Chapter 24
237 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 24

Keenan was half-conscious although it won't take a long time for him to fully lost his consciousness together with his life. He was looking at the ceiling, his vision was darker now and he couldn't think straight. He felt like he was there yet not, his head was so groggy as if he took a shit ton of drugs. 

"Giirrr!!!"

While Keenan was slowly losing his strength, the Veloce appeared. Its arm was bent but it would return to normal after it consumed Keenan's flesh. In that last exchange where Keenan parried its attack, its arm bent because of that exchange. The monster glanced at its claw, it was shivering because of the knockback.

The Veloce slashed the hard invisible thing which caused its claw to weaken. After that, Keenan parried its attack that fully made the Veloce's arm bent.

But it didn't matter anymore, everything would return to normal after the monster ate this person. Its mouth started watering, its disgusting saliva fell, and landed on the floor. The monster lifted its arm to kill the barely breathing man.

………
……

"Ugh!"

Carson crashed into the ground. His face was bleeding like hell, almost as if he bathed in blood. He was facing a Forza that had a height of 2.5 meters. It had bulky arms and it was smashing everything it saw, the place around him was devastated and the landscape changed.

Carson didn't have a choice but to fight the monster so that his teammates won't die. He had to stay in this area to keep the other monsters from getting to them. It was dangerous but Carson didn't run away.

[Oi Carson! What are you doing, you promised that if a strong Nightmare came, you will run. You said that your life is important!]

His katana started screaming through telepathy. As partners, they had connections and could talk using this method. And right now, they were fighting this muscle-man creature.

Keenan was close to his limit too. His complete form had cracks and he was aching all over. He was in a state of being an object and his senses were connected to Carson. He knew that Carson was on his limit too and he was just pushing his body to move. They were already here for 7 hours and they spent all their time killing Nightmares. But out of no reason, this Forza just jumped up and attacked them(Carson).

"Haaaa, haaa..."

Carson was breathing hard, he raised his weapon and asked him an important question.

"What about you, Keenan? Will you run and escape alone while your friends are there believing that you are keeping their path open?"

Carson asked while his eyes were staring at the monster, his gaze was so sharp and never miss a thing. He was clenching his katana and getting ready for any attack.

[What kind of question is that? Of course, I will never leave them!]

"Hehe, yeah I already know your answer."

Keenan sighed and agreed with him.

[Yeah we are really partners.]

Carson chuckled and aimed his blade at the Forza, he planned to kill it.

" What do you think partner? Should we kill this Forza and get our revenge for putting us in a corner."

[Damn right! Hey, have you written your last will testament? Your sister will be sad if she found out that you're dead.]

"As if!"

Carson made a warcry and ran right straight to the monster. No fear could be seen in his eyes.

………
……

"Not yet!"

"!!!"

Keenan opened his golden gleaming eyes. He grabbed the N-cores and put them in his mouth. He didn't hesitate to crunch them and gulped them like soft food. This was now or never, a do or die moment!

"Then I accept to struggle. To live than accept my death!".

He used his second Skill. The Veloce's skin was tough and it had an Aura as protection. Keenan calculated everything in his mind.

[2nd Skill: Concentrate Draw: a one-hit technique focused on killing the enemy, makes the blade sharper to easily cut tough defense.]

Keenan sat up and grabbed the monster by its hand. He pulled the Veloce and welcomed it with his blade. Keenan stabbed the monster in the chest!

"Ghwwartrgghh!"

The Veloce cried and clawed Keenan on the face. Keenan's right eye was hit and he couldn't use it now. But he didn't care about it, he focused all his strength to end this. His face was painted with black blood as he gritted his teeth, he released all of his strength.

"Aaahhhhhhh!!!"

Keenan activated Concentrate Draw again.

He moved his blade and damaged the monster on the inside. The Veloce trembled as it felt that its organs burst. It lifted its arm to kill him now but it didn't know that Keenan had the same decision as him.

Keenan grinned and raised his hand just like what the monster did.

"Let's see if you can endure this!"

He snapped his fingers!

The monster was confused about why Keenan snapped his fingers. But before the Veloce could think, it realized that its abdomen started opening. A deep wound materialized and the Veloce further lost its strength. Black blood gushed out and even its mouth started puking blood.

Keenan didn't stop with just one attack. He pulled out the blade and tried to stab the monster again. But the Veloce was not stupid. After all the pain it felt, it was obvious that the monster won't let it happen again. The monster cried and released a concentrated Aura. The whole ship broke down and the debris flew all over the place.

This was the final card that the Veloce used so that he won't die. They both flew in the opposite direction but Keenan was at disadvantage. He was already in his last moment and he could not move his body, he lost his leg earlier.

He chuckled as his body landed on the ground. The stars were shining so beautifully like the smile of a certain girl. He did his best but it seemed like his best was not good enough.

The Veloce had two holes in its body but he could still move. The monster glared at him as black blood gushed out of its abdomen, it was eager to punish the bastard.

"Well, it's not that bad. I did have fun living."

He smiled while watching a unique star moving. He couldn't identify it because his mind was not working anymore. All he could see was that the star stopped right over him.

"Hehe, so UFO is actually true."

He joked like the comedian he is. 

13