Chapter 13: The Exposed Gamble
185 8 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Morph: Wolf has leveled up to 5!+10 to Magic +25 to Movement]

[Light Heal has leveled up to 8! +5 to Magic]

[Light Attributes has leveled up to 3! All light attributes spells, skills, effect +10% effectiveness, -5% cost. +10 to movement, +25 to magic]

[Druid class has reached Level 8! +32 to magic +15 to Movement]

[Firearms Mastery has ranked up to D-! +25 to Movement, +10 to Physique]

[Charge Shot has leveled up to 6! +7 to Movement, +3 to magic]

 

NAME: Samson Michaels

AGE: 19

 

MIRACLE

?????/????

GODS

???/????

 

CLASS: Combat Officer

MANA CLASS: Druid (Lv8) 07%

 

RANK: Battle Acolyte

ATTRIBUTES

Wind (Lv1) Light (Lv3) Water (Lv1)

 

STATISTICS

Physique 53

Movement 110

Magic 187

 

PASSIVE SKILLS

Firearms Mastery (D-)

Blades Mastery (C+)

Terran Combat Series: Lion Fist (D+

Resilience (E-)

Mana Control (E+)

Night Vision (E-)

Regeneration (E+)

 

ACTIVE SKILLS

Charge Shot (Lv6)

Quick Draw (Lv6)

Swift Thrust (Lv4)

Lion Stomp (Lvl 5)

Lion Strike (Lv3)

Lion Claw (Lv3)

Wind Blast (Lv3)

Wind Drag (Lv2)

Light Heal (Lv8)

Morph:(Wolf Cub) (Lv5)

 

The moment we went into the tent, I shifted my attention from my stat page. There was a lot change and a whole more growth even though I wasn't really in combat. The bonus stat points from my skills, attributes and class leveling up does not seem to be set, but is rather random. Higher levels for active Skills or ranks for passive Skills seem to give bonus stat points randomly.

Perhaps it's more like what particular stat governing the skill you used the most, that would determine the amount of state your receive when it levels up. But still there's a lot of holes in there that I don't want to fall into, thinking about it too much would give me a headache.

Leveling up completely refreshed me, my exhaustion was eliminated and I felt stronger and filled to the brim with energy, and my magic? I could actually feel it now. Under my skin, thrumming with a delicate sound yet ready to lash out with a Roar of thunder. I was fast and my magic was strong, I could probably spam light Heal for 30 minutes and not even get tired as I am. Though my physique seems to be lagging behind I wasn't too worried, I was plenty strong as it was and would only get stronger.

"Is there a reason why you're zoning out." Ricardo asked as he brushed past me with a smile on his face. I rolled my eyes at him and answered.

"There's a weird door with a human's skull on it in front of us, I think I've earned myself a few seconds of Zoning out." I replied to him as I moved forwards, where Andrej and Kimberly were taking a closer look at the entrance of the dungeon.

The metal outcropping that nutted into the sky like some sort of horn.... Or a fin, had a door on this side. But said door had an emblazoned human's head on it, depicted in a silent yell of harrowing horror and encased in brass. There was a slot where the mouth was located, but instead of a key there was an indentation where you could put your palm print.

"Would any one of you guys like to do the honors?" Kimberly asked, her platinum blonde hair streaked with dirt and door.

"I think we should let our fearless leader take care of it." Amina suggested, tugging her Hijab back into place as she smiled at me. I smiled back at her and then turned that smile in Andrej's direction.

It was then that I noticed that everyone else was looking at me, except for Malkova who also was looking at her brother. I turned around shock on my face as I held my hands out and cried out.

"Come on! I'm no leader, that's always been Andrej's job at the academy. So let him do what he's been trained for, if that thing is going to chop someone's hand off then better him than me anyways." I said to them as I took a step back and folded my hands, but still they were looking at me.

"In the academy we're taught that the position of leadership should not be given to who you want for the job, but who has 'proven' themselves right for it. Until such a time that you prove to be unsuitable for the position, it shall remain yours. Don't you agree Andrej?" Kaixuan asked, a smile on his face as he turned to Mr. Perfect.

"Of course, Samson has saved us all and proven to be an exemplary soldier and comrade. I will not be make the mistake of underestimating him again, am I right guys?" There was a smattering of 'yes' 'yeah' and 'sure' after he finished speaking, but for once I didn't think he was happy about this.

Heck I don't think Andrej has been happy about anything so far, he was scheming something and I don't trust him. I was healing him up until the point where he would regain consciousness, but he had already done so and kept quiet until I almost drained myself to death, and then he gave an excuse of not wanting to stop me so that I could focus on my work. I turned to move towards the door, then I stopped, suddenly hit by an epiphany.

Malkova had a severed spine and severe internal damage. It took me 5 finest as much [Light Heals] to get back into shape. Andrej had looked close to death, but from my deduction he still had a few more minutes of life left in his body before things got dangerous. But if that were the case, why did it take only four or five [Light Heals] to get him back into shape. No other healing had been administered and yet I had seen him moving things about.

"Samson what's the hold up man?" Ricardo asked as he looked at him, but I ignored him and levied my gaze onto Malkova. I didn't say anything, I just stared at her, until I saw what I was looking for, a flicker in her emotion. We were all trained to withstand torture and information probes from elves, but my uncle made sure to train me how to do the same with humans, and nobody here had sat in on that class.

"Why?"

"Why what?" If this were some movie or a story, it would take time for me to discover the betrayal, heck I would probably be dead by then. But the person I am right now, down here on the godforsaken planet and universe where everything in it wants to kill me; I won't tolerate getting screwed over by my own people. Because if that was how things would go, then what was the reason for fighting, when the people that are supposed to watch your back are the ones trying to stick a knife in it.

"She didn't have much of a choice-"

"Andrej!"

" No Malkova! There's no lying to me him about this, he's different now." I ignored them both and turned to the others...

"Are you guys in on this too?" But there was no answer, only silence with Kaixuan being the only person who held my gaze.

"I refused." He said to me with a sombre tone.

" You already infiltrated this place showing more guts and balls than I could have ever imagined from you small man. They outvoted me you see, apparently due to your lack of miracles your value wasn't as much as theirs. They didn't want to wait for your own time, even when they knew you wouldn't let anyone of them die. You are...were much too weak for them to place their lives in your hands. You were never one of us in the first place after all."

I took a deep shuddering breath, my shoulders shaking as I struggled to restrain my anger and deep pit that was forming in my stomach. I turned to Malkova my glare even more intense, so much so that her brother stepped in front to shield her from me."

" I reattached your bloody severed spine and plugged a hole in your traitorous lying body!"

" Come on Samson, I know you're angry but it hasn't gotten to the stage where you would throw names. Everything turned out for the better didn't it?" Nguyen said as she stepped forward to place her hand on my shoulder.

"Shut Up!" I didn't have to tell, I don't tell when I'm angry. My uncle says it's a good thing, it makes me unpredictable and unsettling.

"The elves are out there looking for me you psycho! I killed a bloody dark elf prince just so that I could save your life and then delivered myself on a platter of gold just so I could save the rest of you. And you all decided to gamble with my fucking life! If I died then if was no sweat of you shoulders as I was a Miracle less braggart who should never have been put in the same room as the rest of you! I can't believe I almost let you all rope me into putting my life on the line again! Well then! Since none of you care wether I live or die and one of you decided to just keep quiet and let the rest of you fuck with me then let's just assume I'm already dead. We can start ignoring each other from now henceforth."

" Samson I-"

" Not another word Kaixuan! You made my life a living hell in the academy, but I never took you for a coward. You've sullied your pride and your honor, and now you get to live with it." I turned and marched towards the dungeon's entrance, only for Andrej to step into my path.

"I can't let you go Samson. I understand your grievances, no one would like to be used like an expendable Resource, but now that has changed. You're the most important cog if this machine is to work and we're to survive, only you can heal here, and it is at such a high level that it's completely invaluable. Just bear with and follow under my command, once we're safe you can submit a report to a commanding officer and we can-"

" Wind Drag!" Andrej was pulled off his feet and sent flying towards me where my forehead met the bridge of his nose, moving with such a speed that even I was shocked. " Wind Blast!" He and his sister who was coming to his aid where thrown backwards as I pulled out a hand cannon and pointed it at the others daring them to make a move.

I picked a little more ammunition from the cart and another rifle, before walking towards a Malkova with what was probably a dislocated shoulder and her brother with a broken nose and hopefully more injuries elsewhere. I knelt in front of him then pointed at the insignia on his chest, good old planet earth with golden wings and crown of vines around it's middle.

"This is Battle Acolyte Samson Michaels, due to extenuating circumstances I have decide to formally tender my resignation from the Terran Coalition army. On grounds of your brightest stars attempting to murder me. My resignation can be negotiated assuming you all feel I am still of value, then you can convince me to stay. But as of this moment I'm going off on my own, I can not work or function well with this unit due to my inability to trust them. I look forward to hearing from you... If I survive this."

Was I being impulsive.... Extremely. Would I regret this later on.... Probably, in fact I already do. The military was the only plan I had for my life, the only thing I've ever known since my parents were killed. I always thought it was a bastion of values that were good and just, honest and true. But the future of the Terran coalition army just used me, put my life in danger and were ready to write me off as collateral damage. These guys won't be saving Earth, they'll destroy it.

I marched towards the door and placed my hand on it, the moment I did I received a prompt.

[You are about to enter Dungeon: DurkenHolm!]

[Recommended Level is 12-30/ Recommended Party Size is 4]

"It's a level 12 to 30 dungeon, with a minimum party size of 4. You guys are the ones with the miracles, so this should be a breeze. We either see each other at the end of you'll find my corpse. Tell my uncle I love him and fuck all of you!"

[You're now Entering Dungeon: DurkenHolm!]

A NOTE FROM ANONE LIONHEART

Sorry this came late, been running around for a while. Thanks for reading guys.

9