Selecting Ninken
2.8k 5 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Knock Knock Knock*

A boy who was sleeping in his bed was woken up by the knock on his door.

“Yama, wake up. You are going to choose a Ninken today no matter what.”

The boy rubbed his eyes and replied while yawning “Ok, I will be down soon.”

*Sigh* ‘I don’t want to select a ninken, nor do I plan to learn the ninjutsu of the Inuzuka clan. The jutsu of our clan isn’t that great this can be proved by the fact that we don’t have anyone notably strong in our clan. If I remember correctly Kiba didn’t play that big of a role in the original story because he lacked the strength to do so.’

‘But I don’t want to annoy mom for no reason and make my life harder so I will select one cute and strong ninken to be my pet.’ Yama walked out of his room with all those thoughts in his head and walked to the kitchen for breakfast.

Soon he finished eating breakfast and went to choose a ninken. On the way to choose a ninken, he saw Tsume Inuzuka. Tsume and Yama were cousins, Tsume was 10 years older than Yama and she thought Yama as a cute younger brother and Yama loved it because she would often spoil him and buy him delicious food every time they met.

Tsume saw Yama walking alone so she immediately came near him and started pulling his cheeks. “Where is my cute brother going?”

‘Wasn’t she supposed to be a strict mother? Why is she so different compared to her older self?’

“It has already been one month since I turned 4 and I have still not chosen my ninken, so I am going to choose one today.”

She suddenly pulled his ear and started scolding him. “Just because I spoil you doesn’t mean I will let you off when you are being lazy. You have one of the highest potential we Inuzuka’s have ever seen. You have one of the highest chakra volumes even compared to kids a few years older than you and your sensory ability is also exceptional. So I won’t sit here and watch you waste your potential.”

“Ouch ouch, I am going to choose a ninken today so stop pulling my ear.”

She let go of his ear. “I am gonna go with you and make sure you choose a ninken today.”

Soon both Tsume and Yama reached the place where the ninken were bred.

“Yo Tsume chan, it’s been a while since I saw you what brings you here today.” The Inuzuka guard outside the breeding center said to Tsume.

“I know I have been busy since I have been promoted to a chunin, I just returned to the village today after completing a mission and I met this lazy kid on the way so I am here to help him select his partner.”

“Hello, I am Yama Inuzaka.” Yama introduced himself.

“So you are the kid everyone is talking about, work hard kid you are the hope of our clan.”

‘Not this again, I don’t want to have any responsibility, I am just a 4-year kid for fuck sake stop putting your hopes and dreams on me. It’s not like I don’t want to be strong it’s the opposite, I want to be the strongest but not because I want to make the Inuzuka clan proud or make them the strongest clan in Konoha or to defend Konoha or be the Hokage.’

‘I just want to be the strongest so that I can do whatever I like whenever I without any consequences. After I become the strongest I am just going to laze around every day and boss other people around for fun, I don’t want to have any responsibility, I just want to be free and live a life where I can do whatever I want.’

Yama was a little annoyed and clicked his tongue. “Can you hurry up and let me choose my ninken.” He said with an annoyed tone.

The guard chuckled. “Looks like you are eager to meet your new partner.”

Tsume and Yama both entered the breeding center, where he could see about 100 puppies. He wasn’t a psychopath so he didn’t hate dogs but was rather fond of them the only reason he didn’t get a dog in his past life was that he didn’t want to take care of one.

“Observation Haki” Yama murmured, an invisible aura came out of his body and covered the radius of 10 meters. Now he could sense everything within that radius.

(AN:- For those of you who don’t know how long 10 meters is about the length of one school bus also remember I said radius.)

‘Looks like I am making decent progress now let’s find one cute, smart and strong puppy so that I won't have to take care of him too much.’

Yama checked which puppy had the highest amount of chakra using his observation haki, since all of them were very young none of them had too much chakra but among them, 3 stood out to him. Those 3 puppies had nearly double the amount of chakra compared to their peers.

He was looking at the 3 puppies using observation haki and one of them looked back at him almost as if he knew Yama was looking at him. Yama was surprised by this because even most shinobis couldn’t tell he was using observation haki. Tsume who standing next to him also couldn’t tell he was sensing her despite being a chunin.

He walked towards the petted and petted him a bit. The puppy rubbed his body on him and it looked like it liked getting petted. The puppy had white fur on his underside, most of his face and ears, and in the tip of his tail. The black fur covered the rest of his body like a cape including the patch around each of his blue eyes.

Tsume walked towards Yama and looked at the puppy.

“Are you sure you wanna choose this puppy? He is smaller compared to the rest of the group and also looks a little weaker.”

“He might be small but he is by no way weak compared to the rest of them and his small figure adds to his cuteness, I have decided I am gonna choose him.”

48