11. Moon Slash
38 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day of graduation came fast . The lake city school came a day ahead , the whole event was supposed was to be a one day event . Lee did not really bother about the contest , he just followed the process he always follows. The event was a big attraction for the townsfolks the city lord had invited all the martial families to witness the display of power by the young generation. The lake city school was miles ahead when it came to talent , the lake city was a big business center in the southern half the dynasty as a result the students had better access to resources, no one had any doubts about which school was going to win , but regardless the fight was a great way for the small ning city to find some money .

At the huge temporary stage people were beginning to fill in , there were even some lake city folks who came to witness the event. With a blaring of trumpets both children from the school assembled . The difference in status of the  two schools were quite evident . While the ning city kids were just around 5 star average apprentices , all the lake city kids were atleast 8 starers . But regardless the kids of ning city school were upbeat , they were ready to have good fight with their opponents . Within the huge stage there were 10  little circular platforms two students would fight in the circular ring . The winner get to stay in the ring while the loser would have a second chance later, if the loser could not win even after 2 attempts he was considered failed. Meanwhile the winner staying in the ring can fight as many opponents as he likes until he gets defeated or until he wants to fight ,but he is  considered as a graduate candidate after the first win. The elders who oversee the exam will pick 10 candidates who they think performed better and they would fight each other to determine the winner.

The names of students were taken and the list was made and the candidates walked up to the platforms .

Lee's name was not in the first list so he decided to look for the strongest opponent , he opened up his senses he could find 3 martial masters among the lake city students , seeing he had some fights to look up to Lee sat down on a nearby chair and took a quick nap.

In the rings however the ning city students were having a tough time , they were getting thrown around .

"Haha why do these trashes think they can become a martial artists, they cant even stand a single punch"

"Haha this remote place doesnt have enough techniques to teach this idiots "

The lake city kids were being boisterous.

Kenz Li ,Chu Wu and Cho Tan were the top three of the lake city school , they were now standing in 3 different platforms , their opponents either surrendered or were thrown out , being martial warriors their power was simply monstrous. 

"Lee Ming, to platform 5"

At last Lee's name was called . Most students in ning school was aware he was the most powerful among them at the same time they didnt knew how he fared against the lake city students . Lee was too mysterious for his own classmates . Just as his name was called Lee opened his eyes and walked up to the 5th platform. His opponent was an 8 star apprentice from lake city school ,he has been staying unbeaten since last 5 rounds but he showed no signs of weakness. Upon seeing Lee walk up the opponent became cocky , Lee looked a year younger than the opponents he faced until now, but Lee's faced pissed him off, Lee was not even looking at him , he just looked here and there absent mindedly .

"You brat ,  how dare you look away when fighting me , I will teach u a lesson now", the opponent in a fit of rage rushed towards Lee. Seeing his opponent rushing at him , Lee stared at him with an indifferent face, the face of a person who has seen far too worse. Just as the opponent was an inch away from him , Lee crouched, he crouched so fast and so low that for the enemy it felt as if Lee vanished. Within the same breath Lee gave him a little push that was enough to send him out of the battle arena. 

"Lee wins"

Lee got up and walked to the center of the ring and waited for his next opponent. Lee's next opponent was another 8 star apprentice. 

"Begin", Just as the sentence was said the 8 star apprentice took out two daggers and rushed him with enormous speed , the speed difference between this kid and the earlier opponent was very high. To the other ning city kids watching the fight the lake city student practically turned into a mist and disappeared ! 

The lake city kid was closing in on Lee with daggers drawn , the kid knew Lee was too troublesome so he relied on his speed to take him down. His special technique allowed him to reach the speed of a peak 9 star apprentice, with a huge grin on his face he reached Lee from behind and his knife touched Lee's clothes. "GOT YOU", he said. Suddenly Lee disappeared from his vision , he was startled he didnt expect Lee to be more faster than him!

Boom 

The 8 star apprentice flew out of the platform , with his speed being one upped by Lee , he put up no resistance.

All the remaining fight saw the same fashion, Lee being too fast to touch or even see , his counter attacks where either just  a push or a punch but it was enough to defeat the opponents. As the first event was about to reach its finale it became clear on who was gonna go to the next level.

As  the first event finished there was a short break , the elders were busy discussing who would be the top 10. A  crowd of ning city students engulfed Lee , he was the only student from ning school to stay undefeated. They asked him to go up as much as he could and to humiliate the lake city.

After the break the elders announced the list, unsurprisingly Lee was the only ning student on the list . 

"The next round would be an everyman for themselves round, the last man standing on the ring would be the winner ! ", the elders announced.

The crowd grew angry, this contest meant everyone of lake city will gang up on the one kid from ning school! the ning students began shouting and bellowing . But the rules are rules , the city lord stood up and silenced the crowd. "Lee is just unlucky ", he thought .

On the platform Lee was ecstatic , he could finally go against 9 people he doesnt need to hold back any longer. Lee got down and picked up his sword , he thought for such a light contest he never needed one , but now he saw it as a good venue to test his moon slashes .

He walked into the ring of 9 lake city students . "Hey kid do you really want to continue ? Our lake city always sticks together , dont think we wont team up against you , we would beat you up and humiliate the ning city", Cho tan laughed as he said it , he was standing with other 4 lake city students eyeing at Lee while Kenz Li and Chu Wu simply stood by the end of the circle , they were no 1 and no 2 of their school respectively, they didnt even think Lee as a potential threat , they would fight who ever stands last.

"I am not going to surrender ", Lee's face was still indifferent . He stood with his sword drawn , he  flicked his sword around his right arm , he used a nimble straight sword, the sword had no sharp tip edge but a blunt straight tip, it was good for cutting more than piercing .

"Lets goo", all 5 opponents fired their martial techniques at Lee , Chu tan quickly disappeared and appeared behind Lee with his sword drawn. A smile escaped Lee .

"Release" 

Lee's cultivation quickly rose from 8 star apprentice to a 1 star martial warrior . Up in the viewing platform the city lord and everyone was stunned , this kid was hiding his cultivation all alone !! 

Back in the arena , Lee's sudden burst of cultivation did not really change the status quo all those martial techniques combined where enough to injure a 1 star martial warrior not to mention the sword of Cho Tan approaching him from behind.

"Shadow Flicker". Lee mumbled. 

As the technique came in contact they exploded creating huge balls of energy and dust .

"Where did he go", within the cloud of smoke, Cho Tian's sword couldnt touch Lee , he knew Lee escaped . He flicked his arms making the dust smoke go away .

"I am here ", a voice was heard. Lee was standing right next to Kenz and Chu . The duo were startled ! they couldnt even sense his presence.

"Why dont u witness my martial skill next" , Lee exclaimed as he jumped up and he whipped his sword .

"Moon slash".

A huge sickle shaped wind formed out his sword , it travelled at a break neck speed to the 5 cultivators , they were all engrossed in comprehending how Lee evaded their attacks that they didnt get time to react. All five of them regardless of their cultivation were thrown out of the arena , the technique  made a huge crater on the arena.

The crowd ran wild Lee from ning city took out 5 top cultivators in a single move , isnt that too much who knows maybe he will rank first in the tournament . Lee got down and turned towards the duo , the two were certainly shocked but they knew better to not  show their bewilderment. 

"Fine ,you earned the right to fight me , lets make this quick " Chu finally made the move .

She took five steps toward Lee . "Dont think I would be like those fools , who got too excited and got swept away", as she said that she concentrated some ki into her heels , that would give her a better grip so lee wont be able to push her out.

"Interesting someone who doesnt underestimate their opponents ", Lee thought. He frowned a little ,"this will be quick ", he said.

Not minding Lee's taunt Chu began concentrating her ki a deity shape began to form in front of her. "No joke thats a mystic level skill is she trying to kill him ", the city lord was stunned.

Back in the arena Lee also felt the changes in Ki ," a mystic grade skill at such a young age, i am suprised", the technique was charged up , "a mystic grade skill would be obviously faster than a human level skill Lee wont be able to dodge this ." Chu thought.

As she made a last glance at Lee before firing she couldnt find him there .

"Want to defeat me ? dont make me laugh" she heard his voice from behind , before she could even turn around Lee's sword hilt fell on the back of her head . With a soft thud she fell down unconcious.

 

2