Backyard Pool of Thinking
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We woke up late Today, therefore we had to rush it to our Shop and open.

 

As the First customer came in, Minutes after our Opening, we had few Flowers on Display. Asuka and I dashed to the Backyard and harvest as many as we could before returning and turning our very lacking Stocks into actual ones.

 

Miyu looks at the Time, staring into it.
Asuka - Miyu?
Miyu - Should we eat Lunch? Or squeeze through the Day with some Snacks?
- I’d say Snacks, I don’t want to rush Lunch.

Miyu - True. In that case… Here. 

 

The young Lady opens a few Bars of… dried Food?
Miyu - Cereal, with some dried Fruit in it. I have quite a few more. So eat up.
Asuka - Dried Fruit?! Thank you Miyu~!

Miyu - Don’t mention it. Ehehe… | Quite good these dried Fruits.

 

It feels as if the moment we turn the Sign on our Door… Customers magically appear. 

 

Just like this one. An Old Woman as well.

 

Old Woman - Greetings, Young one…
Miyu - Hello Ma’am.
Old Woman - I’d like on of each, please.
Miyu - Of course. 

The young Lady gently packs the Old Woman’s desired Flowers in a large piece of Paper and hands it to the Customer.

 

Old Woman - Thank you. It’s very kind of you. How much… is it…? | She seems tired…
Miyu - These ones are the extra Ones we have today. Please take it as a Gift.
Old Woman - Ohohoho… What a kind Lady you are. Thank you my Dear.
Miyu - Have a Great Day!

 

Asuka - Well done. Miyu.
Miyu - Thanks. I really didn’t want to take her Money, any of it.
- That’s the kind Soul we have as our Lady.
Miyu - Now now, flattering won’t earn you extra Snacks, Drago. | Heh?!

 

Asuka - Ahahaha! Look at his Onii-sama’s Face!
Miyu - What’s up Drag--Ahahahaha!
The feeling of… emptiness… My Stomach…. No extra Snacks? Goodness above.... 

 

My Face, my Eyes…. Staring into the Ground as the Ladies Laugh joyfully.


Miyu - That was… Hah… A good laugh. Drago, are you okay?

- Yes. Now I am.
Asuka - You were quite sad before. That emotionless Stare. 

- Sorry about that, Ladies.

The Door opens again. 

Young Girl - Hey~! I heard that you’re selling Flowers?

Miyu - Take your Pick.

 

Young Girl - My Friends told me that they have mystical effects. Can you tell me a little about each?
Miyu - Blue one’s have a soothing effect on any Person, but they enjoy it best around Couples. The Red ones can deepen your Bond. But only after it feels safe and at Home.
Young Girl - Wow…. I never thought Flowers are like this… Now I have a new problem…

 

Miyu - Which one to pick?
Young Girl - Yeah…. My Boyfriend is coming Home from a business Trip Today… So… | Isn’t… that a little late to still be Girlfriend and Boyfriend? 

 

Miyu - You can get one of Blue and Red. I’d recommend you get two of each rather. Place one of each in your Bedroom. And the other two around the House were you two spend most of the Time in.
Young Girl - Super good Idea! Thanksies!

 

The young Girl picks two of each and places them on Miyu’s Counter before she packages them nicely.
With hasty Hands, Miyu types the prices into her Register.
Young Girl - You should charge more. Here.
Miyu - Thanks… I will keep your Feedback in mind.

 

Young Girl - Thanks a bunch for the Help! Take care! | There she goes. Happier than when she entered.

 

Miyu - We helped another Couple, the feeling is great everytime.
Asuka - Agreed.
- Same here. It’s nice. 

 

The Day progressed, with a large increase of Customers. As it came to an End… We slowly close up.
Miyu - Done. One more Door to lock and then we can go.
Asuak and I exit the Shop into the Backyard and wait for Miyu to lock the Backdoor as well.

 

Miyu - The Fishes have Food, I locked the Doors. That’s it for Today. | Miyu checks the Pond for Food and another one at the Door.

Returning to us, she hops onto Asuka. My Sister shoots Home. I’ll try once more to catch up, which I don’t think will end too well for me.

 

In the End, Asuka gently lands without Trouble. 

 

Exhausted and Panting, I join them.
Miyu - You two wait out here. I’ll be right back.
- Y..Yeah…
Asuka - Onii-sama, are things wrapping up in the Spirit World?
- Don’t know… Asuka… We’ll have to visit soon, I guess.

 

Asuka - Winter is coming and… I really want to stay indoors then. Oh! And play with Miyu outside! 

- By Winter? Oho! It’ll be done by then. I promise.
Asuka - Yay~! I can spend time with Onii-sama and Miyu! | Joyful little Dragon.

 

The Sun jumps from behind the Clouds, blasting its Power onto us. Quickly we hide in the Shades. Miyu rushes out as well, Akano close behind her.

Akano - Ara? Ah! Miyu, there.
Miyu - What do think?

The young Lady flashes her new Swimsuit. It’s not revealing, nor does it expose any particular Part of her Body.
- I say it’s excellent. Suits you, the colour matches your Hair as well.
Miyu - Ehehe… I know, right?

Asuka - It’s really cute. I agree with my Onii-sama. It suits you really well.

Miyu - Thanks Guys! Let’s jump right in!

 

Akano - Hold on~!
Miyu - Mama?
Akano - I will send your Father shortly for Things we need. Do you three need anything specific?

 

Asuka - Snacks!
Miyu - Yes! Snacks!

Akano - Snacks, got it. Drago?
- Eh… I don’t need or want anything specific….
Akano - There’s always the next Time when shopping. So… I’ll be going then. Have fun!

Miyu - Thanks, Mama!

 

Asuka - Can we Jump in?
Miyu - Come on! | Asuka shoots off into the Pool. Miyu joins her swiftly.

 

Sploosh!

 

Splash!

 

Water flies everywhere, my Body gets soaked even though I’m nowhere near the Pool. 

Miyu - Drago~! Come on!

Obeying my Lady’s Words, I slither towards the Pool and slide in casually. Floating up to the Surface like a Log.
Asuka- Onii-sama?
Miyu - Dragon Log!

 

The Joy I just heard from Miyu’s Voice is enough to seal any Wound someone might have. But never will I let anyone else close to her. Nor to Asuka. They’re my Family, just like Akano and Haru will always be.

 

Miyu climbs onto my Back. I can hear her paddling with her Feet. Gradually I move forwards at an increasing speed.
- Miyu, please slow down.
Miyu - Eh… Let me… | I feel her Feet paddle in the opposite direction now. 

 

I come to a stop. Asuka stares at me, probably asking herself what I do.
Asuka - Onii-sama?
- Yes?
Asuka - Try to stear with your Tail. I think it’s going to work.
- Alright. Miyu?

 

The Paddling begins, I stear towards my Sister. Miyu continues to paddle.
Asuka - Onii-sama? Onii-sama! Onii-sama~! | With a flick of my Tail, I change Course and avoid colliding with my dear Sister.

 

Asuka - Onii-sama~... you’re a meanie~!
- Sorry…
Miyu - Drago, let’s rest for a bit. Let’s cool off, Asuka.

 

Asuka and I exit the Pool and lie onto the, Pla… Plaf… Plastic, of the Pool’s Edges. 

Miyu - Guys…. I was thinking of closing Shop for this Year.
Asuka - Not a bad Idea, though maybe we should hold it open a week or so more. 

Miyu - That’s the Problem I faced while briefly thinking about this…

 

Miyu - The Weather will get colder starting next Week. You might even say it starts today. The Wind is definitely going faster than earlier this Month.
Asuka - Indeed. But… Shouldn’t we get a little more Profit out of this Year’s Summer?

 

Miyu - Summer kind of ends really soon… It’s almost September. Students will return to School and that’s when Spring comes.
- We should sell the Flowers that we have this Week, then on… Friday we’ll take them inside our Home until next Year.

 

Asuka - Woah! And we can still make a bit more Profit as well!
Miyu - Great thinking Guys.
Asuka - We thought together. We’re a Team~!

Miyu - We are indeed. The World’s best. 

 

The Door to the House opens, Haru steps out.
Haru - Drago! Can I talk to you for a second?

- On my way. | Wonder what he requires…?

 

Approaching Haru, away from the Ladies’ Hearing.
Haru - I feel like I’m luring Apparitions to our House lately. Can you help?
- Apparitions? We haven’t seen any for a while now. 

 

Haru - That’s part of the Problem. I fear that one Day, I’ll be careless and bring them Home. Again.
- I see. Least you can do, so we don’t jump the Train… When you head to the Store, think of the Love of your Wife. Your Family. 

 

Haru - That simple?
- It’s a temporary Solution only. It’s for testing if they are following you.
Haru - Aha… Thankfully my Wife is staying at Home.
- It’s a relief. Not only for you. | Haru smiles at me.

Haru - I understand. 

 

Haru - Just to recap… I just have to think of my Wife’s Love?
- Yes, they will lose their interest in you soon. 

 

Haru - But… Miyu and Akano, what about them?
- They’re gifted. They have other Problems that require the presence of a Spirit.
Haru - You’re here for that, right?

 

- If anything gets close to either of them, I will return it to its Origin. Wherever that might be.
Haru - Thank you, Drago. It… it helps a lot.
- We’re Family, Haru. We have to help one another.

Haru - Couldn’t agree more.

 

- Do remember to look around before you enter the Home next Time. They could be waiting for your carelessness and strike just then.
Haru - Isn’t there a fool-proof Solution?

 

If he wants guaranteed safety when returning Home…

- Asuka! Come here please.
Asuka - Coming~! | With happy steps, my Sisters sits beside me. 

 

Asuka - What is it, Onii-sama?
- Haru thinks he’s attracting Apparitions to the Home. 

Asuka - Uhm… That’s rare…

 

- Not for ungifted People. Remember, Haru wasn’t born with it.
Haru - Asuka, your Brother granted me the Honour of seeing you. Otherwise, I’d be… not seeing you….

Asuka - Don’t dwell on the negative. It only brings harm. Let’s see now… Do you have an Item that you carry around all the Time, even in the House?
Haru - My Wedding Ring. 

 

Asuka and I exchange a Glance at eachother.
- Haru, that’s the solution.
Haru - I don’t get it really… 

 

Asuka - Your Wife loves you. Therefore your Love for her and vice versa, is transmitted through these Rings. They’re a symbol of your Dedication, Care and Love for her.

Haru - Then… I don’t have to worry anymore?

 

Asuka - If you don’t loose it…
Haru - I wouldn’t dare to think of it. It’s the best Gift I have received. Miyu is the greatest I have.
- Well spoken. Now, as long as you Love your Wife everyday of your Life, nothing will come close to the Home. 

 

Haru - Then… Are Apparitions afraid of Love?
Asuka - In a way… It’s hard to say what their fears are. But some are obvious, like my Onii-sama here.
- Pretty much.

 

Haru takes a moment to stare at his Ring.
- The most logical and common thing that we Dragons understood after serving Human for Centuries, is that Apparitions don’t have interest in People that are, not, gifted.

 

But…

 

- As your Case is special, it’s hard to say what it is. That you are not gifted from Birth on, your Love for your Wife and Daughter.
Asuka - Or simply because of your dedication to your Family.

 

Haru - So… These things are not after me then?
- Most likely. But I wouldn’t get careless. They can get interested in the Weirdest Things. Like Trashcans and… Light Poles. 

Haru - That’s… really weird…
- Yup…

 

Haru - In that case… I’ll be careful. Thanks a bunch, Drago, Asuka. I really thank you.
- Don’t overdo the carefulness.
Asuka - Agreed.
The Father heads back inside with a bright smile on his Face.

 

Back to Miyu, she seems to be figuring Things out.

Miyu - Glad you resolved it.
Asuka - Good Ears, Miyu.
- Indeed.
Miyu - Thanks, but it was quite obvious what he wanted. Especially since he looked at his Ring so much. 

 

Asuka - Did your Mother tell you about some Things regarding Apparitions?
Miyu - She did. Even tells me the deeper bits nowadays. Even though I know most of them.
- Regardless, you’re Mother is the Heir of the Sakurai Family, but so are you. 

 

Miyu - I know our History, it’s super interesting~! But back to our Work…
Asuka - Did you find the Solution, Miyu?

Miyu - We’ll do what we all said. Sell the last Harvest of Flowers, then pack everything up for the Winter and wait until next Summer.
- The Shop is quite sturdy, no need for constant checkups on it. 

 

Miyu - Good. I’d hate to work the entire Winter. What do you Guys say?
Asuka - Splendid Solution, Miyu.
- Well thought, Miyu.
Miyu - Happy you two agree. Now then~... Let’s enjoy this bit of Summer that’s left.

Asuka and I rest on our old Spots, our Heads rest close to Miyu’s. The Sun is gracing the Earth around us.
The Trees around give grant us their Protection against it.

Knowing Miyu, we’ll have loads of splashing and Dragon Boating, Logging Today. Can’t wait for it. Nor can Asuka, by the looks of it.

 

Towards a phenomenal Day.

0