Chapter 3
62 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Have a nice day at work brother!" A sweet, cheery voice sounds from within the house.

"Haven't you forgotten something?"

"What?"

"My goodbye kiss?"

Several moments later, one goodbye kiss has turned into two bodies entwined around each other unwilling to part. 

"You're...ah..going to be...mmm...late...ah..."

"So what?"

"Ah~" 

"Let's move things to the bed...shall we?" 

In the end, he was late: a usual occurrence since the two had started living together. So, it was simply just another morning of the cringe-worthy couple spreading sugar to all of us single dogs. However, something was different this morning since, instead of immediately locking himself in his music room after his hubby left, Xiao An left the house. Today, he is canceling his contract with the company. Naturally, his hubby would have wanted to come with him however Xiao An believes that certain things have to be done alone.

Casually padding along the street, Xiao An half closes his eyes as he hums a tune that just came to him. In this moment of inattention, a hand suddenly jerks out of a nearby alleyway and yanks him in. Xiao An is pressed up against the brick wall of the alleyway and he flinches as a sharp point digs into his back. It hurts...

Looking up, the first thing he sees is a mane of shockingly green hair along with a pale face covered in green eye shadow and other splotches of makeup. Is that supposed to look cool? How gaudy...Xiao An thinks, eyeing the face disdainfully.

"What are you looking at?" The green haired young man demands. But his high, childish sounding voice doesn't sound quite as threatening as he seems to be trying to go for.

"You."

The man clearly misunderstands because the hostility in his gaze slightly abates. "Hmph, at least you have taste. But don't think I'll let you off the hook. You're clearly not him. Where is he?"

Xiao An blinks. "Who?"

"Xiao An!"

"I am Xiao An."

"No, not you! The other one. The one who came here with me!"

"What?" But the green haired boy doesn't hear him, still muttering to himself. "We transmigrated here together to fulfill our dreams of forming a band but now I don't know where he's gone and..."

"Can you let me go, please? You're hurting me." Xiao An interrupts his monologue. Looking up, the boy's eyes widen as his gaze falls on the teary eyed Xiao An (his eyes are tearing up because it's his body's physiological reaction to the pain). 

"I don't know what you're doing but...this hurts." The last two words are spoken with a soft voice, akin to the pitiful mewling of a kitten. Involuntarily, the green haired boy blushes letting go of Xiao An and backing away, only now realizing his hooliganism. Xiao An takes this moment to slip out of the alley and quickly merge with the crowd walking by. 

As he strides away, he pulls out his cell phone and makes a quick call. "Hello? Hubby, someone accosted me-" For a second Xiao An freezes as a fierce pain flashes through his head. In response, he grits his teeth and digs his nails into his palms, his eyes icy cold. For a moment, his gaze flashes with some internal struggle and he shuts his eyelids. Gritting his teeth he speaks quietly.

"If you dare to cause trouble, your friend will die." The pain stops. Xiao An opens his eyes, the calm restored within his peaceful orbs.

"Hello? Hello?! Xiao An what's going on-"

"Nevermind hubby! It was just a fan!"

"But you said accosted-"

"Oh did I? I misspoke! Anyway, see you soon hubby, mwah!" With that, Xiao An turns off the phone with a click. Then he lowers his eye lids and speaks.

"Remember this, you came into my body and took over my life. Now, I'm simply taking it all back. I'll leave your friend be for now but if either you or he makes trouble..." Xiao An speaks in a terrifyingly icy voice, "I will end you."

We always read about transmigrators going into other people's bodies, taking over their lives, and doing a better job of it. But what about the original soul themselves? If you liked this story and you'd like another similarly themed one, please read my short story in the BL Palace's BL short story anthology "Trick or Treat!". I have two short stories in it. The first one - "Water and Oil" - is fluffy, warm, and has come out. The second one - "Carnivorous Carnation" has yet to come out but it's very similar in theme to this story. If you like BL short stories and you'd like to check out some amazing BLs by some awesome SH authors, please check the anthology out!

2