Chapter 37
371 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 37

"So it seems like luck is the major part why you survived in that wasteland…"

Shana concluded after asking questions related to his Katana. And of course, Keenan didn't lie about anything, he was really average if you subtract the hidden power he has.

Shana was hiding her disappointment, she thought that Keenan had a powerful Skill to fend off against the Nightmares. However, it looked like he only had luck on his side. His Double-Cut and Concentrated Draw were mediocre at best. 

Keenan just nodded and showed a pain expression, he was hurt by Shana's indirect way of telling that he was weak. 

"Well, I guess luck is important."

She shrugged and decided to stand up, she slightly lost her interest. She drunk the wine and licked her lips. She glanced at Keenan before deciding to leave. 

"I recommend you to take a shower and sleep for now… I hate to tell you this but Yora will definitely give you hard time so please rest. Oh, about the food, I just called the workers and they will deliver it to you. This is our payment because you give us your approval of taking the scraps of your mobile ship."

'No, I didn't give them to you. I don't even have a choice regarding that… Damn, the ship is from Devon's family and they will definitely ask me about it, never mind… I know that they are more devastated if I tell them about Devon's death. Furthermore, your Captain is going to assault me if I don't agree...'

Keenan remained expressionless. Still, he was actually anxious about Yora's movement. His instincts were telling him that she is dangerous. 

"See ya!"

Shana closed the door and left him. Keenan who was left alone in the room sighed in relief. For the whole time of interrogation, Keenan did his best and act naturally. It was great that he knew how to deceive lie detectors and he was good at controlling his face. Although, some of the emotions he showed were true. Keenan was devastated by the death of all his teammates. 

He felt the burden and didn't know how to face their families, this was going to be hard even for him. 

"All I have to do is to be tough and faced them with dignity… I'm happy that I'm still a human."

Keenan smiled as he shook his head. He was kind of happy that his current life had heart compared to his past life. He was heartless and doesn't hesitate to kill. However, Keenan right now had feelings for the people around him. Especially for the certain girl from his childhood. 

A moment later, the food arrived. Keenan couldn't control his mouth from salivating. This is heaven, he said. The food before him was quite humble but for a person like him who didn't eat anything for around two weeks, this was the best food he could ever have. 

"There is fried eggs, soup, and beef jerky!"

He screamed and started gobbling up the food. He chomped them until the food slowly disappeared from his plates. He finished in just five minutes, Keenan drunk a glass of water and burped. He was full and satisfied. Now, he felt blessed that he was alive. He saw the grace of his hardship. 

"Nothing beats food when you're hungry."

He tapped his stomach and chuckled, he burped with satisfaction. Then, he looked around the room and decided to settle on the sofa. Although before that, Keenan checked the door and tried to open it. 

"As expected, it won't budge. The door can be only open outside and Yora and Shana are the only ones who can open it inside. In short, I can only leave if one of them lets me."

Now that Keenan was in a safe place, his body started to relax and lowered its defense. Keenan yawned and understood that he needed some rest. 

Bath? Nah, Keenan intentionally didn't take a bath. He wanted to stay smelly, perhaps you know the reason why he didn't want to take a bath.

He leaned his body on the sofa and closed his eyes. He erased every disturbing thought in his mind. For now, he wanted to rest, a peaceful rest after two weeks in the wilderness. 

………
……

In a certain place in the ship.

Shana who was a bit tipsy because of drinking wine checked their database, she was typing as her eyes focused on the monitor. Based on what she knew, they have data about the students from the North Bridge N-Acadamy although it was from two years ago. 

'It doesn't matter, if he's not lying then his name is the database.'

Shana checked and searched his name, all of the things related to Keenan two years ago showed up on the screen. Shana read them meticulously and acknowledge that Keenan didn't lie at all. 

"Keenan Corragio, an orphan. Born on January 6, blah blah blah. Oh, he participated in a Forceful Awakening Project. Yikes, that is painful, I know that it's not dangerous but the pain you have to endure is not mild. Is he crazy? What is the reason why he's so desperate to become a Nightbreaker?"

Shana yelled at the monitor, yet no one answered her questions at all. She was quite shocked that someone with a right mind would participate in Forceful Awakening. Why did Keenan do that? The only one who could answer it was the person in question, Keenan Corragio.

She was certainly stunned to learn that he went to Forceful Awakening. This project was funded to make more Arma and Bestia through the scientific way. It was safe and no harm to the physical body, however, the pain they have to endure was enormous. And most of the people who participated backed out or gained mental illness. 

"I'm right, that man is crazy. Who in their right mind would do that?"

She couldn't believe it at all. Shana was one of the people who was naturally born a human with the talent of being a Bestia. She awakened her power when she was 11 and started going to a regime in a Nightbreaker specialized Academy. There, she met Yora who has high compatibility with her. 

Since then, the two made a contract and became partners. They spent most of their lives together, being weak to being strong, they trudged that path together. That's why Shana and Yora knew each other super deeply, they knew the likes and dislikes. They treated each other as family, perhaps their bond was stronger than a family that even Dominic Torreto would applaud. 

11