[Vol. 1] Chapter-3: Magic Academy (9)
46 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gradually, the mysterious fist gave way to the manifestation of the whole figure, and Aya, Katsuro and Reiko were quite surprised, jaws agape and eyes open wide. It was the person whom Hisashi and Aya had met already, the one who wielded thundering magic. Yes. It was Julian Von Ryenne!

Though Aya and the Matsuoka siblings should get exuberant, chills went down their spines as their sights fell on Julian’s terrifying raging eyes. His blood boiled and anger thrummed through his veins like water that blasts down a fully released dam. Julian, the ever-so careless and laid-back guy now had his fist clenched tight, his whole body aura screaming rage, and stomped over to the other two men of Avalanche who quivered with fright. But they nonetheless gathered the courage to dash at him. Each of them brought up floating magenta magic formations and within them appeared their weaponryone had sickle-like weapon, the other had two short swords, both of theirs disseminating black sparks, and the last one had a magic-less Swallow (a pole with blades at either ends).

Springing in the air, under mysterious circumstances, Avalanche’s men halted in their tracks; they were floating in the air without their intention, because their faces screamed it all. Why were they floating? It could only be understood by who came next: through the magically barricaded wall entered a man and a woman, the man was a blondie with a cowlick and emerald glowing eyes, and the woman had long ponytailed crimson hair. The woman, blazing with fire, marched inside fueled by rage in her eyes. Yes. They were Kralus Galianzo and Valentina Mentotsa! But along with them entered another person, this time a student of that very academy, the tall and stern spectacled boy. Their very nerdy class captain. 

“Told you~ I can hold them off! Don’t underestimate my unique skill.”

Said Kralus, to which Valentina snapped-

“Hmph, but it’s nowhere near to my Mystical eyes of Negation!”

“Hmm you’re right. The eyes for killing flies, no way is my skill of such high level.”

-This was the usual Kralus, the sarcasm master who’d even joke during such an intense situation. Kralus now flinched as Valentina intensified her flaming hand and glared at him-

“You wanna die huh?”

“Okay okay chill, we’ve got more important stuff to do now.”

Said Kralus as he threw the three floating men outside.

“And that certain someone is wasting time!”

“Cut your sh** out you two! Valentina, break the magic barricading the door, then take on those four guys outside. Kralus, carry Kurogane boy to the nurse. I’ll Teleport all the kids to the main academy gate, from there the other teachers will escort them out. You too, Glen.”

Julian commanded, his usual playful voice now seething with rage and his fierce eyes manifesting pure hatred. Hatred, not because of their silliness, but because of Avalanche who dared to hurt his students. Avalanche had committed a fatal error, because he dug his own grave by touching Julian’s students. So he would not be showing any mercy against him.

“Yes, sir!”

-Replied the class captain upon Julian’s command. Valentina and Kralus too, nodded, and she shot fierce flames on the magically barricaded door, breaking it to make passage for Kralus, and then leaped out of the building through the broken wall. While Kralus carried Hisashi in his arms.

The lamenting Aya, as some words broke through her sobbing, insisted-

“S-s-sir! I’ll g-go with you to the nurse!”

“Me and my sister too!”

-and Katsuro added. Kralus nodded to both, and with Hisashi on his arms dripping with blood, they scurried to the nurse. 

Julian raised his arms, his sapphire eyes shone and white light devoured the students, including Glen. In a sudden it then flicked out, and everyone; each and every last student vanished from the classroom. It was only Julian now, and with his clenched fist buzzing with cyan sparks, stomped towards Avalanche. Avalanche stood still with his sword grasped, not showing the slightest of movements. Julian was ever-so ready to knock his soul out, when he noticed Avalanche’s wounded abdomen and a few drops of blood where he stood, making him go blank for a few seconds before shifting his thoughts to the only person who fought that man.

Kurogane boy…did that…?

He was astounded, awed, confused, and incredulous that Hisashi, a mere young boy who had come for the first time in that magic academy had managed to inflict such a wound to him. Because after all, Julian knew Avalanche’s strength, how unfathomable his powers were, how sadistic he could get, and contradictory to his behaviour, how violent he could be. Because it wasn’t their first encounterthey've met plenty of times before, and never was it pleasant as a few exchanges of words or firm handshakes.

On the other hand, as Avalanche perceived Julian advancing like a grim reaper hunting for his soul, wasn’t in fright but muttered unsatisfied-

“Still not her, I see.  It is not you who I need. Where is your scho-”

Julian was aware of his power, but never was it enough to startle or back him down. In the blink of an eye, Julian appeared before Avalanche, sparkling with electricity, and swung his leg at him with such great strength that sparks disseminated everywhere and Avalanche zoomed, breaking through the wall, into another classroom. Not sparing a single second, Julian again dashed with tremendous speed and appeared before him, now his fist sparkling, and smashed his head from the top, sending him crashing floors below.

The strength was astounding, the impact was great, and dust rose and filled the surroundings, like winter mists in forests that devoured even at day. The power on his fist was unfathomable, enough to break through something of immeasurable hardness. So it should’ve been enough for Avalanche, or so it seemed.

As the dust settled, Julian immediately perceived that Avalanche was unscathed; he had blocked his fist with his sword! It wasn’t surprising for him though, having been battled countless times.

“I think it’s rude not to let someone finish talking, Mr. Ryenne.”

Avalanche tightened the grip, pushed him back and tried slashing but missed him by a little. Julian leaped back several steps to regain stance.

“Still formal as ever.”

Muttered Julian as Avalanche stood cracking his neck. Then in a sudden, Avalanche vanished from his sight as if he didn’t exist in the first place. He then appeared just before him and swung his sword.

So he’s still got speed.

Thought Julian. But before the sword could slash him, Julian teleported behind Avalanche, triggered dissemination of electricity from his fist, and slammed the back of his neck. Avalanche this time zoomed, breaking through many walls and across many classrooms. The dorsal side of the neck is a very effective area for bringing down enemies.

“Is this your true strength?”

Said Avalanche as he stood up and marched up to him. Though Julian should be surprised, his face told otherwise. It’s as if he expected  him to be unscathed even after that.

“Because I’m afraid it would not be enough to stop me…”

He now held his sword up high, then revolved it as though creating a circle in the air.

“Demonic arts: Weapons of Asmodeus…”

Muttered Avalanche, and a magenta magic circle appeared through which an incredible number of dark blades appeared.

“...Hellshower blades!”

The blades roared at Julian like rain during a thunderstorm. He created a wall, out of electricity, in an instant and held off his ground as the blades rained at him and didn’t seem to end at all. It proved difficult fending each and every sharp blade off of him. After a while, though, the blades stopped showering. The magic circle broke off, and drops of blood fell on the floor from Avalanche. But he didn’t give up, revolving his sword again which created another magic circle. But this time-

“Demonic Arts: Weapons of Asmodeus…Claymore of death!”

-a big and long dark sword manifested through the circle, and it zoomed at Julian. Devouring and destroying everything in its vicinity, it thrashed its way towards him. But, Julian was not interested in dragging the fight any longer. He wanted to end it.

At that time, the atmosphere felt odd, the air around them became heavier as if gravity increased by two-folds, and a melancholic creep squirmed down Avalanche’s spine. Avalanche could, for sure, feel the disturbance, but Julian stood without the slightest of movements as the dark blade stormed at him. Julian brought up his hand and pointed at the massive sword, and, to much of one’s surprise, the sword struck Julian’s fingertip and was halted in its tracks! The ground below Julian, like a ripple from a water droplet, cracked up and debris and dust devoured the room.

“Maybe I am stupid, heh. Talk about showing no mercy yet holding back…”

 


Heyy there everyone! Hiroshi here! Apologies for the absence—and I won't confess a reason for doing so, because it would seem like a pure 'excuse' (it's actually due to time constraints, since I'm still in high school). Though, it's absolutely refreshing to be joining back on this amazing platform to meet you, my beloved readers again.

But this absence didn't go in vain; I tried my best to improve my grammar and other crucial aspects of storytelling. And I hope you'll keep on reading! Because, I guarantee, you'll definitely crawl to the edges of your seats. This is not exactly your usual cliche ' other-world fantasy' story haha (I know many authors say so contrary to their work, trust me, mine will not be, I think :p)

0