Chapter 8
112 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been 3 years since I got to this world. A lot of things have happened since the day some intruders entered my room.

The kid gave me my own mansion, my own land. I gladly accepted it. 

Oh, there's a lake too, how wonderful.

Since that time, he has visited me every day. He said that he was always worried about me. He is worried that someone will take me away or kill me and I will not be able to defend myself.

I purposed to him to make use of the loophole again and to block the knowledge about my existence. I also said that I don't need a servant. I can live by myself, that would be a lot better.

That time when I found out that demons are not as loyal as was described in the book, I'm not very confident about them anymore. The servant might end up being a spy.

"Who will take care of you? Prepare your bath?  Prepare your meals?" He asked a bunch of stuff as if I was a person who can't take care of myself.

I rubbed his head and replied, "I know how to take care of myself."

"Yes, yes. You are that amazing." He said gently and softly looked at me.

I felt weird and got goosebumps by the way he reacted. I just nodded my head.

When I started to live in the mansion. Since that day, the kid is the only person I have seen and talked with. I was surprised to know that even though I don't clean the mansion, it still stays clean. Though it gets dirty when I intentionally make a mess.

I know how to cook, I know how to do chores, so I got no problem staying alone in the mansion.

As time passed by, I got so bored and decided to look for other things to do. I looked at my vast land and decided to plant it with various types of plants.

I requested a bunch of books about plants to Leonardo, the Demon kid... I mean king.

He gave me a lot of them the very next day. He said I could ask for anything. This kind of habit of him never changed. I then asked him if I could take his title, he just laughed at my joke and gently looked at me, it gives me goosebumps when he looks at me like that.

I noticed that he became carefree as if the shy boy never existed. He gives me everything I requested without any delay and I know for myself that he is spoiling me.

There was a day he asked me, "Do you want to get out here?"

I just replied with a bored tone, "I have no plan on going out for the time being." 

He seems to be satisfied with my answer. "I will take care of you."

I know for myself that I'm just scared to go out and see the world because once I do, I know that this kind of peaceful life will disappear without a trace.

I'm in the land of the demon. Demons hate humans. I look like a human, smell like one too so some of them might disapprove of my existence and try to get rid of me.

After I felt like I had enough knowledge about plants in this world, I requested Leonardo for tools for planting and seeds of various plants. As usual, he gave them to me the next day.

Planting was fun. I had fun observing their growth and also feel proud looking at their fruit. I gave Leonardo the privilege to take the first bite of the first fruit that bared in my garden.

"Delicious. You really are amazing!" His eyes sparkled when he said that as if he is looked at me like some kind of high-being.

I didn't react to it because I got used to him looking at me like that whenever I do something.

"It's because of hard work. I studied plants and how to plant them correctly for a long time. I also took great care of them and observe them every day. Anyone can do it if they have patience. You need to work hard too." I gestured for him to do the fist pump. He received with a blinding smile on his face.

"I will."

I was having fun planting and started to notice that my mansion started to look like it was in the middle of the forest.

It would have been great if there were butterflies. However, the butterflies can't get here because of the loophole. 

There are no rabbits or any kind of animals in my forest but I guess it was also a good thing. It will problematic if there were animals in my forest, they might destroy my plants.

Some of the plants are very hard to grow because die easily and some just grow very slowly.

Leonardo told me that his kingdom is slowly expanding. "There are many promising soldiers who joined the military. I think we are slowly having the strength to fight against humans. The kingdom is also slowly expanding and some demons who were in the hiding entered the kingdom signed to be permanent citizens. These are good news, right? Am I doing a good job?"

"Yes, good job." I rub his head he happily received it. "However, don't accept just anyone. Just because they are demons, it doesn't mean you can let them be a permanent citizen just like that. You need to be more cautious! Your kingdom is still small and also in a very dangerous situation, a single mishap might result in the extermination of the Demon Kingdom. Though they are demons, there might be some who changed of hearts."

"I understand, I will be more cautious from now on."He nodded his head.

"I like how obedient you are." I smiled at him

He quickly bows his head. I noticed that his ears are red.

 "I know that you are always trying to help me and point out my flaws. I will always listen to you."

My instinct is telling me that there are other meanings behind his words but no matter how I think, I can't guess it.

I shook my head and just ignore it. I don't think he has any ill-intention anyway.

He is always happy to share with me the achievement that he made for the kingdom, the problems of the kingdom, and the news he heard about the human kingdoms. That's why even though I haven't been outside, I pretty much have an idea of what's happening. 

I heard that Angelica already had her first child and is already 2 years old. 

Compared to me, Angelica already stayed here for more than 4 years, she already created her family. Maybe she gave birth at the age of... 17?

I will congratulate her if I ever got the chance to see her, I doubt that happening though.

He walked towards me and stops in front of me.

There is also another habit that he developed this past 3 years. 

"I haven't washed yet today. You shouldn't do that."

"It's okay. It still smells nice."

He grabs a few strands of my hair and kisses them.

I just let him do what he wants. He looked at me directly in the eyes and smiled at me as if he was hinting me something.

I may think of this as an innocent act if it was a few years earlier but not now. I know how he feels about me but I don't have any intention of repaying it. So the best course of action is to pretend to be ignorant about it.

"I like the color of your hair. It's black and shines when hit by the ray of the sun or the moon." He said while continue playing with my hair.

"Is that so." I look at his soft-looking violet shiny hair. "I think yours is much better. Whenever I paint on my world. I like to color the night sky with a combination of violet, blue and black."

"You paint? Are you an artist too?" He looked at me attentively like he was waiting for me to continue.

"No, I don't consider myself as one. I paint just for fun. I just like to paint the night sky and the rest are silhouettes of something. I only use poster paint though, it was just for fun so I don't want to spend much money." 

"Is there anything you can't do?"

"Of course there's a lot."

"Like what?"

"I can't play any musical instruments, I can't sing, there's a lot of them." Right, there's a lot of things that I can't do.

I remember when I tried to learn guitar. I asked them "How do you know how many times you need to strum or pluck the string? How do you know if you need to strum or pluck? How do you know at what string do you need to pluck?" I keep asking them those questions and they said, "you need to use your emotions and listen to the music."

That's when I learn that I need to stop learning guitar, I don't know how to listen to music. Maybe I was tone-deaf.

I then tried to learn the violin. Then I got stuck to the vibrato part. I stopped because I didn't have the patience for it.

Someone said that I have a nice voice and should use it for singing. However, there are so many restrictions like not to drink cold nor hot liquid, using the oxygen from the brain to sing, need to run at least every morning for breathing, etc.

I also wanted to try the piano. However, remembering my dusted guitar and violin, I decided not to.

I then concluded that I don't have the patience in learning music. It is not for me.

6