Chapter 25
257 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 25

A woman landed on the ground and the ground cracked like a spider web. The woman had an eye patch on her left eye, her brown chestnut hair fluttered as she looked around. Her name was Captain Yora, she grinned as she found where the mobileship is. She sensed that a battle was happening. 

"Oh, looks like there's a Class-S around. My skin is tingling, fufu."

She giggled, she was having goosebumps because of the presence that was coming from the ship. She felt that a strong creature was there and it seemed like the monster was on a rampage. She could feel its hatred.

"How can a mere student do that? I'm interested how he make a Class-S furious."

Captain Yora knew that the distress signal came from a student. And right now, something was telling her that this student was unique.

'Fighting a Class-S Nightmare is dangerous but this man even made it angry, I'm curious what technique he did. Perhaps he's a long-range fighter.'

Her eyes glowed, she raised her hand and contacted Shana through the transmitter on her ear. She wanted to solo the fun.

 "Shana, I will go alone. I will deploy the others after securing the perimeter."

She lied, the real reason was that she wanted to solo this feast. 

She didn't want any person to distract her from slaughter. She was the type who don't hold back and the battlefield would turn into nothingness after she finished her job. Usually, she would let her mercenaries do the work but she was bored right now. She wanted to stretch her body and do some killing. And yes, the perfect creature was right here.

"Ah, so it's a Veloce this time.… Well, it's bad to be picky… Damn, at least give me a Higante to make me sweat."

She cracked her knuckles and started running. She covered her body with Aura. She did this so that her body would get reinforced and she could move faster and even her strength would multiply.

Captain Yora was a melee-type Handler despite being a Beast Handler. She didn't like that her partner(Shana) was the only one who fights. As a warmonger, she wanted to fight too, bare hands, with no weapon.

She jumped and her right eye glowed in the dark.

"Here I go!"

………
……

The Veloce shook its head, the damage it received was making it bleed but it could still move. And as a Class-S Nightmare, the Veloce had a strong regeneration. The holes in his body started to disappear. It gritted its teeth and slowly approach Keenan. The young man was in tatters, he was breathing but it was weak. His body was filled with bruises and it was apparent that he would die. His leg was severed and blood pumped out of his system.

"Girraahgh!!"

The Veloce growled, this person made him suffer. Despite being a weak human, he wounded him. The monster raised its arms, its claws were shining. The monster decided to end this now and savor the reward.

Its claws descended but something stopped the Veloce, or to be precise, someone stopped it.

"Hello!"

Captain Yora landed right on the monster. The Veloce was too late, it couldn't evade the woman. The Veloce tried to slash her leg but Yora just increased her Aura around her leg. The claws touched the leg but it didn't penetrate the thick Aura. The Veloce roared and put more strength in its arm but instead of slashing the woman, its arm broke.

"Guwwwaaahhh!!!"

"Ah, Veloce… tch, I thought it's a strong Nightmare but it's just a Veloce. Except for being fast, your species are weak."

Captain Yora said in disgust. She was hoping for a strong opponent but what she got was a limpid one-meter monster that was only good in speed. Their claws were sharp but the Veloce's strength was not enough to cut Captain Yora's skin. Her thick Aura was protecting her.

Captain Yora narrowed her eyes as she realized that the Veloce was bleeding, the monster has a hole and a long slash on its abdomen. She looked at the unconscious man lying on the floor, coughing blood.

'Hoh, not bad. To wound a Veloce, he must be strong or lucky, or maybe both, fufu.'

She lifted her fist and gathered Aura around it. Her tiny fist looked dangerous despite looking fragile.

"Okay, let's finish this."

*Bang!!!*

Captain Yora smashed the creature. The Veloce didn't have the time to escape, it was wounded and it couldn't move fast anymore. The Veloce took the smashed, the monster crashed into the floor.

"Kuwek!!"

Its body was stuck on the floor and was spurting black blood. In just one attack, the Veloce received massive damage. The monster's organs were ruptured, causing it to vomit a gallon of blood. The monster tried to struggle but after a few seconds, the monster lost its life.

In that attack, half of the mobileship was destroyed but Captain Yora made sure that Keenan won't get hurt. The rubble started to dissipate and the place became clearer again. Captain Yora bent and looked at the student.

She checked if Keenan is dead or not.

"Hm, he has multiple fractures, head injury and looks like he's gonna die."

She said nonchalantly, she witnessed the death of many people so she didn't flinch seeing another one. As a Nightbreaker,  her job is always close to death.

"Now, the question is… Should I help you or not?"

The young man fought a Class-S valiantly but the outcome was this. Well, he did it to live so it was understandable.

"And if I help you, what will I get? Oh?"

Much to her surprise, she realized that the student was moving his finger. He was conscious all the time.

Keenan pointed his finger at the pouch that was filled with N-cores. He didn't have a choice but to make it as payment. He didn't have anything except for it. He was 50% sure that most Nightbreakers would accept his offer. As for the other 50%, he was not sure if Captain Yora is one of those eccentric ones that had a crazy or strange way of thinking.

"Oh, so you want me to take it? Is that it?"

She smiled but her right eye was gleaming differently.

Keenan couldn't comprehend what she meant so he just nodded. He was too tired to think, even breathing was hard.

"Well… let me think… you don't look like a virgin hmmm. Nah, I'll just let you die. I can get these N-cores after you die anyway."

She stood and left him, she took the pouch. She put three N-cores in her mouth and chew them.

[Confirmed, Captain Yora is eccentric.]

13