Chapter 2
73 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days later, Xiao An finds another group of movers in the community. He pauses and watches them, then glances in the direction they're coming from. As soon as he sees the house they're working at his face grows pale and his fists clench by his side. These movers are clearly loading their trucks to go somewhere else rather than unloading in this neighborhood. 

Several moments later a familiar tall, broad-shouldered man makes his way out of the building confirming Xiao An's worst expectations. The man waves to the movers, directing them in what to move. Suddenly, he catches sight of Xiao An standing off to the side. Immediately, the man sharply turns away and continues directing the movers.

Xiao An stoicly watches, the only sign of his inner turmoil are his fists clenching tighter and tighter until the faint scent of blood can be detected where his sharp nails have pierced into his palms. Xiao An remains there until the movers have loaded the truck and started to head out. Finally, once it's become dark out, he takes a deep breath and turns to head back into the house, a steely determination visible in his gaze. 

The next morning a crowd has formed outside the nation's most well-known entertainment company's headquarters. At the center of the crowd stands a beautiful boy. He holds a violin in his hands, his nimble fingers clutching the bow almost reverentially, his eyes half-closed in ecstasy as he softly plays a little ditty. The way he runs the bows across the string, it's like the caress of a lover: feather-soft yet so, so sweet. 

The surrounding crowd whispers. Some comment about how the boy is a well-known idol, others remark over his choice of a violin rather than an electric guitar which he is better known for. But as the boy starts to play, even if it's simply a common ditty, the voices slowly die down as people become enchanted by his sound.

A few moments later, a  dark Tesla pulls up to the building and a certain tall, broad-shouldered man gets out. Seeing the crowd, he furrows his brows but upon hearing the violin he freezes, stock still. He approaches a few steps and sees the familiar boy in the center. Despite his best efforts to urge himself away, the man stands there unable to move his eyes away from the boy with the violin. 

It's not him, it's not. Finally, just as the man is about to grit his teeth and force himself away, the boy's eyes flicker open...and meet the man's gaze. Immediately, a soft smile blooms across his face, just like a vibrant lotus. The man visibly flinches as if struck. The violin music changes from the ditty to another piece, softer, smoother, more languid, and romantic. 

This is...The tall man closes his eyes, his mind involuntarily flashing back to the image of himself and the boy, younger yet in the same positions: one holding a violin while the other standing a distance away, watching.

"It's for you brother."

"What is it?"

"It's a piece I wrote, "Te Amo". I love you.

In the flashback the man feels his heart flutter just as he feels his heart flutter once again so many years later. He looks at the boy, pouring out his love to him, just like all those years ago...Could it be him? Is he really back? The man wonders. Yet he's older and too exhausted to handle another disappointment. Therefore, he forcefully tears his eyes away from the boy and turns to walk into the entertainment building at the side. Xiao An's eyes flicker open and he watches the man retreat back, even as his fingers continue to flit over the violin. Despite the failure, his gaze is steely and determined.

The next couple of weeks are a repeat of that event. At one point reporters flock around the building however, after the broad-shouldered man sends out a bunch of burly bodyguards, they stop doing so. Seeing the bodyguards, Xiao An flashes a smile at the taller man who turns away from him however, the faint pink in his earlobes betrays his true feelings. So the pattern continues. Each morning Xiao An plays his violin outside the building and each morning the taller man stands there longer and longer until one morning he finally remains until Xiao An finishes playing three hours later. The crowd disperses and finally, Xiao An and the man are left alone, facing each other as people bustle to and fro around them. 

"You..." the man starts.

"Brother?" Xiao An asks with a soft smile.

The man takes a deep breath and steels his heart. He knows that if he's disappointed now, he may never be able to recover again.

"Are you...really my Xiao An?"

Instead of responding, Xiao An opens his mouth and starts to sing. The tune is sweet yet melancholy, there's an underlying darkness to it even while it's a message of hope, a message that only two people in the world can understand. Upon hearing it the tall man bursts into tears, the droplets trailing down his face. Yet, he doesn't notice, his eyes fixed on the boy. 

"Xiao An, you really are my Xiao An!" Within less than a second, the man strides over to the boy and envelops him in his larger frame. He bends down and presses his lips to the younger man's, almost piously. Well, it starts that way however, within less than a second the kiss has become hot and molten, a battle of lips teeth and tongue. That kiss, in full view of the public, in front of one of the most well-known areas of the city is on the front page of the tabloids the next morning but that's another matter. 

A few days later in a familiar neighborhood...

"Hey, didn't this guy just move out of this neighborhood? Now he's going back?" A familiar mover asks, unloading boxes.

"Yeah, and before that the other guy just moved in." His colleague responds.

"Oh yeah, the cute one."

"Don't let the other guy catch you saying that."

"Why?"

"Don't you see? They're moving into the same house now, they're clearly together!"

"Damn...so one moved into the neighborhood and the other moved out. Now, the other guy is moving back in, except to the first guy's house? Wow."

"Right? I figure a lover's spat. I will never understand the world of the rich." The two shake their heads and return to their job. 

2