Chapter 45
176 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kabanata 45

In the village, few monsters sensed the looming danger. They raised their heads and looked where the presence came from. Then, they gradually saw a silhouette of a star flying towards them. As the silhouette became closer, they realized that it was not a star but a Bestia, a human who could transform into a beast. It was their mortal enemies, the Nightbreakers. 

"Crahh!!"

The village full of Veloce started screaming and alarming their species. An enemy was coming and they had to prepare, the aura that the Phoenix was releasing was powerful and they knew that this battle was going to be hard. 

Suddenly, a roar caused all of the Veloce to flinch. 

The leader of the village raised his head, he's a Veloce but his appearance is different from a normal one. He had a unique golden symbol on his chest like roots crawling on his shoulder and abdomen. The leader of the village is a Class-SSS Veloce, only one step and he will reach the stage of DemiGod. 

The Class-SSS Veloce growled, he was surprised that someone found their location. The wilderness is so vast and their village is hidden. However, he scoffed at their stupidity. The enemies planned to fight them in the nighttime where all of the Veloce are wide awake. It was the most outrageous thing he experienced. It was stupidity itself, they were asking for death and the village would give them death, or so they thought. 

Perhaps they believed that they have a chance to win, the leader shook his head believing that the enemies were stupid. He raised his arm and commanded his people to attack the enemies.

"Graaahhh!!!!"

"Ggirrrrraaaghhhhh!!!"

They roared and ran towards Shana, she could fly but Veloce had ways to kill her. The village has a lot of Class-S and Class-SS, they were smart and could think clearly. They commanded the weaker ones on how to kill her. 

The weaker Veloce followed them and started throwing rocks, it was a rough idea but it was effective. Especially the Class-C and higher monsters, they were stronger so their throws reached longer and hit Shana. However, the rocks they threw only passed through Shana, she was not hurt nor damage. As if she is fire and not a creature, the physical attacks didn't affect her. The only thing that could hurt her is attacks filled with Aura. 

Shana roared and cast her Skill, she flapped her wings, and rain of fire descended and showered the Veloce. Their skins were burned as they cried, even their village which was made of rocks were burned. It didn't discriminate and burned everything it touched. 

The Veloce were writhing in pain and rolling on the ground, their skins were roasted and even their fleshes cooked. It was agonizing to see them screaming on the ground while the whole village was burning as if they are in hell. In just one attack, the whole village was in turmoil. 

Yet, the battle was just starting. The leader sensed that another powerful person was coming. As expected, a Bestia won't appear with the approval of her Handler. 

People started falling into the burning village, the mercenaries diminished since half of them turned into Arma and Bestia. However, despite having a minuscule number compared to the Veloce, the mercenaries were not afraid. They landed and started their massacre. 

They raised their weapons and slaughter the Veloce around them. As for the Bestia, their animalistic side showed and rampage. They mercilessly killed any Veloce they could see. Despite being in the middle of a horde of Veloce, they were not afraid. Because they knew that their Captain was always protecting their backs. 

Captain Yora grabbed the head of a Class-S and tore it off, black blood gushed out spurting on her cheek. Captain Yora was grinning as if she was a demon incarcerate. The blood on her body made her look like a demon, or perhaps she's a real demon. 

The image of Yora killing monsters using her bare hands looked majestic and terrifying at the same time. Then, she raised her head and sensed that something fast was running towards her. 

"Hoh, so you plan to fight me instead of attacking Shana? As expected of a Class-SSS, you know that you have a higher chance of winning against me than fight Shana who's stronger in the sky."

Captain Yora was amazed, the leader of the village knew that Captain Yora is the head of this team. If she died, then the chain of command would crumble. The Class-SSS that was hiding appeared behind her and raised his Aura-filled claws, he swung his claws but instead of hearing a flesh being torn, his claws were thwarted by the thick Aura that Captain Yora released. 

Captain Yora and Shana started at the bottom, they were weak and continued their advancement until they reached their current state. The heavy factor why they became stronger was because of their talents.

Shana is categorized as limitless, which means that she could reach the highest peak that few people could reach, the God-Class. Shana didn't have a boundary and as long as she eats N-cores and fights monsters, she will slowly become an uncomparable Bestia. 

As for Captain Yora, she was just a weak woman who has high resonance with Shana. This was the only reason why she became Shana's Handler, Shana's evolution greatly depends on her Handler. That's why Captain Yora became her partner, to push her to the highest possible stage, to become a God. 

However, when Yora and Shana became Class-S, Yora started to bloom. She realized that she has a talent for controlling her Aura. In fact, no one could ever replicate her technique, the unbreakable defense. Yora uses her thick Aura as a barrier. Only God-Class could hurt her physically. As long as Yora has her Aura, no one could defeat her. 

Yora grinned and turned around, she stared at the Class-SSS monster that was shaking his arm because of the impact. His arm was shivering, he felt like he swung his claws to a concrete wall. 

"Hoh, it seems like you are stronger than an ordinary Class-SSS. The Imprints on your chest signifies that you have a unique power, a Kakaiba, huh. Fufu, this is going to be fun. It's a blessing that I decided to hunt your village, now I have someone to fight with."

Captain Yora cracked her knuckles, her body was releasing a thick Aura that made the Class-SSS Veloce shivered.

7