cases c7.004 – that man
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: Please do not get offended by the content of this chapter. Hopefully, please do not report me. This is fiction and I mean no harm to any real-world figures. I superbly respect these significant people as they brought valuable contributions to the world. Hope you understanding where I am coming from. Thanks again for enjoying my work. Have a nice day! 


Just when I started to leave that bloody street, noises of sirens started to come closer toward this direction. 

Ambulances, military vans, & police vehicles come over 1 by 1.

 

I slowly left the scene and head toward a quieter place in another town. 

Yeah...

Only 10 days are left in this timeline. 

I really need to do something. 

...


As I know, staying in the Fushimi ward will not be ideal for me as the officials such as inspectors/police will somehow suspect me.

The entire Fushimi Inari Shrine area had covered with bloodshed. 

Without thinking too much, I straightaway keep walking toward the north. 

 

Until some point, I somehow reached a train station. 

Demachiyanagi Station.

 

In this train station, everything looks normal

Probably these people are not aware of the massacre around Fushimi Inari Shrine yet.

 

I randomly got onto the train, and begin my journey of escape. At the same time, I need to find out more clues on the Tower of Babel. 

On the train...

Just 5 minutes...

I accidentally fell asleep.

...

...

...


When I woke up, I realized the crowd on the train get lesser. 

Without even noticing, 30 minutes have passed.

 

"Ichihara Station."

"Ichihara Station."

 

I got down from the train, and google search where am I. 

Apparently, I am in some rural area that very close to the mountains. 
There is a famous mount nearby known as Mount Kurama. 

I searched around and realized there is some great homestay up there. 

 

I took another train to head toward Mount Kurama.

...


You might be thinking. 
"Impossible! How are you even possible to travel around? Do anything you want to do when you are just a typical college student?"

 

You know...

With the experience of 77 thousand resets, I am very clear of this world! 

Despite the uncertainties and chaotic resets, the world economy is within my predictions. 
BWAHAHAHAHH!

 

I've seen multiple market crashes in the freaking same 20-days over so many times.

Frankly speaking, no matter which countries facing massacres after Audrey's death, the financial crisis in these resets somehow more or less the same. I have been trading cryptocurrencies, shares & some other high-risk financial instruments all this while.

I earned a shitton of money and I am secretly a millionaire currently. 

A few million US dollars are more than sufficient to live through this 20-days timeframe. 

 

Every time the timeline reset, the first thing I will do is earn some money and resources via trading. 

Money is really not a problem in this case.

 

You will start to realize, "Money is not everything. Money is truly just a tool to ease our lives."

However, I am not someone who has the right to say that.

 

After all, I failed my life so many times in order to get access to all this money-making information.

It doesn't worth it.

...


When arrived at the famous homestay at Mount Kurama, there are a few warm waiters came and welcomed me. 

I entered the homestay, and the interior designs are magnificent as if I entered another dimension. 

 

It wasn't very crowded, but there are a few guests staying over here just to chill and enjoy themselves. 

I went over to my room, put down my stuff, and begin my search on the Tower of Babel.

 

You might be thinking, "Wait what? Am I really going to search the information just from google?" 

"Is this story really going to be this boring, with the protagonist getting out from his time loop by FREAKING GOOGLE SEARCHING???"

Yup. It is exactly this boring. 

I am sorry. I apologize for my misbehavior. 
I am not your typical shounen manga dramatic protagonist. 

I mean, I legit don't have any direction. LOL

I have been resetting my 77 thousand timeline by google searching what I can try to do. After identifying what I can try, I will attempt that tasks. Most of the time, I failed.

Imagine in the timelines I reset where I based in China. 

I used VPN and searched "How to murder President Xi in order to take over China?", "How to threaten President Xi to help me threaten the United States?", & "How to negotiate with President Xi to help me save the girl I want to save?". 

 

Just when I was searching for ways to do it, the Chinese Government already bashed into my house and captured me. 

Yeah...

It is a bad idea to search for stupid things in China. 

or maybe, my VPN is not strong enough? Maybe I should try NordVPN next time. 

 

Anyways, that is my thought process, and how I lived through those times resets. 

As I said, I did succeed in murdering some significant figures before in order to get me out from this stupid time reset and rescue Audrey Kizuna.

 

However, it seems like, it didn't work at all. 

The presidents seem to don't understand why I did these and have no awareness about this whole time reset. 

 

I don't understand as well.

How is it possible these significant people don't know about this time reset? 

Or did I attempted this wrongly?

...

...

...

Just when I got too deep into my thoughts, I realized, I wasn't even researching the Tower of Babel.

 

*knock**knock*
I heard someone knocked on my door. 

 

I walked toward the door and opened it. 

It was a waitress. 

 

"My honored guest, your dinner & bath are ready. Feel free to head over and enjoy." She said with a gentle manner.

...

"The Babel is awaiting you."

...

...

What? 

"What did you said?" I replied with a serious tone and my hand grabbed both her shoulder.  

 

The waitress was shocked. 
"My honored guest, I said nothing else. You may enjoy your dinner & bath." 

 

"I see. Thanks. Sorry for scaring you." I replied and let go of my hand. 

...

...

...


I head over to the public bath of the homestay. 

However, since that, I have been feeling an overwhelming intensity over my head. 

 

Babel...

What is even it? 

 

I have no idea.

I reached the male public bath.

 

I took off my shirt and put my stuff into a locker.

Headed over into the bath area. There were few men around.

 

I found a corner which is far away from other men.

I want to find peace within.

 

Babel...

...

...

...

...

...

 

"Eh, young man! Relax yourself!" A deep voice directed to me.

 

I was shocked and looked backward. 

It was a Japanese man but spoken a great American-slang English. 

 

"Young man. When you bathe, you focus on the bath." He said.

I remained silent.

 

"Don't think for other things. Other things will surface themselves." He continued. 

...

...

 

Both of us remained silent for quite some time, awkwardly.

Then...

 

"I am leaving, young man." He stood up and left the bath area.

"See you later." He continued. 

And eventually, he walked away.

...

...

...

See you later?

 

I don't understand.

But...

 

What is even that man up to?

And...

What is even Babel? 

 

[to be continued]

 

1