Chapter 16
54 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Chapter 16

Everyone took their tools and we started to remove the grass.

Looking at the very vast grass field, then turning to look at my coworkers, it will take us a lot of time to remove every single strand of grass. 

We can't harshly treat the soil so the plants that are planning to be planted have a high chance of growing up beautifully.

I wiped the sweat that was threatening to get inside my eyes.

I took a deep breath as I'm starting to get a little bit tired and my clothes are starting to get wet from too much sweating.

The hot weather is totally making us suffer. 

I took a deep breath and continued on removing the grass.

Everyone is so focused on their job. No one dared to dilly-dally because Diego is right behind us,  suspiciously looking at us one by one. Trying to catch someone who is being 'lazy'.

I always get goosebumps whenever his sharp eyes land on me. I feel like there are sharp needles that will stab me if I ever stop doing my work or take a little break…I know the others also feel the same way. Well, there are others who don't care and emotionlessly do their job without any kind of pressure. All in all, everyone is working like a robot. You can only hear the digging of the dirt.

Surprisingly, even though Diego is just standing there, he is not under a shade and also exposed to the sun. He doesn't have any hint of sweat, looking at him makes me feel like he has an invisible cooler right beside him that makes him look fresh and neat. Compared to us, we look haggard and the coworker over there looks like he will get a heatstroke any time soon. Good luck to you…I hope someone will catch you if you ever faint.

Looking at my hands full of dirt. This kind of reminds me of my life in the mansion.

I also did this thing there. The only difference is that Leonardo was helping me. We can take a break whenever we want which makes me lazy at times because nothing is pushing me to work fast.

I miss this feeling of feeling pressured to do something. This kind of makes me happy.

I'm originally a person who preferred to be ordered around than to give orders because if I'm just ordered to do something I don't need to think of what to do because there is already a task and instructions given. I also want someone to force me to finish the task quickly like setting a deadline because if there's no deadline, it tempts me to procrastinate.

Leonardo, he is the kind of person who is reluctant to give me an order. He is afraid that something will happen to me, this kind of attitude annoys me sometimes. I know that he cares about me but it totally makes me feel like I'm a useless person and like a fragile little porcelain doll. I am someone who has a very huge ego, I don't want to feel useless especially to those people who gave me so much.

This is the reason why I came to the human territory and made myself a spy, to make myself useful.

Leonardo had spoiled me for a long time which made me almost forget my real purpose. I was summoned to be a helper and not to be a freeloader. 

Items like 'Demon Detector' don't work on me because I am human so I have advantage on becoming a spy.

I wonder if there are really gods in this world and what kind personality do they have?

The humans of this world have a god they call God of light. However Leonardo didn't mention any god. Were they abandoned by their god? Or were they the ones who abandoned their god? Do demons even have someone they called a god?

As I keep thinking about random things, my hands are also doing their job, this also helps me in forgetting about the tiredness of what I'm doing.

I heard a tiny ting of a bell.

"Time for Lunch." I heard a voice of a woman who's wearing a maid uniform but different from what Luna wore.

Luna wore a made uniform that has the color white and black. This woman is wearing the same design but different color. She has white and green. She looks a little bit older than Luna, maybe her age is around early twenties. 

Luna has a cheerful and friendly personality but this one has the complete opposite, she gives off a very indifferent vibe.

She is standing beside Diego.

I was so focused on my work that I didn't notice that someone came.

I stood up and so are the others and we followed the maid who knows where.

Diego gave us a disapproving look as if he is against letting us eat.

Seriously? I'm starting to think that Diego is stupid…and narrow-minded.

Even Robots need to recharge! Well, as if you know what even robots are. Right, the right thing to replace Robots are golems.

Golems are made up of soil and rocks. They are created by Alchemists and they are used during the war between them and the demons. Well, also during war between humans and their fellow race, they sometimes also use golems. However, golems are things that are very hard to make because you need the right amount of soil, rocks etc to make the Golems stable, if a little bit of mistake on the measurement the golem will collapse. Waste of effort, materials and mage power. 

Right! Golems also need mana from Earth Mages.

In my opinion, golems are still inferior to robots because they can't do anything else other than fight and follow the words of their maker. They don't have the capability of calculating. They seem to be very  vulnerable too. 

The weakness of the Golems are very easy to figure out because they are everywhere. Killing the maker can make the golem useless. It cannot move without its maker's command.

Cut a single arm and then it's game over for the golem for it will instantly collapse. Well, it's not like I'm saying that it's a very easy task to do.

In a war, I will definitely not use golem for they are impractical…everyone who read the book about how to make a golem already knows its weakness, I think it was stupid of the author for spreading the information to the whole world…or maybe there is a conspiracy behind it.

Speaking of golems…what is that little doll doing walking towards a kid? A possessed doll? Do ghosts exist in this world? Scary…

3