Chapter Twenty-Two
379 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Obligatory Disclaimer : I do not own anything (except maybe OC characters) all characters, places, worlds, universes…etc mentioned here belong to their respective owners and/or companies. 

This is purely a work of fiction. Not meant to offend or incite, but to entertain and (maybe) inspire.


COMES AROUND


“I didn’t know. How could I know? How could I have known that Robot wasn’t actually a robot, but a monstrosity in a box who works with criminals?” I told the man in dark shades.

“He was not a monstrosity. He was a genius, one of our best prospects and you murdered him in cold blood.” He slammed his hand down on the metal table, the bang echoed through the dim room. The single white bulb shining down on his scowling features gave it a more menacing edge than it actually possessed. 

“I did not murder him. When I entered that warehouse, they appeared to be controlling Robot, I took out the assailants I believed to be responsible at that time.” 

“You could have called it in.” He fumed, his frown deepening.

Would he share the same sentiment if he knew Robot would slit Cecil’s throat down the line in an attempt to take control of Earth?

“Can you imagine what would happen if someone as smart as Robot fell into the hands of very bad people? Can you picture the amount of destruction they would wreak? I had to make a swift choice and I did.”

“He wasn’t in their hands. It was a clandestine operation that you solely sent to hell.”

“Oh? Please forgive me for not being present when you handed out the secret dossiers informing everyone of the mission. Forgive me for taking down the notorious criminals who attacked the white house and killed men and women sworn to protect our much beloved country. Please, won’t you forgive sir?”

“You think you’re funny?”

“No, I’m Mark.” 

Hahah, good one. 

Not now, brain.

“This isn’t a joke dammit!” He punched through the desk, the metal sheet sparking against his skin as his fist pierced through it. I understood why he was so angry, Robot was their golden child, with his frightening intellect and apparently unlimited future prospects, it was indeed a seemingly monumental loss on their part. Too bad they didn’t know what I did or saved them from. 

Did you save them?

“Am I laughing?” Or maybe I didn’t save them from anything, I killed someone for his future crimes, a fitting analogy would be that I strangled Hitler in the crib before he became Hitler. But the kicker is, what if he’d have never become Hitler? What if Robot wouldn’t have become the psychopath he was meant to be? What if I could’ve helped him in a better way? 

You see, the ‘what ifs’ would never end. There’s always a better way to do something, but was that way available or even viable? I don’t know. I know I’m not a great person, I know I’m not the hero, I can never be. A hero is larger than life, a hero is someone of light and pure good. 

What am I?

You are just a bastard in the body of one.

Yes exactly, brain. I was a bastard, exactly what the world needed. Why do you think I was chosen?

“Is that a threat?” This guy couldn’t be serious. I leaned in and brought my face inches away from his, so close I could smell his breath, so close it was enough to be called gay.

“Does it sound like one?” 

“Listen here--”

“No, you listen, I am sick and tired of being interrogated, I will be taking my leave in the next minute. Please, you can try to stop me.”

“Would you two ladies settle down?” Cecil entered the room through a glowing metal door, the dim room received much needed lighting from the various panels that had been kept off to add to the psychological aspect of the questioning.

“Donald, take a break.” He told the man, straightening his arm to me, a warm cup of aromatic coffee in it. I accepted it with a “Thanks” and placed it down on the desk, it looked as black as sin and sweeter yet. I didn’t like coffee and I wasn’t going to be drinking things given to me by Cecil regardless of how tempting they appeared. 

“You did good with the mars mission.” He praised, pulling an seat across from me. I caught the faint whiff of Sulphur wafting off him. It was oddly familiar due to the number of times I’d caught the same scent; once on my mom and once at the funeral. It would seem a certain demon had just been dealt with.

“Thank you.”

“But here’s the thing kid. You inadvertently took out one of our best people, now I know it was a mistake, I understand that, but these things just can’t go so cleanly.”

“I’m listening.”

“Good, because this is important. Robot filled a specific role, a much needed one. You know what role was.”

“How could I not.”

“Good, see now there’s no one on hand to fill that role. You’ve basically singlehandedly crippled our efforts unless we can find someone suitable.”

“No.”

“Yes, I’m looking at possibly the best candidate on the planet.”

“No, Cecil, no.”

“You’ll have to step up and lead the New Guardians.”

“I don’t want to. I’ve made it clear I don’t work well in teams.”

“You’ll learn kid, you’re young, you’re smart, you’re perfect for this. You’ve got the experience and the firepower. And these people, they respect you like they respect your dad. They will listen.”

“I can’t do it Cecil, your team will only slow me down. I’m much more effective as an individual unit.”

“That may be the case but you can teach them to at least run a step behind you. Look kid you’ll still have your freedom to operate solo, no one’s taking that away from you, all we need is you to take the wheel. Make no mistake, you have to do this, you’re our only option.”

“I have to, don’t I?” I killed Robot, I do have to pick up the slack. My imagination was much more cleaner than what reality dished out for me.  

“Yes, we need you. Your world needs you.” He implored with a kind smile. The one that knew he already had me, the bastard. I could refuse it, I really could, but this could do wonders for me, my plans and my reputation. After all, God-emperors needed their loyal fanatically subjects armies. 

And it brings us closer to Duplikate, our sweet Asian Duplikate.

Shut up, brain.

She luv us 4 velly lonn tyme.

You’re a fucking idiot, brain.

“I accept your offer.” I sighed, the man beamed and shook my hand. 

“I knew you had it in you son.” He smiled, no doubt happy to tie me down to the planet and its interests via the relationships I’d foster. His own personal soldier against the threat that was Omni-man. I couldn’t betray earth even if I wanted to Cecil, calm down. 

“But only until a better guy comes along, Cecil.”

“Sure, of course.” He grinned with grease, I knew the spot would be mine forever. “We’ll provide a change of clothes and a lift home so you can get some much needed rest.”

“That’d be great.”

“We’ll handle things here and call you in to get you acquainted to your teammates after we make the necessary announcements.”

“Fine by me.”

*.*.*.*

When I reached the house, I decided to sit by the front door. The steady, consistent bang of hardwood against the wall accompanied by partially audible soft moans and grunts was enough to keep me well at bay. 

They were probably remodeling and laughing about it. 

Remodeling her insides maybe.

I hate you, brain. 

Crystal was wrapped around my finger, literally, in the form of sea blue crystalline ring at the base of my index. Despite the hard exterior I could feel her gentle warmth on my skin.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

“Hello lovely.”

“Look who’s back in town.”

“How’d you even know?”

“You updated your status.”

“Stalker much?”

“Shut up you. You couldn’t even call me.”

“Well I was going to.” 

“Liar.”

“Whatever you say stalker. Did I tell you how much I missed your voice?”

“Tell me.” I could hear the smile in her tone.

“Like Wanda misses her kids.”

“Who?”

“You wouldn’t get it.” I laughed. “Wanna know what else I miss tho?” 

“What?” 

“Your lips. The ones between your thighs.”

“Mmh tell me--Wow, you two are sooo nasty!” A voice intruded on the call, one I’d heard somewhere before. “Hey I want in on the action too stranger!” They yelled. “Zeph you bitch gimme my phone!” Eve shouted at the cackling voice. “Call you later lover!” Zeph giggled and hung up.

BZzT! BZzT!

She sent me a text.

Amber: come join us if you’re free. Will’s here too.

Mark: Where?

Amber: Zeph’s aunt’s place. Not too far from yours. 

Amber: View live location

Mark: is there food?

Amber: Of course lol.

Mark: Will be there.

The bang was still going strong inside, I had no intentions of interrupting them.

I walked to catch to reacquaint myself with the sights, not that I forgot what the suburban jungle looked like with the cookie cutter mold homes, mowed lawns and clean streets. I just felt like walking.

“Yo Marky Mark!” 

“Sup Jules.”

“All good man.”

“As is should be my G.” I waved back at my area peeps.

BZzT! BZzT!

It was who I thought it was. 

Eve: Welcome back. 

Mark: Missed me?

Eve: Like a broken finger. 

Mark: Heh. I missed you too, Evelyn.

Eve: Say it to my face. 

Mark: I will when I see you.

Eve: Promise?

Mark: Promise.

[You have reached your destination.] I stared at the house pointed out on the map, a humble family home on the nice part of town. It was as nice to look at as you’d expect it to be. 

I walked past the well-maintained lawn and flowers, climbing the steps that led to the door. I rang the doorbell. 

“Aunt Mel, someone’s at the door.” That was Will’s voice.

“I’ll get it will. Thanks for being helpful.” That voice sounded oddly familiar.

“Hello--!!” The lady opened the door with wide smile, her beautiful freckled face, her wide hips and outstanding bust. Her rose scent and the body I knew well, that body I’d done very unholy things to.

“Well fuck.” It was the Milf. 

*.*.*.*.*


Well, well, well, how the turns have tabled. Hope you enjoyed it and it made your day/night. Stay dangerous. Much love. 

Leave a comment/review and likes. Feed my soul.

GIGANTIC shout out and thanks to my Patrons, you do not realize the magnitude of good your support does. Thank you very, very much;

● Andreas Samuelsson (Slade Killson) ● Clinton (Titan Breaker) ● King_Reaper ( Kaiser Raiser ) ● PbookR (Infinity's Librarian) ● Ido Gormizo (Gravity's Tyrant) ● Godkingash (Heavenly Overlord) ● Ibrahima Gueye (Relentless) ● Douglas Pilkington (Storming Sword) ● John donut (Sugar Rush)● Turtle (Slow Die) ● Devan Kincaid (Killa Tin) ● Wiley Chriis (Pierce Bonbon) ● OneManArmy (Gun Gator) ● Danny M (Phantomizer) ● Adam Moret (Kilforce) ● Leslye Pena (Red Sage) ● Patrick Seastar (Jack Sins) ● Mahad (Power Supreme)  ● Kobe Brown (Gold mamba)● Garrett Conley (Mufasa Lincoln) ● Xerias (Spartaforce) ● ____(Kabuto Ken) ● Luther.T (Rexor) ● Echan Clinch (Oni Oni) ● Baron_Dio (King Menace) ● PhotoStorm Photography (Night Shadow) ●

Well, I'll leave you all to enjoy your day/night with me in your mind.

Till next time, Rain (the best ever) away!

You can come find me, 

ON TWITTER: @Rainreider https://twitter.com/RainReider

On PAT RE ON: https://www.patreon.com/ReidR41n

On YOUTUBE: https://is.gd/RaiNation

@Rainmaine on Instagram.

18