Chapter Twelve
607 9 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Obligatory Disclaimer : I do not own anything (except maybe OC characters) all characters, places, worlds, universes…etc mentioned here belong to their respective owners and/or companies. 

This is purely a work of fiction. Not meant to offend or incite, but to entertain and (maybe) inspire.


ALL THE SMOKE AND THEN SOME


There is a sound flesh makes when it pounds against metal, it is a thud, a soft, almost wet, yet silent ring. There is also another sound, one not so known, the sound of flesh tearing through metal. It is a grating thing that travels from the base of the spine to the back head in one unnerving burst, sending shivers along the back, shoulders and underarms.

Masses of dismembered flesh entwined with twisted metal lay unmoving in bloody, smoking heaps. Taking a closer look at their forms would reveal the dreadful amount of trauma sustained. Blood seeped through dents and tears in the metal that retained palm and knuckle prints, proof of the weapon by which their demise came. 

The boy, teen, hero or death god, the one in yellow, black and blue, the beast whose mask now bore crimson tinted glasses, whipped his stained arm backwards sending strands of blood and gore flying. Each step of his left blood stained prints in the cracked asphalt. The fire burning behind him from an upturned car left his visage almost shadowed out, making the demonic glint of his glasses stand out all the more. He seemed a demon unhurriedly striding past the flames of hell to grab and drag his victims into the bowels of darkness and death from which he came.

Why did they even return? A soldier asked his heart as his finger pushed against the trigger of his rifle so hard it ached and shook. Sweat trailed down his pores and regardless of the regulating effects of his uniform, it made his back wet and his eyes burn. He wanted to run, to hide, to leave his battlefield, but he could not, he was paralyzed. Frozen in place by fear and terror, by the undeniable fact that there was no escaping demise today. Death was here and he could not outrun it. 

He watched those in a similar position as he, just meters away from him, shot at the beast, unleashing an incessant stream of laser bolts and plasma beams, the nerve grating hum of rapid weapon fire akin to the wingbeat of an endless swarm of invading insects. He saw rifle nozzles turn red hot and then into slag metal as barrage after barrage was unloaded at the death god, no respite given to either target or the weapons themselves, it was a glorious struggle and yet it only ended for them to turn to splatters of red and pink and white and green—a polychromatic, pungent spread paint against the canvas of black soot covered asphalt. 

“hakk!” The soldier coughed, he’d inhaled some of the noxious fumes from the various crushed and burning cars in his surroundings—the aftermath of the youth’s slaughter of the general’s elite armored legion— and he couldn’t be anymore grateful for the unconscious act of coughing, it granted him his ability to move, to run!

The soldier crawled to his feet, tears in his eyes and snot down his nose, ignoring the comrades he swore to protect or die by as he ran towards the far-off portal, the only escape from this horror. 

Step, step, ste--cplat!-- thud.  

His body fell lifelessly after mere steps, his skull and brain matter plastered against the scorched side of a dented vehicle. The hero still crushed the fresh corpse underfoot, spreading viscera and blood on his blood stained boots and onto the ground.

It was cruelty, the utter disregard for life and brutality with which he treated them made the general revisit the reasoning behind coming back here. Had he not amply prepared soldiers and weaponry meant to match the youth in power and overwhelm him in range? Had he not been wise in preparing an even larger invasion force to account for variables? Perhaps much time had passed, making him forget the brutality but not the humiliation. Focusing on the effect but not the cause itself. 

The scent of blood and murder clung overwhelmingly to his form as though he brought the battlefield with him. A spirit of death and destruction, a being of pure callous carnage. He watched entire platoons turn to nothing, grinded to paste that would fertilize the soil on which they were spilled in but an eyeblink. The general observed streaming bolts—the ones that the youth allowed to—smack the youth’s body result in nothing but faint scratches that didn’t even singe the hair on him. 

He felt a tingle down his back when those hungry eyes finally found him, the curl of the youth’s lips when recognition dawned on them. He watched the youth disappear, the scanners in the general’s helmet worked overtime to track Invincible’s rapid movements. 

Beep! Beep! Went the scanners, a glaring red light overlined upon the youth’s form. At this point the general didn’t need them to locate the death god, for he could not only see Invincible but also feel the fingers plough into the thoracic region of his armor. 

The general was disoriented for a moment, taking into account the feeling of weightlessness that soon followed, he opened his eyes to confirm that they were indeed now high in the sky, high above miles of death and destruction and smoke.

“RAAAGH!” He roared in the face of his demise, terror made his body beneath the suit tremble yet he mustered up enough courage to unleash an attack—the last struggle of a cornered prey.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

He kicked and punched and screamed, pounding the reinforced steel fists of his powered exoskeleton against the death god sending a burst of air and mini shockwaves from the point of contact, and yet the youth still held him by the torso even as the tinted glasses broke, almost as if his devastating attacks were taps from a feather. He was thankful for the thickness of his armor, realizing that had it been any thinner the fingers that caressed his abdomen would have skewered him instead. The soldiers beneath him fired bursts of laser bolts and high yield plasma cannon blasts—made specifically to incapacitate the youth— in a straight line that left momentarily stagnant red trails through the atmosphere, all to no effect, the youth easily evaded the massive barrage of crimson plasma bolts.

He stared down following his captor’s gaze, the display of his helmet allowing him to focus, from this vantage point he could see others—youths like this one holding onto him— engage his distracted army who were more concerned with freeing their general from the hands of this. These youths did not bring death with them, not like the one that held him, they were elites, talented in coordinating their attacks to incapacitate as many of his soldiers as they could, some lethally, some not.

He knew what they were; an elite squad of soldiers. Unlike the one before him, this one was no soldier, no he was a tyrant who inspired others through terror and might. He was an overlord, perhaps those below could not see it but he could. Which was why he realized that any thought of being used as a hostage for negotiation was impossible.

Bang! Bang! Ban--

The struggles of the general abruptly ceased. His arms, clad in armor the size of a tree trunk, were seized by the youth who retrieved his hand from the general’s torso. Gloved fingers pried into groaning, glinting metal, making their way into the wiring of his exoskeleton, causing extensive damage to the internal mechanics and resulting in sparks arcing through the armor’s arm length. 

“ARGH!!!” Screamed the general, his voice echoing within the confines of his helmet. Metal collapsed around his wrists, red blood and pieces of bone seeping through the perforations made into the metal by the youth’s grip. 

Snap!

It was crisp, clean, and swift. One moment he was held by the wrist, and the next, both metal and the flesh they protected were torn apart from the socket, clinically pulled from the joint. Blood sprayed from the garish wounds. The general opened his mouth and all that left it was a voiceless, strained scream as he flayed his legs—his only remaining limbs in pain, tumbling down to the earth in an undignified, bleeding heap. 

The young hero tossed the arms up and dove down, leaving resounding sonic booms in his wake. Mark’s shoulder crashed into the general’s torso so hard it resulted in a shockwave that made the metal along with the general’s spine fold like a twig in the hands of a giant. The subsequent impact shock destroyed the exoskeleton’s inertia absorbers and consequently the general’s organs, causing him to vomit a mouthful of blood intermixed with pieces of his organs. 

A white line cut through the air and down into the earth, resulting in a large explosion that levelled the crash site, creating a wide crater and kicking up a massive dust cloud. When the dust cleared, all that stood within the epicenter of destruction was Mark and a mass of bloodied metal, the general was strewn about the crater in bits and pieces, as were his loyal soldiers who were unfortunate enough to be caught within the impact radius. 

Clap! Clap! Clap!

The boy whipped his head up, his eyes wide open. He knew that voice as he knew the landscape of his face or the beat of his heart. it was one that brought as many memories of terror as it did a pure urge of motivation. It was as though the man floating in the skies was covered in a golden aura, the sun shining behind him gave the illusion of a glinting corona overlaid on his visage. 

“That was great son.” Omni-man said in a proud tone, his voice confident and booming. Why would he not be proud? This was his son, using all he was taught to become a warrior to absolutely decimate the enemy to the point where they’d rather die than put up a resistance. Yes, dammit he was proud! His son had it in him; the aura of a ruler and the impetus to take a life, to face his fear and realize that it was an illusion that needed breaking to become stronger, and yes, the child had become stronger. 

“Now, let me show you how it’s really done.” Omni-man smiled, dashing into the portal with the fleeing soldiers. He was experienced when it came to dealing with invaders, and the most effective way was to deal with the root and not the leaves.

“Showoff.” Mark snorted. 

“Invincible, hey wait!”

He ignored the voice behind him and rushed into the rapidly contacting portal, this time making it through before it closed all the way through.

“Omni-man is his dad?” Rex Splode, teen team’s resident explosion expert, let out. “Wow”

*.*.*.*.*

“Dad, a day on earth is about a decade here.” Mark mentioned, acclimatizing himself to the new gravity and atmosphere as he floated in the crimson sky of the Flaxen home planet dotted by black clouds and clusters of architected spires that pierced through them, inhabited by the planet’s natives. 

The sky was dyed a shade of blood due to the red giant around which their planet rotated—a dying sun. Their world was technologically advanced yet remained barren from generations of scouring nonrenewable resources from their planet, ripping the very life force that sustained their world. And like bacteria in a dying host, they sought to spread to other worlds in hopes of migrating or pillaging resources to save theirs.

“Enough time to destroy them.” Omni-man replied, “Enough time to make you even stronger, without distractions.” He smiled, zooming into a Flaxan city center and turning it to dust and rubble within the span of thirty seconds.

‘Fuck me.’ The boy said to himself. ‘He’s gotten stronger too. Not much, but enough.’ He attributed it to Omni-man’s deadly tussle with the Guardians. His balled up fists trembled in anticipation of the future. Even with the ever present reminder of the weight on his soul to remind him of his task, a sinister glee brewed within him as he made to join the destruction of a world, after all; like father, like son, and who else was as good a teacher as Omni-man was?

*.*.*.*.


Did you like it or love it? Leave a comment/review to let me know. Hit the hearts if you wanna too. I hope this chapter had yall entertained and satisfied, ykno Rain keeps his citizens fed. Love you all, stay safe. Muah~

The Piper and The Huntsman: https://www.amazon.com/Piper-Huntsman-Hunt-Reign-Reid-ebook/dp/B092RDS87S

Big thanks to my Patrons, you do not realize the magnitude of good your support does. Thank you very, very much;

● Andreas Samuelsson (Slade Killson) ● Clinton (Titan Breaker) ● David J (Celestial Devastator) ● King_Reaper ( Kaiser Raiser ) ● PbookR (Infinity's Librarian) ● Ido Gormizo (Gravity's Tyrant) ● Godkingash (Heavenly Overlord) ● Frodo the fourth (Eternal Emperor), Belduim (Moon Maker)● Robert Jefferson (Notorious BFG) ● Simply Invincible (Onepunch Lord) ● Scott Shar (Fade Lord) ●Zack Crum (Master Z), ● Douglas Bernard (Atom Smasher) ● Douglas Pilkington (Storming Sword), ●Rebek (Radioactive Knife), ● Xedex (Kill Billie Jean),● Joseph Bipp (Bad Prince) ● Turtle (Slow Die) ● Aaron Kay (Mean Keyz) ● Jeffery McClurg(Chief) ● Devan Kincaid (Killa Tin) ● Scuffed Beetle (Jedi Goner) ● Luis Gomez (Killzoner) ● Wiley Chris (Pierce Bonbon) ● SavedMeerKat78 (Feral Idol) ● Windblown leaf (Gale Force) ● OneManArmy (Gun Gator) ● Wolfdragon Sage (Fire King) ● Ryan Mcmullen (Reynolds Slayer) ● Angel (Alpha Zariel) ● Danny M (Phantomizer) ●

Well, I'll leave you all to enjoy your day/night with me in your mind.

Till next time, Rain (the best ever) away!

You can come find me, 

ON TWITTER: @Rainreider https://twitter.com/RainReider

On PAT RE ON: https://www.patreon.com/ReidR41n

On YOUTUBE: https://is.gd/RaiNation

On INSTA (Where I post memes): @rainnmaine

29