3. For The .Love.
104 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Let's go back to Gail and Lin, and the time we left them.

"You agreed to my request," Lin continues. "You said you would assist me whether you wanted to or not, but first we need to rescue the person I am willing to sacrifice my life for."

"Who is it?"

Gail is distracted from further questioning by the sound of a parking car in a garage. It follows the sound of heels approaching him, causing him to turn around to meet Ace for the first time. “Awoof... Who's that?” - he asks Lin while openly ogling and inspecting Ace from every angle.

While passing by, Ace pokes his chin in response to his gaze and ends her stride on Lin's lap by kissing her.

“Why are you here, love?” - asked Lin slightly pulling a few of her stubborn hair strands

“I was a bit worried and decided to come here to calm down and make sure everything went smoothly. Remember that you told me it was dangerous to contact you? So...” - shifting attention towards Gail – “Is it him then?” – asking softly - "I've seen you on TV and in magazines; I'm a big fan of your ‘Ann’. She’s so handy sometimes.”

“I'm delighted to meet you, mademoiselle. Let me properly introduce myself: Gail Andreas, the company's top executive and a major asset. As well as being expected to take control of the 'Gail Corporation' in the future and bla-bla-bla."

“Does he act like that all the time?” says Ace, ignoring his prattle.

“Let's hope he's as good in work as he is at worshiping himself,” Lin replies over kisses on Ace's shoulder.

“You two must be beat! I'll go make tea for both of you.”

“Moving on to the subject. I know you developed software for the National Identification Center, and I need your assistance in smashing it a bit for me.”

“WHAT?! This is ludicrous! Yes, I did it, but in a manner that no one could control. We change our usernames and passwords on a regular basis. I made sure that no one could hack it.”

“I know,” she says. “That's why I'm requesting that you level it for a while to establish a new identity within the breach period.”

“Wait a moment…” – suspiciously comprehending the situation and task he's in - “So you want to tell me that even though you've hacked my 'Ann,' you're not powerful enough to destroy the system I've built?” – chuckling, - “So you feel compelled to admit your inferiority and submit to me!” – laughing devilishly.

“If that's what it takes to make you do as I ask, then yes. Whatever you say.”

“What?” – irritated and disappointed, - “But why did you give up your position so quickly? I didn't get a chance to enjoy the moment!”

“You done?"

“Yes, I am.” He instantly falls silent and begins fussing with his cuffs.

“How long would you need to complete it?”

“At least a week. It will be interesting to try to outsmart myself since I made it so that even I couldn't break through; it promises to be fun.”

“Here comes tee-ea!” – Ace bargains into their conversation, carrying a tray with three mugs.

“We have some things to do.” - Lin quietly tells Ace.

“Aw... But I just brewed tea,” - says Ace, complaining.

"Sorry, sweetheart," - she whispers - "but we have one business to handle." - Lin continues, addressing Gail - “You. Start working now.”

“Oof…” – he plops down on the chair and spins around grumbling – “Why are you so pushy? I'm not complaining, attractive women giving orders is quite appealing to me; but only if I know they're available. Ah, could you get me a burger?” - spins back – “Ha? Did they depart without me knowing it? But what am I going to eat now that they've gone away? I'm STARVING!”

An incoming call from a "Host" appears on one of the screens, which is accepted by itself: "Hey, Gail!" - Ace is beckoning him from the screen, - "If you get hungry, feel free to eat anything in the fridge. I just stuffed it yesterday so it's still fresh. See ya!" She hangs up before he has a chance to say anything.

“But…”

“The call is being terminated,” - Lin’s system reports in response.

“Haa… but I wanted a burger... Ok, I suppose I'll have to make a trip to her fridge.” - He stands up busy rationalizing himself: "I'm sure there are hidden cameras around. She surely prepared for my imprisonment," – approaches the refrigerator, "I can see encrypted bars on the windows; doors will close automatically and would not open without biometric fingerprint verification, or a new passcode generated every fifteen minutes." - stacking food on his arms, then walking back toward the computers. “Before entering here, I noticed an electromagnetic dorm over the house, even if I make it over the first line of security, I won't be able to pass through the second one. Ehh... Then there is no alternative. To obtain a chance to go, I must work." - He sits at the computer and begins typing between bites on his improvised sandwich.

 

“No, no peaking, sweetie.” – Ace halts a blindfolded man sitting on the edge of the bed. “I told you it's a surprise; you don't want to ruin all of my hard work, do you?” she murmurs in the ear of an obese guy who resembles more a toad than a human.

Hiding over a wall, Lin places a flat metallic item on the floor and activates the button atop it. The thing begins to shake up and transform into a tiny mechanical spider. It shifts something that looks like a head toward Lin. She uses a censored palm remote on her hand to check the puppet by moving a few legs up and down. The spider attempts to comprehend the situation. It next examines Lin and changes its screen, which implies to be the face, to a smirk. Lin points the spider's head at the man sitting on the bed in front of it and activates the ‘target'. The puppet's head begins spinning around in joy. The spider immediately advances toward the male. Ace by now has already slid the man’s trousers down. The oblivious toad enjoys whatever she is doing to him and rebels for a split second once he senses the spider climbing on his leg.

“Shhh… Don’t worry, it’s just a toy. You love toys, isn't that right?”

“You… Little dirty girl…” - anticipation grows within him. Once the spider had reached his crotch, it leaped onto his dick, and it's been ages since toad saw it. The spider's numerous mechanical legs are enveloping his penis, pushing out heavy breathing. - "Ooh... where did you get this one? I don't believe I've heard of anything like this before," - the guy says in complete ecstasy.

“You couldn’t hear about this one, sweetie,” she murmurs into his ear. “This one is a killer weapon.” - She gets up from the bed and smooches his ear.

“Ah, where are you going?”

As he speaks, the mechanical puppet withdraws its poisonous stinger and drives it into the man's ureteral hole. A startled toad utters a piercing cry as he is struck by agony. Spider frees the person and jumps on the floor. It heads in the opposite direction from where Lin and Ace are currently standing together.

“I'm breaking up with you.” - she tells the speechless man as he slowly dies and takes Lin's hand - “Is he already dead?”

"No, this poison kills slowly but mutes and partially paralyzes its victim. Don't worry; I remember that I said I'd give you his agony, and you'll get it. Let's go?” Lin gestures toward the window, and Ace replies by nodding and smiling broadly.

Lin shoots a harpoon hook upwards to the roof from the window, which pulls her out first. Before being pulled out following Lin, Ace turns around once again to wave her hand to the blindfolded man lying on the bed. On top of their chopper bikes, Lin spread its wings and they take off. Meanwhile, the spider that has abandoned them scurries across the walls and ceilings of the building, stomping on unknown buttons and setting off red lights with a mischievous grin on its screen. When it seems to be completed, it comes to a stop in front of the bed to record the obese male's reactions.

He almost starts spinning in circles, as a series of red lights begin to flash one after another. The chain of fire and mayhem approaches the man & his robotic companion from the other side of the structure. Somewhat afar in the air, Lin receives a direct transmission from the spider, which is represented as a hologram before her eyes. Ace applauds every explosion from the passenger seat while still watching "the show."

“Lin, it looks fantastic! Simply look at those hues and how well they match with the pink sky at sunset! It's very sad that you have to fly this thing and can't enjoy the view.”

“Don't worry,” Lin adds, smiling. “I'm glad to hear that you're loving it. Besides, I may have caught a better glimpse from my bot.”

“Hey! That's not fair! I want to see it, too! Show me what you've got. Come on now, show me!!!!” Ace drags Lin by her shoulder as they depart the area.

 

"They finally realized that I was responsible for the toad's death. That implies it will be only a matter of time until they locate me here," - half-naked, Ace is resting on her tummy and playing a video game on the bed.

"Dark web? Yeah, I read about that. They wouldn't have looked for you if someone hadn't stolen his money, correct?" - replies Lin from the bathroom.

“That’s my compensation!” – Ace is expressing herself through the chewing of a lollipop, - “He wanted to murder me. Do you understand how fortunate I am that the order came precisely to you? You are implying that you will not waste that bastard's money with me.”

“I'm simply suggesting that my profits are enough for both of us, and we wouldn't have to kidnap the poor rich guy and make him work for us to create new personalities.”

“Lin, love, you could do it yourself. You are far smarter than ‘that poor rich guy,'” she added.

“Smarter or not, but we don’t have enough time for me to do it. He’ll do it 90 percent faster by knowing the system than me being completely unfamiliar with it.”

“Ladies, it's not like you're that far away; you know your room is next to me, right? Please stop calling me 'that poor rich guy' since it takes at least twice as long than to call me by name.” – Gail screams from behind the screens, unshaved and shower deprived. – “And, Ace, can you please put something ON!”

"But I'm hot and tired. It's all Lin's fault! She decided to have sex first thing in the morning, which is why I'm so exhausted now."

“HEY! I didn't request an explanation! Please, just put something on!” – almost in tears of embarrassment. - “Oh! I think it’s done!”

“Seriously?!” – Ace and Lin in one voice.

“Yes. I've completed it! Woohoo... Those were the longest three days of my life...”

“You've completed it much faster than I've expected.” - Lin says as she approaches the PC stand.

“Yoohoo! Let's have a party for it!” - Ace is jumping up and down with joy. - “Oh, I can make something delectable! Tell me what you want, and I'll provide it to you guys!” — fanning herself as she walks toward the kitchen singing along with the song, her hips swinging from side to side- “I've always liked cooking, so I'm naturally talented.”

As soon as Ace utters the words, she hears a gunshot behind her, causing her to spin on her heels.

“What did you do?!” - She's screaming from across the kitchen, tears in her eyes.

“It had to happen,” says the murderer with a blood-covered face and a gun resting on her shoulder — “Only three of us knew what we were doing. I've not known him long enough to trust him.” - Lin opens her arms out to Ace and says, "Now we can finally be free of our past. Come hug me, my love.))"

She stops for a moment and begins to move towards Lin standing next to the blood-drenching dead body of Gail bit by tiny step. She hugs her with a heavy sigh as soon as she reaches her.

“You know, it's frightening to think that you could be so cruel to someone you don't even despise.” - she pulls her closer, - “I am not afraid.”

“You shouldn't be. You're the only person I want to treasure in my life. All I strive for is your adorable smile on your cute face. Even if that smile means the end of me.” – Lin hugs Ace and smooches her neck.

Lin feels a sudden searing pain in her back, and the knife drops to the ground. Ace responds with a soft smile on her face.

6