Chapter 24: One last moment of bliss…
72 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment Leonard stepped into the stadium, I felt like everything was going to fall apart. Especially when he spotted Vera, which was almost immediately after entering the room. His blue orbs were glued on her, widened with surprise.

Vera grabbed Aiden’s shirt, hands trembling. Leonard, instead of going off like a normal person, smiled, congratulating her, allowing her to pass by without too much of a commotion. However, the moment we were about to leave, he turned to us.

“Vera, is it…” Leonard trailed off, not knowing what to say without starting a fight.

My sister did not turn to face him. Sadly, she did not have the courage to lie to his face.

“It isn’t yours,” she answered without stopping.

“I see. Well, I wish you happiness.” Leonard voiced back with a sad tone in his voice.

Even though I could not see his face anymore, I bet it had a hurtful expression. Vera was like an unmovable stone the whole way to the room. Once there, she broke down when Alijah set me down on a chair. She hugged me so tightly, body quivering.

Our brothers stared, not knowing what to say. Even though I still felt woozy, all I could do to comfort her was to assure her everything would be fine. Part of me wondered if perhaps it was the hormones making her act this vulnerable.

Usually, Vera was so hotheaded and independent no matter what, but for Leonard, she seemed fragile. Either way, I would try to comfort her any way I could. Though it would become much more complicated to do that. One would think Leonard would have dropped it after being told that so bluntly, the baby was not his.

Instead, the next day, during his free time, he would spend his time stalking Vera around, much to her displeasure. To me, though, it was rather cute how he tried to shower my sister with unwanted attention, even though she threw profanities at him. Though that was nothing new to him. I never knew someone could be so gentle like him.

When Vera asked him why he was wasting his time with her, he smiled at her without answering. Even though she did not want to read into it, all I saw was the way he looked at her. I think that was why Caden and Aiden barely said anything to Leonard, too.

The way he gazed at Vera was full of love and gentleness. I could not bear to say anything at all while he was with her, too. Even so, she did not want him around, so I took it within myself to ask him during the night training I had with him that day what his plan was.

“Leonard, why are you pestering Vera like that? I already warned you to not make her cry.” I started huffing.

It was not like I was angry at him. After all, I thought he should have been told from the start. He picked up one blade that was on the floor. It was almost as if he had been expecting the question from the moment he came in. A soft smile popped on his face because of it.

“If…” Leonard began, gazing at Alijah, who sat somewhere nearby.

My wolf never left me alone with anyone. For a moment, the vampire fumbled around in his head on how to answer me. I narrowed my eyes, unable to read him. His race was full of elusive little things, but they also valued honesty and honor above all else.

Perhaps that was why everyone saw them as graceful beings, while we Lycans were the wilder and domineering ones. Well, if I needed to dominate him to make Vera happy, I would. But at the same time, I would refrain from doing so if he answered me correctly. Only if he won me over, which he would have to dance perfectly with his words to do so.

“If there’s a chance that the baby is mine, I don’t want her to go through that alone,” Leonard answered.

That did not quite satisfy me. After all, if anyone needed him truly, it was his son who had lost his mother. Vera had us. She was not alone.

“But your son is alone, wouldn’t that also count for him?” I asked, causing Leonard to bite into his lip because of it, spinning the sword in his hands.

He was always so graceful, unlike my clunky self. Whenever I handled a sword, it would usually end up on the floor soon after. Well, if I tried to do any fancy moves like he so effortlessly performed. Then again, he had years of experience. I could not compare.

“I get to see him every day through the phones, and Gerta tells me everything I have missed. Sadly, though, he won’t remember me not being there, but Vera will. Even if the baby wasn’t mine, I wouldn’t want her to spend her pregnancy alone.” Leonard smiled bitterly, having had already gone through it with his fiancée.

Fuck… He… is too much.

I could not help but feel horrible for him. He truly was a kind man. Even so, I would not go easy on him. Though I wished my sister would let him in. That itself was unlikely, though. She would deny him the whole way. And even then, probably would prevent him from proving his paternity no matter what.

But… Why would he care? Vampires usually had one heir, and he already had that. So why care for two other ones? Well, not that he knew it was two. Unless…

“Do you have feelings for her?” I continued my query.

Leonard seemed surprised by my question. It kind of caught him off guard, something that I did not expect either.

Vera, the father of your children, can be adorable at times.

I did not sense an evil bone in him. Totally not like other vampires that were prunes and sticks in the mud. Then again, I guess everyone was an individual.

So, it was unfair for me to place everyone in one category. For a moment he pondered, glancing down at the blade in his hand before chuckling, turning back to face me. His expression was so gentle.

Oh, by the gods… Vera… he loves you too.

I knew that because my wolf always gazed at me the same way. Why had I been so stubborn before when it should have been so obvious? I guess it was obvious to everyone else but me back then.

“Do I? I wonder.” Leonard smiled gently, shaking his head a bit.

I frowned a bit at his ambiguous answer. It caused him to chuckle. He was such a tease, much like Alijah. And I was not appreciating him being vague. He would not leave me there for long, though.

“I guess she holds a place in my heart. We have known each other for ten years now. Wow, how time goes by.” He added.

I knew little about my sister’s past. Even though they knew each other since they were ten, I had never heard about him. Then again, she never talked much about the people she met or who she spoke with when she was with me.

I did not know why, but perhaps it was to prevent me from feeling bad because I was stuck inside. Vera...

“Leonard, will you tell me how you know you are a potential father? Because the way you said it earlier sounded more like you were sure rather than unsure.” I asked straight on.

 Leonard smiled because of it.

Does this man hide his pain through that smile?

I wonder…

“I always thought you were more of an airhead to notice that. Call me impressed, Rem.” Leonard chuckled.

I huffed, not liking the fact he called me that, but it was not like it was not accurate. I missed things, but this was too obvious. Though it also made me wonder why he was being truthful with me. It surely was not because vampires valued honesty. Was it because I was Vera’s sister?

“I have my moments,” I assured him, growling, trying to keep my slight annoyance in check.

He meant no harm with that comment. In response, he nodded, throwing the sword onto the ground, taking a seat nearby. I followed him. It seemed he knew I would not practice unless he answered all my questions. Or better yet, I could not concentrate enough to learn.

“Yes, I know for a fact that whatever Vera is holding in her belly is mine, but that’s something you won’t tell her, right?” Leonard answered.

I clicked my tongue in response. If Vera knew, she would…

“Probably not, that would stress her more.” I sighed, knowing full well Vera would not handle the news well.

She was already having slight issues with her pregnancy. She was holding twins. This was rare enough to happen with vampires. Usually, one twin would kill the other within the womb. Then again, the soul cairn could also play a part in it, too.

However, what was probably helping Vera was that she also had Lycan blood in her. So perhaps that was why she had not lost one twin yet. Though it was touch and go. The medic came in to see her every day.

In response, Leonard chuckled, glancing towards the ceiling of the room.

“The reason I know they are probably mine is that the blood tastes different for pregnant women. It’s bitter for us vampires. Even at the early stages, so I know for a fact she was not afflicted with that condition when, you know.” Leonard clarified, being vague at the same time.

I did not need to know further details too. He closed his eyes, remembering that night they had lived, triggering a gentle expression to come to his face. Though it was a night that did not concern me. It bothered me that Leonard had bitten my sister for her blood.

However, that was how it was to have sex with a vampire or their hybrid counterparts. In fact, they were sought after just as much as Lycans with their high drive for sex. They said their bites were pleasure-inducing and painless. They also left no marks the following day, making it impossible to know or prove if one had been bitten or not.

Something I would never experience, nor wanted to. All I ever needed was Alijah and his eternal touch.

“I see. So how are you sure that they are yours, though? She said she doesn’t remember who she slept with.” I continued to ask Leonard.

He sighed, glancing at me. Those blue orbs were…

“Because even though she is saying it, I know she isn’t that type of girl. I know because I took her virginity that night. Though I thought we had used protection.” He suddenly announced.

I was left shocked. Even after all the boyfriends she had, and even though she dated Ryker’s son for almost two years. She never once slept with any of them.

Oh, my fucking gods… How can you be so stupid, Vera? Did you really think he would believe your lie after sleeping with him while being a fucking virgin? Vampires can smell blood from far away! Even tell the difference between menstrual and normal blood! You colossal idiot!

I could not find the right words to refute Leonard for Vera's sake anymore. I just could not. This man, even though he knew he had been lied to for the past five months, almost six, still held the same gentle expression whenever he thought of her.

Vera… please… just let the man in already. He’s so good to you. And the father of your kids. He loves you!

“That was something I could have gone through life without knowing.” I winced, unable to face Leonard anymore.

He was being honest with me, and it stung me. What was worse was that he was technically family now, too. I was confused about what to believe anymore. Though Vera said nothing bad about him. In fact, she sang praises of him. Even though she cussed him out all the time.

“Fuck! You’re a respectable man, Leonard. I can’t find an evil bone in you.” I chuckled nervously, unable to believe that the father of my nieces or nephews was this sweet man that stood before me.

I already knew why Vera fell for him. There was nothing to hate in this man. He was surely not like other vampires I had seen. I mean, Tania was amazing too, but even she felt so far away. Though her career was always first, and Uncle Ben was okay with that.  

But why does Vera want to keep Leonard away from his kids?

I mean, she did not want to be a mother at all either, but he was not bad. No… she had made it clear before. It was not because of him she wanted to end, but because of what he represents. This man was a royal vampire, next in line to the throne, too.

Is that why?

“Please call me Leon. After all, you are the sister of the mother of my unborn child.” Leonard waved his hand in a friendly manner.

I could not help but give in to him.

Sorry Vera, but he already knows.

He knew from the moment he saw her. And from the way she acted in front of him, she also knew. Instead, I shifted to find information on why she was reluctantly withholding all of this from him. It probably scared her I would do something stupid. After all, she did not want to inform me, either.

But I already suspected it had to do with the vampire crown in Night City.

“Leon, do you know why Vera wants to keep this all a secret?” I questioned, glancing at Alijah, who had his eyes close, resting where he sat.

Though I knew he was paying attention to every word that was being said. His ears twitched at any noise. My brothers had taken the day off to help Sophie with a Cerberus task. One she had been doing to prepare for the blood moon.

For a moment, Leon paused, shaking his head.

“Hm... The only thing I can think of is if she has a dhampir or vampire, it won’t have a peaceful life. Especially with the royal blood coursing through its veins. It might even cause tensions within the royal selections.” He began tapping his hands on his knees.

“The royals don’t take kindly to us mixing with other races either.” He sighed.

It only confused me more than clarifying my doubts. After all, Vera’s children were not needed for the royal line. He had another child that fit the bill perfectly.

“But don't you already have a purebred child to ascend the throne after you?” I asked point-blank.

Leonard sighed again, glancing back at me. His expression had changed to one of disdain, smiling bitterly. It was an expression I knew well. Terrible memories were coming through his mind.

“Yes, I do, but if it’s anything to what you are, dear, then it becomes messy. Even if it weren’t, it still is messy.” He suddenly declared.

I could not help but growl at that. Alijah felt the tension of the room flips since he stood up from where he was, heading towards me. It almost felt like a personal attack on what I was. Then again, purebreds were always like this.

“What?” I muttered, not liking where Leonard was going.

It reminded me of something unpleasant that happened when I was young. Around five or six, when Great-Grandpa Evan tried to sell me off to one of the best bidders in the Lycan packs. I lacked memories from back then, but Dad put a quick stop to it. Mom almost killed grandpa too after Dad told her.

Sadly, Shade beat them to it much later, though.

“If the baby ends up like the twins, it’ll be fine. But if it turns out to be anything like you, then they’ll become a gateway for vampires to regain their lost magic. It was why my father tried to have Vera married to one of my cousins.” Leonard informed, glancing towards the approaching wolf.

“That was how we met. Your father refused though, of course.” He added, nodding.

I realized it was worse than I thought. Grandpa was doing it to purify my blood to get more Lycans like Dad, but from what he was saying. It seemed the baby would have more trails than I did.

Lost magic? Vampires had magic?! Since when?!

Caden and Aiden both were magicless, like dad. Vera and I had connections to a magical source, though they differed. Vera had witchcraft and the soul cairn while I had the soul cairn, and Fenrir's blessing before Midnight came along, making me into something more. The Lycan blood in Vera had made her completely stable when using her power with no backlash.

Unlike mom, who usually had to rest for long periods after she overexerted herself. The most I had ever seen mom suffer was a nosebleed, but Dad knew it could be much worse. In fact, if Mom were not careful with her magic, it could destroy her body, but that was not the case for Vera.

The most that would happen to my sister if she used too much magic was that she would get tired. Perhaps fuzzy her thoughts a bit. To be honest, I never thought too deeply about why she was sought after by all the races. My sister had proposal after proposal, all of which Dad refused to give into.

Of course, Mom was against it too, but Dad was the one who had the final say. Unlike Mom, who was fighting to grab more rights for witchcraft users, Dad was the head of the council and Cerberus. Thus, no one listened unless he spoke up.

Unlike Vera, I had too much Lycan blood in my system, making my magic unstable. That was until Midnight added even more to it on that faithful day that she saved me. Lumas could only breed with humans and Lycans. Thanks to that, I was not as sought after as Vera.

When I was younger, I had always been so jealous of her before, but this was too much. She did not know who saw her for herself or what she could give. It was the same that Alijah had suffered, but only that this time it was every race after her.

Luckily, she had Dad and Mom to protect her when she was a child. I guess this was why she was so cold to everyone. Though there was something else that concerned me. Leonard had called the baby a gateway for vampires having magic.

I had never once heard of that before, but maybe that was why Vera was so cautious. She knew more of history than I could ever know, always locking herself up in her books. So, of course, she knew.

Why didn't she tell me, though?

“Vampires could use magic?” I tried to focus.

Alijah embraced me from behind, almost protectively. His sudden touch made me feel safe, even though I had nothing to fear. After all, it was not my life we were speaking about. Even so, it unsettled me to know that Vera’s babies could have problems in the future. I could see why she wanted to end them.  

“Yes, they used to have magic similar to witchcraft, my love. Though their god punished them for becoming too greedy for it.” My wolf snickered at Leon, who rolled his eyes, shaking his head.

They never got along great, but it seemed a friendship had bloomed between them. A special one I would never understand. Then again, I did not have to. I was happy Alijah spoke to the vampire.

“Your mutt is right. The power to control the blood is a remnant of what we could do. After we offended our god, it stripped us of our magic. That was about five thousand years ago? I think.” Leon glowered at Alijah, not liking the tone he had used when he said that.

It was almost as if it was demeaning to Leon somewhat. Though what caught my attention was that Alijah had been alive when they still had their magic, or at least remnants of it. After all, my wolf said he already knew their god was stripping them of their power.

“Before you ask me, I never got to interact with the bloodsuckers. They weren’t my top priority during my rampage, but it was always a conquest and wars between them, us, and witches in the quest for power.” My wolf sighed, burying his face in my shoulder.

“Though even by my time there were rumors of vampires losing their magic.” He added, as if he had read my mind.

Right…

Alijah was young and sheltered by the Lycan elders back then. His first trip to the outside of Lyari was to Allora, where he was hooked by Lilith in Edna’s plan.

“I see, so that’s why Vera…” I understood somewhat of what was going on, but only a terrible thought came into place because of it.

It caused me to give off a purple hue as my temper was about to go off. My wolf tightened his hold on me a bit.

“Wait, is that why you slept with her?” I suddenly snapped at Leon, who seemed surprised by that.

He quickly narrowed his eyes, shaking his head.

“No, I was careless that day. We had both gone out drinking, and I allowed myself to be influenced by the spur of the moment. My previous fiancée told me something that kind of unsettled me before she died.” He sighed, taking out a pendant from his breast pocket.

“Sadly, she was right in the end.” Leon huffed.

Inside was a picture of her and their baby boy before she tragically died. She seemed sick of it, too.

“I never loved her how I should have. It was a forced courtship, though. Sadly, those never turn out as planned. So, I was a mess when Vera suddenly invited me to have a couple of drinks with her.” He continued, holding onto the pendant.

“She was stressed about something, and one thing led to another. Let’s just say my mind wasn’t in the game that night.” He smiled bitterly.

Alijah held me tighter, muttering something under his breath. It was heartbreaking how even Leonard was forced into a relationship, too. Even though he was born a royal, it was the same as the Lycans. Every race was the same ugly.

Can this world change?

Dad and Mom had been trying, but was it enough? No… It was not.

“It seems people are the same no matter what era I find myself in.” Alijah sighed, not letting me go.

I felt like fuming somewhat. This was all so unfair.

Why do people want to have a quest for power? Why do they need to have it? Is what they have ever enough? No, it isn’t. They always have to keep striving for perfection! Ah… I’m glad I’m not perfect. Is this why Fenrir made me this way? I’m supposed to be his spitting image yet... I surely am not as strong as him.

“Seems so. I know little of your past mutt, but I heard a few things. I truly hope Vera has a chubby little human child. They’re adorable little things.” Leonard chuckled, picturing the moment.

I frowned a bit. This man was too kind. They both deserved better. Too bad I could not do a damn thing for them. The only thing I could do was be there for their children and Vera.

“You’re weird for a vamp.” I pointed out.

He seemed surprised by my assessment. Those widened eyes and raised eyebrows signaled it.

“Am I?” Leon smiled gently, taking it as a compliment.

He never wanted to be like his other fellows. I could not help but feel only sadness for him. Grabbing onto Alijah’s arms, I held on tightly to him. I was so lucky. I had all I wanted with my beloved. This meant I should not desire any more.

Not when my sister could not fulfill her love.

“Yes, nothing like your father. Well, at least the impression I got of him.” I mumbled a bit.

Leon tilted his head a bit, chuckling before gazing down at the floor.

“Well, I was raised by my dhampir mother, perhaps that’s why.” Leonard suddenly announced.

Alijah and I were both surprised by his revelation.

So, he is… wait… wait… He is a hybrid? A strong-blooded one at that! Like Aiden and Caden!

“Wait, you aren’t his wife’s son?” I asked, unable to stop gasping too.

Leon smiled gently in response.

“No, I’m a bastard child that was recognized after his wife failed. We vampires marry for life, though that doesn’t keep our vows intact most of the time. Just like any other race. Though, that has to do more with these forced marriages.” Leon answered.

I felt like I had stepped too far into this. Though he did not show any hint of annoyance at prying into his life though. If it were Vera, she probably would have told me to shut it by now.

Shit… this is more complicated than I thought. I bet Vera knows too.

This family was more problematic than I thought. I wonder if Tania knew her nephew was not her sister’s.

“Leonard…” I mumbled, feeling like I might have overstepped myself.

He shook his head, reassuring me it was fine.

“Of course, Father lied about where I came from. After all, he murdered my mother when I was ten before taking me into that castle. I didn’t find that out until a year ago. Pitiful isn't it?” Leonard announced with bitterness written all over his face.

“Asher said I was his son. He had hidden away from the world. Of course, his wife accepted me and even treated me like her son. She was probably afraid Father would turn on her. Though, she quickly pulled away a year later.” He sighed, tapping the pendant.

“I don’t understand that woman, though. I think the queen and king are both afraid of each other.” He added, opening up to us fully.

Even Alijah seemed to resonate with the vampire's tale. Though Leonard seemed distant from the two parents he knew.

“Leon… that is…” I trailed off, not knowing what to say.

I mean, what could I? There was no way I could relate to him and his hardships. Sometimes having power was too heavy for one to bear.

He continued before I could say anything meaningful, “Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate my father for what he did. Something hard for me to do, but I promised my mother. I guess she knew where it was headed when he came looking for me. His actions also led me to where I’m today.”

He stopped for a moment, allowing a gentle smile to rise on his lips.

“I also met my second mother, Gerta. She raised me after that. And I met Vera because of him, too. Everything played out for a reason.” Leonard simpered.

Alijah clicked his tongue in response to hearing his story. If it were up to him, he would probably murder all the vampires. His goal was always to free the world of this type of pain, but that was not the way, either. After all, people like Leonard would have paid for the guilty too.

“That isn’t fair, Leon,” I growled, not liking what had happened to the blue-eyed vampire.

He shrugged; it was all in the past now. But after hearing that, I could tell why Vera wanted to stay far away from the vampires and their royal selections. If they wanted the babies, they probably would try to declare war for them.

I mean… Asher murdered a woman he impregnated like she was nothing. All to get a viable son to show off. Probably only used her for that end, too.

Pitiful.

If Vera knew any of this, then… Sadly, this was only one side of the story.

“There’s an air about you, Rem. One that makes me feel like I don’t need to lie to you. I wonder why.” Leonard smiled gently at me.

I found myself unable to feel anything but admiration for the man standing in front of me. He did not deserve any of what happened to him, but somehow his heart remained strong through it all. He would be a prominent leader and father if allowed.

“I finally figured out why your eyes are so beautiful.” I simpered at Leonard.

His expression suddenly changed to one of worry. Alijah’s demeanor shifted a bit the moment I said those words, since his grip on me tightened. I bet my wolf was giving the vampire a death glare, but I did not mean it in that way.

“Ah… I don’t think you should say that with your mutt around. He might misunderstand and get jealous.” Leon chuckled nervously.

I felt no type of attraction to him. I mean, he was beautiful to look at, but that was all it was. Alijah owned my heart in ways no one else would. I mean, we were fated from long ago. Lovers reunited after death.

“What I mean is, Asher’s eyes look dead, while yours are bluer than the sky. They are full of life. It suits you. I think I like you as a person, Leon.” I tried to clarify.

Alijah grumbled a bit as his tail wrapped around my waist. I was probably making him even more jealous, but I did not mean it in any amours way. Leonard simply had a kind and gentle air around him. That made me happy that he was the father of my nephews or nieces.

“Well, that’s a comparison I didn’t expect. The sky, huh? It’s very vast.” Leon chuckled.

My wolf was not happy at all, though I would hear about it more after we were done here. Probably.

“It also holds the cosmos.” I pointed out.

Leon slowly got up from the chair, chuckling. This man’s soul was beautiful. I felt like the wall we had between us shattered, allowing me to see him for who he was.

“Well, does that information please you?” Leon asked, gazing at me with gentle eyes.

I nodded in response. It was not what I wanted to hear, but at least I understood why Vera wanted to stay away from the royal lines. And I would do anything to help her too. Though she also wanted to keep the peace. To me, though, that would always be second.

The safety of her babies was all that matter to me. I guess I was not okay in the head if I was willing to start a war over this. Then again, I was Fenrir himself. And if I was going to start one, then it should be a classical reason. After all, most wars start from greed or love.

“Yes, kind of. Don’t worry about Vera or your kids. They won’t be missing a thing from their lives.” I promised, tail wagging.

Though I unknowingly slipped something that Leon caught instantly.

“Kids?” He mumbled.

I covered my mouth, noticing I fucked up. Though, his expression was not one I could let slide. He seemed utterly surprised, since that was rare for vampires. They usually only conceived one child each time. And if it were twins, usually one would always die before the other, which was why Vera was having a hard time.

Though I could not hide that from him any longer.

“Yes… she is having twins. Though don’t tell her I told you.” I informed, feeling jittery.

I probably made Vera’s life more difficult, but the moment I said those words, Leonard shook his head. Tears were almost visible in his blue eyes.

“By the gods… this girl will be the end of me.” Leon chuckled, wiping his eyes with his hands.

Soon after, he picked up the sword again, pointing it towards me. Alijah growled, not wanting to let me go. If it were up to him, he would drag me inside and question why I had complimented another man in front of him, but time was also running shorter with every day that passed.

“Now enough talk then, little luma. Shall we spar? You still have much to learn, Rem, and more reasons to make sure this world survives.” Leonard declared.

A soft sigh came from Alijah when he reluctantly let me go, still grumbling under his breath. I grabbed onto another blade, readying myself.

 Oh… I’m going to get it later.

“Bring it, Leon.” I accepted his challenge, pushing aside anything that came after this.

Though there was a change in his eyes. A glimmer of hope that was missing before today. Even though it was like any other training session, he seemed happy, disarming me almost every single time. I could never beat him either way, but I was getting better at keeping the blade where I wanted it to go.

Though I had a long way to go if I wanted to beat someone skilled like the vampire that taught me. I could barely stand my ground against him. He truly was amazing in his art, and what was worse was that he was not going all out on me. If he were serious about taking me down, he would use his blood control ability.

That alone would make things more than a simple mess. After the spar, I found myself again with zero victories against my teacher, who easily swept the floor with me. Even after a full five months of being constantly training with him, I could never get a single win.

Though the moment Leonard bid farewell for the night, Alijah took the spotlight. He seemed visibly annoyed by what I had said before. I had hoped he would have cooled off, but he seemed to have rage pulsing through him. To avoid the anger that was directed my way, I tried to head out of the stadium.

But instead of letting me go, Alijah grabbed onto my hand, yanking me towards where I was going. My destination was a hot shower before going to dinner. Though… I would probably miss dinner this time.

The moment my wolf closed the door with a lock, turning the newly installed sigil for the bathroom, I knew I was in trouble. Perhaps I should have worded what I said to Leonard differently, but I was not wrong. He had a kindness I had never seen. It probably was why Vera was attracted to him too.

I mean, they suited each other so well. Leon, with his gentle nature and composure, was the only one who could tolerate my sister’s explosiveness.

“Oh, dear Rem. What on earth were you thinking, calling a man beautiful in front of me?” Alijah growled, visually annoyed.

I could not help but nervously chuckle. Though he seemed angry. Even his eyes glowed.

“I did not mean it like that.” I started, trying to pace myself.

I knew it would not be long until he…

“You know that, right?” I tried to get him to understand.

Of course, we were talking about a Lycan. They never listened when angered. I yelped, suddenly finding myself on the floor pinned by Alijah, who ripped my shirt off like it was butter. My breasts were fully exposed to him. His crimson orbs were still glowing.

I had never seen him jealous before. Or ever, really. I guess I had never given him a reason to feel like that until now. It was a new thing, but it was also terrifying. Had I betrayed him by what I said?

“Wait! Let me…” I tried to defuse the situation, but my words seemed to leave me when my wolf took off my shorts and underwear.

It all happened in a blink of an eye. The way he was holding me, too, felt rougher and possessive. Something I did not mind if he did not seem visibly upset. Also, the bathroom floor was not the most comfortable on my back.

Is this what make-up sex is? No… it feels wrong.

I did not want him to be upset while he held me.

“I won’t let you do a single thing.” He growled loudly, licking my breast, causing a small whine to leave my mouth.

Although his touch always made me feel warm and happy. This time I… felt off. I did not want him to be angry with me while we made love.

“Please let me shower at least,” I begged Alijah, hoping for a breather.

In response, he smirked, letting my hands go as his freed hand traced my body down towards my vulva. The moment he caressed it with his fingers; I shivered. I was not going anywhere.

“I don’t mind your aromatic scent. It’s alluring. I miss it from our travels.” He smirked, putting pressure on my entrance with his fingers.

A second later, they invaded my walls, causing me to gasp at the sudden touch.

“You’re mine, Rem. You aren’t allowed to fucking look at other men.” He chided.

I grabbed onto the arm of the hand that relentlessly caressed my insides. Although he was usually wild and rough when he made love to me. I was not used to the cold eyes he stared at me with. I wanted the warmth that I had been so used to.

Spoiled with…

“I don’t look at anyone but you!” I tried to convince my wolf, attempting to hold my mewls.

He clicked his tongue, pulling out his fingers to give me a moment to compose myself. Or so I thought… when I glanced away, he undid his pants. I thought I had gotten through to him. That my punishment was over, but a second after that thought popped into my mind. He separated my legs, shoving his sultry heat into me with no warning or hesitation.

For a moment, I was breathless. It did not hurt, though. His fingers had moistened and loosened me before he plunged himself. In response, he snickered, licking my cheek. I tried to catch my breath, but it was never enough.

“Perhaps I should have fucked you right there. To make sure he knows you’re mine.” Alijah growled, holding my hips in place.

He huffed a bit, too. In response, I grabbed onto his arms again, trying to hold back the tears. I was not used to him being this rough with me. Maybe… I would have been fine with it after what I had done in the forest, but he had forgiven me for that.

The hard floor on my back was irritating me. It was hurting me. Yet what bothered me the most was that I had upset him with my careless compliment towards Leonard. I never meant for Alijah to feel this insecure about my feelings for him. He always seemed full of himself.

 But has he been worrying this whole time? Like I was before…

“If it would have made you feel better, you should have done so!” I mumbled, trying to catch my breath.

In response, he thrust himself inside of me, leaving no space between us. Grabbing onto my chin, he pulled me to face him. I had shifted my gaze towards the bathing pool next to us. Anything was better than seeing his cold eyes on me.

“Even if you would have been utterly embarrassed?” Alijah asked, intrigued by what had come out of me.

I could not hold it in. Tears rolled down my eyes. I did not like this. His voice was icy, too. Everything was so cold. These past few months, everything was so warm and comforting that it was all I wanted. I had been spoiled.

“I don’t care as long as you are the one touching me! Stupid, idiotic wolf!” I cried.

My words caused Alijah to snap out of his anger fit, suddenly picking me up by sitting upward from the floor, hugging me tightly. I clung to him, too. A curse left his lips, noticing he went too far.

A normal thing to happen to Lycans. Our temper was not always the best, much like the forest case. It could blind us until we snapped out. Though… I never knew he felt this way. I had been careless.

“Rem… Shit! I’m sorry. I lost it a bit.” Alijah apologized, cupping my cheeks in his hands, still inside of me.

His eyes seemed tender again, pressing his forehead against mine. This stupid wolf…

“I don’t even know how you might think I see anyone else other than you. Are you brain dead? Geez!” I grumbled, annoyed.

That would never be a possibility. I was made for him. No… I loved him since before I came to be in this world. All those memories were out of reach, though. He chuckled a bit before softly thrusting himself into me.

“Right, only I fit in this tight hole made just for me.” Alijah teased, getting back to his old self.

A soft whine left my lips, clinging to him in response. Instead of saying anything, I mewled in his ear, triggering him to get up, pinning me against the wall of the shower stall. There, he kissed me like there was no tomorrow.

Not that I minded. I reached to turn on the shower. Something he allowed me to do, only to yank me back into the embrace. In that stall, he showed me how much he desired me. This continued into the night, making me miss dinner with my family.

Not that I minded, after all, Alijah embraced me until dawn. I never knew he could be the jealous type. I thought he would be immune to it, but it seemed he was not. The next morning, I could barely move when I found myself in his arms.

He had overslept, cuddling me last night. Softly, I turned to see his adorable sleeping face. Even though it was pleasing to my eyes, I poked his cheek, feeling annoyed that I would probably miss my lesson with Leonard.

The moment my finger touched my wolf's cheek, his crimson orbs opened. Alijah grabbed onto my hand, yanking me onto him. Licking it, he held it hostage, smirking. I did not mind being on him like this. After all, it gave me a better view of my beloved. One only I could see.

I grumbled under my breath, grabbing his member with my free hand. My sudden touch on him triggered a moan to come out of him. It startled me a bit, not expecting it. A second later, a playful smirk rose on his lips, too. I had only done that to annoy him, but I soon found myself unable to resist his charm.

He was unfair. Unable to help it, I slowly slipped him into my walls. It was almost as if he had lit a fire within me, to the point I could not help myself from wanting him again. The last time I ever tried this was back in the inn when I cried like an idiot.

If only the old me knew I would be Alijah’s eternal love. Well, she probably would have still denied it then. Placing his hands on my hips, I swayed them, triggering his expression to change from playful to one of pleasure.

Adorable…

My hands pressed on his chest, making love to him fully incited by me since the inn. Rewarding me with moans, I could not help but want more of him. He slowly sat up to lick my chest. It felt forever since he had lapped my sensitive nipples like that.

That was when I noticed how much we had been holding off. This had been the first time since I started training with Leonard, having a moment like this. I mean, we usually made love once a day, but not like this. It had been a while since he had filled me with this much ecstasy.

Alijah probably felt the same, and that was probably why he felt jealous. We had not been as intimate as before. Then I went off, complementing someone else’s eyes.

Stupid wolf...

I would never look or touch anyone like I felt him. He was the most beautiful being in my eyes. Sharper mewls left my lips when I felt him bucking his hips into my movements. Not that they were not already leaving my mouth.

“Fuck, Rem. Ride me more.” He moaned, enjoying that I was doing everything.

A soft whine left my lips when he nibbled on my sensitive nob. The knot was slowly tightening with each sway. Saliva dripped off my lumps and his chin, too. Pushing him down, I continued to buck my hips.

“You like it?” I simpered, feeling bliss with every movement.

The feeling of his member sliding in and out of me was almost too much to bear.  

“Love it,” he smirked, gripping into my hips.

“Make me- Ah… fuck! Make me all yours.” A soft whine came from his lips.

It almost broke me. Though the look in his eyes snapped me out of my sanity. Before I knew it, I was kissing him like there was no tomorrow. Our tongues tangled, grinding myself on his groin. Before I knew it, my mind went white.

A sharp mewl left me, triggering my wolf to kiss me deeper, thrusting into me to find his release too. It only took him three more before he exploded within me. I panted for air, feeling my wolf's grip loosened from my hips. They fell onto the bed soon after.

A soft chuckle came from his lips, feeling all the warmth between our bodies. We were a mess again, fully sweaty too. Not that I minded it. I licked my lips, glancing at him. He would probably go for more, but we were already late.

Can I even stand?

I had not been this tired in a while.

“I love you, Rem.” Alijah professed, panting for air too.

It was pleasing to see after the love I had given him.

I simpered at him, “I love you too, dummy.”.

I did not want to separate from him at all. If anything, I wished I could forget everything I had to do, but… Softly I traced my fingers through the markings that Midnight had left on his face. It was near his eye, and it dragged to his chest.

I can’t take the easy way out anymore.

The warmth of his skin made me wonder if Vera felt the same for Leonard. It was sad that she did not want to give him a chance to be there for her. Although it seemed like he was already pushing himself into her life. It was not my place to say anything, but I wished she would allow herself to have someone there for her.

Like Alijah and me, who completed each other fully. That day, we were utterly late for my lesson. It brought joy to Leonard, though. He teased the fuck out of Alijah because of it. That night, though, Vera came into my room to complain.

She could not stop going on about how Leonard barely allowed her to do anything on her own. While she did so, I could not help but feel like a corpse after the day I had. Though my wolf was quick to give me a soothing massage. Though, I bet he wished our clothes were off for it.

Sadly, with my sister there, ranting her mouth, that was not happening. It was surprising how she did not care that Alijah was in the room. After all, I had not told him anything. Well, not that he did not know already. He was there when I spoke to Leonard.

And my wolf was difficult to trick, either. He had already deducted what happened long before, too. Though that did not stop Vera from complaining half of the night. Whenever Leonard was not with me, he was with her, making her blood boil. She called him too pushy, annoying, and borderline stalking.

Even though Vera seemed annoyed, in her voice there was a hint of sadness every time she spoke of Leon. She could not understand why the vampire would not leave her alone. After all, she had told him they were not his. He had no reason to be near her. I did not have it in me to tell her he knew otherwise. That was something they had to fix between themselves. If it ever happened.

Though, she also came with other news. The medic finally saw the babies' sex. My sister was having two baby boys, and she could not be more excited to find names for them. The way the mood completely changed from when she was speaking about Leonard to her babies was astonishing.

Of course, it would be around three to four more months before we could finally meet them officially. She was about to be six months after all. Meaning she had time to think about names for the babes. I could not help but smile when she showed me the images that the medic took. She asked for two copies so she could give me one.

Vera should have given it to Leonard, but I guess I filled that role for him. I guess I could show it to him later. My adorable nephews seemed to be healthy too. I wonder how Leon would react to the picture that was in my hand. Sadly, unlike Lycans, who had visible tails sprout from them as fetuses, vampires and humans did not seem any different until birth.

Vampires had somewhat pointy ears, much like mine. Though, Vera did not want to know their races either way. It would only make her stress more about their futures. A prospect that they would have to find on their two feet with us by their side, of course.

Those babies would never be alone. Because I would be there for them and her. That was a promise I would never fail at.

2