Chapter 16: Dreams…
116 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Early update today. Got stuff to do.~

The next moment, I found myself in a free fall. I plummeted through the darkness and into a place that was hard to describe. It was almost as if there were distortions everywhere. It kind of reminded me of the place I was. The one I was in before being pulled out by the eternal witch, Edna. It was not long before I found myself on solid ground, though.

The fall itself did not hurt, but I growled when I got up. Whoever brought me here did not care if I could handle it or not. Once on my feet, the darkness lifted, allowing me to assess my surroundings. Again, I found myself in a familiar place surrounded by cherry blossom trees. The petals flowed by me.

However, the sky remained white, devoid of any color. Taking a step forward, I gazed towards the side, only for my eyes to widen. In front of me was the one being I wanted to see for the past two weeks. Rem stood in the distance. She was humming a lullaby, picking up some petals from the ground.

Instinctively, I went for her. Yet it seemed she was out of my reach when I hit a massive invisible wall. It almost knocked me out of my feet. She was so close, yet so far from me.

Why is this?

I could not finish that thought. My focus had to be her.

"Rem!!!!" I screamed louder than I had ever had.

She should have heard me, but she continued to pick up petals as if she had not received a single thing.

"Rem!" I continued to try to reach her.

Yet it would all end in the same reaction. Frustration filled my heart. I slammed my fist into the wall that held me from her. At that moment, it was almost as if she had heard something. She stood up, glancing around, looking for the source of whatever caught her attention.

"Who is there?" Rem asked.

Her questioned filled my heart with hope. Hearing her voice urged me forward.

"Rem! I am right here!" I screamed, smashing my fist into the wall again.

The desperation in my voice was so apparent. I wanted her in my arms at all costs. Though my little luma seemed confused. It was not long before she shrugged it off.

"That won’t work, wolf." Someone from behind me said.

Their voice triggered me to turn around to see the same bird from before, Midna. She was staring at me down from one tree that surrounded us. It seemed she was on the same side of the wall as I was.

Even though that bird brain was the last thing I wanted to hear, she knew more than me. After all, she had been in Rem all this time. I guess this was an opportunity to learn more about her, too.

"What?" I muttered, not enjoying the interruption at all.

Midna pointed with her black wing back to where Rem was.

"Look. You think she heard you, but it wasn’t you. Well, technically." Midna informed, snickering.

 I followed her wing, only to see someone that appeared to be me walking towards Rem. It was shocking to see. Especially since the actual me stood beyond the barrier that held us apart. It also angered me.

"Oi... Rem!" I called out to her.

She turned to the facade that stood in front of her and smiled so brightly at him. It made me want to smash everything in there.

"There you are! Why did you take so long? I was lonely." Rem pouted, running to him.

She hugged him ever so tightly. I felt pure rage because of what was playing out in front of my eyes. Even if it was me… that fake had to go.

"Sorry, I lost track of time." The phony said to her, touching her cheek.

I was livid. Even though it was me, I hated the fact that someone other than the real me was touching her.

She is mine... Fucking mine.

"It is fine. At least you are here with me, wolf." Rem giggled happily, pulling herself to meet with his lips.

I slammed my fist into the wall that separated us. Could she not tell? How could she not tell? No... She...

"Oi! That is not me!" I snarled, angered by what I was witnessing, but she did not hear me.

"Rem!" I screamed at the top of my lungs again.

This time, Midna sighed behind me. It was almost disapproving, and it annoyed me more than I was already.

Fucking piece of shit bird.

"She will never hear you from this side of the wall," Midna told me calmly.

 I turned to her, feeling an unquenchable desire to smite something into oblivion.

"Shut up! You probably want her there for her body!" I snapped, realizing I held no power in here.

Midna chuckled, shrugging in response to my hostility. She could not care less about my fit, but I could barely control myself. It was just like that bastard warlock that kissed her, only that now it was me. A fake me. Unacceptable.

"Don’t pretend to know what I want, wolf. Though for now, that is enough." Midna declared, flying towards me, landing on my arm.

For now, I would tolerate her, since she was surprisingly docile. Well, compared to how she was before.

"It is a pity the stupid girl is using the space we created for both of you to lock herself up like this." She suddenly announced, catching me off guard.

What? Midna and Rem created that space?

"You both did this?" I glanced at Midna in disbelief.

She nodded, glancing over to Rem. Unlike before, all the features that were red in her were blue. It probably was because she was not merged with Rem. The little luma had the essence of the blood moon within her.

"Yes, only a god can create this. At first, it was a space she created in her loneliness, but wanting to appease her a bit, I pulled your soul here when you were stuck within time. One perk I have as a goddess." Midna clarified.

I just could not keep up with what she was saying. It made no sense. Especially her caring for Rem. Then again... that voice from when Rem lost it sounded like her. At least this version of her. Her voice was soothing.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

Midna snickered upon hearing me. She knew exactly what I was thinking.

"Because believe it or not, I care for Rem. So, I let her use my power to create this while I brought you here. Of course, it was mostly her desire that fixed this plane to be what it is now, though. I feel for her the same as those two other useless gods do for their halves, but I also remember my past agony, unlike them." Midna explained.

I grabbed onto my forehead, confused more than ever.

So... everything Rem wrote is real.

That much was clear, but another question soon arose.

"So, why can't I remember anything from that time?" I continued my query.

Midna turned to face me with those blue orbs of hers.

"Because what you were experiencing was the future, and I couldn’t let anything that may have deprived Rem from existing. So, you had to remain ignorant. All while the girl loved you more than anything in this world." Midna laughed.

I felt a rush of hatred towards her. So, it was all her fault that I could not remember a single thing? Not even Rem's face? Nothing of what we spoke or did together. Unforgivable.

"You are a heartless bitch." I snapped, throwing Midna out of my arm.

She recovered easily, flying by me. Well, circling me like a vulture. I followed her with my eyes while she observed me from above.

"I don’t expect a mortal like you to understand how fickle time can be. You should be grateful that she exists! And that I brought you together." Midna began.

I huffed at her. She would not sway me. Nor would she be a friend to me.

"The circumstances have changed, though. You are in this present, and I need you to reach her." She declared, hovering on top of me.

"And for that, you must recover what I took from you!" the bird continued.

I rolled my eyes.

"So, you are going to make me remember?" I growled, not pleased by how the bird had control over my memories.

The moment that left my mouth, a ring of blue flames surrounded me. I had walked right into her trick.

"Wait... what are you doing?" I questioned, worried about her intentions.

Though when I tried to leave the circle, it pushed me back in instantly. It trapped me.

"I called your soul here, so you’ll bathe in the fires of truth! You’ll remember everything, Alijah Lyrac! No, Valdios! You dare call me a foe! Even though we have been through so much together!" Midna commanded the flames to engulf me.

Her words made no sense. I was powerless to stop her. In here, it seemed like I was only a normal human. But soon that would be a secondary worry. Though I thought the flames would burn me alive, they did not. Instead, the memories that a rogue god had locked away flowed into my mind.

From the moment I met Rem, to the last day I was with her in the dreams. With each one that I saw, I felt like I relived them. Though, I could not tell what reality was and what was a memory. The gaps in my mind were being filled with Rem.

Before I knew it, I found myself on the floor, tears swelling out of my eyes. If only I had known how precious she was to me. The moment I grabbed her by the neck in that lake. If only I had known when she kissed me for the first time.

I... The moment she kissed me in that cave. I... No... when she was under me after I drank Wyatt's drug. If I had known...

No… Nothing changes the fact I hurt her in so many ways.

Yet in all those times we shared, I felt a familiarity that I could not push away. Like... the time she hugged me in the tavern. I could have sworn that was not the first time she held me like that. And it was not. It had not been the first time!

I...

My heart was being torn apart. I had failed her.

"Don’t let yourself be consumed by guilt, Valdios!" Midna screamed from where she was.

The name she called me by was not my own, yet something about it seemed familiar. Though her voice sounded so distant to me. It almost felt like I was suffocating within the memories that lasted over five years.

When I first met Rem, she was just a small pup. Though the energy she radiated made me not want anything from her. I thought it was an annoying daydream I was having, but... with each passing day. She continued to pester me.

Until I suddenly found myself feeling lonely whenever I woke up from those daydreams. This happened even though I did not remember them. No wonder... Rem was my everything.

However, curiously enough every time I was in the space. I remembered everything that had happened in the previous one. Yet when I asked the little girl, that was pestering me why that was. She retorted to me, 'I don't know. That sounds like your problem, old grumps'.

I laughed at her innocence; unaware she hid all the issues she was having with her family. The ignorant one was me. She never told me a single thing, not that I cared to ask either. We called each other little stupid nickname too.

Every day, the girl wormed herself into my heart. Until that day when she kissed me. At first, I just saw her as this annoying kid that would not leave me alone. And out of nowhere, she grew up into a slightly more mature kid; I guess.

Though that time, I told her she could not tease adults like that. But it was not like she heard me. Instead of taking my scolding to heart, she stuck her tongue out at me. She pointed out I was only twenty-three. Then she added to get over what was bothering me because she was fully legal.

That phrase confused me beyond belief, but it seems in Rem's era there was a rule that adults could not date children. Something that was not existent in mine. Either way, I never liked kids back in my time, but she... was different.

I mean, I did not look at her that way until she launched herself at me. She was determined to change my view, wanting to prove she was a full-grown woman. I had not even realized two years had passed since I met that little luma.

At that moment, I responded to Rem, saying that once her chest was bigger. Perhaps then she could try. To me, she was something pure and untouchable. Of course, instead of backing off, the luma threw herself at me, claiming to be aiming for my heart. I could barely keep up. It was not like I could escape her and trust me. I tried.

Though I was not strong enough to keep up the front. Every time our lips brushed, it felt like it warmed me up in ways. I never knew existed. It was the first time I ever felt this way about anyone. Thus, it was only a matter of time before I kissed her back.

Of course, I quickly backed off when it got a bit touchy. Though, I never went for more than a kiss after that. Now I know what I was missing every time I woke from those daydreams. No wonder I went so hard for Lilith, thinking it was her.

I never imagined it was her daughter. That she had been the one I had spent that time with. I knew I was happy, but I never knew why.

Rem... Rem... I’m sorry for forgetting. I...

"Alijah, move past it!" I could hear Midna yell at me from the distance.

More memories flowed into me. I could not help but scream when it felt like I was being torn apart. Part of me I did not want to know anymore. It was too painful. Rem knew all this when I shoved her away. When I told her, she was nothing more than a hindrance back when we met.

Fuck! Why did this have to happen? Rem... Rem... I love you! Please... give me one more chance to show it.

I was losing myself.

"Alijah... My grumpy wolf... Don't cry." Rem suddenly grabbed onto my cheeks.

I rose onto my knees because of it.

"Don't cry." She simpered.

I desired nothing more than to hug her and pull her into my arms, but...

"Rem!" I cried her name, knowing that she was not really in front of me.

No, this was the Rem that lived in my heart. Time again had stopped around us.

"You didn’t know a thing, Alijah. And I still loved you either way. I didn’t know if it was real, too. You read as much in my journals." Rem kissed my forehead slightly.

I wished more, but...

"I loved you even when you hated me. If you want to save me from me, you must remember all of it. Then make me realize that our love was never an illusion. That I was… And am loved by you." She smiled.

I slowly nodded, allowing the memories to flow into me with little resistance. It was useless to understand them. After all, I could not bring back the time that was wasted. No… all I had to do was look into the future. And make sure she was there with me.

All I needed to know was that those memories existed. Especially the first time I held her under the cherry blossoms. Along with every single time, I did so after that. The many times she told me how much she loved me.

By the time they stopped, my body glowed red. I slammed my fists on the floor in frustration. The flames dissipated while Midna continued to hover in the distance.

"Now go back, Alijah, and find the family. It will take everyone to bring her back. If that is what you want. After all, right now she is happy." Midna announced.

I slowly stood up from where I was, feeling battered and exhausted. But nothing compared to what Rem had experienced. However, I could not help but find Midna's words slightly funny.

"Happy in a facade? I would never allow that. Not when she has the real thing waiting for her." I growled loudly at her, unhappy with her tone.

In fact, everything she had done irritated me. Making me forget my time with my beloved would be something I would never forgive her for. Even if it was to save her from oblivion.

"Good of you to answer that. Since... I lied. It isn't all pretty petals here." Midna said, flying towards where Rem was.

Much to my surprise, she was standing in the space, alone. All the trees were gone while the white space we found ourselves in remained. Her hands were covered with blood. Her appearance triggered me to crash again into the barrier that separated us. I wanted her in my arms.

"Rem!" I called out again.

She seemed confused by everything that was happening around her.

"Huh? Am I... supposed to be here? Why am I here?" Rem mumbled.

Midna landed on my shoulder again. The fake me reappeared behind Rem before engulfing her in his arms. Unforgivable.

"Don't think... just stay with me." The phony said.

Rem glanced down to notice her shirt was also covered in blood. In that instance, for a moment, I could see the dagger sticking out of her, before disappearing soon after.

"But I was stabbed? I think... something happened, didn't it? Did I hurt you?" Rem turned to the fake me.

I tried to watch, saying nothing, knowing she would not hear me. The only thing I could do was hope the fake me would help her. Her orbs seemed tired and full of agony, yet she only cared if she hurt me.

Rem... You stupid girl.

"Impossible. Don't think about that." The phony said.

She seemed bothered by everything. Unable to hold it any longer, I placed my hands back on the barrier that separated us. How I wished I could break it. Rem grabbed onto fake's face, shaking her head slightly.

Softly, she caressed him with her thumb. Blood traced over his face. Though he did not mind it.

"I think... I died in your arms. Didn't I? I guess... one of my wishes got fulfilled." Rem simpered, tears falling from her eyes.

She knows... this is fake. She fucking knows!

"Rem! Why?!?" I screamed, unable to hold it any longer.

Midna shook her head in response. It hurt... It was not fair for her to be like this. She did not need to be like this!

"It slips like this occasionally. Her truth with her fiction. Sometimes she even relives the moments in that forest where she ravished you. She tortures herself about it. Then when she was stabbed. That was just a slip, sometimes she falls." Midna informed.

I turned to her.

"Why don't you take her out then! You created this! Undo it!" I snapped at Midna, who just stayed where she was.

My hostility did not affect her at all. It was almost as if I had not shouted my voice. Instead, she glanced over to Rem bitterly, closing her eyes.

"I helped her create it. I can’t undo it, Alijah. She also locked me out a long time ago. The only thing I could do was bring you here outside of the dreamscape. I did this in hopes you’ll reach her with some help." Midna started, glancing at me from my shoulder.

She moved down my arm. Even though I did not know how to react to her or what to believe. This was the only lead I had. She was not quite done with me yet, though.

"There is more you should know. Rem's existence brought me to her. You see, the day she was born. She was supposed to die. Somehow, she siphoned the curse Edna made for the kids and sucked it into herself alone. Even though it wasn’t a death curse, Rem's body could not handle it." Midna continued.

I could barely handle any more additional information.

"What?" I mumbled.

Midna tilted her head a bit before glancing at Rem.

"Rem saved the other silver blood from being bound to the eternal witch that day. I guess the curse was attracted to her too, in a way. You see, she has an affinity for death. It is also very different from what witchcraft is. Rem doesn’t need to sacrifice anything to her magic." Midna informed.

I could not help but wonder if there was an ulterior motive. After all, why give me this information for free? What was she gaining from this?

"When she was about to expire, her family saved her by shifting the curse within her into something else. That cut some ties with the witch that cast it. Though it turned into something more bothersome than I thought at first. And it seems that warlock made it worse." Midna trailed off, shaking her head as she turned back to me.

Perhaps there were no motives. I could not read this goddess or her intentions.

"With this death... Will Rem be pushed more towards death? Or..." Midna stopped again, snickering a bit.

Suddenly, she took flight.

"Either way, it doesn’t matter for now. Mortal, go do your job. Save Rem, so I might take over her body one day as you say." Midna snickered.

I could not help but break out in laughter. This god was a fickle little thing. Hard to read too. Though it was too bad for her. I would not let her, or anyone, take Rem away from me again. That would never happen. She was mine.

"You wish." I chastised the bird.

“I never wanted to.” Midna laughed.

Suddenly, I found myself back in Rem's room next to her. Instinctively, I kissed her on her lips lightly. A new hope was filling me as I ran out of the room to find Lilith. From what I could tell, it seemed to be morning again, not that it mattered. I did not care in what condition they found themselves in.

In my hurry, though, I almost crashed into some maids that were working around the manor. Luckily, I found them in Fenris's study. I suddenly barged in. They seemed to speak about what Caden and Aiden had found in their latest travels to Allora.

The twins had spent the day there yesterday. Not that I cared. Though they did not seem to like my sudden interruption, I could not wait. No, I would not wait another minute without my luma.

"Alijah?" Lilith asked, standing up from the chair she was sitting in.

The rest of the silver blood did not seem to want me there. Not that I cared again.

"I know how to wake Rem up." I suddenly declared.

Everyone in the room stared at me like I was crazy. The silver blood Lycan named Ben stood forward. Unlike everyone's else eyes, he seemed less hostile. A bit more cunning. He was sharp. And I liked that. The older the wiser, I guess.

"And how would you know that? If I may ask." Ben asked straight forward, curious about what I had found.

It placed me on the spot. I found it a bit hard to explain. There was no time for me to articulate what to say, but it did not matter. It was up to me to make them understand. After all, I was not a witch. I could not get Rem on my own.

"Uh… I was dragged into where she is by-" I began, but was intercepted by Vera standing up from her chair.

Oh, by the gods, this girl hated me.

"I don’t believe you! Leave, we were discussing important family matters! And they don’t concern you!" Vera snarled at me.

I rolled my eyes at the little witch. By the gods, was she an annoying harpy?

"I don't care if you don't believe me," I said, turning to Lilith.

Sadly, she was unsure of what I was saying, too.

 "Lily, I came to tell you because I need your help. Please," I pleaded with her.

She noticed I was serious. In her blue orbs, I could read sympathy. And I barely begged for help for anything else in my life.

"Well, even if my mother trusts you, I don't! If it weren’t for you, Rem would never have been in this in the first place! So, leave us alone!" Vera snapped at me.

Lilith glanced at Fenris, who stood in the argument.

"Vera... Enough, you aren't a kid anymore. Stop behaving like one." Fenris sighed, glancing at me with his crimson orbs.

Unlike Lilith, he seemed unsure about me as a whole.

"What is it you found?" He asked.

In response, I told them about what had happened. Of course, omitting a few details. They were personal and not needed to understand what was going on. Though as soon as I was done, Vera, who had enough of me, snapped again. I really did not know what her issue was.

I desired Rem back just as much as she did.

"Impossible. Dad, this murderous wolf is lying!" Vera turned to Fenris.

He sighed at his daughter's defiance.

“Fucking, really? If I said I was breathing, would you also call that a lie?!” I snapped at her.

I did not know why she was so hostile towards me. Though someone would soon speak, leaving me stunned.

"I believe Alijah," Caden announced, sitting on the couch he was on with his brother.

Aiden, who still seemed unsure, too. Suddenly, Shade wrapped her tail around my arm and pulled it down towards her, sniffing it. I had not noticed her approaching or when she shifted. I was paying attention to the others in the room. Ruzgard was with her, too.

"He has the smell of the shadow demon." Shade suddenly announced, letting go of my arm.

Lilith grabbed onto it soon after, though. I felt like a doll being dragged around the room. Though before I could complain, she pulled my sleeve up to reveal marks. Bird footprints, where Midna had clung onto me in that space.

"What the fuck?" I cursed, unable to understand how there were bird imprints on my skin.

Shade shifted again, climbing Lilith's shoulder. To Lily, though, it was something she had come across many times through her years of study.

"It seems Midna marked you as proof of what you are saying. Don't worry, they will disappear on their own." She informed me with a soft smile on her lips.

Was she glad I was not lying? The fools did not know I never did.

"So, the bitch knew you all wouldn’t trust me. Good to know." I rolled my eyes.

It was unbelievable how the bird knew more about their reaction to me than I did. It was rather annoying. Though Midna was smart. I would give her that, at least. Something about her... was evading me, though. Especially the name Valdios…

"But can we trust this god?" Aiden asked, unsure of everything.

He was right to be mistrusting of Midna, but her words did not seem to be full of deceit. Sadly, it was the only way to get Rem out. Everyone else failed to find anything to help.

"No, we can't. It is the same one trying to take over Rem! She said so as much!" Vera tried to sway the room towards her favor.

I shook my head in response.

"Believe whatever you fucking wish. But I saw Rem there, witch. I couldn’t reach her, not alone." I tried to make her understand, but she really was determined to hate me.

For whatever reason, that was.

"Still, I..." Vera mumbled.

Her mother grabbed her shoulder.

"Vera, we all want Rem back. And Alijah has proven he means no harm to her. They also share a connection we don’t have." Lilith tried to reassure her.

Vera did not want it. Instead, she glared at me again. If only looks could kill, I would have dropped dead.

"I don't trust you!" Vera yelled at me.

I shrugged in response.

"Nor I you, little witch. Yet I still need your help." I argued back.

She turned away from me. At this point, I did not care if they wanted to believe me or not. I just wanted their help. No... I needed it. For a moment, everyone stayed quiet as it sunk in. Though it was not long until Fenris closed the books he had in front of him, turning to me again.

"So, how are we going to do this?" Fenris spoke up.

I could not help but smile happily. At least he was listening to me. My tail even wagged a bit. I thought he would have rejected my reasonings. Though he was being suspiciously passive, though it did not matter. If he would believe me, then... that was enough. It had to be enough.

"You are going to send me into Rem's mind. Well, into her dreams." I announced, surprising everyone in the room.

"What?" Vera mumbled, unable to understand what I was saying.

After all, sending an actual Lycan. Let alone a red moon wolf into people's dreams had never been done in this timeline. But it had in mine. Once or twice with regular Lycans, at least from my knowledge.

"You mean like..." Lilith began.

I nodded.

"Yes. Just like the one you used back then. Though making the spell work on me, you will have to use a bit of wolfsbane. It will have to be enough to weaken my resistances without triggering a world-ending rampage." I pointed out.

Ben turned his head a bit to the side.

"That is too dangerous," Fenris stated the obvious.

I bit onto my lip. It was dangerous. I could end up killing everyone either way, but... it was the only way. Midna and Rem had created that space for me and her alone. No one else could go in. That much, Midna hinted.

"Sadly, it's the only way. You see, Rem is in a place hard to explain, and only I can enter it." I informed, turning to Lilith.

Vera rolled her eyes.

"How convenient." She sassed.

I tried to ignore her. By the gods, she was worse than a thorn in my side.

"All you need to do is get a single petal from the flower. The poison is more present in the stem and leaves." I tried to explain myself.

Luckily, Lily seemed to understand what I was saying.

"I mean, I’ll get ill, like really sick. But I should be fine after a few hours. Especially after a good meal if I can keep it down, that is." I reassured everyone in the room.

Fenris seemed skeptical. I did not blame him. For the longest time, I had been their enemy. It was a miracle they were listening to me. I guess that was because of Rem, too.

"You are willing to go that far for Rem? I mean, you could die." Fenris asked, pointing out the obvious yet again.

I glanced at him and smirked.

"I’ll do anything for her. She would do the same for me, too. I can't let her be the one saving me all the time." I stood my ground.

All eyes were on me.

"Look, I wouldn’t be asking if I didn’t need your help. And it will take all of us to undo what that little luma has gotten herself into. Once I’m in there you, wolves will have to share your essence with me once again. Just like you did back when..." I stopped, not wanting to retell that part.

Fenris nodded. They would have to share with me their essence because of my connection to the moon. It would be unstable.

"Okay then. Ben, you know what to do." Fenris said, glancing towards his brother.

The elder brother bowed before leaving the room in some unspoken errand.

"Very well, then I’ll go get some of the Iris. And try to make something to work with that." Lilith announced.

Vera followed her out, saying nothing else. Though something was bothering her.

"I’ll text Sophie to get the ingredients for the spell," Aiden said, grabbing onto Caden, dragging him out to some type of unknown quest.

And then there were two. Fenris glanced at me, walking around the table, grabbing onto my shoulder.

"Alijah... Could you follow me for a bit? I need to speak with you." Fenris suddenly said.

I found myself in a pickle, but I could not refuse him. He was her father, after all.

"I guess." I agreed, following Fenris out of the study.

We walked down the hall, which led to one of the manor's patio. For a moment, he gazed out at the rose garden they had. It had roses of different colors. Much of them I did not even know existed. Even so, I felt a bit uncomfortable with him here.

Not just because he was Rem's father, but because he was also a Silver Fang. A pure one, unlike Rem, which made him a direct descendent of Hiro Silver Fang. My old friend. Though... lately I had been wrong about so many things. I could not be sure his betrayal was right, either.

"I heard from Lily what my bloodline did to you all those years ago." Fenris began.

I was not quite ready to hear him yet. Rem was not here with me. Unlike my brother, I did not know if I could handle knowing Hiro was innocent.

"Ah... doesn't matter anymore." I tried to downplay it.

Fenris did not let me. Instead, he turned to face me. It caused me to glance away from his gaze. Submissive of me, yet I wanted nothing to do with being an alpha. That world was not for me. All I wanted was to be with Rem.

"You are alive, aren't you?" Fenris suddenly asked.

It surprised me. Was he okay? Hesitantly, I gazed at the silver wolf that stood in front of me. His eyes seemed...

"I guess I am?" I mumbled, bewildered at why he asked that.

Obviously, I was alive. I mean, I was breathing.

"Then it matters. It also fueled your fury and anguish. For that, I’m deeply sorry. I wish things were different back then for you." Fenris said.

I felt the echo of words Rem had said to me. They were so similar to him. I was wrong before... She got everything from Fenris, minus his looks. No, those the twins had. Even though he seemed like a gentle Lycan, he would rip anyone's head off if they messed with his family. He was testing me, and I could respect that.

"It’s fine Fenris. My story might be much more different from what I first thought." I tried to downplay it again.

He smiled.

"The elders told us that it was a raven who came to them with a note of your location. I don't know if it’s the truth though." Fenris announced, handing me a small piece of paper.

I felt yet another revelation of my past.

A raven?

My hands struggled to open the paper. There I saw handwriting I had never seen before. It gave away where I was. And it was not Hiro's handy work, that was for sure. I could tell the paper was old as fuck, but well preserved.

Elders and their history seemed to have saved it from time. I thought I had destroyed everything back then, but this piece of paper survived, too. The same with my brother's letter to his wife.

"A witch's familiar, huh?" I mumbled, voice shaking.

The best friend I knew might have been innocent in all this. Just like my brother. I really was not ready for this at all. Everything had been a lie.

"Yes... do what you want with that information I gave you. Though calling you here to apologize was not the only thing I wanted to do." Fenris suddenly started.

I tilted my head, trying to understand what he said to me.

"Oh?" I continued to mumble, unable to follow him fully.

He walked towards me. His expression was a serious one. Had I... fucked up?

"Do you truly love Rem, Alijah?" Fenris asked, triggering relief washed over my heart.

Finally, something I could answer whole heartily. I did not even have to think twice about it.

"I do. I thought you heard me when I told your wife." I answered.

He smiled gently, shaking his head.

"That was something I needed to confirm personally. She’s my baby girl, after all." Fenris informed.

I was left in awe of him.

Ah... that is why he can smile so gently.

Rem was on his mind. Either her or Lilith, but it was probably Rem.

"Yeah, she told me how close you two were," I commented without thinking.

My words caused Fenris to growl a bit because of it.

"Are," he corrected.

I seemed to have stepped into a pitfall.

Oops…

He really was the overprotective father, Rem said he was.

"Yeah. Sorry." I apologized, scratching my head.

I was not trying to start any fights. He sighed, chuckling upon noticing my demeanor.

"It’s interesting to see how you are. Well, compared to when I met you all those years ago. You have a gentler air around you." Fenris noted.

I tilted my head a bit again. Rem had also said that in her journals.

"Do I? I don’t know. I feel the same honestly. Maybe freer than I was from my temper." I bit onto my lip, not really knowing what to say to him anymore.

Rem saved me. She always did.

"My daughter, did that, didn't she?" Fenris asked.

I glanced back at him.

"Yes, she did," I answered.

He smiled before suddenly punching me in the face. I tumbled onto the ground because of it. For a moment, I was stunned. Though it was not long before I realized what had happened, breaking out in a small chuckle. There was no doubt in my mind, I probably deserved that.

"That was for kissing my wife all those years ago. And for letting my daughter fall into this predicament." Fenris announced.

I could not help but laugh because of it. This family was insane. Did they not know I could blow this world if I wanted? Though this was too interesting. This man was fascinating. Why did I ever think of killing him?

"Noted, won’t happen again, sir," I said, licking my lip that had cracked open.

It would quickly seal up, though.

"You really have changed. Good." Fenris chuckled, feeling better after pulling one over me.

If only he were not her father. That was the only reason I did not take my swing at him, too.

"Though I must say. There are better ways to test someone than smashing onto their face with your fist, Fenris." I growled a bit.

He brightly smiled. She really took it from his side. Interesting.

"Oh, I know... But it’s better this way." Fenris chuckled, reaching down to help me up.

It reminded me back when Rem told me, 'Alijah, come with me if you want to live!'. Only for Fenris to say something similar soon after.

"Alijah, come let’s save my daughter together." Fenris grinned.

It triggered a sharp pain in my chest to erupt. My eyes widened in shock at what I had heard him say. Before I knew it, tears swelled out of my eyes, causing Fenris to tilt his head, confused. He probably wondered if he had hit me a little too hard.

"Shit! Shit!" I cursed, covering my eyes with my hands.

My nerves and worries were showing. I had sounded so confident, but in reality, I did not know if I could reach Rem.

"This will work, right? She’ll come back to me, right?" I second-guessed myself.

Fenris sighed, kneeling in front of me, suddenly pulling me into his chest. It was so warm too. Everything about this family was extraordinary. Caden bringing me food, Lilith accepting me, now Fenris...

They were breaking me. Why couldn't I have found them sooner?

"You really are just a kid, like my babies. It’s okay, Alijah. Even if this doesn’t work. We will find her. So, don’t give up. We’ll find a way to get her back. No matter what." Fenris comforted me.

I hated the fact I was weeping like a child in his arms, but I could not help it. It felt like more than my own life was at stake in this. It was her life.

"Am sorry, we adults failed you back then," Fenris added, feeling guilty over what had happened to me.

My father had passed before I could memorize his face. Was this how it felt to have one? To have someone care about me. I thought Rem was one in a million, but it seemed this entire family was.

Even the ones that rejected me. It really was a new bliss. Though, I probably would have never experienced it if I never met Rem. She had brought this miracle that I did not even know what to do with.

"Oi... if you break, who will go save her?" Caden suddenly said from behind us.

It triggered me to growl loudly at his remark, pulling away from Fenris. This brat... this pup... was another one that was trying to break me in the first place!

"Even if I break into a million pieces, I will still save her!" I scowled, wiping my face.

The twin smiled, glad to hear my answer.

"That look fits you better. Oh scary, Alijah." Caden teased.

I wanted to say more, but before I could Fenris came to my aid. After all, he knew his son best.

"Hm... I don't know why you are acting so tough. After all, you cried before you went..." Fenris started, only to be interrupted by Caden.

He would not allow his father to go any further.

"Shut up, dad!" Caden growled at his father.

I chuckled because of it. It reminded me of Lucan and me with my mother as a referee. Maybe... I could fit in after all.

"Or that time when you were so close to finding us. I swear I heard your voice squeak a bit." I teased, feeling more like myself.

Caden's cheeks turned bright pink once again.

"Why you little!" He growled.

I could not help but laugh. Geez, they were all like her. She said she grew up with her dad and brothers more than anyone else.

"Thank you," I mumbled.

They both glanced at me, only to be met by my smile in response to their gazes. This warmth was the one she grew up with. No wonder she broke through every wall I ever placed. Even now, I wagged my tail like an idiot.

There was no stopping Rem when she wanted something. Just like there was no stopping me from saving her.

"Let's go save her." I beamed.

They both returned the same smile. Why did I ever think of killing this Lycan? No wonder Lily fell in love with Fenris. And there was no wonder why I fell in love with Rem. She was fit to be their spawn.

Rem, you idiot... Fenris is the one that needs to be proud of you. Not the other way around. He loves you so much. You will never be a burden to any of them. Even the cranky witch that hates me. I can finally tell why you told me to spare them. They are wonderful, but a world without you has no meaning. So... come back to me.

After that touching moment, everyone went to work to bring the plan to fruition. Lilith and Vera prepared the spell and potion. Fenris, Caden, Aiden, and I practiced sharing our essences. I had done it once, in desperation, when Rem was being attacked by that shadow demon. But to do it on command seemed almost impossible.

Plus, my essence seemed too much for them to handle either way. Yet theirs added into my own. It was weird how the moon affected us differently. I truly was a monster in that sense. Even sparing with them was hard to do without hurting them.

I had never tried to control my power before. I had always wanted to harm others with it, but now I wanted to hold back. It was alluring to feel like that. Sadly, there was no bond to prevent me from going over the top, though.

Even so, the twin boys enjoyed trying to beat me, though they could never get me to lie down. While they did it all the time for me. The only ones who gave me a bit of trouble were Fenris, Shade, and Ruzgard. Especially the familiars when I did not play dirty. Usually, whenever I was away from Rem, either Amelia, Ben, or anyone else that was free would stay with her.

There was not a moment when my little luma was alone. Mostly because we feared an attack on her from Edna. It helped that the witch wanted to stay in the shadows. That kept things calm. It took Lilith an entire month to develop wolfsbane for the spell.

This was because the only form they had was the Iris that they had. Surprisingly, I was not the first test dummy. No, Ben volunteered to first to test it. He said that if he went crazy, there were no world-ending events that would happen.

Though his girlfriend was not happy about it. She only came once into the manor to visit Rem. Her name was Tania. The reason she was rarely in Lyari was that she traveled constantly in between nations for Cerberus's work.

When my turn came for me to try the wolfsbane, to see how effective it would be. Vera had her fun with me, but it worked. Though I felt horrible until a few days later. But hey, at least I was alive and a bit battered thanks to Vera's treatment of me.

Thankfully, the Iris left me vulnerable to magic. Well, while it was in my system. After I recovered, we would start. Ben carried Rem towards the stadium. We did not know what would happen when she woke up. Or if she would wake up. If something went wrong, I would be utterly useless to help.

A risk we needed to take. When it was the moment for me to lie next to her, I felt nervous. Lilith gave me the potion made specifically for me.

"Make sure that you hold her hand the entire time." Lily worried.

I nodded. She had been lecturing me about what to do for the past week. I had it all memorized by now.

"I have you to make sure of that, don't I?" I tried to lighten up the mood.

She frowned, shaking her head.

"Alijah, you know what I mean! Try to find her and hold on to her. If not, it can become will be hard to break this." She scolded me.

I sighed. She was not letting me off this time.

"Yeah, you already lectured me like twenty times. I know. Trust me, I’ll come back with her." I reassured her.

Vera handed me an amulet; they had created. It would alert them once I had Rem secured. At that moment, the other blood moon Lycans would try to overload me to destroy Rem's dreamscape.

"Here, this will glow when..." Vera began.

I scowled, knowing what she was going to say. It was enough lectures.

"Yes, it’ll notify you. Okay, let’s do this." I mumbled, wanting everything to stop.

I grabbed onto Rem's hand and chugged the nasty potion down. Instantly, I felt off. My world spun. Lily spoke about something that I could not understand. Everything was getting muffled. Suddenly, I lost myself in the dark before I found myself yanked towards my destination.

"Oi, Wolf!" Rem called for me.

My eyes flew open to see her bright smile in front of me. Instinctively, I grabbed onto her face and pressed my forehead against hers. I would never let go of her again. It had been almost two months since we last saw each other face to face.

"Rem!"

Oh, there she is! Silly Rem, your murderous prince is coming for you! Listen to him this time, will you? c:

3