle said, moving her spell as fast as she could.

Asta, on the other hand, had leapt off Yuno's spell and landed mid-swing as the Demon Slayer sword sent an enemy flying into a tree. Mimosa following him and looking around for the hostages and seeing them next to Salim.

"What are you doing you worthless fools!" Salim yelled, grabbing his grimoire, as he was about to cast a spell a tower of wind launched him upwards into the sky. Seeing Yuno and Noelle descending on another wind arc he cursed Yuno's name as he hit the ground, falling unconscious.

"T-the Golden Dawn?! The Black Bulls?!" One of the mercenaries stuttered, starting to run away before a blast of water knocked them into a tree.

"Hmph, if you wanted to avoid us you shouldn't have kidnapped children," Noelle said, flipping one of her ponytails over her shoulder.

"I'm not going down without a fight!" One of them shouted just before Asta's sword launched them back, landing near the four kids, who were still bound in plant roots. The other mercenaries were scattering out of intimidation, with the knights knocking them out or trapping them in some way. It was over so fast the last mercenary didn't even know what happened as his vision blacked out.

The four knights looked around for any other enemies when they didn't feel anyone else around they all sprinted towards the kids. All of them noticing various bruises and cuts on them, presumably from struggling against their captors. Mimosa summoned her dream healing flower cradle for each of the kids, making them stir awake one by one. Before they were all completely awake, Yuno flew at top speed to grab Klaus and Magna as well as their brooms. Bringing them both to use their binding magic on the mercenaries and Salim.

"Mimosa, how are they?" Asta said, looking at the kids.

"They'll be fine, nothing more than a few bruises," she said, turning to everyone. "they should wake up in a little bit."

"What a relief," Asta and Yuno sighed, the brothers stress entirely dissipating.

"The problem now," Klaus said, closing his grimoire, "is bringing these criminals in, Yuno. Do you have enough magic to make sure we can bring them in?"

"I should but," Yuno said, looking at the kids.

"Don't worry Yuno!" Asta said, slapping his brothers back a little. "We can bring them back just fine!" Noelle and Magna giving him assuring nods.

"All right," Yuno said with a small sigh, "I'll let you have this one Asta."

"What do you mean this one you bastard!?" He yelled as Yuno, Klaus, and Mimosa started to fly off. "Don't fly away from me!"

"See ya shrimp," Yuno said, helping Klaus carry the pile of criminals off, Mimosa and Klaus giving a small wave goodbye as they all flew off towards the capital.

"You could at least help us take them back home!" all three of them yelled, before sighing and starting to walk back to the church, kids still half asleep on their backs. Noelle was carrying Hollo, the youngest almost melting at how cute the three-year-old looked in her arms. She looked back at Magna who was carrying the kid Asta said was named Aruru. She had a tight grip on Magna's robe, even when she was asleep.

"Be careful Noelle; he kicks in his sleep!" Asta joked, Recca and Nash on his back as he lead the group back to the church. The older siblings were shifting a bit as their sleep finally left them. Blinking a bit as they recognized they were moving and seeing Asta's hair.

They both screamed in Asta's ears causing him to fall over. The two panicking for a moment until they realized they were safe.

"Asta!?" They both yelled, scrambling to their feet, accidentally stepping on Asta's hands and legs.

"Ow ow ow ow!" Asta yelled as they scrambled off of him. "What a way to treat one of the guys who saved you!"

The two looked at him, then at Noelle and Magna, then back at Asta.

"You mean those two saved us, right?" Nash said, getting a giggle out of Recca.

"Ungrateful brat!" Asta yelled, standing up and leaning over Nash who looked unimpressed. "First time you see me in months, and you're still rude!"

"He just doesn't want to admit he missed you!" Recca said, getting Nash to shoot her a look as Asta grinned.

"Jeez, I know you're Asta's bro but damn you're a brat," Magna said, looking down at the ten-year-old. Getting a laugh out of Recca.

"Nah he's just like this!" She said, still laughing and hugging Asta. Nash was pretending to not care about seeing Asta again as they walked.

"Hey, hey Asta!" Recca said, pulling on his robe and looking at Noelle. "Is she your girlfriend? the one in the picture you sent?"

"Yes I am," Noelle said, still carrying Hollo as she started to pass Asta. "I'll tell you more when you're all safe at the church."

"and him?" Nash said, motioning at Magna, "He doesn't look very... knightly."

"Hey, brat!" Magna yelled, accidentally shaking Aruru a bit. "I'm the great Magna Swing! And I showed these two the ropes about being a knight!"

"Right..." Nash said, putting his arms behind his head. " so the guys who attacked us?"

"Some other knights we were with took them in," Magna said, setting the now awake Aruru down on the ground who hugged Magna's leg before running to Nash and Recca.

The knights sighed as the fourth child also woke up, Hollow and Aruru crying happily as they realized they were safe. Noelle let Hollo down on the ground so he could run to their big brother, who rubbed their heads as they cried.

"Don't worry guys; it's okay." Asta said, picking up the youngest kids, "Let's just get home!"

Magna and Noelle smiled at the group in front of them as they walked, Magna nudging Noelle's side and whispering "Man, I didn't think he'd be so good with kids."

"They are his family after all," Noelle said, looking at them all as the younger children clambered on Asta's back. "All right, let's keep walking Dorksta!" She yelled with a smile at the group. The kids all laughed at his nickname before they settled down to walk home.

On the way back Hollo and Aruru bombarded the three knights with questions. Magna and Asta were giving over the top answers as Noelle corrected them. The kids were eyeing her whenever she spoke curiously. Eventually, Hollo spoke up.

"Big bro!" He said, tugging on Asta's arm. "Is the pretty lady gonna be our big sister?"

"Yep!" Asta said, turning around mid-walk to smile at Noelle, getting her to blush "I love her a lot." Hollo and Aruru were giggling and running over to her to bombard her with questions while Magna, Nash and Recca just burst out laughing.

Soon the church was in sight, Noelle being dragged ahead of the group by the two toddlers who ran into the building. Sister Lily and Farther Orgi's voices cheering as the kids were back safely, the others catching up after just a moment. The two caretakers hugging their foster children as tears streamed down their faces.

"Where's Yuno?" Lily said after a few moments, realizing the other brother wasn't there. The kids all looking a little disappointed at the news.

"The golden dawn guys had to fly all those punks to the capital," Magna said, "gotta lock punks like that away!"

"Of course," Father Orgi said nodding and pulling Asta into a hug, "I couldn't be more proud of both of you boys!"

"hey hey! Sister!" Hollo and Aruru said, pulling the older woman towards Noelle. "she's gonna be Asta's wife!" the kids said causing Lily and Orgi to gasp and stare at Noelle completely slack-jawed.

"I-is that so?" Lily said, collecting herself, "Were you the girl in the picture Asta sent us?"

"Yes, it was," Noelle said, taking a breath to remove her blush. "I don't believe I sent you a proper introduction, however. I am Noelle Silva, proud knight of the Black bulls. A pleasure to meet you."

The church was suddenly very quiet, aside from the youngest children's chanting of Noelle's last name. The other four members of Asta's family were staring, their jaws dropping again as they realized who they were talking too.

"S-silva?" Father Orgi stammered, "Asta is.. with r-royalty?" falling to the ground in a bow, Lily joining him. "Please forgive us for troubling you, your lordship!"

"You don't need to bow to me," Noelle said, flinching at their sudden bowing. "I'm more than happy to meet the people who raised Asta."

"It-it's nice to meet you as well your majesty!" Orgi said, rising to his feet again. The rest of Asta's family staring at her and Asta as he walked over and grabbed her hand.

"Does this make Asta a prince?" Aruru said, giggling as the pair blushed at her question, and Magna bursting out laughing.

"That's the idea kid!" he laughed, slapping them both on the back. "But we have to get going; us knights are busy!" Hollo and Aruru were frowning and hugging Noelle and Asta one last time. Nash and Recca hugged Asta as well.

"We'll visit soon! I promise!" Asta said, "I'll send some more money soon to get everything repaired too!"

"Actually," Lily said, "we're going to be fine for a while thanks to the money you sent us."

"We get to eat things that aren't tatoes!" Recca said. "And we got new blankets!"

"Just keep the idiot safe," Nash said, as Asta and Noelle climbed on Magna's broom. Asta was shouting something at the boy as they flew off, the rest of his family waving until they became a speck on the horizon.

Back at the Black Bull base.

"Back already?" Yami said as the door opened, the trio of knights walking in happily.

"Yes, sir!" Magna shouted, "The mission was a success!"

"I know, so shut up," Yami said, not looking away from his newspaper. "I already got work from HQ about it, congratulations you all got us another star."

"Yes!" All three of them cheered.

"Good job all of you," Yami said, putting down his newspaper and pointing at Noelle and Asta. "You two have one more mission today, go buy more booze."

"Yes, sir!" The pair said. Going to find Finral.

Once they were out of the room, Yami took out a cigarette and lit it. "We're gonna need it."

"Sir?" Magna said, scratching his head.

"Nothing you have to worry about, it's going to be on them," Yami said, walking out of the room. "I'm heading to the john."

A little less than an hour later, Asta, Noelle and Finral returned, alcohol in hands. Every one of the Black Bulls was in the main hall, greeting them as they entered. Vanessa immediately snatched a bottle of wine from them and started to drink. Charmy waved them over for food, which they happily did.

Everything was right for the Black Bulls; everyone was laughing and enjoying their food. Until something started rattling a window, Finral opened it, and a delivery bird flew in and dropped off a letter in front of Noelle.

"What is it, Noelle?" Asta said looking at her face, which was full of frustration.

"I forgot," she said, "The Royal ball is coming, and I have to go."

Hey, thanks for reading! I’m MagicLottie and I specialize in writing fun, upbeat queer erotica and fanfiction! If you liked what you read, why not check out my patreon where you can vote on monthly stories and get access to everything one week early! https://www.patreon.com/MagicLottie

0