Aether and Nox. (Kind of a bonus chapter?)
188 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aether and Nox. - the twins of light and darkness.
--------

"Say sister dearest, have mom ever in the past denied our calls to come to her?"

Aether said with a frown.

"I don't believe so, but don't you feel the connection to our new sister, there is something else in the connection but it is clear that she is kin."

Nox replied, before she once again tried to send a call to be allowed into their moms pocket universe, they could easily feel it was there but without Chaos, acceptance was like hitting a hard wall as they would need to break through the barrier even if they knew where to go.

"I can't believe mom would prevent us from seeing our new baby sister, what in the 7 realms could she be afraid of?" Aether exclaimed and continued to complain.

"Calm down Aether, if you pay attention is our new sister a bit different, and mom wouldn't make use of the pocket universe without a reason, maybe she just needs time alone before she accepts us into her..."

before Nox could finish her sentence they felt the air stir.

"It's not like you to be so persistent" Chaos could be heard behind them.

both twins turned around and ran over and hugged Chaos.

"Oh now you want to hug, I believe it was only a decade ago you told me you had grown too old to be cuddled?"

"We might be old and grownup, but we never grow too old for hugs, besides it's not our fault we are trapped as we are right now."

Chaos frowned.

"Well you know how the fairies hate the adult form and you were the ones who got trapped to look like 16 old humans in the deal with them to let some of the Fay become your familiars, you're honestly lucky that you didn't end up even younger looking"

"True, we should have read the fine print when it came to making deals with the fay, illusion magic we gained from it still helps and it's only you who would be able to tell we don't quite look as adult as we ought to, our dear new little sister would never notice so it's not a problem!" Nox replied with a smile.

Chaos gave them a massive smirk
"Oh keep believing that little ones"

Both Nox and Aether gave a gasp and exclaimed in unison "You don't mean she...."

Chaos smiled and replied matter of factly
"Yes that's exactly what I mean, she does however not realize it yet"

there is a reason I came to you before you saw her in person and that's because I simply didn't want you to shout anything stupid that she doesn't need to know yet.

she already mastered the ability to adapt to higher frequencies and up to the 4th tier already and we don't even know if she can go higher because we simply haven't tried.

Both twins immediately looked at Chaos like she had grown a second head.
"That's a good joke mom, I know I slack but it's not like we are that lazy!"
Aether said with a voice full of indignation.

Chaos gave the twins an exhausted look.
"She managed 4th tier with my guidance and supplementing her a bit of power in the mindspace, before she merged with her seed, due to unexpected circumstances she then collapsed and after waking up when she finally merged with her seed, she was applying 4th tier frequency on the physical realm, at this rate Chronos is going to go out of his skin of jealousy"

Chaos decided it was likely best to simply let them experience Kira themselves, so she prepared a bunch of memories, starting with the one where Kira had been smaller before her seed had merged and was hiding behind her own tail, to the memory of seeing her eyes and lastly the memory of Kira doing a backflip looking all surprised before the memory of just how quickly she had adapted to changing her frequencies and just how fast she had caught on to the ability of sensing and observing multiple frequencies.

finally, for good measure she did the same she had done for Hephaestus and added herself and Inari behind the most recent picture of Kira for the added effect, once the memory collection was complete she called the twins over.

"Like I said I believe it's better you see this for yourself instead of me trying to explain"

Chaos said and provided them both with her memory compilation.
Both Aether and Nox went through a wide array of emotions, shock, disbelief, surprise, and happiness.
After the memories had finished, both twins sat in complete silence just digesting what they saw.

"Did you know Hephaestus was worried you would lash out at Kira in jealousy?" Chaos quickly added
"I did of course tell him immediately that you would be incapable of doing anything but adore your new baby sister"

Nox was the first one to regain her senses and replied.
"How could we not adore her, after what you've shown us, especially when she was hiding behind her tail, not to mention her complete baffled expression after she did a backflip, she is completely adorable, that said

I would be lying and I think I can speak for both of us if I said I wasn't a bit jealous she managed to inherit your true traits unchanged, but that is not something either you or she can control so it is what it is...

what I worry about is, are you sure it's a good idea to leave her unattended in the new realm, she doesn't have a true grasp of her own abilities and she is already this powerful?"

Aether chimed in before Chaos could answer.
"Sister dearest why must you always look at everything from such a gloomy perspective, your element might be the darkness but that really doesn't mean you need to make it a lifestyle as well!

It's simple really, why Don't we just join her and make sure nothing happens and teach her when she needs to be taught, we know mom's abilities better than anyone!"

Chaos smiled at both twins, doesn't matter how old they got they never change she thought to herself.

"I was actually meaning to ask exactly that of you, we don't quite want Kira to gain the attention she is bound to attract before she has gained some more experience, and Both Inari and I will likely get very busy with coming up with explanations to why her shrine ended up in my pocket realm, we are publicly going to play it off like we got into a minor squabble and will then under the guise of gearing up for a bigger fight go recruit allies ahead of time before Kira is discovered."

Nox pondered for a bit before giving a frown

"I don't think that is an unwise idea, and I take it you're basically tasking us with keeping an eye out and both helping Kira, but also try to help avoiding she gets discovered.
Didn't you just say she is capable of entering a stage 4 frequency in the physical realm
I like the faith you have in us but isn't that just asking a bit much?"

Chaos beamed a massive smile in response.

"Well you're my adorable daughters if anyone can do it would it be you, also I already told her that if she went over the grade the pseudo version the humans can use that she wasn't allowed to move around, she could use it if she needed to speak with inari or I through the link, and probably also you two, or if she simply needed to think but under no circumstances was she to move while using over a certain frequency.

She is indeed very young, but she is also extremely smart and she takes after Inari herself in that aspect"

The twins both shuddered, they knew just how smart Inari was, and had watched a few instances of their mom and Inari play fighting to think that  Kira had both of their true traits would make her quite a handful.

"Come on sis, it will be fun besides it's been extremely boring to just move around without any aim for the past 2000 years like even our familiars have been complaining about getting bored regardless of what toys we find to bribe them with" Aether chimed in.

Chaos frowned.

"Kira is under no circumstances to leave the new realm, and she especially shouldn't be visiting the fairy realm, you both know just how obsessed they can get if none of their pranks works"

Both Nox and Aether frowned slightly embarrassed "Yes we get it, we get it"

both said in unison.

Neither of them wanted to admit that it was when the fay discovered that Chaos was their mom that they had been treated very nicely by the Fae just to be tricked with the fine print in the contract.

The Fae considered their younger age more appealing and it was a way to get to Chaos with a prank indirectly.

9