Chapter 8
113 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ava's pov:

It was about midday when I awoke, Samantha was already up and sitting on a nearby stump putting wood for a fire together. I laid there sleepily for several minutes before the voice in my head begin speaking. ‘Enough time has been wasted. Let me speak to archangel Michael.’ I groaned and relayed the message to Samantha. She raised an eyebrow and reached out to touch my hand. 

“Michael says Abbadon can communicate with him directly when we touch,” Samantha said hesitantly. I nodded and sat there holding Samantha's hand, a deep blush spreading across my face. Eventually, the two entities inside us finished their conversation and relayed their plans to both of us. 

I heard Abbadon begin to speak to me, ‘you both must travel to New York City, hidden inside the crown of the statue of liberty there is a very important gem, retrieve it and I will give you your next set of instructions.’ I sighed and let out a frustrated groan. “He wants us to travel to New York,” I told Samantha. 

She nodded before replying “I know, Michael told me the same thing.” I sighed again. “How the hell are we supposed to get from South Carolina to New York City on foot!? This is ridiculous!” I half-shouted, stomping my foot. Samantha grimaced before responding, “Michael says he can fly us there? If I let him take over.” she said sheepishly. 

I raised an eyebrow at her. “Take over? No that doesn't sound safe, what if he just takes control of your body forever? We know nothing about these beings inside us. I mean look what they did to our bodies?! I don't trust them.” all the stress and anger I'd been keeping to myself finally bubbled up and the floodgates broke, before I knew what I was doing I was screaming and shouting at Samantha and the two devils that put us in this situation.  

Samantha stared at the ground, looking like she was about to cry, and quietly said “sorry. It was just a suggestion.” I instantly felt horrible for yelling at her and losing my temper. I walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder, she looked at me sheepishly and I noticed her tail was wrapped tightly around her waist. I sighed before speaking in a soft voice. “I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you..” she looked away from me and shrugged “it's okay Ava.. I know you're stressed, I am too,” she said quietly. 

She stood up from the stump she was sitting on then wrapped me in a gentle hug, I looked up at her and relaxed as I felt the tension melt away. She looked down at me and smiled, “We’ll figure this out okay? Maybe we can find a working car?” I nodded and sighed as she released me from her embrace. She looked over at the little pile of wood she'd been building then suddenly her eyes lit up and flames burst forth engulfing the wood. 

She smiled and looked at me, “Hey cheer up, at least we'll be warm now right?” I nodded and decided to sit near the fire, warming my hands up from the chilly morning air. Once I was comfortable I grabbed one of our bags and started going through the contents and organizing what was left of our rations. 

I frowned and looked up at Samantha, “we only have two weeks of food left..” she nodded and sat down beside me. “It’s okay, we'll figure something out on the way.” I leaned against her shoulder and closed my eyes sighing, “I guess we better get going soon?” I said. Samantha nodded and stood up, “I’ll get everything packed up, you just relax and maybe eat breakfast, we've got a long journey ahead of us.” 

“Okay,” I said quietly still slightly upset at the ridiculous situation we were in. My entire happy little life had been turned upside 

Down, I'd lost my entire family, everything I cared about, my girlfriend was gone, My body was strange and foreign to me and worst of all things just kept getting more and more complicated.

5