Chapter 33
224 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 33

Keenan shuddered as he felt the atmosphere going down, he felt like strong vertigo hit his head and he almost fell down. He nearly lost his consciousness, the power that Captain Yora released was like a storm that blew him away.

He gulped the saliva that was stuck in his throat, he wanted to drink water right now because he might be dehydrated. This time Keenan was honestly anxious. Despite recently meeting Yora, he was confident that the woman had a short temper. It was obvious that Captain Yora was pissed. 

'Am I really that important? Perhaps I miscalculated. Maybe she wants something from me except my virginity.'

His back was sweating. Not everything would work according to the plan, sometimes some miscalculations and factors create problems. Right now, Captain Yora is a big factor, a big problem. 

"Don't worry, I will try to talk to her. If you explain to her everything, she might understand you… Although it depends if she let you go or not."

"What are the chances?"

"Dunno, 50/50."

Shana shrugged, she was quite entertained as she watched the scene unfold. She was happy to see Yora pissed. Still, she won't let Keenan die, she was interested.

Yora always uses her fists when she wanted to solve a problem. Shana is the only one who could talk to her when she is angry. Captain Yora listened to her… Well, not most of the time.

"Just to make sure, you won't betray me right?"

Keenan narrowed his eyes, although his face was covered with buckets of sweat. Even his clothes were wet now. Yora's power was looming all over the ship and it was hard to breathe. Keenan is just a Class-B and he couldn't withstand continuous pressure like this. 

"It depends. You don't have a choice anyway."

Shana smirked looking at him. She was asking Keenan if he has something to pay for her. 

'This woman! I shouldn't have easily believed her. She is the partner of that Captain so of course, they have similarities. They are both sly!'

Keenan gritted his teeth. Now he knew that he wasn't the only actor here. 

'No in the first place, she didn't really trust me. She thinks my story interesting and amusing but it didn't assure that she will help me.' 

It was already enough that Shana intended to help him. 

"I… I have nothing… I can't give you money or anything, even my N-cores are stolen from me, I mean Captain Yora took them"

Keenan honestly said. He was just an ordinary student, and he didn't come from a prestigious clan. He couldn't promise anything to her. 

"Oh, I know about the N-cores… Yora gave me half…"

"…"

Shana shamelessly smiled. 

"Then am I already clear? I already pay you through the N-cores."

Keenan innocently asked but he was trying to be sly too. 

"Oh my, my, my. What a naughty man. Okay, let's do it like this. When you return to Thera I want you to contact-"

Bang!!

Before Shana could complete her sentence, the door was ripped apart and flew across the room. Only one person could destroy a thick metal without any sweat. Captain Yora smiled as she looked at them but her right eye was not happy at all. It was shining dangerously. It would be more frightening if her left eye was opened. 

"Hoh, what are y'all doing here?"

Her eyes traveled to Keenan then moved to Shana back and forth. Shana didn't budge, she was not afraid. She looked at Keenan and tapped his head affectionately which caused Keenan to twitch and Captain Yora to be furious.

"Shana are you angry because I didn't let you join the fun and just let you watch instead last time. But I thought you're into voyeur?"

"Hm? What do you mean? I know that you like to show your conquest before me so I'm already numb about that. And don't try to make stories that I'm into a voyeur, I'm a normal person. I'm not like you who's into exhibitionism."

Shana shot back. 

Keenan who listened to them remained quiet. In fact, he couldn't move at all, he was even afraid to blink. He felt like he would die if he moved. The atmosphere around him was suffocating and breathing was impossible at all. 

'Kuck!! So this is the power of High-Class Nightbreakers. This is different, much different from any jobs that I did in the past!'

Now, Keenan acknowledged that most of what he experienced was nothing here. People in this world are more powerful than any martial artist and assassin that he fought. 

"Yora, I am a beast and you know that."

Shana grinned and looked directly into her Handler's eye. Captain Yora is strong but Shana is a Bestia. She is a creature born to fight, her existence is solely for the battlefield. If they fight, Shana would definitely win. She is a special existence that couldn't be killed. 

Shana and Yora continue their staring contest until Yora decided to end it. Captain Yora sighed and the suffocating feeling vanished in a second. She was a Handler, Shana's Handler, she knew that she couldn't fight this woman in a battle. Shana had a cheat that no one could do. 

She released her anger and the deadly atmosphere turned down. Keenan could breathe now. 

As for Shana, she smiled cutely. She was gorgeous, to begin with. 

"Thanks, Yora!!"

She giggled and Yora just shook her head.

"And? So what's the gist here? Did you stole this man from me or what?"

"Oh about that. I'll let this man talk to you."

Shana looked at him and urged him to explain. 

"Don't worry, you will not die. I won't let it happen."

She assured Keenan. Keenan who saw the sincerity in her eyes nodded and calmed his jumping heart. He closed his eyes for a second and opened them after. 

"I want to protect my virginity."

Just like earlier, Keenan said everything. It was stupid if he lied, it was better to be honest here. These people are sharp so they could easily sense if he tried to lie. 

It took five minutes to complete the explanation.

"… So you're saying you're doing this because of a stupid reason?"

"Pfft-"

Shana couldn't control it and burst out laughing. Captain Yora is a savage and didn't hesitate to roast Keenan. 

"That's it?"

Keenan nodded while Yora was looking at him intently, as for Shana, she was still laughing. His appearance was embarrassing, he almost puked blood as Yora ridiculed him with her glare alone. This woman is definitely an S.

10