Chapter 1
469 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi, my name is Samantha. I'm 19 and up until yesterday my life was completely normal. 

It all started when I was walking home from the   Convenience store in town. I'd gone for a quick jog to meet up with my friends, Ava and Grace. We'd had some soda, talked for a bit then split up to go back to our homes as we did everyday. 

It was fun and got me out of the house, away from my religious nut of a step mother. As I was walking home the sky darkened, droplets of thick blood started to fall from above. It startled me at first, seeing my clothes being stained red, I started running wanting to get inside quickly. 

Suddenly I stopped, my eyes widening in terror. Dark skeletal figures surrounded by mist begin to rise from the ground. At the same time glowing orbs of light shot down from the sky above. The mist covered figures begin to shriek, making an earpiercing distorted sound as the orbs grew closer. 

I was sort of frozen, getting soaked by the blood raining from above and watching this terrifying display of supernatural fold out in front of me. As the glowing orbs begin to take on a more solid form, they started to resemble angels. 

Some holding bright swords lit ablaze and others circling the mist covered skeletons with their giant feathered wings on full display.  They stared at each other, almost at a stand-off if you were looking at it from my perspective. The angels looked up and rising from the earth were hundreds of thousands of bodies, glowing completely white. 

A chill traveled up my spine. I knew what this was. My step mother preached about it all the time. As the last of the bodies rose above the clouds, the angels looked back at the mist covered figures, they begin to screech as flesh flooded their bodies, most being disgustingly disfigured. 

Some growing large scythes as arms, others forming pointed Spears and razor sharp claws for fingers. They had huge mandibles and no eyes, their dusky skin stretching over most of their face except the mouth. Their arms were disproportionate, some stretching to the ground and others not even reaching their midsection. Below the neck there was no skin, no flesh, just charred bones and midnight black organs hanging out of an empty ribcage. 

The sight before me made me hurl all over the pavement. 

The glowing angels flew towards the hideous creatures forming in front of me. The two entities begin to fight, seeming to be an almost even match for each other. Flesh was cut, bones were broken, bodies dismembered. A few angels crashed to the ground, their wings ripped from their bodies as the disgusting monsters tore apart their flesh, bit into their necks, ripping out pieces of skin with their buglike jaws. 

As the light begin to fade from one of the angels, his wings turned a dark shade of red and black. He turned his head towards me. His bright eyes darkening as his right iris faded to a deep midnight, the left becoming blood red. He locked eyes with me then smiled, his body fading till he resembled a black and red orb. 

As the battle drew to an end, the angels rose to the sky. A bolt of lightning struck the earth as the last one vanished into the thick dark mist. The remaining creatures faded into the wind, their shrieking cries growing more and more silent. I stood there, mouth agape before I broke down crying. 

The blood pouring from above was soon replaced with regular rain, although the clouds remained dark. The wind didn't let up at all. And the creatures cries could still be heard. As I begin to panic, that glowing red and black orb appeared in front of me. I stared at it for a few seconds before it suddenly flew straight towards my chest. A strange, warm sensation filled my body as the orbs energy filled me. My vision begin to fade and the last thing I remember was running home in the pouring rain before my body collapsed in my driveway. 

16