The Rift of Unknown Wonders
61 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, the whole Subaru family was gathered outside a huge Rift which appeared as a space to a place filled with plants.

All the 30 children were brought in front of it, standing in front of their parents. A tall woman with light purple eyes walked up to the front. She stared at all the children with her right eye. Her left eye had been destroyed during a mission. Her gaze fell on one boy with dark purple hair and dull purple eyes.. 

Tina's body trembled as she realized who the boy was. She wanted to kill him right this moment but she couldn't even though he was the one who took away her eye and had thus made her lose half of her power. 

She managed to keep herself calm as she spoke. "If you've all chosen your groups of five, please stand together so that I can announce each group."

All the children began to form up and waited for Tina. 

"Group 1

Ray, Meiru, Heili, Kamare, and Nero.

Group 2

Gaius, Alter, Soji, Xiao, and Rui.

Group 3

Asura, Yue'er, Lance, Jason, and Saito.

Group 4

Ibuki, Orion, Tristan, Xinjie, and Cyan.

Group 5

Shiro, Tael, Ozymandias, Krumi, and Sheila.

Group 6

Erice, Vritra, Edward, Francis, and Ivan."

After Tina was done mentioning the groups, all of the parents looked satisfied with the groups their children had chosen. The happiest was probably Riko, as he expected his daughters to be safest where they were.

All the children entered the Rift with no bags or food but with only a space bag to store the bodies of the monsters they would defeat. 

A space bag was a magical tool that could store tons of goods before reaching maximum capacity. Most of the time they were extremely hard to buy because of how expensive they were on the market. But price was not an issue for the Subarus.

When the children entered, they found themselves scattered across the map of the rift. The parents were transported to a room almost reminiscent of a theatre, with luxury seating and a giant screen on which they would watch their children's progress.

.

.

.

____________

Krumi, Sheila, Ozymandias Tael, and Shiro all walked together through the large part of the Rift they were in. 

Once they entered they all saw a message in front of them.

[ Welcome to The Rift Of Unknown Wonders.

 

Capacity: ??? 

Monster levels: 10- ???

Required level: Any 

Rewards for conquering: ??? ]

'Strange,' thought the children. The rift usually gave them specific details. Then again, this was… quite an unusual part of the Rift. It had been conquered three times by their families, and yet it still remained a puzzle to most.

"Shiro, we have to walk together," cried Sheila. She was worried for Shiro, who had walked way ahead of the rest of the team.

Since everyone agreed to be in a team together they all chose to wear tracksuits, since they were the most convenient and comfortable thing to wear while fighting. All apart from Shiro whose own was covered in bunny patterns.

They all set up camp by a group of tall trees and sat there, thinking of what they would do next. They were excited yet also afraid, for a monster or human could attack the group at any time with killing intent. 

The rules stated that family members weren't allowed to kill each other. But it never said that they couldn't break their limbs apart. 

The one who barely spoke in the group was Ozymandias. He looked around 5 years old, almost the same height as Shiro. He had the darkest shade of black hair and deep grey eyes. He was dark and petite, you would probably mistake him for a girl if it weren't for the fact that he was wearing a pair of grey shorts and a red tracksuit. However, he had a dull look on his face. He was the one Tael had chosen during the dinner.

"Besides, there's nothing to worry about. I don't think a monster would attack us, when we just entered the Rift," Shiro assured the others as she helped gather some wood. Unknown to her, a huge shadow crept behind her back. 

"Shiro, watch out!!" Sheila warned as a huge centipede monster appeared. Tael quickly grabbed Shiro and summoned his Scythe. He slashed at the monster's eyes instantly and it screeched in pain.

"The shell is much tougher than expected," Tael said as his Sycthe rings across his arm.

[ You have discovered Cemra Centipede ]

[ A being that resembles a centipede but it's 17 metres in length and 6 metres thick. They has two huge claws beside their mouth that specializes in crushing it's enemies. It's entire body is covered in dark thick black scales which are difficult to penetrate ]

[ Level: 30

Class Rank: D

Hp: 20000/20000

Strength: 900

Def: 2000

INT: 80

AGI: 6000 ]

[ Daily Quest ]

[ Kill two monsters ]

[ Reward 2 HP potion and 2 MP potion 

+25 exp

Failure to complete quest HP reduction by -5 ]

             ________________

 [ Name: Shiro/ Iris 

Class: Soul Eater, Death Master 

 Race: Human and ??

 Level:3  

Age: 5

Exp: 1/50 

HP: 80/80

STR: 5 

VIT: 20 

INT: 6 

Magic power: 40

Agility: 7

Defense: 9

Charm:100 

Luck: 20 

Skill points: 0

Skills:

{Immortal Body}

(Resistance to all element attributes, and recovers fast from injuries.):

Blood Sword: bloody puppet: Dark Scythe: Devour 

{Eternal} (???) ]

______________

Shiro quickly got back on her feet and decided to think of something. 

Krumi immediately ran towards Tael and cast a Lightning Blast. The sky darkened and a huge bolt of lightning hit the monster. It wasn't done yet, though. Krumi looked drained, that spell took nearly all her energy. She couldn't cast it again without leaving herself defenseless.

"Tael and Krumi! Over here," Shiro yelled as she directed them near the group. 

The monster was chasing Tael and Krumi and they changed direction, dashing towards the group. "You guys need to run," Tael yelled as he tried to fend off the centipede.

Shiro focused her mind on the monster and she could see a glowing green ball of energy around it. 

"Yes, I have that skill," Shiro exclaimed as she squinted.

"What skill, Shiro?" Sheila asked in anticipation. Could her skill defeat the monster?

"Everyone, keep running forward! I haven't tried it before so it may not go well as expected," Shiro called out.

"Shiro, we aren't going to run ahead and leave you behind," Krumi said defiantly. 

"...Okay," Shiro accepted. "But Tael, I don't know if I can cast my skill when you're carrying me,"

"You just do it," Tael said.

"Okay then."

Shiro closed her eyes to concentrate on her skill. "Blood puppet," she mumbled. Tael shivered hearing that.

Shiro's teddy bear in her hand began to vibrate furiously and then it flew out of her hand.

"Meishu bear!" Shiro yelled as she noticed the bright red light that surrounded the bear. It transformed into a blood covered knight, nearly 20 feet tall. It quickly brandished its sword and sliced the monster into two in a mere amount of seconds. The monster's body twitched and fell to the ground, lifeless. It probably hadn't even known what had attacked it. 

Tael, Krumi, Ozymandias and Sheila stopped running as they stared at that being standing in front of the dead monster. It quickly shifted its head to Shiro's direction as it noticed the blood that trickled down her cheek. The Knight screeched in anger as it dashed towards them. Krumi and Sheila couldn't help but tremble, frozen in place. Tael quickly placed Shiro down as he got his Scythe ready to attack the being head-on. This was not his first time facing it anyway. 

Shiro quickly stood in front of Tael with her arms wide open and yelled, "STOP!" 

The being paused, its sword only half a metre from Shiro. Shiro stared at the Knight without an ounce of fear and looked at it's head. The Knight walked to Shiro calmly and knelt down before her. 

"These people are my friends so don't attack them or else I'll be mad at you," Shiro lectured the monster as she pouted. "Bad Puppet, Bad."

The knight then turned back into a bear, still covered in red. It looked at her with pleading eyes. Shiro huffed as she looked at the bear opening its arms wide. 

"Hmph, since you're so cute I won't mind holding you," Shiro said shyly as she carried the soft bear in her arms and blushed. 'She feels so much softer.'

All of a sudden the bear froze and returned to a normal lifeless object. Shiro also started to feel dizzy and fainted. She could barely see the system pop up and hear the words. 

[ You have used too much of your MP to summon Blood Puppet.

-45 MP used.

 

-20 HP for over magical drain. ]

Shiro's eyes were blurry as she tried to see the faces crying before her and everything went dark. 

.

.

.

_______________

The adults in the other room were eagerly watching all the children through the divided screens. But Shiro's group caught their eye the most.

Mutsuba was the first who piped up. "Isakawa, what the hell was that?"

"I don't understand what you mean," Isakawa answered in a sarcastic tone. 

"You know what I'm talking about. What is that knight?"

"It's my daughter's summon, of course."

"That can't be true. I've never seen an Ability or Class that could summon Blood as a being." 

"Actually Mutsuba…" Takase called out as he looked in his direction, "There's actually a Class that can do that. A Divine knight who summons holy knights to fight on their side. Or a Necromancer who summons dead knights to fight for them. But I have never seen a Blood Knight before and for it to be so strong at such a young age...it's surprising."

'This would be bad for Ray. No worries, my son and his group could probably handle that thing,' Takase thought to himself as he glared at Isakawa. 

His daughter wasn't even part of the children who were forcefully given Abilities yet she already had a great Ability. Takase couldn't hold his jealousy in as he continued to glare at Isakawa but he eventually calmed down.

.

.

.

____________

Shiro woke up after some time. As she looked up, she saw a dark young lad with his hand placed over his head. Shiro looked at the figure until her vision cleared, and saw that it was Ozymandias. 

"It was quite reckless to use a spell that is higher than your level. You could have died, you know," Ozymandias said to Shiro as he patted her forehead. 

Shiro was looking with a shocked expression, the quiet kid was actually talking to her. But she expected it, no one could really resist her cuteness. 

Alka was just looking at Shiro from the sidelines and face palmed, 'Could she be anymore dumb?'

"Next time, be careful," Ozymandias advised her as he walked away. 

Shiro immediately got up as she scanned her surroundings and frowned. She thought that she would probably wake up at night, when all the troubles of the day were over. But boy, was she wrong. When she looked up, the sun was high in the sky.

If you love my story you can join me on discord for more info. 

https://discord.gg/RCmGgAMWXW

8