Rift of Unknown Wonders 3
69 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tael just shrugged and dashed off to where the monster was.

 

_________

 

"It's night already. We should probably sleep," Ozymandias sighed as he finished the rest of his Crobar meat by the campfire. 

 

"We won't be sleeping on the ground," Tael countered, "It's too dangerous"

 

"Then where must we sleep?" Ozymandias asked with confusion as he looked at the group.

 

Krumi, Sheila, and Shiro giggled as they looked at the confused boys. "We have an idea." 

 

"Up there," Krumi said as she pointed up at a tall tree with a huge cloth floating around the surrounding trees. 

 

"It's an item of mine that can float," Shiro claimed proudly as the cloth started to come down. "Everyone should get on," She instructed as they all jumped into the beautiful floating cloth. It was extremely soft and they all immediately fell asleep as the cloth floated around the highest point of the tallest trees.

 

As they were sleeping a being in the night crawled around their camp and it sniffed its surroundings. 

 

It immediately started to bump into all the nearby trees. If someone saw this they would think the monster is mad, but it actually thought about the possibility of prey hiding in the trees for safety. Its loud sounds permeated through the forest as it woke Shiro and her group up. 

 

Under the moonlight when all of them moved to the edge of the cloth and peered down to see what was there, their blood ran cold.

 

"What the hell is that?" Sheila trembled when she saw a dark black cloud of flame that caused her to turn purple by just looking at its aura.

 

 

[ You have discovered an Almog. ] 

 

[ Almog, a being that grows up to 120 feet tall, but the current one is only 10 feet tall. They have a big head filled with a row of sharp teeth that can bite through steel but they have no eyes or nose. They have 4 front feet with 6 long fingers with long sharp claws. And their back feet are filled with two long tails that make them a walking slithering creature. It's covered in sharp spiky white bones that exposes its nucleus beneath them, but their bones are the ones that give them a high defense. they are the most dangerous of monsters since they are always thirsty for blood. ]

 

[ Almog / Evolved form

 

Level: 400

 

Class: B 

 

Hp: 300,000/600,000

 

Strength: 458,050

 

Def: 30,000

 

AGI: 80,000 ] 

 

 

"This…. the dungeon explained the monster again," Tael muttered as he looked at the blue screen displayed before them. However , the others were rather frightened at the sight of the monster.

 

After 2 hours of not finding its prey, the Almog slithered away and it screeched in frustration.

 

"Hah, we're lucky that it left," Krumi breathed a heavy sigh in relief. 

 

Shiro and Sheila were hugging each other as they remembered the sight of that monster. If they should fight it head-on, there's no guarantee that they would survive even though it was injured. 

 

"I don't think we can even win a fight against that thing as a group. What the hell is that kind of monster? I have never heard or seen it in the monster dialog," Ozymandias pondered as he squinted his eyebrows. 'This Rift is truly a mystery.'

 

"Don't you guys think it's strange? Whenever we meet a monster this dungeon talks about their looks and particular behaviors, which is not normal. Most Rift just gives the monster's stats. However it feels like we're been taught by the Rift," Tael revealed as he sat crossing his legs.

 

"And this whole time, something has been watching us, not the cameras our parents placed here, but an external being," Ozymandias added as he looked around nervously.

 

"How would you know this?" Krumi asked, confused. She started to realize that what they were saying was true.

 

Tael: "I also had my suspicions, but I couldn't find them. Something is indeed watching us."

 

Krumi: "Still doesn't answer my question."

 

Ozymandias: "Well can feel like someone has been staring at our stats."

 

"It's hard to notice it, but I caught that person trying to look at Shiro's stats over and over again," Ozymandias concluded as he looked at Shiro who also felt nervous.

 

"Me?" Shiro asked, pointing to herself.

 

Tael: "Yes, probably because he can't see her stats."

 

"One thing I know for sure, is that we must get out of this Rift as soon as possible," Ozymandias mumbled nervously. The more they stayed in the Rift the more they felt creeped out by it.

 

 

"Everyone, let's leave now, we can't be sure if that monster will come back. It doesn't seem simple considering its stats," Tael instructed as they all nodded in agreement. The cloth floated away from its location as the children fell asleep again on the soft comfy cloth as they drifted away through the night.

 

"I wonder how the other teams are doing."

 

_____________________

 

 

In a thick forest with unusual purple trees surrounding them, there was a group of children who were heavenly injured.

 

"Ibuki and Cyan, how dare you attack us. Don't you know we're a team?" a young boy rebuked, glaring at two girls. He brandished his greatsword in front, covered in dirt and blood..

 

"Oh please, you're just a bunch of weaklings, why would we want to be in a team with you?" one of the twins commented as they grinned at their work. 

 

"If you kill us, you'll suffer the consequences of the family head," a boy warned. He looked around furtively, his knife ready in case a monster tried to attack them. He looked around 8 years old.

 

"Oh Orion, even if we can't kill you, I'm sure they can," Cyan pointed at the monsters that had been attacking the children. 

 

Cyan smirked as their entire group was surrounded by Rift monsters but they didn't seem to be hostile to Ibuki and Cyan. Ibuki was a girl with long black hair and black irises, same goes for Cyan but her hair was cut short.

 

The other 3 children could only see the two young twin girls around 8 years old smile at them horrifyingly.

 

"Tristan, save me!!" Xinjie cried as her leg was being pulled by a wolf. She watched in horror as she saw those terrifying monsters bare their teeth at her. Her long deep blue hair is dirty with dirt and her clear black eyes clinging for hope. 

 

"I don't wanna die!" Xinjie screamed as she emitted a huge sonic wave from her scream that hit the hoard of monsters. They exploded and turned into minced meat. Some were sent flying away. Fortunately none of the children were hurt by the sonic wave. Ibuki and Cyan were both stunned and kept their guard up. 

 

"We may have a chance," Orion said as he had a glimpse of hope. Who could mistake that kind of Sonic wave, Xinjie was a Bard. 

 

Bards don't really have a lot of physical power, but their power lies within their voice, they could scream and make your mind explode and your ears bleed. They could sing and charm a hoard of monsters with their voice and even make the monsters kill themselves. What is more terrifying is when a Bard learns to use an instrument to fight. According to the type of instrument the Bard can use it can have a tremendous effect on the people around them. Even though Bards are seen to be a physically weak Job Class, they are more dangerous than any F to A Class. 

 

 

 

"Xinjie, use your beatbox!!!" Tristan yelled as he fended off the monsters charging at them with his broadsword. 

 

Xinjie struggled to support herself as she got up from the ground with her badly injured leg, but held a crystal ball that immediately exploded and a shard of dust formed around Xinjie forming a floating DJ stand with music notes floating around her. Xinjie looked at twins who were quite stunned at what they were seeing. 

 

"Activate Class { Bard }."

Xinjie had a light green glow as music notes floated around her as she glared at the twins.

"Well let's see what you got," the twins smirked as they awaited Xinjie's next move.

 

Xinjie quickly took a music CD an placed it on her beatbox, "{Beat Rush}" As soon as she did that a wave of sonic wave blasted the monsters surrounding them from a 1 kilometre radius and what's left was only a strong stench of blood but no corpse. 

 

But that wasn't the end, before them was a huge black and red colored snake up to 5 metres long and it wrapped itself around Cyan. 

 

"What the hell?" Xinjie, Tristan, and Orion exclaimed as they couldn't believe what they were just looking at.

 

Tristan, Orion and Xinjie stood there shaking in fear at the big snake before them. Xinjie couldn't use another spell since she has exhibited her mp.

 

"Sister Ibuki, they think they could actually hurt us," Cyan laughed as she looked at the snake. 

 

"It's quite laughable actually," the snake Ibuki replied as it looked down at the other three children.

 

"From the amount of power you displayed, you must be a level 10 Bard, quite a genius for your age," Ibuki roared as she looked at the terrier Xinjie.

 

"That's quite impressive, but not good enough in front of us. You're not our opponent, so we'll see you later," Cyan grinned as she got upon Ibuki's back and they slithered away.

 

"A beast tamer and a Beast Shifter that must be their Class," Orion muttered as his voice trembled.

 

____________

 

In a room like a theater where all the parents were gathered, a group of 3 parents were glaring at Yue and Lena who were sitting at the back. 

 

""What's the meaning of this?" A burly handsome man with dark grey eyes glared and Yue and Lena."

 

""Oh come e on,, this is none of our doing. The children are just playing a game, and we don't control them there,"" Yue stated in a sweet yet straight tone, telling the man yelling at her that she has no control over what her children do in the Rift.

 

"Calm down "Cousin Hector, it's just a simple game between our children,"" Lena sneered happily as he smirked at the parents glaring at him, those were their children who almost died. 

 

""It's not my fault that your children are so weak," Lena shrugged as his lips had curved upwards slighty."

"Lena shut your goddamn mouth and fight me if you dare," one of the female parents yelled as she got up. She had a fair delicate skin accompanied by her long black hair and bright blue eyes which glared at the man with disdain. She immediately picked out a long spear from thin air and directed to Lena's head. 

"You can't hurt me," Lena grinned as he looked at the infuriated woman.

"You son of a…..," She cursed as she redrew her spear.

(Author: You might probably be confused with this rank thing so let me explain. Ranks that are F rank are considered to be the most useless Job Class and are not very powerful, however even though these classes can be considered weak they can evolve into higher Classes that lies within their job Class,like from a Lancer to a Lancer Cavalry. Once a human evolves their class there would be a tremendous boost in their Job Class capabilities which would make them much stronger. The highest rank a human can have is SSS rank and those kind of people are almost seen as demigods due to how unbelievably powerful they are. 

 

~ Also an SSS rank has the power to wipe out an entire power house country that's why every country tries to recruit these kinds of people. Okay I have talked too much let's get back to the story.)

6