A Night in the Capital
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mereoleona roared as she started launching magic at Noelle and Asta. Julius was standing a fair distance away observing the magic being flung, desperately trying to hide his huge grin. All three of the knights in front of him screaming as magic was shot, blocked and deflected around the ground floor of the castle.

"Just as planned," He muttered, giving Mereoleona a small thumbs up as she set more of the hall ablaze. "Asta, I'll see what this new power of yours is~," he thought happily. He watched for a few moments before a voice rang out beside him.

"Julius what the hell is going on," Marx yelled through a communication spell. Julius turned away slightly to hide his face from the spell.

"Nothing!" he lied, waving his hand at the magical projection "Everything is fine!"

"Fine? Fine?!" Marx shouted, "First you disappear from the Ball, THEN PARTS OF THE BALLROOM ARE ON FIRE. What did you do?!"

"Just a little magic study!" He said, trying and failing to keep a straight face. Marx's glare through the communication spell was piercing. "well, a little Anti-magic study." Marx's glare at Julius grew sharper. "Can you blame me?! It's so fascinating!"

"I can and will blame you for assisting in destroying the balcony, melting half the stairs and provoking Captain Vermillion," Marx said, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Stop this now."

"But Marx, it's just getting interesting!" Julius said, paying more attention to the fight than his assistant. "Besides you're breaking up!" he waved his hand, and the spell shorted out. "I am in so much trouble, but this will be so worth it," he said happily as steam started to come from the battle in front of him.

"If you brats don't go all out," Mereoleona roared, launching more magic from all directions at Noelle's shield. "I'll turn you both to ash!"

Noelle was barely managing to keep her defensive spell up against Mereoleona's onslaught of fire. While she had the elemental advantage, the Captain in front of her and Asta had raw power on her side. Steam billowed from her spell as magic impacted all around her shield. Asta was beside her with one of his swords at the ready; he nodded at her with a huge grin.

"Want to try something reckless?" He said, grabbing the blade of his sword with his free hand and grinning.

"Would it even stop you if I said no Dorksta?" she sighed, focusing her magic into her wand, the water barrier dissipating and flooding the hall in front of them. Asta was channelling his swords energy and transforming, his anti-magic form letting him leap into the air to block incoming magic. He circled Noelle as fire magic continued to rain down on them, summoning his other sword and deflecting as many of the Captains spells as possible.

Noelle channelled more magic as she dodged attacks Asta was unable to block, her mana growing as she readied her counter attack. Julius was audibly cheering with excitement as Asta flew around, his eyes sparkling at the anti-magic transformation. More of Mereoleona's spells were being deflected as Asta closed in on Mereleona. Noelle aimed and fired off her magic, Asta flying alongside it directly at the Captain. "Water magic: Sea Dragons Roar!"

"Impressive," Mereoleona smirked, Noelle's spell rocketing towards her, destroying the castle floor as it travelled. Asta flying around it, both of their attacks hoping to stop her. "But not good enough!" She roared while shooting a flurry of fire at Noelle's spell and Asta. Water turned to steam as the spells collided, she leapt forward to hit Asta with her fist. He brought his sword up to block her fist, Noelle shouted as she managed to fire off a burst of water magic to try and stop the captain. Then everything stopped, all three of them were completely frozen as a sphere appeared around each one as Julius walked between the group.

"Ahhhh that was so fantastic!" he said, his voice full of glee. "but, if I let any more of the castle be destroyed, I'm reasonably sure Marx will murder me." He looked closely at Asta in the time bubble, the anti-magic form right in front of him. His eyes widened as he stared but knew he couldn't enjoy it for long. He sighed and moved Mereoleona's bubble away from Asta before ending the spell on them all. Asta falling to the ground in a heap, panting as his body returned to normal, Noelle looked around confused at what just happened, and Mereoleona was standing next to Julius.

"Well! That was quite the spectacle everyone!" Julius said, clapping as everyone stared at him. "Captain Mereoleona, thank you for your assistance tonight."

"You're welcome sir," She said, giving a salute, "Though next time, let me go all out."

"I am not letting you kill some of our knights," he laughed. "Well, not without reason beyond my indulgences." He looked over at Asta, who was struggling to stand and Noelle was running over to him.

"Is, is it over?" he panted, Julius nodding and kneeling down to look Asta in the face. "Oh thank god,"

"Asta," Julius said, his eyes deadly serious as he grabbed the boys shoulders. "That was incredible! How did you do that? That transformation? All the magic sent at you was being cut down! And you can fly! Tell me everything about it!"

Mereoleona stepped in front of Noelle, "So, you've improved quite a bit I see." she said as Julius continued to question Asta about his anti-magic.

"Yes, I have," Noelle said, knowing better than to try and walk past the older woman. "I have to work hard. Otherwise, I'll never prove everyone wrong. Right?" Mereoleona grinned at her and put her hand on her head.

"Exactly," She said, patting Noelle's head."You're going to surpass everything with your own strength." She wrapped her arm around Noelle and pulled her into a quick hug. "If you tell anyone I have hugged you I will burn you to a crisp. Now, grab your boyfriend and go have a night on the town."

"My thoughts exactly," Julius said, finally not shaking Asta for more information about his transformation. "besides, I... have some serious explaining to do to Marx so you may not want to be here when that happens."

"Wait," Asta said, looking between both of them. "Can Noelle leave? cause she's royalty,"

"I think my family wouldn't be happy if I left," Noelle said, looking down at the ground. "after all my brother-"

"Eh, ignore spiral hair," Mereoleona said, patting both of the younger knights on the shoulder. "Go have fun,"

"But!" Both of the younger knights started to say, Julius and Mereoleona both turning them around and pushing them out the front of the castle. Some guards who were watching the entire scene play out just staring as a Captain and the Wizard king pushed two people outside, patted them on the back and told them to have an enjoyable night.

"So uh," Asta said, still panting a little bit as they walked away from the castle. "what... happens now?"

"I'm, not entirely sure," Noelle said, quietly grabbing his hand, "but, Asta are you okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He said a somewhat tired grin on his face as they walked.

"You're limping," She said, Asta, stopping for a moment before starting to jog enthusiastically in place.

"Nope! No limp! I'm completely fine!" he said with a strained smile, Noelle looking at him skeptically for a moment before sighing.

"Asta, I know you're lying," she said, looking him dead in the eyes. His smile was getting shakier as she stared at him, her grip getting just tight enough for him to break the poor facade. Asta fell to a knee and continued to pant. "Asta?" Noelle said, kneeling down next to him.

"I'm fine," He said, still smiling. "It's just hard on my body; I just need to train more!" His voice was full of optimism, but Noelle didn't look satisfied.

"We're finding a place to sit down Dorksta," she said, grabbing his arm and helping him stand up. "No complaints."

"I'm telling you I'm fin-" Asta said before stumbling again. he took a deep breath as Noelle gave him an unamused look. "Okay, maybe resting would be good!"

"Don't push yourself too hard Dorksta," Noelle said, helping him walk as they continued away from the castle. Both of them could hear yelling, presumably from Marx as Julius tried to explain his actions. The streets felt emptier than usual as they crossed into the common realm. A few people were out and about, dates that either failed or the few that were successful. A few families were out with their children, presumably coming from nearby restaurants after a relaxing night out. A few passers-by took notice of them, Noelle in a full ball gown, and Asta in a slightly toasted suit. A few people stared at them as they found a place to sit in the middle of a square, right next to a fountain.

Asta sighed as he sat down, he'd never admit it, but his body hurt like hell. It didn't help he was already sore from the fight against the Crimson Lion captain before dancing, so a second fight had pushed him to the limit. He smiled as Noelle sat down with him, the coolness of the water helping his body relax.

"So, what do you think of my super cool clothes?" he said, his huge grin getting a smile out of Noelle.

"They don't fit you Dorksta," she said matter of factly. "you're too loud and obnoxious to look comfortable in them."

"What! No way I look cool!" Asta said, flexing as best he could while sitting. Noelle gave him a look, and he stopped, rubbing the back of his head. "I still think I look cool."

Noelle pulled him next to her and rested her head on his shoulder. "You've looked more impressive," she said, ignoring a few more passersby gawking at them. "Even if I didn't want to admit it at the time, you've looked impressive whenever you fight."

"Even when half the time I nearly die?" he said, leaning into her slightly.

"Even then," she said as she grabbed his hand, the fountain behind them running peacefully. "Thank you for coming tonight, Asta."

"I promised I'd show up, and it was fun!" he said, failing to stifle a yawn. "I wonder if I can bring the brats next time?"

He felt Noelle shake her head, "even you coming was risky, four children running around would be impossible," she said, a bit of sadness in her voice.

"Impossible for now!" Asta said, moving his free arm and pointing at the castle. "Maybe not next year, or the year after that. But one day I'll bring everyone!"

"As long as they would be well behaved," Noelle said, Asta's face lighting up as he started talking about all of the people back in Hage village. The kids, the sister, the father and even Yuno were brought up.

"You've, never had new clothes?" Noelle asked as Asta brought up birthdays.

"Nope!" Asta said, still smiling and rubbing the back of his head. "Sister Lily would just sew our clothes to be bigger if someone didn't throw away things that fit us."

"But, clothes aren't that expensive?" Noelle said, Asta, looking hurt at her words.

"No way, new shoes cost us a week's worth money we needed for food." He said, eyes wide. "Though, they probably can have a lot nicer stuff now that we're are sending money back."

"Well," Noelle said, sitting up a bit. "I suppose I should send them money as well. It's no object to me."

"Really?!" Asta shouted, jumping off the bench, grabbing her hands and pulling her up. "Thank you so much!"

"It's the least I can do," Noelle said, her face getting redder as Asta hugged her tight and kissed her on the cheek.

"I wonder how they'll react if we bring them a bunch of new clothes!" Asta said, seemingly staring off into space. "I can see their faces already." He stared for a while, clearly lost in some a fantasy of some sorts until Noelle snapped him out of it.

"We can get them things later," she said, locking her arm with his. "Now, shall we continue our evening?"

"Definitely!" He said, happily pulling Noelle along they resumed walking, couples also out and about staring at their outfits as they walked. The evening was quiet; most people were either heading home or to restaurants. It was silent, the pair enjoying the peace for a long while.

"Asta?" Noelle said after a while. "How exactly did you plan for us to get home?" Asta smiling as she asked.

"I brought money to get a ride home!" he said, happily taking a small bag out of a pocket. "I brought enough for us to get home no problem!"

"Well, good that you thought ahead for once Dorksta," Noelle said, giving him an amused look. He smiled as they kept walking, eventually finding transport for them to take to the Black Bull base.

The flight back was uneventful; they spent it resting on each other as they flew home. The cool night's air making them both start to doze off when they landed. They paid their fee and started to walk inside the base, telltale yells from inside making their smiles a little less tired.

Asta started to open the door before it was blown off its hinges, sending him flying as fire blocked their way. Noelle sighed as Asta ran back, yelling and joining into the chaos of Magna and Luck fighting over dessert. Everyone else was laughing and dodging out of the way of the chaos as Noelle followed Asta inside. Everyone welcomed them both back, giving the couple barely got a moment to rest before they were sat down, handed food and drink and asked everything in detail. The night went long, Asta and Noelle told them everything, the dance, the fight and the quiet walk around the castle town.

"You fought a captain!?" the Black Bulls yelled when they finished explaining.

"We didn't exactly have a choice in the matter," Noelle said, Charmy bringing her another plate of food.

"Was she stronger than she looked?!" Luck said, bouncing on his feet at the thought of going up against Mereoleona.

"Super strong!" Asta said, swallowing about three different types of food. "Even together we couldn't touch her!" The rest of the knights, aside from Luck, making a mental note never to fight her.

They all talked a bit more, Noelle getting compliments on her dress, Asta being teased for the burning of his suit. Drinks started getting passed around, and the base wound up having a party late into the night. It only ended once the older knights were too drunk to keep the party contained. Windows started getting blown up from Magna and Luck resuming their fight while drunk, Vanessa hoarding the remaining alcohol causing everyone else to try and steal it from her, and Charmy devouring any food she made. Eventually, Noelle and Asta went to bed as the chaos winded down.

They walked together, both tired and unable to do much more than yawn at each other. They kissed each other good night when they got to their bedrooms, slowly letting go of each other as they went into their rooms. Both of them falling asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow.

Hey, thanks for reading! I’m MagicLottie and I specialize in writing fun, upbeat queer erotica and fanfiction! If you liked what you read, why not check out my patreon where you can vote on monthly stories and get access to everything one week early! https://www.patreon.com/MagicLottie

0