cases c7.005 – confusion
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: Please do not get offended by the content of this chapter. Hopefully, please do not report me. This is fiction and I mean no harm to any real-world figures, religion, or any specific orientation. I superbly respect these significant people and every religion as they have been bringing valuable contributions to the world. Hope you understanding where I am coming from. Thanks again for enjoying my work. Have a nice day! 


Let's not think about where is the Tower of Babel, but understand what does "Babel" means.

 

Babel has no meaning in the first place. 
People thought that Babel may be a place, but this place is uncertain. 

But people did eventually gave "Babel" a meaning, which means "to confuse". 

 

Tower of Babel, also known as, Tower of Confusion. 

Let's recap again, this is the tower that caused mankind to separate and speak multiple different languages.

By speaking different languages, mankind started to confuse and misunderstand each other.

 

Eventually, mankind has broken apart. 

 

Simple as that. 

Bible may say this event is the separation between mankind and God, but I would like to put the main focus on separation among mankind. 

 

If we put some thought into this.

What if...

 

Babel is a secret mastermind organization since 3000 BC?

...

...

...

...

...

Am I dumb?

How is that even possible? 

...


I left the public bath.

I wore my new clean shirt, picked up my belongings, and headed to the dining place. 

 

The dining place looks so nice. 

The area is vast, and right on the north corner side, it was set beside a waterfall. 

I informed the waitress of my room number, and she directed me to my dining table. 

 

She then brought some sake for me and introduced what will be my dinner tonight. 

All of this sounds good. 

 

Just when I wanted to start to google search the Tower of Babel in my iPhone again...

...

"Young man. When eating, you should focus on eating." The familiar deep voice directed into my ear again.

I looked up.

 

It was that Japanese man, again. 

He pulled out the chair right in front of me and had a seat.

 

"Young man, stop doing what you are doing." He said. 

...

"Babel will not forgive you if you continue doing this." He continued.

 

What the hell he just said? 

Is he a friend... or a foe? 

Should I run? 

This time reset is going to end now again? 

 

Who the hell is this man? 

Why didn't I met him in the past 77,784 times? 

 

Did I finally hit the right point? 

Babel? 

Is Babel really in the right direction? 

 

I don't mind if I die now. I don't mind if he kills me right away.

After so many times of reset, finally someone from this "time reset storyline" approached me! 

 

WHAT A RELIEF!

If I redo again, I know what I should continue to focus on.

I closed my eyes, as if, my death will fall upon me in the next second

...

...

...

...


"Eh young man! Why are you closing your eyes like that as if you are prepared to die?" He said to me and used his hand to shake my body. 

I opened my eyes.

 

"Chill. I am not part of Babel." He said. 

 

What? 

"I approached you because I was watching the recordings of the Fushimi Inari Shrine massacre." He said.

"You acted very unnaturally as if you have seen all these multiple times." He continued. 

"I actually sent my people to go and murder you, because you acted too unnatural. From the point, you left the shrine, run into the liquor store, and keep walking aimlessly until you reached a train station." He said.

"Then I didn't know why. But, you just happened to take a train and come over to this homestay." He continued.

"I thought, you might know this place is owned by me. But, it was just me overthinking. You don't even seem to know anything." He laughed. 

 

I was terrified. 

What is going on?

Who is this man?

 

"Who am I, right?" He said and smirked.

 

"I believe, you are in serious confusion now." He said 

 

"We are all slaves to Babel. They have been positioned themselves as the ultimate divinity." He said. 

...

...

He silenced for a while.

He then asked the waitress to send my dinner over. 

 

"Young man. When you're eating, you should focus on eating." He said. 

He was sitting right opposite of me, but it isn't that simple. 

 

I was terrified and overwhelmed by his intense pressure. 

"Young man. Please eat." He said, staring at me, and expecting me to eat.

 

I started to pick up my spoon & chopsticks. 

 

Lobster King Kyoto Traditional Ramen. 

This special ramen is uniquely prepared by this homestay's chef. 

 

It looks good, but the pressure from the Japanese man hindered my nose & tongue. 

I couldn't smell or taste the greatness of this Lobster Ramen.

 

I couldn't feel anything.

I wasn't even sure time is moving or not, as if I was facing Dio Brando. 

He kept staring at me when I am eating this Lobster Ramen.

 

1 hour...

2 hours...

3 hours...

4 hours...

5 hours...

6 hours...

 

Just when I thought 6 hours have passed, I looked at my watch.

It was only 6 minutes passed!!!!!!!!!

I looked into my Lobster Ramen, it left quarter of the bowl.

I immediately finish drinking the soup & ramen!

Start peeling the shell of lobster!

 

I kept peeling, trying to distract myself by enjoying the food, but I couldn't at all.

I constantly could feel that intensity from that Japanese man. He kept staring and smirking at me. 

 

In the end...

I managed to do it!

I finished the Lobster!!!!

For the first time, I felt I took a whole day to eat a meal. But in fact, only 18 minutes passed since I began. 

...

...

...


He laughed.

He stood up and kept laughing like a kid.

 

"Well done. You entertained me. You passed the test. I trust you and won't murder you." He laughed and said.

 

What the hell?

The Lobster Ramen is a freaking test???

Just now I was having those typical shounen "becoming stronger" training tests?  like Goku, Naruto, and whoever it is? 

After a long 1 minute of laughter, the Japanese man suddenly gets into a serious tone. 

"Waitress, please ask other guests to go back to their room. I got something need to deal with this young man." He said.

 

Eventually, the waitresses started to invite the guests to return to their rooms. Those guests don't look happy about it.

One of the guests came over and say, "Hey! I was enjoying my ramen! What customer service is this? I am going to complain!" 

The waitresses kept trying to comfort and calm down that aggressive guest, but kept complaining and making a fuss.

 

*BANG!*

...

...

The noise stopped.

The noise from that guest stopped.

He fell to the ground, and blood started to flow out from his brain.

 

"This is the freaking customer service you deserve." The Japanese man said and slowly put his pistol into his pocket again.  

Everyone screamed. 

 

He then shouted, "Silent!" 

"I will break your peace of mind if you break my peace of mind." He continued with a rough serious voice. 

 

Eventually, everyone quieted down, in fear. 

...

...
"Good." He said.

"Kindly continue to enjoy your experience in Kirobun Homestay. Remember to give us 5-stars ratings in Google Map. Thanks." He smiled and said gently. 

"If anyone of you even dares to tell anyone about what you see, you get what you deserve." He continued. 

"Okay. That's all. Enjoy your night." He said.

 

Eventually, the guests slowly evacuated and returned to their room.

...

...

The room just left two of us.

What he wants to do with me? 


"Young man..."

"You earned my trust, and I am going to help you."  He said.

 

"I am Kenjiro Fujiwara. I believe you heard of the famous Fujiwara clan who served as the shogun and emperor in the past few centuries. All those glories don't really matter now, but the sins our ancestors brought forward do bring some bad effects in the reality." He said.

"I am the head of Takekawa-kai (竹川会). If you don't understand Japanese, it means the Yakuza society of Bamboo River. You can learn about our Yakuza history later when you are free." He continued. 

"But the main point is, we were the Yakuza who launched the massacre just now in Fushimi Inari Shrine area." 

...

"We wanted to eliminate Audrey Kizuna." 

...

...

"I am just doing what I can ———— to destroy Babel..." He said.

 

WHAT??????????

 

[to be continued] 

 

1