Rift of Unknown Wonders 2
58 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Um Tael," Shiro called out as she tapped his back. 

 

"You can put me down now," she told Tael with a bland face. 

 

Why did he even want to give her a piggyback ride? 

 

"Why do you want to get down?" Tael asked, raising an eyebrow, "Just a moment ago you were complaining about how much your feet hurt from running." 

 

"Well, I feel better now," Shiro pouted as she got down from his back and happily skipped around. 

 

"Let's find more monsters and get that reward!!" Shiro yelled enthusiastically since her mum promised her a buffet of food once the family games were over.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

___________

 

"Arghh! Where the hell are we?!!" Ray yelled as he gritted his teeth and started kicking at trees.

 

(NB: Ray, son of Mutsuba Subaru)

 

A 13-year boy with spiky red hair and dark grey eyes, he had a height of 130 cm and an expression that made him always look like he was angry. He was quite a handsome boy with his slightly built body.

 

"It's better you calm down, Ray," Kamare advised as he looked around their surrounding areas and frowned his face, whilst looking at his feet submerged in the giwy swamp. And as he raised his head to the sky, he saw nothing but big thick trees. 

 

(Kamare, son of Tamare Subaru)

 

He looked like a twelve-year-old boy around 132cm with beautiful fair skin and short grey hair with a pair of blue eyes, covered by his expensive and stylish glasses. He wore a tracksuit with two swords covered in a sheath at his back.

 

"Says the one who has been leading us in circles," Heili muttered in a low yet annoyed voice as she kept glaring at Kamare.

 

Heili is a girl with long dark grey hair tied into a ponytail and light green eyes. She looks like a child around 7 years old, but has a grumpy expression. She mostly has a sweet, sadistic smile. She wore a short, black dress with a white summer jacket, but now she regrets wearing it since they teleported at a swamp.

 

"Kamare, I guess we're all frustrated," Meiru tried to calm everyone down with a panicked expression since she also noticed that they were lost.

 

Meiru is a girl with long pink hair down to her waist and it's tied into a pigtail. She has a pair of beautiful pink, innocent eyes and smooth, fair skin. She's around 8 years old and has two huge sticks covered in cloth at her back. She was wearing a Japanese chiffon kimono which had a pink blouse and a black lace skirt. Amongst all of them she was the one who was extremely angry since her dress was ruined by mud. 

 

"I guess that my intuition is wrong this time. Meiru do you have a way that we can quickly get out of here? It seems like some fog maze, which causes us to lose signs of our direction," Kamare asked as he looked at Meiru for help.

 

Meiru slightly blushed as she looked at Kamare's clear blue eyes staring at her.

 

"Let's see…. I can draw the fog away with my Ability but I can't fully guarantee it," Meiru suggested as she looked slightly hesitant.

 

"Just do it already," Heili groaned.

 

Meiru glared at Heili with a death stare, who quickly turned her face away.

 

Meiru picked off the two sticks on her back covered in cloth and opened them. She took both of them and merged them together, which formed a long spear with a blue crystal-colored tip which was about 20 cm long and the whole spear was 70cm long. The spear had some owl engravings which twirled it around herself and stood Infront of the group before the fog. 

 

"Activate Class { Lancer.}"

 

{ Wind Whirl }, Meiru thought to herself. As she started to spin the spear in her hands extremely fast. She spun the spear frantically before the fog, which caused a tremendous gust of wind to surround them like a barrier.

 

( Meiru's Class, Lancer. A lancer is someone who is fluent in using a spear. The title Lancer is only given to those who have mastered the use of a spear to a certain extent. But they aren't complete masters of that skill. Wind Whirl is one of Meiru's skills that allows Meiru to spin her spear extremely fast around herself to create a gust of wind that can perform a temporary barrier but it's fragile to vigorous attacks.)

 

"We better start moving. I don't think I can keep spinning my spear for long," Meiru said as her hands were focused on maintaining the barrier.

 

"Nero, which way do you think we should go," Kamare asked as he looked slightly confused.

 

"Let's go to the left. I can sense a faint sound of living beings around there," Nero answered as his pink eyes glowed slightly. 

 

Nero is a boy about 103 cm tall. He has light pink eyes and short black hair, quite a handsome boy. He's a little bit on the chubby side but not too fat. He wore a pair of blue jeans. And a white top. Behind him was a huge bow that was twice his height, but he didn't have any problem carrying it.

 

"Then everyone, let's move," Kamare instructed as he waved his hand for everyone to move.

 

"Right," they all answered as they began to walk straight forward.

 

They all made their way out of the fog as they headed towards one direction. After a while, they ended up in a grassland and behind them was the dense swamp. 

 

Meiru then stopped spinning her spear, and the barrier came down. 

 

"Arghhh," Meiru groaned in pain as she twisted her hand left and right.

 

"Hey Meiru, what's wrong?" Nero asked, slightly worried.

 

Meiru: "It seems that my hands couldn't take the stress of spinning a spear for a long time. I'm also slowly getting used to my powers."

 

"Don't worry, you've worked hard. Now we have to find something to eat," Kamare instructed as he glanced around the grassland.

 

"Well, I have a suggestion," said Heili with a smile on her face.

 

"And what may that be," Kamare asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

"That huge looking chicken over there," she said, pointing at the far side of the grassland and the monster from afar seems to be a chicken.

 

"That's not a chicken," Nero frowned as he looked closer. 

 

"Everyone together it's a monster!" Kamare yelled as everyone formed a circle.

 

[ You have discovered a Harpy. ]

 

[ A Harpy is a being that has the top of its body as that of a woman and its bottom as that of a bird. The higher level the Harpy is, the more beautiful and stronger they are. ]

 

[ Harpy ]

 

Level: 150

 

Class: D

 

Hp: 200000/200000

 

Strength: 30050

 

Def: 1000

 

AGI: 5000 ] 

 

'Dammit, we must make sure that it doesn't notice us. It's truly dangerous to attack it head-on,' Kamare thought to himself as he cursed. The Harpy was different from the ones he knew. They didn't have insane stats like these. Especially their HP. 

 

'Its stats are insane. Also, it called that monstrous figure beautiful. It's truly blind. All I can see is an ugly-shaped human with a huge beak and the bottom of her body like that of an ostrich. This means this Harpy is a runner Harpy and not the one that flies. If it was the one that flies, we would be dead.'

 

The monster twitched its head as it saw a group of shadows together. The Harpy quickly guessed that they were living beings. It quickly flew to them as it stretched out its huge beak.

 

"Shit!! everyone in formation," Kamare instructed as Meiru held her spear up front and Kamare drew his two thing long swords.

 

"Why can't you just face this weakling?" Ray pouted as he stood in front of the group.

 

"Ray, get back!!" As Kamare yelled, the Harpy was only a few cm away from Ray about to eat him. However....

 

Ray's hand began to glow bright red as it emitted a buzzing sound. He then raised his hand and made a quick horizontal slash. 

 

The Harpy which was ready to eat him, stood there motionless after that it split into two and died. 

 

"What just happened?" 

 

"I killed the damn bird as you can see now, let's eat," Ray said as he looked at the Harpy disgusted. All it's insides were everywhere.

 

"Ray, if I may ask, What's your Job Class?" Kamare asked, slightly nervous yet curious. 

 

Ray replied proudly, "I have a fusion Ability, Martial artist and Fire Mage."

 

"Now then after we're done eating, we're going to find that brat Shiro's group. I'm going to make her regret refusing my offer. And that freaking bastard who's always beside her. I'm going to break his limbs until he begs for mercy," Ray said as his eyes turned dark and an evil grin appeared on his face.

 

"But Ray, we aren't supposed to kill anyone," Meiru recalled as she looked worried. If they kill anyone they would face severe punishment from the family Head.

 

"Of course we can't kill anyone, but it doesn't say we can't cripple them," Ray evil grin was clearly displayed as he thought of where Shiro's group might be.

 

'I don't find it a good idea to mess with their group, since he's there,' Kamare thought to himself.

 

'Ozymandias…. That boy is dangerous, so is Tael, he was basically covered in death. Maybe I'm just thinking too much.'

 

______________

 

"I'm hungry," Shiro complained as she was sluggishly walking with her teddy bear. 

 

"I want some macaroni and cheese with steak."

 

'What kind of combination is that?' Tael looked at her strangely and sighed. 

 

"Unfortunately, some of the monsters are poisonous, so we must find something safe to eat," Krumi warned.

 

"What about those berries?" Sheila pointed to the bright green bushes with strange-looking orange berries. Shiro immediately dashes to the push and starts to stuff her mouth with them.

 

"Shiro, wait! Those are poisonous!" Krumi warned as she tried to grab Shiro, but Shiro was too quick and slid past Sheila.

 

[ You have discovered Hydra's poison. ]

 

[ This plant can kill anyone who devours them in a mere second, leading to a quick death. Touching it even transfers the poison. ]

 

Shiro paused there with a shocked expression, then quickly recovered as she stuffed more of the berries in her mouth. 

 

"Hey Shiro, didn't you hear that they were poisonous, why are you still eating them?!!" Tael yelled with a dark face thinking where she heard them or was too hungry to listen to them.

 

"Well that's because I have poison resistance," She answered with her mouth stuffed with berries.

 

And Shiro was right. Ever since she started eating, she had been receiving messages from the system like crazy!!

 

[ You have gained +00.1 poison resistance ]

 

[ you have gained +00.1 poison resistance ]

 

[ You have gained +00.1 poison resistance ]

 

As Shiro saw this she stopped caring and continued to eat the berries. 

 

Everyone looked at her with jealousy, but that thought quickly vanished when they saw her bright cute smile. 

 

"It seems we must find something for us to eat. Ozymandias, come with me," Tael instructed.

 

Tael and Ozymandias walked away as Shiro, Krumi, and Sheila were left. 

 

"We better find some wood and vines for the night. She could at least try and see if we can build a place for us to sleep," Krumi said.

 

"Hmm. Alka, you there?" Shiro asked as was picking some twigs.

 

"Of course I am, where else I am supposed to go?"

 

"Alka, could you please help us?" Shiro pleaded as she waited for Alka's voice. 

 

"...."

 

Alka: "There's a way to help."

 

"Yes!! what is it?" Shiro asked, relieved. 

 

"You can use a blood puppet to help you build it," Alka suggested plainly.

 

"But Alka, when I summoned blood puppet earlier it took a lot of my mp," Shiro said, looking quite hesitant.

 

"Right now I can't give you my support so let's see…." Alka pondered in the dark void.

 

Alka who sat in a space summoned a grey crystal ring as it appeared in her hand. Alka then took a long peach cloth covered with beautiful heart engravings. 

 

"Ughh, this is one of the things I stole from the goddess of love from my former world," Alka grumbled as she held the sparkly looking cloth. 

 

"Here you can have it," Alka's hand passed through a small portal that appeared next to Shiro holding a long beautiful cloth. If another person could see them, they would only see a black shadowy hand appearing right next to the young child. 

 

Shiro grabbed the cloth as she dashed towards Sheila and Krumi.

 

.

.

 

Tael and Ozymandias were walking together, and one of them broke the silence.

 

"Sheila is blind, right?" Ozymandias asked Tael, who has an indifferent expression.

 

"She is," Tael answered as he crouched down and Ozymandias followed his move.

 

A metre from them they saw a monster that looked like a deer but it had three huge claws on its back and its mouth was like that of a crocodile's. 

 

[ You have discovered a Croder ]

 

[ A being that looks like a deer but has three monstrous claws at its back as a way to defend itself or attack. They are extremely swift runners. And do not eat meat much. ]

 

Tael felt that it was strange for a dungeon to explain the details of a monster to those who are in it. It wasn't normal because most dungeons don't give any information about the monster apart from their Stats.

 

"If Sheila is blind how can she see," Ozymandias asked with a serious yet curious face. 

 

Throughout the time they've been in the dungeon he realized that Sheila is blind and probably thought that her sister would help her, but unexpectedly that didn't happen at all. The girl was walking around as if she could see, which was truly strange. 

 

"Does it have something to do with Shiro," Ozymandias asked when he realized Tael wasn't responding to him? 

 

"More like Shiro's father Isakawa," Tael answered as his eyes were fixed on the Croder.

 

Ozymandias shivered a little when he heard Isakawa's name. The man his father told him about, and that he should not try to mess with Isakawa's daughter because she herself is dangerous. So he should rather establish a good relationship with her as friends. Ozymandias smirked as he then smiled at Tael, "Thanks."

 

Tael just shrugged and dashed off to where the monster was.

7