12. A deal is made
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The second prodigy of the lake city too fell to Lee's unimaginable speed. Lee cleverly mixed his shadow flicker with the movement techniques to deceive his opponents. 

Seeing his class mate fall to Lee , Kenz Li came forward, without a single word uttered he rushed towards Lee . Seeing Lee fight Kenz was sure that Lee is formidable in long range , he can avoid all long range attacks with relative ease while he close the distance without  the opponent knowing. 

Seeing Kenz charge at him Lee jumped up and brought his sword down in an arc , a scythe shaped wind barrier flew toward Kenz , seeing the advancing martial art kenz slowed down a little .

"Raging ox " , he muttered an ox shape apparition rose from the palm of his hand and crashed on to the incoming moon wind. With Kenz on defensive Lee made his move , he quickly teleported behind Kenz and cut his body with his blade. 

Ting

The blade hit a metal like object. Kenz was unharmed , Lee was suprised until now all his opponents took him lightly and did  not bother defending themselves , but Kenz had condensed his spirit armor because he knew Lee would be attacking him!

"The armors that kid is wearing is a  spirit armor , they are valuable treasure and very rare , even I dont have one . What is that kids identity ? ", the city lord was surprised.

A normal armor needs to be worn under ones dress but the spirit armor is different ones u incorporate it with your body u can call upon it anytime and its wont visible until the wearer gets hit , once the a spirit armor is broken it cannot be repaired.

With the spirit armor on Kenz was not an easy opponent . Anyone below 2 star martial master wont be able to injure him.

"I got you", just as Lee took his sword back from Kenz's back , kenz sneered . Suddenly several ki swords covered Lee from all directions. Kenz was setting a trap all along , the ki swords were all sharp and only a few breaths away from Lee .

"Let me see how u dodge this ",  Lee's mind was rushing , should he flicker out or endure the blades ? Lee didnt want to expose his flicker skill although he showed it already for a viewer watching it , it can also be a fast movement technique but at this close range Lee's technique would draw attention . Lee made up his mind .

"Suppression off ", Lee's cultivation jumped to martial 3 star warrior . The ki blades that loomed over him all were smashed to pieces. 

"How can this be , you were hiding your cultivation even now ! what monster are you !!", Shock was  visible in Kenz face.

"You made me reveal my trump card ", Lee said in a rather domineering tone. He started walking toward Kenz Li , with every step he took Kenz face got wrinkled more and more . Suddenly Lee through a punch at him, the punch smashed on to Kenz 's spirit armor even though it withstood the power , the momentum was enough to sent Kenz flying . Lee did not give Kenz time to retaliate within a second Kenz was showered with 100s of punches. Kenz hit the ground making a huge crater , Lee walked towards him like a hunter , he placed his legs on him in order to kick him out of the arena .

"Young one could you stop",  a voice rang out on the stadium , the voice was coming from the clouds . "Little child, can u give this senior some face and forfeit this match ?", the voice rang again .

Lee was shocked regaining his posture he asked, "and who would this senior be ?"

"Young one I am an elder who was sent out to watch over the young master , it is necessary for the young master to win this tournament then only can he go to the blood road I didnt expect anyone to defeat him at this stage " the voice continued, "The young boy u just fought with is one of the young prince's of our kingdom and it is necessary for him to go to the blood road , so please forfeit this match".

Lee was stunned he was just  curious to know who the owner of the sound was but he was sure he would not give up his position but now since the identity of the person who he was just fighting came to the forefront no one dared to oppose the voice. Lee was no fool he knew when to stop and when to go , he slowly shook his head .

"Senior I would be more than happy to give away the first position , but why go through this whole process cant he just get a spot because he is a royal", Lee's question was on the mind of everyone , why would the prince of state need to fight such a lowly fight and why the hell is he studying in the lake city , it is too far away from the capital.

"Young one all the prince's of the dynasty leave their homes at the age of 10 , they would only return until they had some achievements of their own , only then they would be considered for the next heir ceremony ", he continued, " it is necessary to keep prince's identity safe and also make sure he dont get preferential treatment , so it is only logical for him to win a contest and get the ticket", the irony on the senior's sentence made Lee frown.

"Senior I understand but surely senior would have thought of a compensation for me ", Lee quipped. "Of course you can have all the rewards of the first ranked candidate expect the ticket and I would give you 100 thousand gold coins ", the senior said .

Lee laughed on hearing the reply , he said "senior gold coins are useless for a cultivator everyone know that ". The senior was  a little angry but he also saw sense in Lee's answer . The senior and Lee then went  a long negotiation spree with the elder giving Lee offer and he rejecting them , soon the senior became frustrated he understood that the young kid was not a push over , with his cunning mind and monstrous power he would become someone huge in the future.

The senior sighed he took out a key and threw it at the platform , it came down and lingered on the air , "Lee this is a key to a tomb of some sort , to whose tomb it is and where it is i am still not sure , I got it in a chance encounter I was planning on gifting it to the king but it seems like it is destined for you , if u put it up in an auction it would fetch u no less than a million gold".

"But senior even u dont know where to look for it then how am i supposed to find it ?", Lee was curious upon hearing about the key but his common sense made him hesitate .

"That would be your problem young man , remember that the blood road is a 10 year, event that means if u enter it at age of 12 you would only get at out as a 22 year old , so u can slowly take your time and find about the tomb in 10 years and it still will be your profit ", the elder said.

"Fine then ", Lee jumped up and grabbed the key ,"I forfeit ", with a standing ovation from the crowd Lee stepped out of the arena . Kenz who was sitting up with his injured body silently mouthed a thank you to Lee.

 

 

1