2. Lin.
128 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fifty days before the incident.

A young woman is working on her bike. The air smells of oil and metal. Music is playing loudly from all directions. She's wearing a fitted t-shirt rather than a bra, along with huge knee-high boots that have numerous interconnected laces, chains, hooks, sheath, and a few empty holsters draped over her shoulders. Her hands were blackened due to oil and grime up to the elbows. Seventh cigarette in her mouth right now. The scar on her right shoulder is in the shape of a circle with two piercings in her ears and, on her neck, a pair of thick goggles is resting.

She is perched atop a work of art, her chopper bike. It is copper plated and has a lot of tines that make it resemble an insect or a metal cicada blaring out music. She is the one who zapped all of this together with her own two hands. She chose to be a murderer for a career and her name is Lin.

She is preoccupied with work when the sound of the ping distracts her. She uses a filthy cloth to try to remove the grease from her hands - “Hmm… New request. That was quick,” she clicks on the file, – “Ah, give me a break... I told you not to date jerks, didn't I? What am I supposed to do now?” A woman in the photo giggles silently in response.

 

Lin's thoughts drifted as the bartender continued to fill her glass with scotch on the rocks. "I've been monitoring her for the past four days. I ran a thorough analysis of her activities over the last year." Lin kept thinking to herself and quickly emptied the glass. "She simply leads a typical life as a wealthy man's girlfriend. Shopping, beauty salons, going to fancy parties with him. Visiting this bar with her two bodyguards is one of her most frequent activities." Glancing at her watch, "She's supposed to arrive right about now."

As a young woman in her twenties walks through the entrance, the boisterous bar falls silent. She hikes up her long skirts as she walks past the welcoming gatekeeper. The amused crowd follows every step of her heels, which are resounding in the stillness. Her white fluffy dress has light transparent sleeves that slightly fall off her shoulders and reveals her delicate pearl-like skin. The gigantic chestnut brown handbag appears to be too heavy for her tiny and elegant posture; black shoes with thigh-high, nearly transparent black stockings are enticing the eye; the flood of her lengthy, wavy tresses is counteracting the appearance's bulkier elements.

"May I take a seat?" A young woman asks after she emerges in front of the hitman, "Of course, if you aren't expecting company."

"I was anticipating the one. So, yes, you are free to take this seat."

"So, how have you been doing last year," she decides to break the ice after several awkward seconds pass by. "Lin?"

"Good. Quite busy." Lin's voice is cool as always.

"I suppose you don't need to ask me because you know everything already," she adds with a warm smile.

"Right," Lin adds with a little murmur.

"I imagine you're wondering why I picked my current lover?" She tries to steer the conversation. "In his defense, he's a very kind human. He may be a little overprotective of me at times, but I find it endearing. It isn't like I want to sleep with other people in any event. And, as far as I'm concerned, he provides me with both comfort and stability in my life."

Lin nods slowly while stroking her glass of drink. The torrent of thoughts is assaulting her mind, making it more difficult for her to maintain a neutral demeanor: "Did I ask you to tell me any of this? NO!" she thinks to herself. "What's the matter with you? Why are you like that?" – by screaming inside her head, Lin responds calmly – “You still love rosé, don't you?” The girl replies with the same bright smile.

 

"You know that I missed you?" She asked, feeling that the moment for questions had come, after a few glasses of wine and a boost in self-assurance. "Why did you storm into my life like that, now? You have no right! You don't have any right coming in here and destroying everything when I'm all done! Listen to me! NO RIGHT!" She pushes Lin and tries to stand up.

"I know," Lin replies. Her voice is barely audible. "It wouldn't have come to this if you had truly been safe."

"Whatever you're talking about over there, I don't care anymore. My heart is like ice towards you. There are no emotions in my heart!" She's able to slide down a chair and land on her heels after swinging her one hand in the air and grasping a bar stand for support. "So why don't you let me go!" she shouts, pulling Lin's shirt with eyes filled with tears forming.

Lin rises up to catch the toppling woman by her waist - “I'm sorry, Ace, I never intended to get in your way as I promised a year ago.” Ace interlocks her arms around Lin's neck and retorts by sticking to it - "I didn't ask you to promise me that, you fool."

"I see something that's never going to change," Lin says smirking – "When you're drunk, you get a mean tongue. What do you think if we leave right now?"

With wild head nodding, Ace acknowledges the plan. Lin removes a black square tool from her pocket and presses one of the buttons. All of the guards, who were waiting for Ace outside of the bar entrance, get phone calls at the same time, but none are responsive to their attempts to answer. Lin slips away with Ace in her grasp while they are distracted and sits in a taxi.

 

Lin gently places Ace on the bed in a hotel room. Meanwhile, she sits on the floor with her hands crossed beside the sleeping Ace. - "Ah, what am I doing?" Lin asks herself internally. "I'm not good for her. I need to get out of here before she wakes up." She reaches her hand for Ace's hair but stops herself.

"You're not planning to leave again, are you?" Ace asked, half-asleep.

"I shouldn't have come in the first place."

"I was only coming to that bar to see if I could catch sight of you."

"I'm sorry, Ace. As I said before, you can't be with me. My life, my crimes – they must not be shared with you," she said.

“When did I agree to THAT!” – Ace jumps up on the bed in a rage, trying to stand up. – “I thought my life was mine to decide if I wanted to share it with you or not!” – still attempts to get up on the bed while shouting in anger – “For your information, I never wanted this break-up. It's because you just vanished one day that I had no choice but to end it!” - she bends down from the bed and pulls Lin's shirt - "I loved you so much; I still fucking love you!" she looks at Lin in tears as if begging for a kiss.

“Ah, shit.” Lin draws Ace’s face with both hands towards her lips and kisses her. She stands on the ground to embrace Ace around her waist and press their bodies closer together. Another hand buries itself in Ace's silky hair – “I'm fucked now…” - she thinks to herself before asking Ace, "How many times have I told you to avoid dating assholes?" she eagerly begins kissing down Ace’s neck.

Lin is carefully laying Ace on the bed while stripping away each piece of clothing. First, Lin removes her dress, and then the bra disappears; in between kisses along every inch of her delicious silky body; with tongue playing and flirting around her stiff pink nipples. Her fingers dance over the skin, feeling every inch of the person in front of her. As if it were their first time, she touches Ace and enjoys breathless moans coming from a woman underneath her lips as they twirl on the sheets.

Lin can't help but smile knowingly at how perfect everything feels – these muscles flexing under her fingertips sensually sliding down teasing stockings and her thighs gently spreading wider than before, exposed, begging for something more…

Her sharp tongue teases the lover as her licks and kisses approach her panty line. She pushes a few fingers into Ace's mouth as her tongue wraps around them; wet, they softly slide below her underwear while maintaining their passionate kiss in an effortful reunion that compensates for all the time, they had been apart.

 

“Oh, this is what you want to talk about now? Who forced me to end up with this guy in the first place?” Ace gives Lin a gruff look.

“Okay... Let's not talk about it right now," Lin shoots a wry grin, as Ace draws invisible circles on her body. “Though, I'm just curious—didn't you know that he's involved in the big undercover criminal network? I really thought you'd learned your lesson...”

"What do you mean?" Ace springs on the bed and snaps out, "When did that happen?!"

"Hold on... Do you say you didn't know?"

"Na-ah. Why would I act like this if I knew?"

"Still, you managed to score someone worse than me. Do you have any idea why I came tonight?" she asked anxiously. Ace shrugged her shoulders as she had none.

"Your new boyfriend ordered a murder. Your murder."

“Ah, this...” - Ace just rolled her eyes.

“You're taking this news rather calmly, aren't you?” the killer asks her.

“Yes. But I was dating you, so I'm used to the idea of dying. Death no longer phases me. You, on the other hand....” - She kisses Lin before continuing - “I suppose you've come up with a plan if you've chased after me.”

"Yes, my lady Ace. In no way will some jackass be allowed to make decisions about your life."

“I knew that, my love,” she says, kissing her again. - “What's the strategy"

6