Remembering my past life
934 7 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Remembering my past life

I can still vaguely remember it being a hot summer day when the past me decided to go to the local lake and enjoy its calming presence. I went downstairs, walked into the garage and jumped on my bike before writing an SNS message to my past parents telling them I was going to take a small tour around the lake with my boat.

While riding my bike through the town the past me reminisced about the last few months of my former life: Following my graduation from Highschool I took a college exam at a famous university and successfully passed it.

Right after celebrating the success with friends, my former family helped me to prepare for my upcoming college life as an independent young man and the necessary arrangements were finally finished the day before.

Arriving at the dock where my boat was located, my former self prepared to set sail towards the lake's opposite side. Finishing the preparations I guided the boat through the lake while the hull of the boat was gently pushed by the incoming waves.

As I gazed up and looked at the sky, I saw it was slowly but steadily filled with clouds growing darker with each minute that passed. Within half an hour it started to rain – At first there were only some gentle water drops but the rain soon increased to the size of a fully-fledged storm.

Lightning filled my vision and thunder roared in my ears. I began to fear for my life and hoped I would reach the safety of the haven a dozen miles away from my current location. The last thing I felt was a shocking burning sensation traveling through my body and the blurring of my vision which gradually turned dark.

OOO

Saying that waking up with the memories of a past life as a six-year-old boy is a surprising experience would be a serious understatement. The sheer amount of shock and confusion would render anybody panicked and screaming hysterically which I did after waking up in a hospital.

The nurses and doctors rushed to my bed trying to calm me down. They spoke something but I was too panicked to listen to them. When I eventually composed myself, they left me saying my parents would soon be informed of my health condition and I could leave the hospital after passing some medical checks.

About an hour passed before I saw my parents walking into the hospital ward I was in while speaking to a nurse and shooting me some worrying glances. My father was a tall man with broad shoulders and tanned skin. His thick eyebrows underlined the serious expression on his face, further enhanced by his short dark hair and charcoal-like eyes.

My mother on the other hand looked petite in contrast to him: She was even shorter than most of the nurses and generally looked rather fragile. Her artistically braided shoulder long hair was like her eyes of a dark shade of purpure. The feeling she gave off was one of gentleness and calmness and upon seeing her my panic significantly decreased.

They immediately rushed to my bed after being permitted to do so by the nurse. The thick arms of my father were carefully wrapped around my body and I could smell his familiar scent.My body automatically reacted to their presence and I silently cried a bit at the thought of losing my parents from my last life but I was even more glad my current parents loved me so much.

Later that day I was released from the hospital together with my parents. We walked towards our house while being basked with the gentle warmth of the sun at dusk and arrived at a little building next to a blacksmith workshop.

When I walked into our house, I again sensed a feeling of familiarity running through my body. My mother said I should go to sleep because the doctors said my body was still exhausted and needed more rest.

I silently nodded and headed upstairs turning around a corner and walked into my room. As I observed my room, I closed the door behind me, went to my bed where I laid in it and began to close my eyes to ponder about my recent surreal experience.

How would amnesiac people feel if they suddenly regained some of their memories? Confused? Shocked? Happy? What would they do? Well, I was mentally exhausted and felt terrible after regaining the memories of my past life. But I was pretty sure I was still Takumi Kenjo the son of Ryuzen Kenjo and Yoko Kenjo living inside a Ninja village called Konoha.

My memories from my past life were blurry and fragmented: I can’t remember my name or the names of the people I was close with: Be it family, friends or any acquaintances in general.

However, I knew I wanted to major in engineering and build rockets. I also can clearly remember the love my former family gave me and the overwhelming despair of dying and never seeing your loved ones again. Sadly the rest of my memories are lost.

I also knew I was now living in the world of Naruto which was a popular anime my past self liked to watch as a child and teenager. After thinking for a bit and going through my memories the major events of the Naruto World that are troubling are as follow:

-Black Zetsu is created by Kaguya Otsutsuki moments before she was sealed

-Madara Uchiha is manipulated by Black Zetsu and devises the Infinite Tsukuyomi Plan

-Danzo Shimura creates Root

-Tsunade Senju leaves Konoha after giving up her Ninja life

-Rin Nohara gets killed and Obito Uchiha joins Madara’s side

-Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki die while resealing the Nine-Tails Kurama

-Orochimaru defects from Konoha

-The Uchiha Clan is massacred by Itachi Uchiha

-Orochimaru marks Sasuke Uchiha during the Chunin exams in the Forest of Death and kills the third Hokage Hiruzen Sarutobi

-Sasuke Uchiha defects from Konoha

-Akatsuki plans to capture all Tailed Beasts under the leadership of Pain (Nagato)

-Pain attacks Konoha

-The fourth Ninja World war begins

-Kabuto Yakushi revives countless dead elites and fights together with 100,000 Zetsus the Allied Shinobi Forces

-Kaguya is revived after Black Zetsu betrays Madara

As I was going through the major events that needed to be considered I began to panic: I tried to deny my memories. Maybe this was just a bad dream and I would soon awake. How could the world I live in be a fictional story created to entertain people? But I slowly began to realize my memories of my past life were real.

After the initial panic, I calmed down myself and began to think of my future course of action: While I am still Takumi Kenjo a six-year-old boy, I also have memories of my past life. I could prevent future tragedies and I could use the knowledge to protect my family. That day I decided I would become strong enough to prevent the future I knew of.

OOO

Waking up in a refreshed state, I slowly opened my eyes and stared at the rooftop. The chirping sounds of various birds could be heard and I slowly got up from my bed. Doing some basic stretches I thought in my head:

‘If I want to prevent the future tragedies I know of, I need to become much stronger. Many problems are sadly only solvable if you have enough strength. And while I know the Hokage does deeply care for his people, he still is an authoritarian dictator whose words are essentially the law.’

‘But what are my options though? Ninjutsu is only taught to you if you are from a Ninja Clan or attend the Academy which is also the only way a civilian child like myself can legally learn Ninjutsu. But the Ninjutsus taught by the Academy are in comparison rather simple and only the basic ones like the Transformation Jutsu or Clone Jutsu are introduced.’

‘Moreover, complex Ninjutsus are only passed on by the assigned Jonin Teachers to the members of his or her Team after their Academy graduation or by the older members of a Ninja Clan to the younger members. In addition, the Clans also have their own secret Ninjutsus they vehemently guard leading to their refusal to train any civilian child in Ninjutsu.’

‘So learning Ninjutsu in my current situation is not possible but I could start on some basic Chakra control exercises like the Leaf Concentration exercise. Besides good Chakra Control can only be beneficial later on and is a requirement for casting Genjutsus and applying medical Jutsus.’

‘That leaves Taijutsu as the only viable option but I’m still growing so I shouldn’t push my body to the extreme. I could also train my dexterity which will come in handy if I use a weapon or Hand Seals to perform Ninjutsu.’

‘Well, that reminds me why I was even brought to the hospital in the first place: I was playing with the neighborhood kids a form of tag called “Ninja” near a river when I was fleeing from my pursuer and stumbled hitting my head against the rocks of the riverbed. My mother told me I had a mild concussion and I shouldn’t play near the river again.’

“Takumi! Breakfast is ready! Come downstairs! Your father wants to talk to you!”

Yelled my mother who had a surprisingly loud voice compared to her body. How does she do that?!?!? Sometimes I can understand why my intimidating-looking father always obediently listens to my mother and only nods if a sign of confirmation is needed.

While wondering why my father wanted to talk with me I quickly changed into my casual clothes and washed my face in the bathroom. Walking downstairs I could smell my favorite dish: Freshly fried bacon with eggs paired with a bowl of steamy rice and a glass of orange juice ­­­­­­– Truly a gift from heaven!

My mother stood in the kitchen preparing the dishes and my father sat in a comically small chair for his size eating large amounts of food. I could sense something was different and the glances my parents gave each other only cemented my suspicion. I walked towards my seat on the table and sat down.

“Takumi, you’re already six years old and your mother and I think it’s time you learn the family business. While I don’t want to force you to become a blacksmith, I can say from my experiences being a blacksmith is a respectable and honorable occupation.”

“…We live in a Ninja village which is in constant need of weapons and a good blacksmith can be more valuable to the village and earn more than some Jonin Ninjas. And if you fail to……graduate from the Academy you can still become an excellent blacksmith.”

I was slightly shocked by my father’s words. The chances for passing the Academy and being assigned to a Team under a Jonin were slim for civilians like us. But still, I childishly believed I could make it into one of the Teams. Moreover, I subconsciously thought that with my memories from my past life I could at least become a competent Jonin if I trained hard enough.

“I-I…understand. I will try my best to learn as much as possible!”

I whispered loud enough for them to hear and judging by the look my father gave off and the relaxing shoulders of my mother I could see they were relieved. My father grabbed his large glass and chucked half of its content in one go.

“You were always a bright child and if you start at an early age you can definitely master the art of forging within a decade. While your mother and I have…different views on your wish to become a Ninja, we both respect your opinion and sincerely hope you can successfully enter the Academy in a month and graduate from it.”

A feeling of warmth began to swell inside my chest after hearing his words. Looking down at the table I was glad to have been born twice into families who loved me so dearly. I silently sat at the round kitchen table and something wet on my face slowly dripped onto my bowl.

Suddenly I could feel a gentle warm hug behind my enveloping me with my mother’s love. I could feel how my mother raised her chin from my head and looked towards my father. He quickly stood up from his chair, walked towards us and hugged both me and my mother with his large arms. We enjoyed the silence for a while before my mother broke out from my father’s hug and told us to prepare for the upcoming day.

OOO

“Many people think the act of forging simply only involves heating some metallic ore, mixing it and hammering on it but the truth is only someone with enough experience in smithing can successfully forge a good weapon.”

“It takes years to build up the necessary amount of experience so nothing can be rushed. The timings and details of each step must be carefully memorized by heart.”

“Did you understand what I said Takumi?”

Standing beside my father I watched the smithing process feeling the heat the metal was emitting. I replied with an enthusiastic “Yes!” and continued to observe him.

“Ding! Ling! Ding! Ling!” sounded the bells on the entrance of the blacksmith shop signaling the arrival of a potential customer. I looked towards my father who didn’t stop hammering down on the piece of metal.

“Go receive the customer Takumi. Tell them I’m still working on a piece of equipment and will come later to greet them. If they want to buy something from the store just let them pay the price written on the price tag.”

After nodding to him I rushed to the door connecting the blacksmith shop with the smithing room and opened it. At the entrance stood a Ninja wearing an outfit marked with the Clan symbol of the Senju Clan.

On his right side was a little blond girl who looked about my age and curiously scanned the equipment the store had to offer. As her eyes traveled from each weapon to the next, she glanced at me as I walked towards the Senju Ninja bowing to him.

“I’m Takumi Kenjo the son of smith Ryuzen Kenjo and welcome you to the Kenjo blacksmith shop dear customer! What service may you require from us today?”

“Well, I’m Takashi Senju and this here is Princess Tsunade who is going to get her personal weapons…Normally Mr. Kenjo greets his clients after they enter the store if he isn’t too occupied with something important. So I assume he’s still forging something in the smithing room?”

“Yes, my father is still forging some equipment so he told me to receive the customer. May I know what weapon Princess Tsunade needs?”

“Some Kunais or Shurikens would be good as a starter. While Princess Tsunade is using the Clan equipment to practice her throws some personal equipment is going to be necessary since she is going to the Academy in a few weeks.”

“Hmm, I see.”

Pondering for a bit I began to walk towards the throwing weapons section of the store. There I picked up two boxes and turned around before walking back to give them to the Senju Ninja. He opened both boxes which respectively contained a set of 15 Kunais or Shurikens.

“These Kunais and Shurikens are smaller than the standard sized Kunais and Shurikens. As a result, their handling is easier for children like Princess Tsunade.”,

I said while thinking the me from my past life would have been slightly horrified at the thought of specialized weapons for children and selling them in the open. But the world I now live in is in constant need of fighters so it makes sense that there is equipment for children.

“As expected from Mr. Kenjo the weapons are of high quality. But I’ve got to say you’re pretty mature for a kid unlike Princess Tsunade here who always throws a tantrum if she doesn’t get what she wants.”,

Chuckled the Senju Ninja while patting Princess Tsunade’s head who instantly blushed all over her face before punching the adult Ninja with a ridiculous amount of force sending him out of the shop through the shop window.

“I CAN BE MATURE IF I WANT TO, YOU JERK! YOU JUST HAVEN’T SEEN IT BECAUSE YOU KEEP ANNOYING ME!”

A coughing sound could be heard outside the store indicating the Senju Ninja was still alive. He stood up and patted his shoulders before walking into the store slightly embarrassed and said to Princess Tsunade:

“You can’t always use violence to solve your problems Tsunade. By punching me through the window you’ve shattered it.”

“Now we’ve to apologize and pay for the damage you caused. What would grandma Mito say to you knowing what you’ve done?”

Fear could be seen on Princess Tsunade’s face after the Senju Ninja mentioned her grandmother’s name. But it was quickly replaced by a look of embarrassment and she turned her head towards me stuttering:

“I-I’m very sorry for the damage! M-My Clan can pay for the broken window! I didn’t mean to break something in the store! I-I can help you to pick up the glass shards if you want!”

“Now now. You don’t need to panic Princess Tsunade. I’ll speak to your grandmother and she’ll inform the Clan to prepare the necessary amount of money. But you should learn from your mistakes and properly apologize.”

The Senju Ninja said while affectionately patting Princess Tsunade’s head. Princess Tsunade again blushed resulting in a chuckle from the Senju Ninja. He then turned around before looking at me for a moment.

“Could you kindly inform your father that Princess Tsunade from the Senju Clan has accidentally damaged a window in your shop?”

“Of course, the Senju Clan will recompense the resulted damage and a representative of the Senju Clan will later come to the store to pay for the broken window.”

“I-I understand! I will inform my father now!”

I ran to the door that leads to the smithing room. After opening it I searched for my father and found him standing beside the furnace and cooling the freshly forged Sword in a solution of oils. He turned around and asked me what happened.

“Princess Tsunade has accidentally broken a window and the Senju Ninja accompanying her asked me to inform you a representative of the Senju Clan will later come. W-What should I do now?”

Thinking for a bit my father looked down and began to ponder. A couple of seconds passed before he looked up and glanced at the door leading to the store. He slowly opened his mouth and spoke:

“…Go back to the Senju Ninja and tell him I’m okay with his arrangement. You also should pick up the broken glass pieces if you can. Also please let your mother know of what happened so she can organize the installing of a new window.”

Nodding to him I returned to the store and told the Senju Ninja my father’s words. He nodded before properly apologizing together with Princess Tsunade and left the store after buying the two boxes of Kunais and Shurikens. As they left the store Princess Tsunade stared at the glass fragments before turning around and assured me she would later come back to help me.

OOO

While gathering up the broken glass shards from the ground I heard someone running to my location. Looking up I saw Princess Tsunade approaching me with frightening speed before stopping in front of me.

“If it doesn’t bother you would it be okay to help you? By the way, you can call me Tsunade if you want. Adding “Princess” to my name really feels embarrassing, you know?”

“If you insist Tsunade…You can call me Takumi if you want.”

I smiled at her and together we began to gather up the broken pieces of glass. Turning my head to the left side I looked at her diligently picking the splinters up and throwing them into the wooden box my father gave me to put the glass shards into it.

‘Tsunade really is as violent as rumored but she is also quite kind. Still, how does she accurately throw the broken pieces into the box? Is it because of her Ninja training at her clan? Well, she is really nice so maybe we could become friends.’

“We are probably going to meet in the future because I’m also going to attend the Academy……You seem quite nice so let’s be friends!”

“Yeah! You also are quite nice so let’s be friends!”,

Tsunade shouted before smiling at me. We continued to work for about 10 minutes and bid each other farewell afterward. I returned to the store and walked into the smithing room thinking:

‘Well, that was an eventful day for my first day as a smithing apprentice.’

 

21