Chapter 9 ** Emperor **
111 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anonym woke up, quite some time later, and demanded to have a bath. Switch had let her go, making new clothes appear for her for when she was finished.

Presley and himself hadn’t still come up with a decision of what they were going to do yet. What Switch had thought, was to ask Anonym of what she would prefer instead, after telling her his ideas.

Presley had gone out of the cave by now and flew around the Rain Clan, so far, he had found two great spots that he could use his fire breath, in the coolest way.

Not wanting to do anything without Anonym, he didn’t stay for long and returned to the cave.

Finding himself bored after a couple of minutes, he ended up strolling into the mountain and attempted to catch his own food. For a dragon it should be normally easy, but Switch had always provided him with food, so he was a little clumsy at it. He had honestly nearly lost his prey while they had flown towards the Rain Clan, quite some time ago. He had just wanted to catch the animal to impress her, but it had nearly fallen out of his mouth! Due to him trying to keep a hold of it, the blood had spilt to the ground and to his astonishment, made Anonym laugh even louder. He felt very lucky and never wanted to tell her that it was just an accident...

 

Bathing took such a long time, that Switch was walking backwards and forwards in frustration. Was he the only one excited? Did she not remember what she had said?

Finally, after two hours, she came out dressed up and sat down on one of the comfortable chairs. “What’s wrong with you?”

What’s…Wrong with me? Switch couldn’t believe her sometimes!

“I’ve been waiting for you!” He yelled at her.

Anonym frowned, “Why are you yelling at me!?”

Sighing to her frowning, he tried to calm down, it really was only him excited…

Sitting down beside her, he said, “I thought that you wanted to see my powers.”

Suddenly, her eyes twinkled, “Oh yeah! Haha, why didn’t you say so earlier! I didn’t think that you wanted to do it just yet, but sure, let’s go!”

Letting out a small laugh in defeat, he grabbed her hand and led her outside.

 

Anonym saw that Presley was outside and wondered what was going on. He rarely left his treasures!

“We have a few ideas.” Switch said, as he told her what they had come up with.

With what he was saying, Anonym couldn’t believe it! Blow the entire place up, blow them up a little bit from the sky, fire breath, send out magical fire balls, make them ice cubes, lightning…

Heck! She liked every single idea! She wanted to see them all. They all sounded great!

Switch didn’t quite understand her silence, he really wanted to take this chance to show her how powerful he was. Yet, as he said what he could do, she just stood there looking stunned!

“Do you like…Any of them!?” He asked.

Blinking, Anonym opened her mouth, “All of them! I can’t pick just one!”

Switch let out a breath and smiled, he couldn’t contain his happiness. “Well, we could do a couple of small ones, then if things get drastic we could go bigger!?”

Anonym laughed, “Right, let’s walk in, see who dares to come to hurt me and we’ll go down the list. Sounds like a plan! Let’s make the Rain Clan mine! Whether it will be annihilated or not! Haha! Oh wait! I forgot my crown!”

Switch clicked his fingers and produced her crown, putting it on her head himself.

“Oh, can I have it?” Presley asked, coming closer to Anonym to inspect the pretty treasure!

“No way!” Anonym said, glaring at Presley.

 

***

 

They left the cave, Anonym riding on Presley, and Switch teleporting right to the Imperial Palace. Landing, Anonym stayed on top of Presley and Switch stood there next to them, with his staff.

What they hadn’t expected, was all the white fabrics and clothes hanging everywhere. They saw everyone in white clothes and with red eyes, as they walked to and fro.

Anonym suddenly remembered that someone had died…That’s right people mourned the dead!

Thinking that she had died that many times and forgotten those who had died previously, she forgot about funerals.

A servant finally saw them and shrieked out of fear. “Dra…Dra…Dragon!”

More and more people came out then and saw Presley, a mythical creature, right in front of them!

Then, finally, royal members, all dressed in white came out too…

Imperial Concubine Dawn was speechless, she took a whole minute just looking at this dragon, that seemed happy to stand there. After that, she finally saw a girl that looked familiar…The news of the Emperor dying to the hands of a little girl had spread everywhere in the Rain Clan and she was positive it was her.

She had acted fast, after the Emperor’s death, claiming that she was ill and mourning, yet writing a letter. Her letter included all that she had knowledge of with this little girl and sent it away to her elder sister in Parched Badlands continent, to the west. It was inevitable that she would do all she could to capture this girl as fast as possible! At least until she could gain the help of her sister, who had become a wife of an official of the Emperor of Parched Badlands.

 

The Empress was pale, she had fainted upon hearing that the Emperor had been killed. Due to her fatigue and stress, she didn’t have enough strength to question what was going on.

There was a sixteen-year-old princess who held onto the empress, her eyes red, she also couldn’t say anything. Her doting father had left them…Knowing that the Imperial Concubine and Prince Nathan was domineering, she was unsure how her life will turn out now, without the protection of her father.

Seeing the crown on the head of a smiling face, Imperial Concubine Dawn couldn’t help but start to tremble in anger! “You…You!”

Anonym looked out her, not a shred of fear on her face. “What?”

Imperial Concubine Dawn finally shouted, “The girl who murdered the Emperor, is her! Detain her! She is not to leave the city!”

As the guards came out, Switch knocked the ground with his staff once, and they all fell. To this, Anonym laughed in joy, it really looked absolutely comical!

“It seems they would rather sit this one out, Concubine.” Anonym said, still smiling in satisfaction.

She hadn’t been able to see much of this technique last time, but seeing it firsthand today, made her really happy!

“That crown doesn’t belong to you!” Prince Nathan yelled. It had taken him this long to get over his shock, he was still very unhappy that his father had passed away, and yet, this little girl had come to cause more trouble! Upon seeing the dragon, he had taken even longer to focus and start to take charge. The problem was, he needed to get that crown and ascend the throne before the Crowned Prince appeared. How could he ascend the throne without the crown!?

“I believe it does.” Was all Anonym said. People thought to how she said it, was how it was supposed to be, but Prince Nathan couldn’t tolerate it another second. “Get General Clish!”

“…Yes, your highness.”

Anonym was interested as she watched the servant walk off. Would it be a one on one fight? Will it take him long to get here?

Switch saw that Anonym wasn’t worried and turned back to keep an eye on the guards and everyone else behind them. He wondered if his next trick would freak them out enough to relent to his girl.

 

 

“This…General…” Anonym started to talk, after a few minutes of silence.

But, she was interrupted by Prince Nathan, “Is going to kill you!”

Imperial Concubine Dawn frowned, she wanted the girl alive!

Anonym laughed, “Are you sure? He may be a General but I can’t see any people killing me in a one on one fight. Besides, dying isn’t anything new to me…Do you really think I’d be afraid?”

Prince Nathan looked at her in confusion. If death is not a new thing to her…Did that mean that she had come close to death that many times?

She let him think about it before she sighed and repeated herself, “This General…”

It was Imperial Concubine Dawn that interrupted her this time, “For the life of the Emperor you took, your life is forfeit. We own you now in repayment. I suggest that you come willingly, all three of you, before this General appears!”

“Pfft!” Anonym couldn’t hold in her laughter anymore. She felt like she was wasting her time.

Turning towards Switch, she raised her eyebrows, “I honestly thought they were smarter than this, but now I’m just getting bored.”

Switch smiled at her, letting out a small chuckle. “Indeed, maybe it’s time we make it more exciting!”

Hitting his staff on the ground, some things Anonym had never seen before, shot out from it and went in the direction of Prince Nathan and Imperial Concubine Dawn.

Watching with curiosity, Anonym saw the things land on the floor and then start to let out big noises and what looked like bits of fire or embers.

Seeing them being jumpy, she watched as the people started to jump around as well to get away from them. Some let out screams and some let out yells.

It was interesting to see that it did a small amount of harm if it touches a person. Anonym laughed, she was indeed happy with this entertainment. She could certainly see already some burnt spots on the bottom of the Imperial Concubine’s and Prince Nathan’s clothes.

Switch shook his head and smiled. He originally was going to use another type of magic, but she wanted something exciting instead. Her laughter satisfied him with his decision.

“Your Highness, the General has come!” A servant ran out and said.

Anonym, full of interest on the new person coming, waited for this 'General' to come out.

 

The General looked about fourty years old, he had armour on and looked exceptionally strong. His eyes scouted out like hawks and he heard the crackers still going off amongst the white clothed people. He was a faster witted person then the average person, known through quite a few places on the borders to be quite adapted to situations.

“General! We are being invaded!” Prince Nathan yelled in haste.

Anonym let out a smile to what he said.

The General looked over at the mythical dragon and stopped to a fast halt! A dragon!

Then the General looked up to see a young girl upon it and saw the man beside them.

“Invaded? There is only three of them? Why is there so much trouble?” He really could not understand it at all! Seeing all the guards on the floor, he yelled for them to get up, but stared at them with wide eyes through seeing that none of them were able to. All throughout his years, he’d already seen two things in the space of two minutes, that were totally outstanding but he could only keep his composure…

“I only come here to say hello, they are the ones who wanted to cause a ruckus.” Anonym said innocently.

“You’ve come…In peace?” The General didn’t believe her words, but tried to slowly go a little closer towards them. He noticed the crown on top of her head, making him even more certain her words weren’t honest.

Anonym looked at him sideways, “I am innocently just cultivating…Ah, then the Emperor wanted me to kneel to him. But I refused. So, he wanted to kill this little, innocent girl.”

Frowning, the General stopped walking, “Why didn’t y0u just kneel to the late Emperor? To everyone in this Rain Clan, you are not innocent!”

Anonym sighed and shrugged, she was not good at trying to be innocent. She’ll have to practise!

“Haha, you got me! I killed him because he tried to kill me. That’s all there is to it. Oh, and I very much like this crown. And since I have this crown, I’m declaring myself, as of this moment, the Emperor of Murkcloud continent!”

 

People stared in disbelief at this little girl, she wanted to be…Emperor?

Small sounds of laughter started to escape people’s mouths and Anonym looked at them sadly, “Switch, they don’t believe me!”

Switch wanted to laugh so hard to her words, he put his staff to the floor and ice went across the floor and iced up a few of the people that laughed.

“Awesome!” Anonym said, stars in her eyes, as she looked at the motionless figures, now totally enveloped in ice.

The General finally turned his eyes towards Switch, thinking that he was indeed the real problem, he said, “Young man, if you are willing to have a better life, you are welcome to come to our side or you are welcome to leave. Don’t you feel silly for following a little girl?”

Switch sneered at the General, but before he could say something, Anonym had jumped down and put her hand on his chest.

Walking towards the middle of the area in between the General and Switch, Anonym looked at the General and smiled, “In a fight just between you and I, this little girl would kill you, General.”

Staring at Anonym in bafflement, the General had to hold himself back from laughing.

Anonym sighed again, “General…Say don’t you have a hero or something that you look up to!”

“My grandfather, also named General Clish, but was also heard to be the Duel Weaponist!” The General said, with great pride.

Anonym pondered over the name, she put her hand to her chin, practically uncaring to where she was at that particular moment. For a whole minute, she didn’t say anything and the General didn’t know what to do. Did she want to still combat? What was she doing!?

People turned to look at each other, all of them having questions in their eyes.

“Duel Weaponist…Duel Weaponist…” Anonym mumbled, “General…Clish…”

Just as they had decided to try and take advantage of the moment, Anonym yelled with a happy voice, “I remember! Haha married to Janet, only two children and his father was a weapon smith. Yeah, he was cool. But I didn’t see him very much. General, how is your aunt?”

The General looked at her blankly.

“I hadn’t been in Murkcloud continent back then, but he had come to Glazechill continent twice. One time he took his eldest son, which I believe is your father, to marry someone from Glazechill continent and I was the soul priest. I remember! Switch…I remembered!” Anonym turned to Switch, looking really happy with herself.

Switch laughed and smiled at her, “You took your time!”

“Hey!” She said, folding her arms in front of her.

“You…You.” The General also remembered, his father really did go to Glazechill continent to marry his mother and had used a soul priest. And he really did have an aunt…She…knew her father? And grandfather? How could that be possible?

 

Anonym felt the silence and remembered the General, turning to him once again. “I was privileged, General. I really liked both your grandfather and father. Good men, good men. I don’t want to kill you, we can just spar instead.”

The General was still a bit flabbergasted with what she had just said and didn’t respond straight away.

“You don’t want to?” She asked, a little bit upset. She knew he’d be strong, that’s why she had gotten off the dragon. She obviously wanted to fight him!

Looking at the little girl again, he didn’t know how to treat her. She clearly respected him and honestly seemed to want to spar. What should he do? He felt himself start to like this little girl for an unknown reason…

“Are you a General of Murkcloud Continent?” Anonym asked, slyly.

“Yes. I am.” He automatically replied. If he wasn’t a General of Murkcloud continent, then what was he!?

“I am the Emperor of Murkcloud Continent, see I even wear the crown. And now, as Emperor, I want to spar with my General.” Anonym smiled innocently.

Unable to keep his smile hidden, the General sighed. This little girl has a way with words…

“Very well, I will spar with you.” He honestly wanted to know what it was that she could boast about anyway.

“General!” Prince Nathan yelled, “You are to kill this girl and her companions!”

Anonym looked at the people around them in annoyance, then turned towards Switch, “Do you think you could make it just between us?”

Switch tapped the floor with his staff, making Presley invisible and teleporting to the General. Then he teleported both him and the General to Anonym, then again, tapped the floor and they disappeared.

 

***

 

They were teleported outside of the Rain Clan and Switch walked away to give them room, letting Anonym go on as she wished.

Anonym smiled brightly at Switch and nodded happily. She turned to the stunned General, who was looking at Switch, and said, “General, don’t hold back on a little girl now.”

Looking back at Anonym, he was still a little stunned. “What?”

“Tell me when you are ready.” She said, a little annoyed that he clearly wasn’t ready yet and not taking her seriously.

The General took a couple of breaths and straightened up his posture, how could he let a little girl get the better of him!?

Being able to adapt, even though he just experienced yet another thing that he hadn't seen before, he was getting more curious as the time moved on and he finally said, “I am ready, little one.”

Anonym smiled and raced towards him, distracting the General straight away. She wanted to race in first?

Watching her with his eyes, he saw that she used quite a lot of strength and lacked more in speed. Being little, he put that into consideration but highly liked how she was indeed taking this seriously.

He smiled, he really wanted to see what she could do!

She was in front of him then and he stopped her punch with one hand, wanting to show her the difference in strength, but he didn’t realize that she would use her other hand on top of his wrist and pushed his hand down, while her other hand pushed his hand up to attempt to snap his wrist. While squeezing down on her fist, to stop her from pushing his hand back, he moved his other hand on top of her other hand and attempted the same thing that she had just tried on him.

Suddenly, things changed in an instant, she made herself to go back and then forwards with her feet and go between his legs, pulling their arms apart, due to sudden change of direction.

As she rolled and stood again, she smiled cheekily, this General was nasty and adapted to situations well. They were her worst enemies, because they didn’t have to know your routine to find your weakness, they would stop you or trap you as you go, even using your own moves as weaknesses. If she hadn’t changed the direction with a big push before, she wouldn’t have gotten her hands free from him.

The General also smiled, this little girl was better than he thought!

 

The spar lasted for hours, they enjoyed themselves that much that they laughed a few times and forgot that others were waiting on them. Switch watched the close combat of the two for a while before he decided to get Presley and return, and have something to eat. He placed out a whole table, just for Presley, then another table and chair just for himself. Putting one leg over the other and watching intently at the two fighting, he looked like a sexy god. He still had the same kind of clothes as he did when he had first met Anonym, but they weren't dirty at all. Strangely, even Presley hasn't really seen him in any other kind of clothes...Nonetheless, it made him look like royalty. Anonym wasn't the only one that thought he didn't belong on this planet, many others who have seen him thought the same. They all would have one thing in common, they would agree to think that Switch looks like a divine being, even with the scar on his face...

Switch wasn’t willing to walk away, but he didn’t want to just sit and wait either…Even though it looked like the General seemed to be having fun, he still didn’t trust him. So, the whole time, he just stayed there with Presley and kept an eye out.

At one stage, Anonym stopped and they had a drink. But then, they had continued after she had taken her crown off, and they would even start to chat as they fought. Both of them were sweating, their hair was wet and looking messy and the General had even taken off his armour. Anonym's clothes had dirt on them, as she had rolled on the ground in a few attempts to get out of a bad situation the General had put her in.

Sighing, Switch was a little upset…Wasn’t he supposed to show her how powerful he was!? Why did she want to fight such an old man, when this handsome one was right here?

Switch shook his head to his own thoughts. He couldn’t deny it, he was getting slightly possessive over his girl...

 

 

It was in the afternoon, when people started to come to them by carriage. Switch had noticed them first and had forgotten that someone had spotted them a couple of hours earlier. Not that he cared, but now it seems that person had gone off and told the Imperial Concubine and Prince, as they were the ones here now.

“General!” Prince Nathan yelled from his horse, “Why isn’t this girl dead!?”

General Clish looked up, from showing Anonym his sword, and saw the Prince. He’d completely forgotten about what had happened earlier today…

“Your Highness.”

Anonym sighed, “General have you forgotten who has become the Emperor already?”

The General looked back at Anonym and started to feel like he was in a bit of a predicament…If he didn’t bow to the royal lineage, how could he be a General. Yet, this girl was obviously powerful, with a powerful friend, if he didn’t bow to her…

What was he to do?

4