cases c7.003 – babel
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: Please do not get offended by the content of this chapter. Hopefully, please do not report me. This is fiction and I mean no harm to any real-world figures. I superbly respect these significant people as they brought valuable contributions to the world. Hope you understanding where I am coming from. Thanks again for enjoying my work. Have a nice day! 


Tower of Babel...

Is on that poster again...

 

Let me explain to you the concept of "coincidence".

Coincidence is when incidents happen when there are no direct events causing it to happen. 

Just like what I said previously.

 

"This world has no 'karma'. No cause. No effect."

Chain effect? Butterfly effect?

Fixing the cause and the ending will be different?

 

No. The answer is no! 

No matter how hard you try to alter an incident by fixing its cause, it not necessarily will end up with a better ending.

At least, that is what happened to Audrey Kizuna. 

No matter how hard I tried to save her. 

 

Probably, she doesn't need me to save her at all.


Reverse thinking? 

What is the purpose of this whole time reset process? 

Why particularly 14 June 2021 to 4 July 2021? 

And most importantly, why Audrey Kizuna & me? 

 

...


Who am I?

It is already chapter 3 of this story, and yet nobody knows my identity yet. 

 

As far as I remember, 13 June 2021 in the very first timeline, I am just an ordinary college first-year student taking neuroscience, psychology, & philosophy (and some arts). I am just very normal. 

 

This is not your typical anime, light novel, or manga where the main character will have superpowers and save the world.

No. 

I am just an ordinary person. 

 

Regarding my name...

my name...

My name? 

...


Tower of Babel...

This is really not the first time I saw it on the poster. 

In all these time resets, I at least saw it 1,000 times. 

It is quite low, I know. 

 

But, this Tower of Babel itself is something rare, to begin with.

Who will really put a poster of Tower of Babel in their liquor stores? 

How low is that odd? 

 

I don't understand anymore. 

Just in case you forgot, recap the previous chapter. 
I hid inside this liquor store because unknown Yakuzas were spamming bullets outside in the street. 

The reason is unknown, but this has been happening in all the time resets 30 minutes after the death of Audrey Kizuna.

There were cases, Audrey was killed because of these massacres. Due to her death, somehow it "trigger" another 30 minutes of the massacre. 

 

I am not very sure about it. This is just my observation so far.

 

The noises of bullet rain stopped. 

I walked over to the wall, and tear down the poster. 

 

Nothing special again. 

But this poster always got my attention, as if...

 

This is one of the key pieces to find out the truth.

...


Tower of Babel

The tower to heaven. Stairway to heaven...

"And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all is one and one is all, that's what it is
To be a rock and not to roll, oh yeah"

Sorry, Led Zeppelin. 

Jokes aside.

 

Tower of Babel, a tower where God rejected mankind, as both God & mankind couldn't understand each other. 

Tower of Babel, a tower where mankind rejected each other, as everyone speaking different languages.

Tower of Babel, a tower that never exists. 

 

Even if it ever existed, it is merely a symbol of greed and misunderstanding. 

 

Based on what I know, Tower of Babel probably is one of the first triggering points where the world breaks apart. 

...

...

...

Wait? 

What did I just say? 

Tower of Babel probably is one of the first triggering points where the world breaks apart. 

 

This really sounds like a good starting point for me to discover more clues.

At least, Tower of Babel may be one of the root sources that causes this whole time reset thing. 


I exited the liquor store.

 

Outside...

It is a street of a bloodbath. Corpses all around the places. 

 

What a waste. 
I remembered I was terrified and craped my pants in the first 1,000 times reset. 

I even committed suicide numerous times, as I couldn't take this whole shit at all.

But now...

 

I am kinda immune to this. 

 

At this point in time, I kinda understand why those murderers can murder people but still love people that matter to them. 

They are just being human. 

 

Caring for others who don't matter at all is not our natural ability, to begin with. 

We are all brainwashed by our society to at the very least, not harm others. 

But underlying, we are all humans who instinctively only care about those few people that matter to us. 

 

Nobody can save everyone. 
At least, in multiple timelines, you know...

I even threaten and murdered important figures like Vladimir Putin, Xi Jin Ping, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, etc. just to save Audrey and end these pointless time resets. 

However...

It just didn't work out at all...


Tower of Babel...

 

[to be continued]

 

 

1