Chapter 25 ** I Love You **
340 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Back to Malory’s point of view)

 

For so long, I had been trapped inside the area with traps, that I thought there was no end to it.

Honestly, I thought it would only last half a day…

After six days of endless traps, I had to admit it…

I was completely lost!

So extremely lost…That I didn’t know where I was going anymore! North, east, west, south…I had no idea!

Since I admitted that I was lost, I decided to climb a tree!

When in doubt, find high land or something…

But…What I found…Was the west gate in the far distance…

I laughed then, I couldn’t believe it!

After some time of dealing with some of the traps, I must have turned north! No wonder the traps didn’t disappear!

Shaking my head, I smiled.

But…Life was good. I felt like I wasn’t in any rush and that this was fine too!

It wasn’t like people were waiting for me or that my life was in danger…

I was…Still free!

 

Sighing, I sat there in the tree and then wondered where to go, I saw the end of the tree line, where the traps would stop, on the side where Icklish was…But, I was originally wanting to go west…

I laughed again!

I wanted some time off!

I will continue…Well, try to continue another day, but today, I wanted to get out of here!

It wasn’t like it was hard work, as the traps had some animals in them that I could easily eat!

The traps were easily avoided too, now that I had experience from being in the army, so, I was just doing this leisurely, only once or twice getting scared.

I don’t know what it was, but I felt strong. I didn’t feel weak anymore.

I felt like all the things that had happened to me and brought me to this day, was starting to become more of an experience to learn from, instead of a nightmare.

Smiling, I happily got up and started to go back down the tree, to get out of this area…

I had to focus!

So, I kept a close eye on the closest exit and finally got out after another few hours.

Now…I had to find somewhere to sleep!

 

I walked back down towards the south, having gotten rid of my horse before I went into the west where the traps were, so I had to walk, and soon I found a town not too far away.

It wasn’t a town I had spent much time in before, but I really didn’t want to stay, as it was small and didn’t hold anything that looked entertaining to me.

Strangely, I liked farms better then towns that had markets and libraries…Or whatever…People…

Even though I had been a slave and was forced to work on farmlands, I really didn’t understand what held the appeal and why I liked them so much!

Nonetheless, I casually stayed for a night and spent little time there, seeing nothing to continue to stay for. So, it was time to try and go through the bush of traps once again!

But…

Looking at the western gate, quite a distance away, I wondered if it would be worth going through there instead...

I saw a little beyond the gate, while I was in the army, but would it really be worth going through the soldiers there?

Of a long period of time over the years, no one was allowed in or out because of the change of countries, but lately, they had let people travel once again.

Would it be worth trying to get into the western land, by using the gate and seeing the soldiers?

Not sure on what to do, I just stood there…Watching…

I wanted to see someone go in and out, perhaps they needed something or perhaps the gate was still closed?

Mulling over the direction in which way to go, I sat down in the grass, the town behind me and the gate in front of me.

Picking up a piece of grass, I play with it while watching the gate…

 

 

In the space of three hours, nothing had happened!

I didn’t see people go in or out, nor did I see many soldiers.

I started to wonder if I was worrying to much and should just go there and ask. Perhaps I could walk straight through without a problem!

If Kael where here…

Looking down and frowning, I closed my eyes and tried to push that thought away.

I didn’t want to think of him…

Sighing, I decided that I needed action.

I needed to do something, as it was, I had wasted three hours…

No…

I hadn’t wasted three hours…

Haha! I was free to do as I please, and if I want to sit here for three hours…Then I’m going to sit here for three hours!

Haha!

Wiping my clothes, to get any dirt of me, I smiled and walked forward determinedly…I was going to see what happens!

Excitement went through me as I took each step closer to the west gate.

Life was so different when I controlled it!

I didn’t know what I was doing at all!

And that felt good!

 

I noticed something, now that I was fully free…I was probably just as odd as father in law!

I just wanted to laugh and be merry all day long!

No secrets, no bullying, not abandoned, not abused, not dying, not scared…

Ah! Life was good!

Twirling around in a circle, I looked up and saw the sky. How pretty the sky is!

Actually, now that I was looking up, it looked like it might rain soon…

Stopping, I wondered if I should go through the gate today. I don’t know much beyond that gate…If it started to rain and get dark in a few hours…

Taking a breath in, I smiled…Oh well!

I’ll do it…Tomorrow!

Laughing, I turned and…Stopped…

Losing my smile, I just stood there…

“Puppy…”

…Seeing that person take a step towards me, I stepped backwards.

He stopped and gave me a pleading look, “Please, Puppy.”

I shook my head and took another step backwards…

 

I had only just felt freedom, I didn’t want to lose it!

I knew what my fate held if I was to let this man back into my life!

No!

“Don’t make me catch you, Puppy!”

Uh?

Why was he talking like that!

Like nothing had changed between us, like he didn’t abandon me!

Shaking my head again, I took another step back.

“I love you.”

Stopping, I stared into the grass before me and felt that perhaps I was hearing things.

“I love you.”

There it was again!

It can’t be true!

“I didn’t know, I didn’t know that you were ‘Lorrie’, I wanted ‘Lorrie’, I looked for ‘Lorrie’ everywhere, I wanted…To be always together! I didn’t know…”

Still not having moved, I swallowed at his words, I blinked and felt myself breath in and out.

‘I wanted ‘Lorrie’, I looked for ‘Lorrie’ everywhere, I wanted…To be always together!’

Closing my eyes briefly, I opened them with new resolve.

I wasn’t ‘Lorrie’!

Looking up at him, I said, “Lorrie is dead.”

 

“Puppy! Please, please just give me a chance!”

I shook my head and backed further away.

I didn’t want to trust in anyone, if I trusted someone, then I will only be let down.

Seeing Neil there…

Stopping again, I stared at Neil…

“Lord Billings told him everything he knew, even about Lady Billings…”

Feeling my eyes get watery, I looked away…

It didn’t matter if Kael knew everything, that was ok…

“Puppy…”

I didn’t want to hear it!

“No more Puppy!” I spat it out, like they were disgusting words.

Kael…I saw his desperate look and he nodded, “Ok, I won’t say that.”

I don’t care…

“Go, I not go with you.” I then turned and started to walk away…

They were hard steps, heavy steps, but I…

“My precious wife, come back to me! Let’s be together…Always!”

Taking a deep breath in, I stopped and put my hands to my face, shaking my head.

If I go back to him…

But I really really wanted too!

To feel his arms around me, I wanted it! I wanted to be safe and I wanted to relax in his arms! To be with him and talk under the moon, to laugh…Children…To always be together!

I wanted it so much…Or…I had wanted it so much…

I had wanted these things before…I still…

 

Arms went around me then, as he stood behind me, and I stiffened up.

I didn’t even hear him coming!

“Let me spend the rest of my life to make up for what I have done wrong, my darling wife. Please, give me another chance.”

I shook my head, letting out a sob.

How much have I longed for him to hold me like this!

How long has it been!?

Feeling his warmth go into me, I couldn’t help but let out another sob.

No! I won’t be able to handle more pain! I can’t!

Taking away my hands to push his hands away, I couldn’t budge him.

Turning in his arms, I then hit him, then hit him again.

You cruel man!

Cruel, cruel man!

I hate you!

I hit him again, and again, and again!

How could you abandon me, you, you of all people!

Crying my eyes out, I hit him more and found myself starting to get exhausted, so I cried harder instead and found my feet go limp under me.

Falling, I found that he fell side by side with me, kneeling on the ground.

“My precious wife…”

Feeling his hand go to my face and wipe my tears, I closed my eyes and put my head into his chest, not wanting for him to touch me…Yet…I wanted him to touch me so badly!

Clenching his clothes into my fists, I continued to stay there, not knowing what to do…Not knowing what I wanted!

 

I know I love him…

Hearing what he had said before, I knew there was some kind of mistake, it’s just…So hard…

Feeling his arms around my waist and his head on mine, I felt complete but…

How could I trust him again!?

I was…Really really torn! I was loving and hating this all at the same time!

“I love you, Malory. I’ll make sure you see it every day! If you want to keep going and leave here, I’ll go with you! Never, never do I want another minute without you!”

Moving my head to the side, I held onto him tighter…Could I really do it?

My heart longs for the words I heard, I felt it skip and start beating frantically. They were such sweet words…So sweet…It contained a future of happiness…I knew it…

Feeling his hand come to my face, he pulled my head back and looked down at me.

There were those eyes that I loved, making me feel special. His face that I loved, because of a scar that seemed to strike me with interest…And those…

My mind completely stopped thinking when I felt his lips on mine. They were soft and tender…

I don’t know how, but not only did my eyes close, my hands made themselves up to his face and even though they had a mind of their own, I loved the feel of him within them. I wanted to touch his face, his hair, his scar…

Feeling him pull back slightly away from me, I opened my eyes to see him looking at me once again like before. That gaze was a weapon, a very strange weapon…I felt like…soft mud…

“So beautiful…”

Looking down at his words, I then looked up at the top of my eyes and found myself smiling.

He called me beautiful…

 

He sighed then and moved his hand to my jaw and suddenly he was kissing me again, but this time it was different.

I didn’t know what to do, so I just let him do as he pleased. But…I was so surprised to feel his tongue, that I opened my eyes, that I never knew were closed!

He chuckled and pulled back, “Mmm.”

Mmm?

Was…Is he stating that I was…Yummy?

Looking at his lips, I wondered what he tasted like…

Leaning in on my own accord, I put my tongue out and another kiss seemed to start all over again.

It was like another heaven…

So much was going on, but I loved it all!

The taste, the feel of his lips, his arm around my waist tightening, his hand on my face touching me gently…His smell, his words lingering in my heart, his beautiful eyes…

Feeling like I’ve gone from tough to weak, but to tough again, I then stood up, putting both my hands on the sides of his face and pulled back away from him.

I liked this!

He was so adorable!

I smiled and then laughed at his continued stare at me.

Within moments, he stood up and I was off the ground, in his arms instead.

Not laughing anymore, I still stared at him and smiled.

“Do you have any idea how happy you make me, my precious wife?”

Even though the laughter was gone, I felt myself look at him, just as he did to me. I wanted him to feel special…I wanted him to know that the most of the happiness that I had ever felt in my life…Was all because of him!

“I love you.”

The first time I ever said those words, and it wasn’t like I could hold them back! I couldn’t hold them back at all!

To my embarrassment, they slipped right out!

“I love you too, my darling.”

…Just as we started to walk towards the town close by…It started to rain…

 

***First ending***

 

(Author: The reason why I’m stating this as the first ending, is because the main story line is complete. The fact that I have a second ending, is to finish of everything else and have it so Kael and Malory end up meeting a MC from another book that I have come up with in the same type of place. Obviously, the second ending to this book, would have what would happen to Kael and Neil, since they went AWOL. There is the reasoning for poison that Malory had that can come to light, as well as karma for Lady Billings.

The other book would be called “The Warmonger’s Runaway Princess”.

I will give you the summary in a moment, I just want to add that Lady Venus from this novel will be in it, so that is who ‘the vixen, Venus’ is. I’d also like to add that there is a mystery with the father and Crowned Prince, but I didn’t want to give too much away.

Here’s the Summary:

With a few things in the dark of one’s knowledge, the Princess Consort Olivia thinks of ways to entertain herself and ends up saving her life in the process. Her maid, taking the fall and dying in her place, the Princess decides now that she can leave her warmonger of a husband and find her father. First things first, she needs to somehow not only leave the palace, but leave her status as a maid…The time of being abandoned was over, now it was time to leave with her good mate, Theo.

The problem was, this vixen ‘Venus’ was giving her too much troubles and delaying her departure too much!

 

Having to deal with the vixen, and having to find her father, she feels that nothing is going right! Luckily, Theo helps Olivia with many things, from as simple as leaving a mark upon someone, to as big as flying far and returning with news…Which sometimes Olivia gets wrong…

Then, unexpectedly, the warmonger makes an appearance…

“Ah, hehe, Your Highness…I don’t know what you’re talking about…”

 

Set in the same place as ‘Compelled Substitution’. Could be somewhat a sequel.

 

 

Second ending, or ‘Epilogue’, coming soon…)

4