Chapter 43
1.7k 11 71
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Here's 3,125 words for you to read.

“That... that did not just happen.” Midnight whispered as she watched Izuku float over to the ambulance with an unconscious Tanya. She had recovered not long after the video had started. Her thoughts went to her trying to entice Izuku at the USJ and she shivered slightly at what could have happened to her if he had reacted badly and not Tanya.

“Good god.” Thirteen said. “Aizawa...”

Aizawa looked at her and used his quirk to negate hers.

Thirteen quickly opened her space helmet's faceplate and took off her gloves as she rubbed her real face with her hands. “God, what... what are we going to do? If anyone finds out about this...” She stopped talking and slipped her gloves back on and then closed her faceplate.

Aizawa stopped using his quirk and had to agree. “It's going to be an epic mess. Unfortunately, I believe everyone will know as soon as one of the students gets near a computer. Or a reporter.”

“We need to send them messages to not speak about it.” Power Loader said.

“I think it's a little late for that.” Vlad said and showed everyone his phone. “It's on the school's message board already.”

“Who did it?” Aizawa asked.

“Kirishima and Bakugo.” Vlad said. “Oh, and Toru.” He scrolled a bit. “Tsuyu and Uraraka just chimed in.” He scrolled back up to the top of the page. “Dammit, it's trending already.”

That made the teachers groan, because for it to trend, a thousand people had to have read the post.

“It's spreading out onto other social media.” Vlad said. “Heroscope just copied it to their news website.”

“Oh, no.” Thirteen said.

“It could be worse. They could have the footage.” Aizawa commented.

“Don't jinx it.” Nezu said and then his phone beeped at him. He looked at it and it was the chief of police. “Damn.” He said and answered it. “Hello, chief.”

“What's this I hear about All Might retiring from hero work permanently?” The chief asked.

Nezu sighed and rubbed his face with a paw. “It's... complicated.”

“Do I need to visit or can you tell me over the phone?” The chief asked.

“It might be better if you visit. There's something you should see before you berate either myself or All Might about how the world is finding out about this.”

The chief sighed. “I'll be right there.”

*

“It's out.” Toru said and showed Izuku her cell phone. “Bakugo posted the original message.”

Izuku briefly smiled at that and his face went back to impassive. “I'm glad it hit him just as hard as it hit me.”

“What do you mean?” Momo asked.

“About how All Might acted.” Izuku said. “Now that I've had some time to think about it, he wasn't the Symbol of Peace at all during the exam. He was the villain.”

That made the others fall silent.

“Unlike most of the other teachers, All Might isn't faking his persona or pretending to act like a hero. He's not an actor in any sense of the word and is genuine in his actions. He is also not very smart. When Nezu told him to become the villain for the exam, he adopted the role and really became the villain.”

“But... but...” Mina stammered and her pink skin flushed darker. She was either angry or blushing. “That rotten, stinking...”

“I know. It's a shock.” Izuku said and pat Mina's arm with his free hand and looked at Tanya's unconscious face. “I'm calming down and going over what happened in the principal's office. I really overreacted and caused some damage...”

“I told you not to do that!” Mina said, her face angry.

“I held back and didn't destroy anything.” Izuku said and then blushed slightly. “Except for the chair I tried to sit down on. I crushed it and it broke apart.”

Mina's angry face changed to a smile.

“I also dented the floor with my... ah... butt.” Izuku said, his face even redder.

Mina giggled and Momo clamped her mouth shut to stop her own from escaping.

“You left your... butt imprint... on the floor of the principal's office?” Toru asked, clearly amused.

“Yeah.” Izuku said and ducked his head. “Nezu ordered me to sit and I was angry, so...”

Tsuyu put a hand on his shoulder. “You huffed and sat like you weren't almost half a ton in weight?”

Izuku blinked his eyes and looked at her. “How do you know how much I weigh?”

Tsuyu stuck out her tongue... and it kept going and going... and wrapped around Izuku's chest to hug him. The end moved up and lightly licked the cheek of his face, then it unravelled and slid back into Tsuyu's mouth.

“I have a gland on the end of my tongue that lets me determine the size and weight of anything it touches.” Tsuyu said. “You've gained about 80 pounds since I gave you a kiss on the beach and are just over 500 pounds now.”

“Okay, wow.” Izuku whispered and Tsuyu smiled. “I didn't know your quirk did that.”

“I'm not revealing everything my quirk lets me do.” Tsuyu said, almost teasingly.

Izuku chuckled. “How can I help you expand your powers and abilities if you don't tell me about every single thing you can do?”

Tsuyu tapped her chin with a finger as she pretended to think about it. “What if I'm keeping a deep dark secret and if I told you all of my abilities, you discover it and think I'm a villain or will go down a darker path?”

Izuku closed his mouth on his automatic response and actually thought about that answer. He let his eyes roam over Tsuyu from head to foot, taking in all of what he could see and feel with his Fa Jin kinetic aura. He didn't know why the quirk was called that and wasn't going to argue about the name with the original owner, since the aura was really useful.

Tsuyu's face flushed red as she practically felt Izuku's eyes all over her. She didn't try to react or move from his intense scrutiny, though. She had asked him what he would do if she did have a secret, even if she was joking.

“I think you can do a lot more with your body than even you realize.” Izuku said.

Tsuyu's face went redder as she thought about what that meant. The other girls also blushed a little as they thought he meant something sexual with his comment.

“Your tongue alone...” Izuku's voice drifted off and he smiled. “Tsu, even if you go completely dark and try to become a villain, I'll still be your friend and I promise to always save you.”

Tsuyu's heart beat fast as she heard the sincerity in his voice and the surety that no matter what, he would be there to rescue her. “Izuku.”

Izuku held a hand out to her and she took it without hesitation. “I won't ask you to reveal anything, especially if you want to keep some skills hidden to surprise people with later. I'll do my best to help you as much as I can anyway.”

Tsuyu stepped close and let his hand go as she bent over slightly to give him a hug. “I was just kidding about going dark.”

“It doesn't matter.” Izuku said and looked up at her face. “My answer and my promise would be the same.”

“Ribbit.” Tsuyu said and kissed his cheek. “Thank you.”

Izuku blushed at the tender kiss, then Tsuyu let him go and bent down to kiss Tanya's cheek.

“I don't want to forget to do that next week, so let her know after she wakes up, okay?” Tsuyu asked.

Izuku nodded and she walked back over to the wall with chairs and sat beside Uraraka.

Izuku looked at the other girls and saw their slightly sad faces. “What I said goes for all of you.”

Their expressions all brightened up and smiled at him before Mina went over to him and kissed his cheek.

“Don't worry, I won't forget that I owe her a good kissing.” Mina said and caressed his cheek, kissed Tanya's cheek, then went back to the wall and sat with the others. Everyone was quiet and didn't speak for nearly twenty minutes.

“You guys should head home.” Izuku said when his eyes caught sight of the clock on the wall.

“You're not.” Momo said.

“I'll call my mother soon to tell her where I am.” Izuku said.

“I already did.” Recovery Girl said as she entered the room. “She's outside waiting to come in, as is Tanya's guardian.”

“That's our cue to get out of here.” Uraraka said and stood up. “We'll see you later, Izuku.”

“Thanks for coming here with me.” Izuku said. “I... I really needed... I mean, I...”

Uraraka walked over to him and blushed before she gave Tanya's cheek a light kiss, then turned to Izuku with a bright red face and gave his cheek a peck. “We know.”

The others nodded and then Momo and Toru gave Tanya's cheek a kiss and then kissed Izuku's.

“Bye.” They said as one and filed out of the room.

A second later, a short green blur was across the room and sat on Izuku's lap as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Inko cried and hugged her son tightly as she whispered how sorry she was, how worried she was, and how she wouldn't stop him from staying by Tanya's side until she was better.

Izuku pat his mother's back and then hugged her with one arm and didn't let Tanya's hand go. “Thanks, mom.”

Miss Jasina walked into the room and her face seemed to lose color at the sight of Tanya in the hospital bed. “Please tell me she's going to be okay.”

“We won't know until she wakes up.” Recovery Girl said and that made Inko cry harder. “She suffered a lot of damage to her skull and there was some swelling from multiple concussions.”

“And the coma?” Miss Jasina asked.

“A result of her body's stamina being used up to heal her.” Recover Girl said. “I wouldn't normally go to such extremes and would stop before someone is completely exhausted; but, she was much too hurt to not repair as much as possible immediately. It's not completely settled, which was why she couldn't be jostled too much when moving her.”

“Are you going to keep doing using your quirk on her?” Izuku asked.

Recovery Girl nodded. “I can do more tomorrow when her natural recovery will allow me even more leeway in her healing. She needs the day to rest first.”

“You're using it like a temporary healing boost?” Miss Jasina asked.

“Yes, exactly. It should let me reinforce the healing breaks in her bones and hopefully will not leave any scarring, either on the bones or on her scalp.” Recovery Girl said. “If there hadn't been so many breaks or as much damage, she might have been out of here in a couple of days instead of a week.”

Miss Jasina sighed and Inko cried some more.

*

Toru reviewed the footage of the fight again as she spliced in the audio from both Tanya's and Izuku's whisper microphones. She had to go back a few times to match the lips to what was being said and then had to edit in the rewound part and the slowed down part. She knew she didn't really have to do that for those parts and could have left it without sound, then decided that she wasn't going to half-ass the job and made sure to increase the gain on the audio to make sure that it could be heard, even playing in slow motion.

When it was done, she sent it to everyone in the class to their emails and then went to work on the other exams. Those she would only send to the people in them and not everyone, unless they requested them. She thought of setting up a website for things like that, recordings of training sessions, then decided against it. She didn't want that kind of information to be available to villains.

*

Almost right after she sent it, it was up on the school's message board and the shock and awe that it inspired was quickly shared to every other social media site, to the consternation and regret of the staff of UA and the police force. Barely half an hour later, the major news services picked it up and started broadcasting it across the country.

The police had tried, unsuccessfully, to remove the recording and set an injunction against it, since it was private property and security footage owned by UA. It failed spectacularly, especially since one of the judges presiding over the case was a proponent for full disclosure by heroes for everything they do, and not what they think the public can handle.

The villains were having a grand old time with it during the following week. Seeing All Might, the Symbol of Peace, pretending to be a villain, just made them all giddy inside. Some of them recognized Tanya from the Sports Festival and a few of them felt a kind of peace enter their minds. When they closed their eyes, they felt the presence strongly and started to accept whatever that golden glow promised them.

Being X was a very happy entity by the end of the week. His new recruits were more than he could have hoped for. Quirks let him have a lot more leeway to make changes in the world than magic did in the last world. His power and influence started to spread a lot faster than he had expected it to.

*

“Uhhhhh.” Tanya moaned and opened her eyes to a dark room. Her head was pounding with a headache and she tried to lift her right hand to rub her forehead. She couldn't do that and realized that a hand was holding hers, so she turned her head to the side and saw Izuku propped against the wall with his head lolled to the side. It was as if he couldn't keep himself from looking at her, even while asleep.

The room's door opened and Recovery Girl came in. “Good morning.”

“Morning?” Tanya asked and her eyes roamed around the darkened room.

Recovery Girl chuckled and pointed at the window. “It's about five in the morning, so the shades are still pulled. No sunlight yet.”

“Overhead light?” Tanya asked.

“Not until I get a read on you.” Recovery Girl said and placed a hand on her forehead. “What a relief.”

“Do I want to know what you mean?” Tanya asked.

“Now that there's no real danger, I can tell you.” Recovery Girl said and then explained about the possible brain damage and bone fragments her quirk had pulled from the soft tissue and reformed her skull.

“So, no egghead shape for me?” Tanya asked.

Recovery Girl laughed and removed her hand. “You're lucky, so no. How do you feel?”

“Like a squeezed orange.” Tanya said. “My head is pounding.”

Recovery Girl leaned forward and lightly kissed her forehead. “There. How's that?”

Tanya felt tired and smiled when the pain disappeared. “If you could use something else besides stamina to heal, I would hire you after you retire.”

Recovery Girl pat her arm. “Thanks for the offer; but, when I retire, I'm retiring for good. No more quirk usage for me.”

“Not even as a diagnostic only? That could be useful, even if you don't heal anyone.” Tanya said.

Recovery Girl looked thoughtful for a moment. “I didn't think of that.”

“It would be easier and not use people's stamina up while also letting you retire with more than old age, aches, and pains.”

Recovery Girl barked a laugh. “You're giving a great sales pitch to convince me.”

“That's my job. Enticing talent to work for me.” Tanya said and felt the hand holding hers twitch. “It looks like sleeping beauty is finally waking up.”

“Tanya?” Izuku whispered and straightened his head, then his eyes shot open as he felt her kinetic energy. “TANYA!”

“Ow.” Tanya said and pulled her hand from his. “Don't yell. I'm right here.”

“Tanya.” Izuku whispered and turned in the chair to look into her eyes. “Tanya.”

“You're going to wear my name out if you keep saying it like that.” Tanya said.

Izuku gave Recovery Girl a glance, then leaned in to give Tanya a very tender and loving kiss. It lasted for several minutes before Izuku broke it. “I love you more than life itself.”

Tanya gave him a skeptical look as she realized what had happened. “Don't tell me that you've been sitting here all week and pining over me while I was asleep recovering.”

Izuku's face flushed red as he blushed. “Well, I... I...”

“You let the rest of the world go on and stayed by my side.” Tanya said and he nodded. “Who's been looking over our files? Who's been checking our targets? Who's been following leads and seeing what we can dig up on the criminals we've chosen to track?”

Izuku ducked his head. “I... I'm sorry. I just... I couldn't... I didn't know how... how to...”

Tanya sighed and reached over to cup the side of his face. “You big lovesick idiot.”

“I didn't want to do it without you.” Izuku admitted. “I couldn't be there without you. It just didn't feel right. I didn't feel right if I left your side.”

Tanya's hand rubbed his cheek, then she pulled her hand back and smacked him hard. “That's for ignoring the mess they are making and letting it get out of hand.” She said and then grabbed his collar and pulled him close. “This is for staying beside me and protecting me.”

Izuku moaned as Tanya kissed him passionately and dominated his mouth and tongue with her own.

“I'm keeping you for another day, just for observation.” Recovery Girl said and was sure that neither of them realized she had spoken. She knew this for sure when Izuku's t-shirt was torn open and Tanya's hands gripped his muscular pecks before sliding down to unbutton his pants.

Recovery Girl shook her head at them and went to the door. She didn't glance back when she heard Izuku moan and Tanya growl, then there was a slurping sound. She stepped out and locked the door before shutting it.

I think I'll wait a while before letting everyone know that she's awake. Recovery Girl thought and went back to her office. She had some paperwork to fill out and some plans to make if she was going to consider taking Tanya's offer.

71