[Vol. 1] Chapter-3: Magic Academy (5)
96 10 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You measly otherworlders dare try to f**king talk to me with your sh**ty mouths?!”

Well, wasn’t it YOU who came to talk with ME?

Yea. It was that very guy, the delinquent-like baldy who approached us. Fumu. He is a delinquent, so I shouldn’t refer to him as ‘delinquent-like’.

Aya helped me get up, and I noticed my cheek getting darker a little. I could feel his power, it was unfathomable. The rest of the punches I received till now were nothing compared to this.

This world truly is different, huh. 

To people who are about to learn magic have this much power, this world truly is different.
But whatever, I was extremely astonished. How wrong I was to even think that it would be normal, it would be peaceful here than back on Earth. I did think that we could live peacefully, but no. There are jerks here also. And they honestly piss me off.  

The whole class suddenly began glaring at us with astonished eyes, as if developing repulsive hatred towards us.

“Oi, seriously? More of those f**king cowards? When are these d**kheads gonna stop coming and f**king with us?”

“Oh god. The first thing in the morning I hear sh**ty news of those otherworlder ba**ards.” 

Damn, the mouths of the people here sure do run wild…

And I better forget the fact that we will have peaceful lives. The whole class seems to have developed abhorrent hatred as soon as they got to know we’re the so-called ‘otherworlders’.

I don’t know what to do with this guy anymore. Ceaseless earth-shattering rage was thrumming through my veins at that very moment. I just wanted to distort his peevish face, I just wanted to mix him with dust. I know I should forget this ‘first-class-no-voilence!’ crap, but at the same time I don’t want to cause a ruckus. Not until he stepped towards us again with his same disgusted face, and did something that I could never forgive him for.

“Just keep lying on the ground, you f**king lowly piece of s**ts!”

As he threatened us, he kicked Aya and she fell on the ground. She cried with utmost pain and agony.

“Aya!”

I rushed up to her to help because I knew no one else would. We’ve technically become impostors in the eyes of this classroom, so I can expect many such things to happen all the time. BUT-

I won’t accept it. He had done it for sure. My anger which was already overflowing vigorously now became uncontrollable. I couldn’t control my rage anymore. He really has called for a death wish, I can say with absolute certainty, and I will make sure to grant him dearly.

Great Sage. Is my passive skill Physical Amplification active?

[Yes. All of the young master’s physical abilities are amplified by ten times. Since the physical fitness of the body is also high, the effect of this skill has been increased by another tenfold.]

Perceiving my red-gleaming deadly eyes and as I marched towards him, that Venvo or whateverhisnameis guy flinched, slowly becoming nervous with fright. Is he just a wimp?

“W-why you’re bringing your cheapa** to me?! I’m warning you, I-I’ll f**king beat the s**t outta you!!”

Yare yare. He still has the audacity to spew out dirt.

With a slightly slower pace than mine, he was also backing down. Since I was lost in rage, I added-

“You dare try to touch Aya huh. You know, revenge is beneath me, but accidents do happen. Some days even the devil sits back and admires my work.”

Of course I don't mean it for real. I only meant to instill fear in him and it did seem to work as he flinched again. Even his sweating face told everything. It clearly showed his complete fright for his life, being fearful of imminent danger that I had posed at this very moment.

“H-haaaahh!!!”

I don’t know what to say, but for sure I knew that he was also completely inexperienced in combat. Just like how that Daichi guy had come rushing to me leaving enough room to counter, he did the exact same thing. Just that this guy was weaponless.

I just stood there, waiting for his punch to arrive so that I could deflect it and land a counter. Not just a normal counter, but an extremely hard one. I’m gonna make him regret kicking Aya.

But something unexpected and quite surprising happened. His terrified face suddenly reverted and gave a sinister smile, which had taken me aback. And much to my surprise, he quickly changed the pose and his vulnerable body was now full of defence as if he was wearing silver-plated armour. He dashed like a professional boxer, who didn’t leave an inch for the opponent all while screaming to devour him as a whole. He left no room for me to counter. 

“Hahahahah what do you think ’bout my acting? Was it good? Hahahahah.”

Reaching up to me cackling as sinisterly as he could, he extended his fist and I blocked his blow with a swift, with my forearms.

*BAM*

That impact gave me a clear indication of his unfathomable power, that he was really a well-trained person as the force slid me back a few meters. Not to worry, I maintained my stance so I did not fall on the ground.

He was already dashing again with all his might, then gave many more punches which I blocked it all.

*POW* *BAM* *BAM*

Around another five to ten more punches fell on me, each having the same or a tad-bit higher intensity than the previous ones. He then retreated, leaping a few steps back.

My forearms were slowly becoming darker, but not much. He had more power than I had thought, as the intensity in some of the punches were higher than the other ones.

Such power…

Well, I guess it can’t be helped then. I have to use that thing, no other choice. Yea. That thing. I am pretty sure y’all don’t know about it, but will get to know soon. Ha-ha. (Something related to combat)

“Oooo, still standing straight? Props for that! But can you survive my next attack? Hahahahahhah.”

I did not mutter any other word, nor did I show any reactions. But I just changed my stance. Left leg in the front, right leg at the back and approximately 45 degrees away from the left, and both my fist clenched and in a fighting position. I bet y’all noticed that it’s the taekwondo’s neutral stance. Yea. I can use Taekwondo! And this is that thing.

He gave a sinister look at me, continuing-

“Oooo, so you have a trick up yer’ sleeve eh? Then here I come!!”

He came dashing towards me again with the same pose as before. I was also ready to counter any blow that he was about to land. And surely, upon reaching, he just struck his fist at me.

Yare yare, still the same attack huh.

But no. This guy is full of surprises, huh. Though it also becomes predictable after a certain number of times.
Visually it seemed nothing extraordinary happened, but as soon as he landed his fist, I felt his strike not on one or two but on four areas! It’s as if he attacked me four times fast enough that I failed to perceive. But how could it be? My eyes are good at perceiving things, better than most people. So how could I miss this? Or are my eyes not that good after all?

“Hahahhah. Shocked? I bet. This is nothing ordinary ye’ know?”

He changed his stance, loosening his body. Now I could see the reason. The reason for why I received damage in four areas with a single punch and why I couldn’t perceive it. It’s his stance. I was so immersed into blocking that I failed to notice. 

The way he had dashed at me, he broke the wind current surrounding him and brought it along. That punch directed the broken wind to crash on me which gave the feeling as if I was hit by similar fists three more times. I could recognize it because there is one technique similar to this, though not entirely, in JeonBu Kamihame corporeal arts. 

But enough of this. I believe the time has come to flex my powers a little.

“Haah, c’mon. Is that all you’ve got? It felt really ticklish though.”

His sinisterly smiling face turned into a little troubled one.

“H-hahhahah. As if you lowly piece of sh** got anything bett-”

Thanks to my physical stats amp, my speed increased drastically. So I swiftly appeared in front of him, almost at the speed of sound I guess, and struck before he could finish. I had let out my overflowing rage boiling inside me. Though it wasn’t enough, the punch had slid him back a few metres. I took this as an opportunity and dashed at him again, jumped up while revolving and kicked his chin with immense power that it had sent him flying, crashing hard against the wall. 

It’s been such a long time since I used taekwondo moves, it all got pretty rusty. Well, on one hand the whole class gasped in shock, and here I am, worrying about my taekwondo moves. Maybe I should think about my opponent first who got up limping steadily, not as highly unfazed as my previous opponents were. Lol. Getting distracted is dangerous.

“Y-you a**hole… I’ll f**king kill you...” 

You know, I’m honestly tired of this crap. I wanted to cut this short because I still haven’t forgotten the fact that the whole class hates us. 

“I’ll kill yooooouuu!”

He dashed at me again. Upon reaching, he tried a vertical punch a.k.a an  uppercut but I dodged it easily, moving to the side. I grasped his head, pulled down and knee kicked him right on his face and ended it with a straight jab on his gut, sliding him back.

I had forgotten for a jiffy about my physical amplification skill and poured in a bit too much power. Blood vigorously spewed from his mouth, and as expected, he fell on the ground.

The fact was still shocking that even after the loss of so much blood, he had the strength to stand up, though limping.

 “You...You’re dead. F**king dead…”

It was the second time he repeated something after getting beaten. But no. This time, something was different. I’m unable to perceive what but I could surely feel some disturbance from him. It’s as if...he is using some invisible means to pressure me down, or as if he made the atmosphere above me heavy...What was happening?

[REPORT: High emission of aura detected through ‘Aura Detection’ skill. Mana power of enemy rising to concerning level. Initiating full defence and complete amplification of physical stats...Failure. Physical amplification already initiated...Success. Physical amplification skill crossed the previous limit. The amplified power is more than before.]

I felt something, something from my own body. And that feeling was none other than some sort of weird illumination. A faint glow began emanating, and my added strength roared through my body. Every inch of my muscles were stronger than ever before. 

It wasn’t only me experiencing change, though, but this Venvo too. More likely, his changes were intentional.

I could feel a dark and shivering aura from him. Eyes glowed purplish and steam emanated from his palms. But, I don’t think it was due to heat. Because steam, which usually rises up, was flowing towards the ground. To be specific, it was cold steam.

“You’re dead...You’re dead! Eat this you f**kers!” 

As he shouted, he extended his arms and a projectile of ice shot out of his hands. Freezing everything in its vicinity, it left a trail of ice as it screamed towards us.

I swiftly grasped Aya and sprang from the place, missing the projectile by inches. It hit the wall and froze everything. Even a few surrounding desks! It could’ve been lethal if I hadn’t made my move sooner! He's literally trying to kill us! I could not get any other ideas besides this as it would've been the last minute of our lifetime considering that projectile had hit us.

Keeping that thought in mind I gently placed and let go of Aya. Her face was flushed red. I bet it was due to embarrassment as I was the same, just trying to hide it in me. Because I can't think of such things at this critical moment.

I then stood up facing this Venvo guy with a rather angered than a troubled expression. I was brainstorming for possibilities, possibilities on how I'd counter. Surely, there has to be a way.

If only I knew what skill he was using…

Suddenly a thought crossed my mind. It was more like a realisation, but I just remembered one of my skills.

[Does the young master wish to use the active skill 'Reckoning'?]

Welp, not gonna lie I had forgotten that Great Sage could kind of read my thoughts. Anyways, if I remember correctly, this skill will allow me to know about the opponent's attacks. And this is just the perfect thing I need to know what this guy has just used.

Please do.

[As you wish. Implementing the active skill 'Reckoning'...]

As the voice echoed, everything within my field of vision turned green as if I'm wearing night vision goggles. I believe the reason is my eyes are glowing. And not long after, great sage spoke again-

[REPORT: Success. User is utilizing the unique skill 'Frozen'. The user can control ice and can even create any sort of shape. They can even shoot it in the form of projectiles. Also known as 'Ice manipulation'.]

This…was not the kind of answer I was precisely expecting, but it's okay. At least I've got to know what he was using. I thought great sage would tell me about this Venvo's other skills also.

So now the problem ishow do I counter? This guy was using something called 'Frozen'. And assuming he’s not able to control it at his will, he can only shoot projectiles for now. Then I have to take advantage of it.

Measuring the speed of the last projectile, I will somehow be able to dodge it. Since I was even able to grab Aya and then spring from the place after he shot, it was kind of slow. That means I will have to utilize the dodge-and- attack play.

“Aya, please get a little farther away from here.”

She nodded and moved away. It's possible that while dodging the projectiles one or two might strike her, and I can't take the risk. That's why I told her to flee.

The moment I turned my gaze to the Venvo guy, a projectile was already cruising at me. It was only a few meters away! Out of sudden instinct I sprang and dodged it again, but it doesn't stop here. That piece of crap shot many more projectiles. I evaded most of them, zig-zagging my way through while some still managed to pierce me. Even my amplified speed wasn't enough to dodge all of them. Because he shot multiple within a few milliseconds, it becomes difficult to evade one after the other.

Those some that pierced gave hellish pain. Each projectile that struck felt as if a sharp steel sword handled by Miyamoto Musashi-san slashed me, letting out all his rage through his blade. But I didn't have time to care about it, and tried my best to bear as I strided at him. Because I'm in the middle of a 'life-or-death' situation. Get distracted and it would be the same as buying a direct ticket to the afterlife.
(Miyamoto Musashi-san was the greatest samurai in Japan during the Edo period, the final period of traditional Japan).

After striding and reaching his front, I extended my arm, yelled-

“Better luck next time!”

-and punched him hard which sent him flying back, and eventually crashed against the wall. It was shattered, breaking the area of impact. I had put a considerable amount of power so that would be it. No more of his nonsense, no more of his bullcrap. He would be done for in that strikeor so I thought. Surprisingly, nothing much happened to him apart from getting up staggeringly and limping towards me cursing “you’re dead”, still.

Well, I guess there ain’t no other way. Since one of my powerful punches didn’t work, I do not have any other idea how to counter using Great Sage’s abilities. ButI remember something else. It might not be the safest, in fact, might be the most dangerous thing I have ever done. But I have no other choice.

Great Sage, is my passive skill ‘Mana Amplification’ active?

[ANSWER: Yes. Young Master’s mana level is amplified by ten-folds. Can cast high-level spells.]

With that in mind, I stood with a fighting stance. Some of you might have already gotten the idea that I am about to use magic, and it is indeed true. I heard the incantation during one of the classes when we entered the academy the first time. Apparently, in this incantation something called a Lightning Punch is there. And If I remember correctly, it should be-

“Fulgur...Electricae...Horanos...”

A cyan magic circle formed beyond my hands and I could feel something channelling through my body, most likely being magic power or mana. And this was the very first time I was experiencing something like this. I can’t express my feelings in words, but one thing I knew for sure, that it was wondrous. 

Cyan coloured electric discharges flew out everywhere from me. Soon these tiny discharges transformed into violent sparks, gradually disseminating with zapping sounds and painting the surroundings with a cyan glow.

And this Venvo guy, with all his might, yelled-

“You’re dead! Deaaaddd! Rrhhaaahhh!”

-resulting in the formation of translucent white smoke that began revolving around him. In between them flew sparkling particulate matters, and those formed thousands of tiny-tiny icy spearheads whose size kept increasing as the smoke revolved.

Then something weird began happening. Or I don’t know if it was supposed to be like this, but I started feeling some sort of throbbing and burning sensation all over my skin. It’s as if these sparks are giving electric shocks.

[WARNING: Dangerous volts of electricity passing through the body... Creating resistance against electricity...SUCCESS: Acquired passive skill ‘Electric Shock Resistance’. Implementing the passive skill...]

Wow, Great Sage really is amazing! Julian and Kralus’ words were indeed veracious, I think. And true to Great Sage’s words, the burning sensation slowly disappeared. No, the sparks didn’t go away. They are still emanating from me. I think this passive skill ‘Electric Resistance’ or something resists the feeling of shock only.

But suddenly, every sort of magic or magical element vanished in the blink of an eye. The violent cyan electric sparks and the ice, the magic circles, everything. The whole classroom fell into pin-drop silence as we were shocked and perplexed about the situation. Seriously, what just happened?

3