6 – Power is Everything
180 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  It was a hint, and Styril understood her words since he was not as dense as certain characters. Though, he could not afford to linger around such thoughts as for now and focused on the matter in hand— Venia's powers. 

  "Before we dive into your powers, let me elaborate on the wonders of it. The parts, functions, and the way they work together! Such is beautiful!" Spreading out his only arm and tossing his umbrella aside, he let the rain pour down on him. A large smile plastered on his face as he grunted, indulging in his knowledge. 

  "Umm, but, I think I don't need to know-" Venia's lips were then sealed with one of Styril's fingers. 

  "I know, I know, it's hard to contain the excitement to know more about it. I can relate a lot, so I'll be more than happy to explain," He said while wiping the small tear from the edges of his eyes. 

  "But- hmm, alright fine then. It could be useful, I guess?" 

  "Power presents in each one of us. There's no such thing as powerlessness as all of us are born with respective unique powers. But most of the population in the world have theirs sealed away by their vital organ— the brain," Styril explained with his hands throwing gestures to emphasise his words. 

  With an index finger on her chin, Venia asked, "Isn't mana the most vital factor to obtain power, though?"

  "That's what most people knew, but only a few knew the fact that the brain acts as the receiver and relay for the mana. For example, like mail delivery, the brain acts as the mailman. While our body merely acts as a mailbox for mana."

  "So, the faster the process of the brain, the better the usage of mana or power?" 

  Styril shook his head and waved his hand, as a pair of translucent chairs appeared. He gestured to her to take a seat, and she did so almost immediately. 

  "Technically yes, but that still depends on the capability of your thinking. The usual stuff, if you're hesitant or idiotic, you'll be slow, otherwise, it is faster. Unless the power is not used for fighting." 

  Venia tilted her head again, gazing down with her lips curved down, "You mentioned that most people's powers were sealed… are you suggesting that there's a way to unseal it?"

  Styril snapped his fingers as he pointed at her with a grin, "Yes there is, sharp girl! The unsealing method is peculiar— using power to unlock powers. Like magnets but instead, the same poles attract… but not everyone can perform such a feat." 

  "You're one of them perchance?"

  "Yes, yes! I am one of them, though a bit of correction… I'm the last one to be exact."

  "What happened?" 

  Smile stiffened, his eyes softened for a moment. Shot up from his chair, he spun the umbrella at his fingertips, "Now now, the main focus right now is your power. So, let us move on, shall we?"

  Frowning for a bit, Venia shrugged, "F-fine, I'll ask again next time since you got me interested." 

  "If we see the same sky again, I'll tell you. Bring your head closer, I can't unseal your powers without skin contact. Though, you can't walk back from this path once you walk on it, any thoughts of your family?"

  She closed her eyes and brought her head closer, "I don't have one, nor do I care if I ever had one." 

  "Foolish of me to ask," Styril chuckled as white golden particles shrouded around his hand. Forming a glove of the said colour, etched with an insignia of thorns of an aged rose shrub. 

  He placed his palm on her head as a golden glow dimmed underneath, "The seal existed in both forms, physical and spiritually. The former is a hardened piece of the brain, small but sturdy where the latter resides."

  Whistling and humming, gentle tune waves around them forming a calm melody. The sound waves concentrated within Venia's head, giving her somewhat peaceful instrumental music.

  Sweating, he gritted his teeth while breathing heavily in the process, "Softening or breaking down the piece would weaken the spiritual seal and allow my power to attract yours. Doing so would break the seal entirely and draw out the power that resides in you." 

  After a few moments, the golden glow dispersed. He took a deep breath while using the rainwater to wash the sweat off his face, "Done, your powers should automatically be activated to show its nature due to first exposure of mana." 

  Opening her eyes wide, she was in awe as her mouth gaps, "My e-eyes, I could see more! There's data for everything I gaze at!" 

  "Data, information, all of it given to you for your advantage. In other words, clairvoyance."

  Venia turned her gaze to him, eye contact, "How could you know? Like, I'm the one experiencing it right now and not you."

  "I can see the ability of the powers when unsealing them," Coughing, he covered his mouth with his palm as the glove disintegrated into particles. Eyes closed, his eyebrows twitching as he kept his focus ahead. 

  "Are you fine, Styril?" Venia asked, touching his shoulders while slightly pulling his t-shirt. Looking at him in a different shade of light. 

  "No need to worry, these are only minor side effects. Go indulge in the curiosity of your newly discovered power." 

  "Lies, my powers are telling me that your body is experiencing a gradual build-up of internal injuries that eventually become major."

  "You're learning fast, so please, catch me— I feel a bit weak," Bits of blood slipping off the edges of his lips. Walking trippy, his movement was woozy. 

  Directions and lines of trajectory formed in her sight. Calculations digitalised in her retina, informing her of the precise estimations at the moment. Tossing off her umbrella, she quickly caught Styril from falling, supporting his weight with her body as she crossed his arm over her shoulders, "I got you."

  A loud bang of metal resonated throughout the alleyway, as Styril's ears perked up, "Behind us-!"

   Venia glanced from her shoulder, a line of trajectory formed in her vision. A small glinting metallic projectile heading towards Styril — a bullet. 

  

Unedited, sorry for the late release, I took much time sketching the characters. Styril, Venia and Enyo character design should be out in a few more chapters or the next one.

   

Who's character design do you want to see first?
  • Styril Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Venia Loveless Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Enyo the Wind (Enyo Gale) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 16
8