Chapter4
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He wakes up in the morning, and feels sick.

His whole body aches, and after a quick check, his shoulder, bitten by the wolf, seemed to be decaying. Let's put that apart... Aside from an aching body, it seemed that his bones were fine. He had sort of worried about his legs and hips after such a fall, but they seemed fine.

The weather had once again turned windy. The dew of the morning had made the whole place humid, he's cold and wet. He should start moving soon.

At the beginning of this weird journey, confused from the wolf attack, he had begun moving aimlessly. But as time passed, he realized that where he's currently at, isn't a forest, but instead, some sort of hill, or mountains. He thinks so, because of the multitude of slopes that lead down to the foot of the hills.

From what he knows, people usually don't make big cities up on hills or mountains, so he plans on going down.

As of now, he has a simple plan, follow the little stream. It may, later on, join another stream, and another, and after a multitude of connections, it would turn into a river, which could probably mean that a human settlement is nearby. As from then on... get some kind of living.

That plan pretty much depends on luck.

He takes the lead, the wolf following close behind him. It surprise's him how obedient and docile it became after getting fed. Maybe, if it gets hungry again, it would try and eat him again. Let's hope they find another rabbit or little animal before it goes wild.

For some strange reason, it excites him the prospect of hunting, but also, makes him feel conflicted about killing a little animal.

On the way down, they end up killing another rabbit.

The animals living in these hills, so far have been rabbits,  rats, little snakes, insects, and birds. He suspects there are also foxes nearby, only because, if there are rabbits, there should be a predator that hunts them.

Or maybe rabbits are becoming a recent problem in this place.

Well... foxes, mountain cats, raccoons... There are many predators that hunt rabbits. But he just hasn't seen any of those animals so far.

They go down, the wolf doesn't have any problems due to his small stature and agile body, but the human is different. He has to grab on the trunks of trees, roots, or long wild grass. The progress is small, he has to take extra care because of his almost naked body.

His sole hurts.

Finally, they reach some sort of plain, a long extension of forest. The stream that they had been following joins another crevice, the little stream becomes larger and deeper, but far from being a river. For all he knows, it could end dry in some sort of pond.

But as far as he can see, it goes on and on.

His body condition has worsened, his body is all chilly and weak, trembling and generating an abnormal amount of snot.

'This is bad...'

The wolf seemed fine with resting, but not really tired from the short, yet long journey. The boy is basking under the sun, in one of the phew spots that ain't covered by the canopy of trees.

He can barely sense his feet, they are cold and hard. His shoulder is doing no better, it feels numb. Even though he has been able to drink water and eat raw meat, honestly, it still feels that he's still starving. His condition is only worsening. Black spots are starting to form at the edge of his vision. He can feel that the wolf is getting closer to his defenseless body.

'I'm going to die...'

No will to fight back, no energy to back it up.

He's going to die.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0