3. New World
253 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A mother was currently going through Labour inside a cave like structure that had a minimum amount of Furniture that was there to make it look like a Home.

The walls were made of dirt and there was a rusty iron door in front of the cave. Inside, it was dug out and led to 2 other rooms. 1 was a kitchen and a bedroom. There was a man on the woman's side who was holding her hand giving her motivation.

"Darling, you need to hold on and give birth. This child will be the last hope for our family in this world". The guy spoke with a worried and hopeless tone.

The world was struck with a massive disaster 20 years ago. When a giant portal opened in the sky and mutations started to happen in all the creatures on this planet.

Animals and insects that were only below Humans in the Food chain suddenly grew more powerful and became the new masters of the world. The government assembled manpower but nothing worked against them. Nuclear missile when used only helped the Animals in becoming stronger than anything else.

The hope for Human survival became bleak but then the Evolvers and Fighters came out of the hUman race. Huge walls were set up with the new mutated materials on the planet. Evolvers and Fighters grew stronger and won a little hope for Humanity's survival.

People ventured into the portal and only select few ever came back with new technology that helped Humans to make some small sanctuaries for Habilitation.

Plasma Cannons that could threaten the truly mighty Creatures were established on the bases to help with stalling some time if ever a beast wave came to destroy the base. But the world as we know it had become a playground for the creatures of this world and Humans weren't at the top anymore.

Every city had survivor Gatherings that had some Apprentice Fighters and other Fighters to look after  and manage the gathering. They would arrange patrols outside the City to see through any early signs of a Beast wave and exterminate any small creatures that came around.

A group of civilians and Fighters along with Apprentice Fighters would go out of the City for Patrol to maintain a daily routine. Every time the patrol members go out, a lot of deaths would follow. The death rate was quite high, so ordinary people had very less hope of coming back alive.

That is also the reason why the Husband and Wife were dreading their luck because the Husband was going out of the City for patrol and His Wife was very weak in Health and she was not going to survive this Child Birth.

The Husband didn't want her to give birth but it was her insistence that finally led to this situation. She knew that she was weak and wouldn't live for long anyway. So she wanted to at least have a child before she left this world for good.

After a while of shouting, a healthy baby boy came out. The boy had blue eyes and looked especially cute. The Woman was out of strength as she laid there weakly and looked at her Husband carrying the child in his arms.

"Let me see". The woman said with difficulty as she was very weak and on the verge of death. The husband looked at his wife with tears flowing down his eyes. He didn't know whether to be happy as he became a Father or sad because he was going to lose his wife.

"Here". He gave the child to the Woman as she looked at the child with a loving expression as she caressed his face.

Alex was looking at his supposed mother with an astonished look as he saw that she looked quite good and was very beautiful. His father was also a good looking guy but he felt sad for some reason as he looked at her and his baby instincts made him cry loudly.

The woman caressed his face one last time as she peacefully closed her eyes for never to open them again. The Husband looked at his wife as he cried tears of Blood from the grief that he was feeling. He picked up the child in her arms and caressed the Child's face.

"I'm sorry but we won't be able spend our time together". He said while crying his heart out from Grief. He packed Alexander in a cloth and basket and quickly got out of his underground dwelling. Since he had went outside the Wall once, he had some experience on how to navigate the streets of this base city. 

He went through some alleys and left the Child in front of a door. He knew the Lady as he had seen her and knew that she was kind. So, he hoped for the best and left Alexander at the Doorstep. He knocked the door and got out of there as fast as he can. 

Alex looked at this and vowed to remember his new parents forever as they had given him birth but the circumstances just didn't allow them to be together. He didn't know what was the circumstances but he knew that it wasn't anything good. 

He saw his Mother pass away right in front of him which gave him another big strike to his mentality. He was already depressed from the previous matter of his Girlfriend and now another important woman in is life was gone. He was slowly getting more and more distorted as he thought about all those unpleasant things one more time. 

Being a baby didn't help either as his mind wasn't fully developed which made it faster for him to react to these kind of things. he cried very loudly in front of the door and the door was hurriedly opened to show a stunning beauty open the door.

(A/N: Our MC got struck even harder by the death of his Mother and his instincts of Dependance as a Baby towards her made his personality even more possessive. Tell me if you like the idea a bit. So that he has a reason to be a bit possessive of his woman and not just get possessive out of nowhere. MC will look like Escanor.)

4