Chapter 11 A Fight Like None Other
34 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Everyone was gaping at the impossible feat accomplished by Allen, standing straight up on the water, Allen himself was looking down as he saw his legs were a bit submerged inside and his control was a bit shaky. 

'I see, it really is harder than walking on a still vertical plane.' Allen closed his eyes and slightly controlled his chakkar circulation, with the help of spiritual force he was able to quickly understand the dynamic of his accomplishment, he wasn't doing anything wrong. Allen just needed a bit more practice. 

Allen opened his eyes and looked at Faisel who was flabbergasted. They both looked at each other as Allen took his first step, He swayed but controlled his movement, the second step his foot emerged outside and after a few more steps he was standing completely still with the sole of his shoe elevated just above the surface. 

*Clang*

"I really like the ocean and also adore the fishes, I was just thinking about what to feed them but the answer is right before me!" Allen took his sword out and smiled like a devil as he sprinted before his target.

Faisel was able to wake himself away from the shock and also took his sword out with a ferocious expression. He instantly flowed his Battle Aura through his body and a faint reddish-brown muddy glow emerged from his body. This is the sign of him being a Copper rank and from the intensity he looks to be a 3-star Copper rank. 

Allen scoffed at his opponent as he willed his power from the combination of his Battle Aura and Soul force as he circulated the Chakkar from the circled triangle in his sea of consciousness and a faint pale blue light emerged from his sword. 

Seeing this Faisel was immediately startled as he was once again speechless from the peculiarity of Allen. 

Different Battle Aura ranks of the practitioners are easily distinguished. Bronze Battle Aura gave one a slightly bulged appearance and the circulation of the force would greatly enhance one's strength, agility and endurance. It is the benchmark of someone surpassing the normal human capacity and entering the ranks of a Battle Aura Warrior. Different star level in the Bronze rank determine the amount of enhancement one would experience. 

After one surpasses the fifth star of bronze rank, they enter into the Iron. Iron Battle Aura as the name suggests mainly focuses on the outer protection of the body like a layer of iron being formed on the body, and it projects battle Aura outside their body. It can be used to fortify ones different body part like hands, legs etc causing them to radiate a faint reddish glow and have the toughness of iron, this would complement in greatly increasing their defensive capabilities multiple times more than that of an average person's. 

A bronze rank isn't much different than a normal human, they are just slightly more stronger, agile and have greater stamina but if a bronze rank is to confront a few strong normal human without any weapons, then the bronze rank would be severely cornered but the same couldn't be said for Iron rank as not only they are more lethal, more fast and more endurable than them, an Iron rank is difficult to hurt without the helps of any weapons. 

Each rank has a significant difference between them that should not be underestimated. 

After the Iron is the Copper rank which takes both of the aspects of Bronze and Iron to another level. Copper rank have great boost in their physical ability and their defence is also very strong. After reaching Copper rank, it is quite hard to leap to Silver because it is considered a huge bottleneck for Battle Aura swordsmen. 

When one surpass the Copper rank, they have improvement in a whole another aspect. Silver ranked Battle Force excelled at the attacking aspect. Silver Swordsmen can use their superior dense Battle Aura project it not only on their body extremities, but directly onto their weapons and make them release various forms of sword luminesce, with the length and sharpness of the glow indicating the Star rank of the said Silver swordsman. They are considered powerful swordsman and a reputable individual, because against a normal human force, they can ransack them. Their attacks fatality is extremely high as they could cut through muscle and bones like butter. 

As for Gold Swordsmen, they can gather their Battle Aura to execute ranged attacks. Beyond that was the level of Sword Masters, who could project their Battle Aura onto anything and use it as an invincible divine weapons to eradicate their enemies.

Sword Saints, however, were more like legends and next to nothing is known about them. The public is quite ignorant about their prowess but there are some texts in academies in which it was said that they can utilize something along the lines of a "domain". As for what this domain means? There isn't any mention. 

According to the Academy teachings and higher level knowledge, There are only about four or five known Sword Saints on the Aryana continent. These Sword Saints are said to have an extremely long life span so, no one is much sure about them as they haven't been active for years. 

Nations and kingdoms which has the backing of a Saint had incredibly stable foundations because they not only boast an amazing military might but also a mythical presence around them. 

These Sword Saints were kept hidden from the masses and were shrouded in mystery and enigma.

Faisel has never seen or heard about a blue glow, obviously there are some battle aura techniques in the mastery of which one could achieve the characteristics of an element and they could have any battle Aura glow but, those techniques are extremely rare and hard to get hold off and more importantly it would take someone reaching at least the very peak of silver rank, almost a gold to achieve such a feat. 

Thinking that the oncoming youth is actually a silver rank, send chills down the spine of Faisel but his common sense wasn't willing to accept such an outcome. 

Faisel readied himself as he released a war cry and dived towards Allen who was coming at him at an unbelievable speed. Allen was running on water as if he was teleporting. 

Allen dived and met Faisel sword with a bang, as they were both airborne. Allen was on a higher vantage point then Faisel, as he attacked swinging his sword down. 

*Clang* *Clang*

As soon as their sword met, Faisel understood that he is completely outmatched in strength as the power from Allen's sword rang throughout his body and a numbness shoot through his arms but he didn't loose hope, as a veteran he has much experience. 

Faisel deflected Allen's attack by withdrawing his sword and swing it again in a tricky angle. Allen was speechless and also impressed at his swordsmanship, as they both met their swords in a quick fashion half a dozen times mid flight before gravity pulled them down. 

*snip*

"Shit!" Faisel retreated as just before falling Allen was able to leave a deep cut just below his left patella. Faisel eyes were beyond angered as he disregarded his bad leg and attacked again. 

"Die! You piece of shi-!" As Allen and Faisel were confronting each other, another member of the Clock Horse group tried to sneak attack on Allen from behind. 

He was attacking from the left as Allen was battling Faisel with his right side. Allen sensed his attack way before as he didn't panic from the pincer attack. 

"Phaseless Moon Dance—The First Dance of the Waning Moon." Allen beautiful twisted his body as he let go of his sword from his right hand, Allen turned his right side towards the incoming attacker all while catching the sword in the air with his left hand. 

He did this movement in such smoothness that even looking at him in this vulnerable moment neither of his opponent could take advantage. 

Allen swing his glowing sword towards Faisel who was hurled back from the force, meanwhile Allen just simply kicked the new attacker in the gut without caring about his advancing sword. 

*Boom* *Splash*

Faisel staggered and fell in the sea, while the guy who was kicked was thrown away by the gigantic momentum of Allen's kick and he landed on an incoming boat crashing on his other fellows. 

"Die!" Another one tried to sneak Allen as he jumped from inside the sea and attacked while stretching his sword towards Allen. He also shook the small boat to break Allen's footing and take advantage of that. 

Allen didn't even bat an eye as he was standing still quite easily on the shaky boat. He dodge the incoming attack by side stepping as his hands moved like a slippery snake and moved through the attacker arms, over his humerus and locked his shoulder joint as Allen's hand turned from a snake into a bear paw and he crushed the enemy shoulder.

As the enemy was about to shout, Allen clawed his neck and pushed him down as he proceeded to deliver a punt kick to the side of head bashing his occipital lobe inside his head and killing him. 

Soon, a moment of silence befall as neither party of the remaining mercenaries and Allen was moving. Allen was standing with a sword in his left hand and a borish expression on his face while all the mercenaries were staring at him. 

In just a few seconds, Allen has destroyed their leader as well as two people with strength similar to them. And, he made it look sooo easy! 

"Sil-Silver rank!" 

They cannot help but feel a chill run down their spine, the gap between each rank in Battle Aura is a significant one. It isn't something which can be ignored by just anybody. 

They cannot help but remember a certain battlefield legend. This isn't a story about some valiant amazing triumph but rather about the hero of every mercenary. The tales of Old general Kason, it is well documented that he was a mere low level mercenary who heeded the call of arms and join the army. He battled in many wars and slowly made a name for himself through those bloody endeavours. His most famous story is about when the old general Kason has fight against more than a dozen of 1 and 2-star Silver rank to a standstill. 

He was only a peak Silver Rank yet he could trouble many of similarly ranked but lower star swordsman. This is a feat which defines the apex of a rank and the gap between different swordsman of different rank. 

The strength gap is quite much and no one wants to fight someone stronger. Allen though doesn't care because he is well adapt to fighting stronger people. The previous Allen was a renowned genius exactly because of his ability to challenge and defeat stronger foes. 

It is estimated that a silver peak may last only a few rounds against a Gold Rank, and with few mild injury the Gold rank would kill the silver, it just depends on if the endeavor is worth it. 

Of course they are people who are much weaker than normal swordsmen too, for example an academy battle aura user cannot necessarily compete against someone at same level with experience. 

This is the matter of pride for all mercenary, so although they may not be necessarily stronger but they definitely have more experience. 

"If you are not going to come, then I would have to. This is the sea where could you even run, just fight with your life on the line and entertain me." Allen laughed as he slashed his sword again as a wet Faisel was looking to sneak attack him. Faisel wasn't able to understand what happened as he looked down at his falling sword. 

He looked below and was about to pick it up, when he gaze in horror as how his right hand was still attached to his dropped sword. He looked at his bleeding right arm which didn't have his hand anymore and screamed at the top of his lungs. 

"Ahhhhh!" 

3